AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 40.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 22.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-22, 03:12   Link #301
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Hmm no love for Fate?

With the hint that Pray will be played during a shocking scene, and sung by Fate's VA, does no one think Fate has her death flag reasonably high?
Not really. And judging by the circumstances Fate's in the least danger.
Old 2007-08-22, 03:14   Link #302
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I get this strange feeling that by the end of StrikerS, one of the following might happen...
  • Nanoha dies
  • Vita dies
  • Hayate dies
Then again, it might not happen either....
i hope not.. >.<" , i dun want any1 die ...
Old 2007-08-22, 03:15   Link #303
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Not really. And judging by the circumstances Fate's in the least danger.
Schach? She's the lowest ranked mage behind enemy lines.

Yeah that's random, more random than Fate dying IMO.
Old 2007-08-22, 03:16   Link #304
Tormenk

Speaking of Precia, could Jail be in any way be possibly related to the accident that killed Alicia? Since Precia and Jail were past fellow researchers on Project F, he might have been there while Precia conducted the ill-blessed experiment.I might even have a wild theory relating Jail to Precia's failure.
Old 2007-08-22, 03:22   Link #305
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Speaking of Precia, could Jail be in any way be possibly related to the accident that killed Alicia? Since Precia and Jail were past fellow researchers on Project F, he might have been there while Precia conducted the ill-blessed experiment.I might even have a wild theory relating Jail to Precia's failure.
The accident was caused by a failed high-energy experiment IIRC, and thus is markedly different from Jail's field. But the subsequent events that created Fate, I think there's possible collaboration there. :3
Old 2007-08-22, 03:24   Link #306
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
More like, Jail was involved in creating Fate, I think the incident was Precia's fault(using illegal materials for experiments).

Now that you mention season 1, back then they said Al Hazred (or Al Hazard, what ever...) was a myth, that they weren't sure such a place existed...
I guess with the fact that the Cradle is from Al Hazred, it's proof enough that it did exist, not sure if it still does though...
Old 2007-08-22, 03:27   Link #307
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Now that you mention season 1, back then they said Al Hazred (or Al Hazard, what ever...) was a myth, that they weren't sure such a place existed...
I guess with the fact that the Cradle is from Al Hazred, it's proof enough that it did exist, not sure if it still does though...
They may end StrikerS with a cliffhanger related to Al-Hazard and then have the 4th season with either heroes getting there or Al-Hazard itself returning
Old 2007-08-22, 03:29   Link #308
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Jail is an orphan of Al-Hazred. If flesh and blood isn't proof, I don't know what is.

And considering how the base and framework for Sentoukijin technology and Project F is probably known to like every evil Tom, bastard Dick and dirty Harry, I wouldn't put my money on it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-22, 03:32   Link #309
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
More like, Jail was involved in creating Fate, I think the incident was Precia's fault(using illegal materials for experiments).

The Cradle was from Belka, not Al Hazred, unless that's where the Belka came from...
Old 2007-08-22, 03:35   Link #310
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Jail is an orphan of Al-Hazred. If flesh and blood isn't proof, I don't know what is.
That's another thing I want to know, why do they know he's an 'orphan of Al-Hazred' ? Is there a birth mark or something? Is it the knowledge of advance biology? Is it the loose-screw in the head?

Or do they just assume?
Old 2007-08-22, 03:41   Link #311
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's another thing I want to know, why do they know he's an 'orphan of Al-Hazred' ? Is there a birth mark or something? Is it the knowledge of advance biology? Is it the loose-screw in the head?

Or do they just assume?
150 years IS a long time...

And since they're like...the tops of the tops, there could be things that they're hiding from TSAB far more than their own corrupt nature, since despite all their hypocritical acts, they are doing it for the sake of peace.

Hell, for all we know, Al-Hazred stil exist, and the reason they're hiding that is to prevent a gateway to that place be opened.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-22, 03:48   Link #312
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hell, for all we know, Al-Hazred stil exist, and the reason they're hiding that is to prevent a gateway to that place be opened.
I'd go for them hiding the means to warp to that place.
Old 2007-08-22, 04:05   Link #313
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kha
The Cradle was from Belka, not Al Hazred, unless that's where the Belka came from...
Wrong, in ep21 Yuuno says, even in ancient Belka times, it was recognised as a Lost Logia weapon. Although it's only Yuuno's speculation that it's from Al-Hazard, it's defintely not of Belka-origin.
Which raises an interesting point: In ancient times, it was the Belka Saint that activated the Cradle, right? Since the Belka civilization did not built the ship, could they have installed such an activation system on it? If not, then the Saint came from the same civilization that built the Cradle!
Something to think about, huh?

EDIT: On another matter, when they were in the Cradle, which course of action would you prefer Vita and Nanoha to take? Split up as they did, take the throne or reactor first, and why?
For myself, I would focus on shutting down the reactor first. The Cradle may or may not still be able to move without Vivio, but it'll most likely be disabled if they can shut down the reactor. That will buy the time the dimensional fleet needs to reach Midchilda. The only issue is, can the shut down the reactor without blowing up the ship? That's what they need if they are to save Vivio after taking out the reactor.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2007-08-22 at 04:24.
Old 2007-08-22, 04:18   Link #314
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Wrong, in ep21 Yuuno says, even in ancient Belka times, it was recognised as a Lost Logia weapon. Although it's only Yuuno's speculation that it's from Al-Hazard, it's defintely not of Belka-origin.
Which raises an interesting point: In ancient times, it was the Belka Saint that activated the Cradle, right? Since the Belka civilization did not built the ship, could they have installed such an activation system on it? If not, then the Saint came from the same civilization that built the Cradle!
I think so too, the Saint must come from the same civilization that the Cradle came from, the Belka just found it first and 'adopted' it
Old 2007-08-22, 04:25   Link #315
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Am I correct about the God Empress/Seiou-sama AGAIN?!

Now I'm starting to feel like my other self works at Seven Arcs.
Old 2007-08-22, 05:58   Link #316
arkhangelsk

Quote:
That was the official explanation given by the company to the government, who swallowed it whole. What really happened is a stereotypical Soviet style "Amateur seniors want results over realistic timeframes ... causes accidents" kinda thing.
Old 2007-08-22, 06:45   Link #317
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
That was the official explanation given by the company to the government, who swallowed it whole. What really happened is a stereotypical Soviet style "Amateur seniors want results over realistic timeframes ... causes accidents" kinda thing.
Precia was probably a handy scapegoat, since Alicia having died had already unhinged her a little bit by this point. It does kinda beg the question, though.. what the hell was Precia involved with that had the remotest possibility of releasing that much power?
Old 2007-08-22, 06:49   Link #318
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post

EDIT: On another matter, when they were in the Cradle, which course of action would you prefer Vita and Nanoha to take? Split up as they did, take the throne or reactor first, and why?
For myself, I would focus on shutting down the reactor first. The Cradle may or may not still be able to move without Vivio, but it'll most likely be disabled if they can shut down the reactor. That will buy the time the dimensional fleet needs to reach Midchilda. The only issue is, can the shut down the reactor without blowing up the ship? That's what they need if they are to save Vivio after taking out the reactor.
Both the throne room and the reactor is worlds apart. Without aid, it might take a couple of hours just bashing through drone army after drone army. That's provided they take the normal Nanoha approach; a Jedi knight and his padawan can take down a capital ship under an hour, but needs stealth. Hence, if the ship starts sinking after the reactor goes down (which most probably would), there is a high chance that there'll be no time to rescue Vivio.

What I find strange is that Scagletti doesn't have the brains to use Vivio as a hostage (I'd love to Scagletti point a good ol' .45 at Vivio's head while smirking like he owned the world) and make Nanoha and Vita leave the ship or even do a lap dance for him. He's got a girl chained to a chair for God's sakes; that's what you do to counter direct intrusions when you have something they want to rescue.

The counterpoint is that he wants Vivio alive. But if Nanoha succeeds, there's no point in keeping Vivio alive, so he'd might as well try to contain the White Devil and slow her down until firing point.
Old 2007-08-22, 06:53   Link #319
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Precia was probably a handy scapegoat, since Alicia having died had already unhinged her a little bit by this point. It does kinda beg the question, though.. what the hell was Precia involved with that had the remotest possibility of releasing that much power?
Opening the route to Al-Hazred.
Old 2007-08-22, 07:00   Link #320
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Both the throne room and the reactor is worlds apart. Without aid, it might take a couple of hours just bashing through drone army after drone army. That's provided they take the normal Nanoha approach; a Jedi knight and his padawan can take down a capital ship under an hour, but needs stealth. Hence, if the ship starts sinking after the reactor goes down (which most probably would), there is a high chance that there'll be no time to rescue Vivio.

What I find strange is that Scagletti doesn't have the brains to use Vivio as a hostage (I'd love to Scagletti point a good ol' .45 at Vivio's head while smirking like he owned the world) and make Nanoha and Vita leave the ship or even do a lap dance for him. He's got a girl chained to a chair for God's sakes; that's what you do to counter direct intrusions when you have something they want to rescue.

The counterpoint is that he wants Vivio alive. But if Nanoha succeeds, there's no point in keeping Vivio alive, so he'd might as well try to contain the White Devil and slow her down until firing point.
He doesn't need to threaten to kill Vivio, I guess that a threat of her being shot in the limbs (he could also put a scalpel to good use ) will be enough to screw Nanoha (but still some kind of barrier in front of him capable of holding against a couple of atacks at least wouldn't hurt).
Closed Thread