AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-21, 06:56   Link #61
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
People wine and wine about How makoto needs to die, but the real person who need to die is taisuke.
Come one makoto didnt rape anyone he got his booty fair and square not some guy who just grabs then and FK them.
Old 2007-12-21, 08:18   Link #62
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
There is no doubt what he did was wrong. Yet again, the age. We have all been teenagers, even when your "horny", you dont take advantage of every freaking girl you see. It wasnt like Sekai wasnt putting out enough to satisfy his needs...Sekai was willing to have sex with him so often that I am not surprised she ended up pregnant and yet he wants more? That is not just a mistake, even though he "MIGHT" not have the intent of hurting Sekai but while sleeping with other girls while officially dating her, just acting the way he is, is hurting her and behind her back sleep with another girl..

You are right that breaking a girls heart doesnt result in death since I would be dead as well if that did happen but he broke at least 3 girls heart, got 1 pregnant, cause 1 to go insane and lastly, FELT NO REMORSE. Thats the thing that is bugging me the most. He shown no sign of redemption for his actions and just went on doing what he did before that only caused more pain to the girls.
I'm a big proponent of quality over quantity. I feel like doing something wrong multiple times should result in a harsher punishment of the same type. For instance, if a person robs a store, put them in jail for a month. If they rob it twice, put them in for two months. If they rob a store nineteen time, put them in for five years. The only reason to boost up a penalty is if they keep on making the same mistake, get caught, get released, and do it again. And even then, it should never change something to death. However, Makoto really never was caught. I mean, Setsuna may have caught him and told him what was going on, but it was in such a roundabout way. Sekai and Kotonoha never opened up to him about their feelings until the last episode, bottling it up inside of them instead of showing that they were heartbroken.
That being said, you gave 3 reasons. Since I believe quantity doesn't matter in the type of punishment, I'm going to check each one to see if it warrents death. For if none of them do, together they don't.
1. Broke 3 girls' hearts - We agreed that 1 girls' heart being broken doesn't constitute death, so 3 girls' hearts do not.
2. Caused a girl to go insane - Take some popular fiction, and just add in this element.
Spoiler for LOTR:
Spoiler for Harry Potter:
These two examples are theoretical examples of how continually breaking a person's heart can lead to insanity. But Kotonoha's insanity was done to herself. Makoto was a catalyst by breaking her heart continually, but the rest was her doing. He does not deserve death for that.
3. Pregnancy - Not a cause for death. As I've been stating, he should have had to take on responsibility as the father.
4. Felt no remorse - It's true that doing something wrong and feeling no remorse is a bad thing. But as a cause for death? If you try arguing this in the courts as to the reason why a certain burglar should be put to death, they'll probably close the book immediately. (Note that in court comparisons, Makoto did not kill anyone, rape anyone, or set anyone's house on fire. His misdeeds were much less than those. So, burglary/robbery is probably the best comparison.) It is one thing to feel no remorse about murdering somebody or raping somebody. But feeling no remorse for breaking a girl's heart, however despicable it is, is not a reason to be put to death.

Also, do note that out of all the characters Makoto hurt in the story, only 1 of them thought he should have been put to death, which was Sekai. And after Sekai murdered him, she was completely dumbfounded and shocked, realizing that was wrong.
Old 2007-12-21, 08:30   Link #63
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
People wine and wine about How makoto needs to die, but the real person who need to die is taisuke.
Come one makoto didnt rape anyone he got his booty fair and square not some guy who just grabs then and FK them.
Another grey area. I think we need more insight into his situation to judge what outcome he should get. Sure he did rape kotonoha but it was a mistake. Did he realise it was a mistake and feel remorse? or would he be willing to go rape someone else seen as he already had a taste of ecstasy?

Without further info its too hard to judge how he feels but in makoto's case it is clear that he is a wrong doer and will not change at present time.

While people say that makoto should be given a chance to change then the same can be said for this happy yaro. But it is just here we do not know to what he would do next after commiting one sin.

Makoto on the other hand has commited many ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-21, 14:05   Link #64
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I'm a big proponent of quality over quantity. I feel like doing something wrong multiple times should result in a harsher punishment of the same type. For instance, if a person robs a store, put them in jail for a month. If they rob it twice, put them in for two months. If they rob a store nineteen time, put them in for five years. The only reason to boost up a penalty is if they keep on making the same mistake, get caught, get released, and do it again. And even then, it should never change something to death. However, Makoto really never was caught. I mean, Setsuna may have caught him and told him what was going on, but it was in such a roundabout way. Sekai and Kotonoha never opened up to him about their feelings until the last episode, bottling it up inside of them instead of showing that they were heartbroken.
That being said, you gave 3 reasons. Since I believe quantity doesn't matter in the type of punishment, I'm going to check each one to see if it warrents death. For if none of them do, together they don't.
1. Broke 3 girls' hearts - We agreed that 1 girls' heart being broken doesn't constitute death, so 3 girls' hearts do not.
2. Caused a girl to go insane - Take some popular fiction, and just add in this element.
Spoiler for LOTR:
Spoiler for Harry Potter:
These two examples are theoretical examples of how continually breaking a person's heart can lead to insanity. But Kotonoha's insanity was done to herself. Makoto was a catalyst by breaking her heart continually, but the rest was her doing. He does not deserve death for that.
3. Pregnancy - Not a cause for death. As I've been stating, he should have had to take on responsibility as the father.
4. Felt no remorse - It's true that doing something wrong and feeling no remorse is a bad thing. But as a cause for death? If you try arguing this in the courts as to the reason why a certain burglar should be put to death, they'll probably close the book immediately. (Note that in court comparisons, Makoto did not kill anyone, rape anyone, or set anyone's house on fire. His misdeeds were much less than those. So, burglary/robbery is probably the best comparison.) It is one thing to feel no remorse about murdering somebody or raping somebody. But feeling no remorse for breaking a girl's heart, however despicable it is, is not a reason to be put to death.

Also, do note that out of all the characters Makoto hurt in the story, only 1 of them thought he should have been put to death, which was Sekai. And after Sekai murdered him, she was completely dumbfounded and shocked, realizing that was wrong.
I dont see how a harsher punishment would stop or even prevent a criminal from repeating such deeds. Sekai might not have caught him first hand, but saw the tape, she did show her resentment in the deeds he made which was another reason why she didnt attend school for that short period of time.
Sekai has been telling Matoko his feelings the whole time, ever since the pregnancy to the point she cooked the meal. She gave her everything to him just to be push aside for another girl.
He will end up just breaking every girls heart with his personality. Why let someone go on and act this way when he shows no sign of changing?
If Matoko could have dealt with the situation properly, none of this would have happened to Kotonoha, neither getting raped(which I question..) and the bullying wouldnt have been this intense, one of the reasons they bully her was the crack in the relationship between Kotonoha x Matoko. They took advantage of that openning and made it deeper. I dont understand how it was her "own" doing, wtf did she do to deserve such things?
What he did might not be unlawful but definitely unethical. I am not arguing for a death penalty but for what he got at the end. You reap what you sew, he caused his own death, noone else.
Old 2007-12-21, 14:12   Link #65
Shana

Makoto doesn't deserve to die. He didn't kill anyone, did he? what he deserves is to finish being alone. I was really disappointed that Kotonoha went all psycho and that, but it isn't Makoto's fault at all. It was Sekai's, but that other thing, so I'll leave it.

Now it seems that Makoto's role in the series was "be created, have a girlfriend, someone makes he believe he is God and can hang out with all the world's girls, and die".
Old 2007-12-21, 15:18   Link #66
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Makoto doesn't deserve to die. He didn't kill anyone, did he? what he deserves is to finish being alone.
He was probably on course for that lonely ending. I suppose some might feel that he actually suffered less because Sekai made it so quick for him before he could realize what a fuck up he is. If he hadn't gotten the business end of a knife, as an old man, he would eventually have died alone, unmourned and unloved.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-22, 08:48   Link #67
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
He will end up just breaking every girls heart with his personality. Why let someone go on and act this way when he shows no sign of changing?
So, you're basically saying that because Makoto hurts a few girls emotionally, and will continue to, he should be murdered? A man cheats on his wife. She catches him. He continues to cheat on her with other women. Therefore, the best end result for this man is to be brutally murdered?

The best end result for Makoto is the Kotonoha/Sekai bad end in the game. Either his girlfriend is dead and his ex is insane, or his ex is dead, he immediately breaks up with Sekai, and never has a girlfriend for the rest of his life, living a lonely and miserable existence. Makoto's actions should never have resulted in death. That's why he was murdered by someone arguably insane at the time, because his death was not rational.
Old 2007-12-22, 19:20   Link #68
ironbomb

He didnt hurt the girls just once emotionally. He repeadedly hurt the girls over and over again which sometimes might makes me think, he does have some type of purpose for doing all this. It might not be intentional at first but I think he gets some type of thrill in cheating on someone...Would you want your heart to be broken twice because of how someone else acts leaving you feelings but yet never completetely commit to you? I for one, wont and cant stand such a thing and its happening as I type this to my friend, this freaking girl is playing with my friends feelings and he cant do nothing about it since he's heads over heels for her. Been trying to convince my friend what type of idiotic path he is walking down yet to no appeal. I am not saying that every person that cheats deserve to die but given the circumstances and how I view "love", you better say what you mean and not advantage of what it truly symbolize....you reap what you sew.
I wouldnt say that Sekai was in a state of insanity when she pulled off such an act but I do concede that she wasnt exactly "normal" at the time. I never played the game, I probably would have liked the same ending as the anime if the flow of the game is similar to the anime. I dont see how him being alone for the rest of his life is ENOUGH punishment for the deeds he has committed...even though it would be better to tortue and slowly kill someone than finishing them off instantly(what an oxymoron -_-).
Old 2007-12-22, 19:59   Link #69
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
He didnt hurt the girls just once emotionally. He repeadedly hurt the girls over and over again which sometimes might makes me think, he does have some type of purpose for doing all this. It might not be intentional at first but I think he gets some type of thrill in cheating on someone...Would you want your heart to be broken twice because of how someone else acts leaving you feelings but yet never completetely commit to you? I for one, wont and cant stand such a thing and its happening as I type this to my friend, this freaking girl is playing with my friends feelings and he cant do nothing about it since he's heads over heels for her. Been trying to convince my friend what type of idiotic path he is walking down yet to no appeal. I am not saying that every person that cheats deserve to die but given the circumstances and how I view "love", you better say what you mean and not advantage of what it truly symbolize....you reap what you sew.
I wouldnt say that Sekai was in a state of insanity when she pulled off such an act but I do concede that she wasnt exactly "normal" at the time. I never played the game, I probably would have liked the same ending as the anime if the flow of the game is similar to the anime. I dont see how him being alone for the rest of his life is ENOUGH punishment for the deeds he has committed...even though it would be better to tortue and slowly kill someone than finishing them off instantly(what an oxymoron -_-).
You're basically condemning Makoto for not having a conscience. He hurts girls, he knows he hurts girls, but does it anyway. Are you saying that all drug addicts who hurt their families repeatedly for drug money deserve death? How about sociopaths for not having a conscience due to mental illness?

I can understand how your friend's situation makes you sympathetic to the girls, but he doesn't deserve death. If you want to think about it this way, the bad ends where he never has a gf and works a dead end job due to emotional scars may be a fate worse than swift death.
Old 2007-12-22, 23:24   Link #70
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
You're basically condemning Makoto for not having a conscience. He hurts girls, he knows he hurts girls, but does it anyway. Are you saying that all drug addicts who hurt their families repeatedly for drug money deserve death? How about sociopaths for not having a conscience due to mental illness?
Relatively. I am not saying that drug dealers are the same since there situation might differ from Matoko's but to an extent, I dont like the idea of drugs in any occassion...so I have to say that what they do, I think they should be put away for good to prevent future/further damage to their respective families, even though it might shatter the hearts of the family members, its whats best for them...Sociopaths differ since they have hinderances to what is occurring....

Quote:
I can understand how your friend's situation makes you sympathetic to the girls, but he doesn't deserve death. If you want to think about it this way, the bad ends where he never has a gf and works a dead end job due to emotional scars may be a fate worse than swift death.
I totally agree that its worst than a quick death...I believe I stated that as well but that isnt something I could imagine or witness happening, killing someone and torturing someone is two different things and two different paths to take. I might be this way as well because I been through a few emotional breakup and had first hand experience of sort but I dont see how anyone could forgive such doings ESPECIALLY when he doesnt show signs of remorse...which I know stated a few times but cant help it since its true.
Old 2007-12-23, 00:47   Link #71
Fervor

Ironbomb, you need to look at this from Makoto's point of view. This is why I went off about 'intent' so much before. Makoto was oblivious to most of the suffering the girls endured. Most of the suffering wasn't caused purely by him either. Most people do not turn homicidal or psychotic, no matter what happens to them.

You are making Makoto far, far worse than he actually is because you are focusing so much on the girls' point of view. I don't think you are being objective.

I can't think of anything else that can possibly change your mind that hasn't already been said. I think this is a difference of core beliefs between you and me (and the other people arguing that the death was undeserved).

It still surprises me that anyone thinks his death was deserved. In my mind, death is totally excessive...far beyond what he deserves.
Old 2007-12-23, 04:56   Link #72
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fervor View Post
Ironbomb, you need to look at this from Makoto's point of view. This is why I went off about 'intent' so much before. Makoto was oblivious to most of the suffering the girls endured. Most of the suffering wasn't caused purely by him either. Most people do not turn homicidal or psychotic, no matter what happens to them.

You are making Makoto far, far worse than he actually is because you are focusing so much on the girls' point of view. I don't think you are being objective.

I can't think of anything else that can possibly change your mind that hasn't already been said. I think this is a difference of core beliefs between you and me (and the other people arguing that the death was undeserved).

It still surprises me that anyone thinks his death was deserved. In my mind, death is totally excessive...far beyond what he deserves.
before I start typing aynthing, I am totaly wastred right now....SO buzzed, geez. Maybe its because of our difference in our initial beliefs and how we are brought up. ..I have seen all I have seen through matokos perspective. He is a freaking asshole, with that siad, that about details everything about him. He is freaking useless as a human, might as well get rid of ghim. If I looked at Motoko's point of view, I would end up hating myself, because it was something similar I habe beem through...GOD....I DONT LIKETH IS ONE BIT!
Old 2007-12-23, 05:29   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
before I start typing aynthing, I am totaly wastred right now....SO buzzed, geez. Maybe its because of our difference in our initial beliefs and how we are brought up. ..I have seen all I have seen through matokos perspective. He is a freaking asshole, with that siad, that about details everything about him. He is freaking useless as a human, might as well get rid of ghim. If I looked at Motoko's point of view, I would end up hating myself, because it was something similar I habe beem through...GOD....I DONT LIKETH IS ONE BIT!
o_0

*takes a note never to converse drunk*

Quote:
Makoto's point of view.
Makoto's point of view (by the start of corruption) - Oh, it's a girl. Time to score! *pant* *pant* *pant*
And this by ep.11: Crap, no more girls. Running out.. of... girls... Gargh... Oh, look... Kotonoha... I haven't taken her yet... *pant* *pant* *pant*
By ep. 12 stabbing: Ouchouchouchouchouchouchouch, need more sex... *flop*
By the end:.............................................. ............................. *flop*

It's probably something like this for him through the last few episodes.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-23, 05:36   Link #74
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Makoto's point of view (by the start of corruption) - Oh, it's a girl. Time to score! *pant* *pant* *pant*
And this by ep.11: Crap, no more girls. Running out.. of... girls... Gargh... Oh, look... Kotonoha... I haven't taken her yet... *pant* *pant* *pant*
By ep. 12 stabbing: Ouchouchouchouchouchouchouch, need more sex... *flop*
By the end:.............................................. ............................. *flop*

It's probably something like this for him through the last few episodes.
Scum alert*scum alert*!
Makoto's point of view is not worth looking through as it is neatly summerised above

Bottom line is that he doesn't give a dam what girls think and treats them like objects. Just take a look at the very first date he had with kotonoha and think if that is something a normal person would do?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-23, 08:10   Link #75
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
tripperazn makes a really good point. Many people hurt others continually without remorse. Drug addicts for one.

Has it ever occurred to you that Makoto might be a sex addict? Granted, it's unlikely to happen in real life that quickly, but just check out the addiction requirements (Taken from wikipedia):
1. Recurrent failure (pattern) to resist impulses to engage in specific sexual behavior. (Never denied sex once, did he?)
2. Frequent engaging in those behaviors to a greater extent or over a longer period of time than intended. (Threesome orgy?)
3. Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to stop, reduce, or control those behaviors. (Not yet.)
4. Inordinate amount of time spent in obtaining sex, being sexual, or recovering from sexual experience. (Yep, happened.)
5. Preoccupation with the behavior or preparatory activities. (Same)
6. Frequent engaging in the behavior when expected to fulfill occupational, academic, domestic, or social obligations. (At the school festival, at the water park, etc.)
7. Continuation of the behavior despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent social, financial, psychological, or physical problem that is caused or exacerbated by the behavior. (Social problems in hurting the girls.)
8. Need to increase the intensity, frequency, number, or risk of behaviors to achieve the desired effect, or diminished effect with continued behaviors at the same level of intensity, frequency, number, or risk. (Threesome instead of just Sekai or Otome)
9. Giving up or limiting social, occupational, or recreational activities because of the behavior. (Never really seen doing anything else, is he?)
10. Distress, anxiety, restlessness, or irritability if unable to engage in the behavior. (Episode 11 at the end.)

A sex addict is unable to control his life, just like a drug addict. They hurt the ones they care about, beyond their control. Does that mean that they should die?

Also...
Quote:
Would you want your heart to be broken twice because of how someone else acts leaving you feelings but yet never completetely commit to you? I for one, wont and cant stand such a thing and its happening as I type this to my friend, this freaking girl is playing with my friends feelings and he cant do nothing about it since he's heads over heels for her.
Of course I wouldn't want that. But it's happened to me, regardless. And trust me, I have no murderous intentions towards him. The idea has never even crossed my mind. It's what a normal girl should feel when her heart is broken: upset, but not murderous.
Old 2007-12-23, 08:56   Link #76
Yuki~

Send a message via AIM to Yuki~
Eh, it's still up in the air for me whether he deserved to die or not. True, he broke the hearts of two girls that really cared for him, he slept with other girls not because he cared for them, but because he wanted some, and he got the girl he claims to love pregnant (though I question this, but still his reaction to her pregnancy was inconsiderate whether she was faking or not), and still he feels no regret until the very end (and maybe not even then). Despite all those things, I'm still unsure of whether he needs to die or not. Think of all the men and women in this world that do things like that, you wouldn't say they all deserved death would you? He was a teenager, his hormones were raging, he was unsure of what he wanted between these two girls. He needed comfort and apparently found it in sleeping with girls. I'm not saying that any of what he did is excusable, but you have to attempt to see it from his point of view before you can decide whether or not his death was justified. I really don't think he meant to hurt Sekai or Kotonoha, I think he was just thinking with his heart and penis rather than his brain, although he does somewhat realize what he's done in episode 11 when he can't get in contact with any of the girls (that is, until Kotonoha shows up and gives him the comfort he wanted/needed).
Now, before anyone replies saying "well you're just looking at it from his point of view", believe me, I'm not. Me being a woman, I completely sympathized with Kotonoha the most out of everyone. She was innocent throughout the entire relationship, yet she was hurt and devastated the most. Now, there isn't really much background information to justify the statement that "Makoto drove her insane" but you do have to admit that he caused a great deal of it, seeing her change throughout. Sekai I don't sympathize as much, because she of all people should have known that it was wrong, and I do understand that she, like Makoto, had hormones and feelings, but had she never kissed him, let him "practice" with her, he more than likely wouldn't have cheated on Kotonoha. Sekai should have been the one attempting to stop the relationship, seeing as how she brought Makoto and Kotonoha together in the first place. She has as much blame in this situation as Makoto does. I can somewhat sympathize with Sekai for the way Makoto reacted to her pregnancy by telling her to get an abortion, then to leave his house while he brings Kotonoha over (which she had to find out herself), but killing him was not the way to go about things.
Maybe I'm not sympathizing enough with the girls, but I honestly believe that Makoto did not deserve to die, though that doesn't mean he should go without punishment. Had Kotonoha never showed up in ep 11 I think he would have realized his actions, honestly he had already started to when he began to think about Kotonoha, or maybe that was just him thinking "Man I'd love to have her in bed" but we'll just leave that one for the imagination. Maybe a nice long beating or torture of some sort might have sufficed, but not death. Though, he still may not have learned his lesson. We're all unsure of whether he learned his lesson as he was being killed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
If he hadn't gotten the business end of a knife, as an old man, he would eventually have died alone, unmourned and unloved.
Though being alone the rest of his life would have been an excellent punishment, we all know that as long as she lives, Kotonoha would have never let that happen. Even after death, she was still with him.
Old 2007-12-23, 09:22   Link #77
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Hmm, that is a good question. Does Makoto deserve to die?

Well, First of all Makoto did some bad stuff to alot of people including Koto and Sekai, but he didn't deserve to die. Then know that he did that stuff to them, he was just a horny young man who just didn't think about it at all. He kept on sleeping around with every women there but he didn't raped them or blackmailed them, the ladies wasn't thinking about it and they went with their emotions. So Makoto didn't deserve to die but he should been punished for doing that and maybe, maybe he could got his act straight but it was too late for him.

If he knew about Sekai and Koto a long time ago and he wasnt a dumba$$, then we would stay about 30 feet away from them but that didnt happen.
Old 2007-12-23, 16:59   Link #78
ironbomb

i fgot a hangover right now and havent read all the posts/reploies. Shit, man cant believe you still cant agree he should DIE!!!!!! I believe that I did state that Drug Addicts should be imprison or isolated from there family if it causes them trouble, dont remember if I did post that...With that said, I think Matoko, being a sex addicted as described by someone..sorry dont feel like crolling back upo to check, he should be either killed off to prevent future damage or isolated with other people of similar problems. Then again when I think about wtf happened to Kotonoha, I freaking start tearing, eyes watery right now just thinking wtf happened to her, I cant stand but feel his result is justified.
I do beleive in givin gpeople sedond chances but only if that person shows sign of change andor regret. DId he? FUCK NO...what he did was fuck up more and more, excuse my langayuge....maybe ill type more when I sober up.
Old 2007-12-23, 22:47   Link #79
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hm, I think the title for this thread will spoil a lot of people, so I vote we change it so "Did Makoto deserved what he got?" or "Did what happen to Makoto justifiable?"

Anyways, my answer is no. I'm not even going to go into what he did, but no one deserves that.
Old 2007-12-24, 22:33   Link #80
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Hm, I think the title for this thread will spoil a lot of people, so I vote we change it so "Did Makoto deserved what he got?" or "Did what happen to Makoto justifiable?"
Actually, I'm not sure, but I think those titles are even more spoiler-ish. The current title asks "Does he deserve to die?" but doesn't specify what happened in the ending -- it's asking a generic question irregardless of what the anime had to say about it. If you didn't watch the show and, by some miracle, still haven't been spoiled as to how it ended, you wouldn't necessarily know that he did die. You might just think that some people think he deserves it (and that comes up fairly often in shows in this genre, which is why this show "went there" in the first place). Either of the did questions you proposed are begging the question, because they give away that something bad happened to him even if they don't spell out what it is. So I think someone might be even more likely to spoil themselves if they read a title like "Did he get what he deserved" than if they read the title as is. If you really want something more generic, perhaps it would have been better as "Is Makoto's behaviour justifiable?", but that would have totally changed this thread (maybe for the better, but still...)

In any event, that's just my own personal opinion -- it is not "The Opinion Of The Mods".
Closed Thread