AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-06, 12:17   Link #1081
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Ever heard of Viral Marketing?
Exactly what does that have to do with my point?

Viral Marketing is crap anyway.

My point is that I simply don't understand what they mean by wanting to do a "completely new “Haruhi” again".

Why bother with a remake? Why not just give the fans what they want and deserve? Why do this to us?
Old 2008-06-06, 13:17   Link #1082
typhonsentra

Any translations yet?
Old 2008-06-06, 13:42   Link #1083
Kisuke06
I see...

What? They will remake the first season? =/
Old 2008-06-06, 14:03   Link #1084
justsomeguy

Are there any sources to confirm this, besides Canned Dogs?

Also, instead of a remake of MoSH, it reads to me like KyoAni is simply starting from scratch, redoing character designs, settings, etc. just to put the animators back into Haruhiist mode after such a long break. Maybe they're afraid that if they just use what they had from first season they wouldn't be in the right mindset for this show.
Old 2008-06-06, 14:04   Link #1085
rg4619

Quote:
My point is that I simply don't understand what they mean by wanting to do a "completely new “Haruhi” again".

Why bother with a remake? Why not just give the fans what they want and deserve? Why do this to us?
This doesn't necessarily mean remake. By "completely new Haruhi", they're probably referring to the direction and style of the show (i.e. tone and series structure). Whereas the initial impulse might've been to do a sequel along the same lines of the original, they've decided to work out a fresh vision from scratch.
Old 2008-06-06, 14:24   Link #1086
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
YES IT'S FINALLY OUT!

Man, seeing that uniform is like, a dream come true.

Now for actual content, plz.
Yeah I had already mentioned elsewhere that they are really going overkill with the build up to something that is just really an addition to a light entertainment. I was almost expecting to witness the rapture when I heard news of new information, but it just turned out to be a couple photos proving it exists....kind of reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever.

Come on Kadokawa, get on it already, times a wastin'. *Looks at watch* No really the longer you wait, the more likely it's going to end up backfiring instead and people are going to catch on to this anticipation building style of marketing. Once anxiety takes over from anticipation the game is lost.

Also this news of a scrapped second season sounds eerily like Kadokawa once again interfering in the production process of Kyoto Animation. I hope it doesn't mean it ends up like Lucky Star where accuracy to the source material and that which makes the franchise enjoyable is sacrificed to promote Kadokawa's own products. Resist Kyoani, resist if it's the case. Stand up for yourselves.
Old 2008-06-06, 14:31   Link #1087
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Also this news of a scrapped second season sounds eerily like Kadokawa once again interfering in the production process of Kyoto Animation. I hope it doesn't mean it ends up like Lucky Star where accuracy to the source material and that which makes the franchise enjoyable is sacrificed to promote Kadokawa's own products. Resist Kyoani, resist if it's the case. Stand up for yourselves.
Didn't the LS manga suck, though?
Old 2008-06-06, 14:40   Link #1088
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Didn't the LS manga suck, though?
From what others have said, I get the sense that the 4-koma was most similar to the first episode, which few people liked.
Old 2008-06-06, 15:08   Link #1089
typhonsentra

Well.... this has been a deflating turn of events. No new information for the books a year after it was due to release and now no Haruhi this year? Fack, if this isn't a misunderstanding I think I'm done with this series. I've been patient for two years and now it turns out the teaser from last year was meaningless and they haven't even started yet? And that when they do start up it'll partially be a remake?
Old 2008-06-06, 15:14   Link #1090
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

I'm pretty sure they mean remake as in like what they did with Duke Nukem Forever when they scrapped the intial engine and plot and kept going with newer more up to date ones. Essentially I imagine it's exactly like they did with Lucky Star post episode 04.
Old 2008-06-06, 15:16   Link #1091
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Well.... this has been a deflating turn of events. No new information for the books a year after it was due to release and now no Haruhi this year? Fack, if this isn't a misunderstanding I think I'm done with this series. I've been patient for two years and now it turns out the teaser from last year was meaningless and they haven't even started yet? And that when they do start up it'll partially be a remake?
I feel pretty much the same way, but there's no real use complaining about it anymore.
Old 2008-06-06, 15:58   Link #1092
justsomeguy

Better that KyoAni spends time to get it right. We don't want Haruhi 2 to end up like Destiny, Futatsuki no Kishi, StrikerS, or Shana II, do we?
Old 2008-06-06, 16:02   Link #1093
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Better that KyoAni spends time to get it right. We don't want Haruhi 2 to end up like Destiny, Futatsuki no Kishi, StrikerS, or Shana II, do we?
No, but it's not like adapting a written work is actually difficult at all, if you don't dick around with the story... (I'm looking at you, JC Staff...)

I've said this like a billion times before, but what I'd like to see rather than more Haruhi is a KyoAni version of Shana. That would be epic and awesome.

Either that, or Little Busters.
Old 2008-06-06, 16:02   Link #1094
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Wow, what happened to the highly anticipated info about Haruhi season 2?? Kyoto Animations are really screwing around with their fans now...its been a year since every Haruhi fan has seen that teaser and with the poster of Yuki and still no info on Haruhi season 2 yet. Instead we get info on the games that are currently out for the systems. If they are trying to "remake" the whole first season, then thats just wasting time...and for what purpose? To make it into a 24 episode season trying to tie in both Melancholy and Disappearance??

I don't know...either Kyoto Animations is playing mind games with us and not really saying anything until they unexpectedly air Haruhi season 2 or they are trying the dreaded "viral" campaign, (I blame Cloverfield for this crap!!!...errrr>_<) keeping their fans waiting will just fade away the anticipation.
Old 2008-06-06, 16:08   Link #1095
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Wow, what happened to the highly anticipated info about Haruhi season 2?? Kyoto Animations are really screwing around with their fans now...its been a year since every Haruhi fan has seen that teaser and with the poster of Yuki and still no info on Haruhi season 2 yet. Instead we get info on the games that are currently out for the systems. If they are trying to "remake" the whole first season, then thats just wasting time...and for what purpose? To make it into a 24 episode season trying to tie in both Melancholy and Disappearance??

I don't know...either Kyoto Animations is playing mind games with us and not really saying anything until they unexpectedly air Haruhi season 2 or they are trying the dreaded "viral" campaign, (I blame Cloverfield for this crap!!!...errrr>_<) keeping their fans waiting will just fade away the anticipation.
I'm sure it's actually Kadokawa's fault rather than Kyoani's. I mean they carry the licence, do the avertising and shout the orders down and then Kyoani basically does what they ask. If anyone is to be blamed for the drawn out marketing campaign it's them.
Old 2008-06-06, 16:09   Link #1096
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I'm sure it's actually Kadokawa's fault rather than Kyoani's. I mean they carry the licence, do the avertising and shout the orders down and then Kyoani basically does what they ask. If anyone is to be blamed for the drawn out marketing campaign it's them.
Well, once we get a full translation, we'll see, huh?
Old 2008-06-06, 16:14   Link #1097
rg4619

Quote:
I've been patient for two years and now it turns out the teaser from last year was meaningless and they haven't even started yet?
They've been busy with all that Lucky Star and Clannad stuff, so what can we expect?

With Ishihara and the bulk of the company's staff on Clannad After Story, it's unlikely that any full scale Haruhi production can occur.

Quote:
And that when they do start up it'll partially be a remake?
New Haruhi =/= Remake

It's a play on semantics for marketing reasons. 2nd Season usually suggests a mere continuation (although this isn't always true), whereas the idea of a new Haruhi suggests something refreshing and extraordinary. They want the next season to be viewed as both a story sequel and a new, freshly envisioned product.

In the video game business, we see this kind of planning quite often (i.e. Resident Evil 4, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Elder Scrolls III, etc.).
Old 2008-06-06, 16:17   Link #1098
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
yeah, that is true. So theres a high chance that Kyoto hasn't even touched Haruhi season 2 because of Kadokawa. If this is true, then thats a pretty bad move and doing the viral campaign stuff isn't really going to hype up the series. Everyone (or mostly everyone) has read the novels already, so they should know whats to come even with those useless viral ads they come up with.

I'm sure the got their hands full with Clannad~After Story~, but atleast more info on Haruhi season 2 would have been good...especially since this issue of Newtype was really highly anticipated by many fans.
Old 2008-06-06, 16:25   Link #1099
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

By the way, is there ANY official confirmation besides what Canned Dogs says?

Edit: Okay, there is, nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
They've been busy with all that Lucky Star and Clannad stuff, so what can we expect?

With Ishihara and the bulk of the company's staff on Clannad After Story, it's unlikely that any full scale Haruhi production can occur.
Work is started on most productions at least a year prior, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Everyone (or mostly everyone) has read the novels already, so they should know whats to come even with those useless viral ads they come up with.
Kadokawa really should know this, too...
Old 2008-06-06, 16:31   Link #1100
Helioz

btw,
Somebody, please, make hight resolution scans of the articles!
I will make the translation.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen