AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-04, 13:43   Link #1
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

[Anime] Episode 47: Homunculus Sealed

Just one word for this ep...intense...

Spoiler:

...mama...
Old 2004-09-04, 14:18   Link #2
archange

yes pretty good episode overall

Spoiler:

Last edited by archange; 2004-09-04 at 14:28. Reason: typos
Old 2004-09-04, 14:27   Link #3
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by archange
yes pretty good episdode overall

Spoiler:
That's what happens when the Anime team dont start to change the script of the Anime untill they are close to catching up to the manga :P
Old 2004-09-04, 14:41   Link #4
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san
That's what happens when the Anime team dont start to change the script of the Anime untill they are close to catching up to the manga :P

Or Ed could have just been telling himself that lie all along and believing it. The sloth issue was decided in the anime since the beginning. Since Juliette Dougulas appears really really early. It's really obvious that Ed never destroyed the body, even in the early flashbacks. He wouldn't have been able to given the timeframe. His answer to "What did you do to the creature" was given so he didn't have to think about the consequences. He pretty much admitted that when he said to Sloth that he's been deliberately ignoring the truth.
Old 2004-09-04, 14:55   Link #5
archange

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
Or Ed could have just been telling himself that lie all along and believing it. The sloth issue was decided in the anime since the beginning. Since Juliette Dougulas appears really really early. It's really obvious that Ed never destroyed the body, even in the early flashbacks. He wouldn't have been able to given the timeframe. His answer to "What did you do to the creature" was given so he didn't have to think about the consequences. He pretty much admitted that when he said to Sloth that he's been deliberately ignoring the truth.
ho my memory is bad, i watched again ep 29 and al says that when he woke up the thing that should have been their mom wasn't there, sorry !
Old 2004-09-04, 15:15   Link #6
Ed Elric

Man this episode....so sad and good ;-;

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-04, 15:17   Link #7
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Al becomes more and more annoying with his overly naive attitude. I want him to die now
Old 2004-09-04, 15:17   Link #8
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archange
yes pretty good episode overall

Spoiler:

That was a bit odd but...

Spoiler:

Up to this episode I was quite confident that BONES could wrap things up but...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-04, 15:37   Link #9
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
Tringham brothers are the ones whu assumed the elric's name..and created the proto PS rite??..
Old 2004-09-04, 16:17   Link #10
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsta905_04
Tringham brothers are the ones whu assumed the elric's name..and created the proto PS rite??..
Yeah, they pretended to be the Elrics but they didn't create the proto PS, they were working on a method to crystalize it using plants as I recall. Perhaps they're still pretending to be the Elrics ...
Old 2004-09-04, 16:24   Link #11
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Yeah, they pretended to be the Elrics but they didn't create the proto PS, they were working on a method to crystalize it using plants as I recall. Perhaps they're still pretending to be the Elrics ...
well they did successfully crystallized some proto PS, the older brother even used one to fight against Ed. Also they made some fancy device to utilize the red water directly for alchemy I think...

one would wonder how there can be a stream of red water underground that town? Isn't the red water actually made from people's lives? So is that underground flow of red water natural or artificially created?
Old 2004-09-04, 16:44   Link #12
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well they did successfully crystallized some proto PS, the older brother even used one to fight against Ed. Also they made some fancy device to utilize the red water directly for alchemy I think...

one would wonder how there can be a stream of red water underground that town? Isn't the red water actually made from people's lives? So is that underground flow of red water natural or artificially created?
Well, if it is either natural or artificial I wonder how can it contain humans too. Unless it's a natural by-product of human decay and crystalizing it creates the proto-PS which has some powerful properties but not as potent as sacrificed souls, whose lives are 'contained' within the PS in the process. The red water was certainly abdundant, perhaps the vats of it in Lab 5 came from Xenotime in the first place.

I've always assumed those stone fed to the Humonculus must be PS to contained lives that they can trade upon each death. If it was red water, surely it wouldn't be powerful enough to enable them to escape the Gate.

I still can't figure out how the Tringhams can be involved at this late stage, unless there's something we're missing...

Old 2004-09-04, 17:11   Link #13
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Well, if it is either natural or artificial I wonder how can it contain humans too. Unless it's a natural by-product of human decay and crystalizing it creates the proto-PS which has some powerful properties but not as potent as sacrificed souls, whose lives are 'contained' within the PS in the process. The red water was certainly abdundant, perhaps the vats of it in Lab 5 came from Xenotime in the first place.

I've always assumed those stone fed to the Humonculus must be PS to contained lives that they can trade upon each death. If it was red water, surely it wouldn't be powerful enough to enable them to escape the Gate.

I still can't figure out how the Tringhams can be involved at this late stage, unless there's something we're missing...

I'm not sure how can human decay be used to trade for alchemy amplification... if that's the case, I guess lots of alchemists would be grave diggers

Hmmm... I hope it's not another lifestream theory now...

For Tringhams brothers... I guess BONES just don't want to waste side characters... Wonder if Psiren will play some more role later
Old 2004-09-04, 17:29   Link #14
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

Random language question: "Homunculus Fuhin" just means "Homunculus Seal" literally, doesn't it? The past-tense isn't implied in any way, right? (Tho probably makes more sense as an English title)
Old 2004-09-04, 19:07   Link #15
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Spoiler:

screw Al!

Otherwise that was a really good episode!
Old 2004-09-04, 23:00   Link #16
Mashimaro
q8D

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-05, 02:26   Link #17
nil
nothing yet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus
Random language question: "Homunculus Fuhin" just means "Homunculus Seal" literally, doesn't it? The past-tense isn't implied in any way, right? (Tho probably makes more sense as an English title)
Though original Japanese title lacks a subject, in this case "Homunculus Fuuin" means "seal Homunculus" . Not Homunclusus do, but be done.
Old 2004-09-05, 02:27   Link #18
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-05, 02:42   Link #19
Teh Dave
z0mg

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-05, 03:25   Link #20
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

....Wrath....needs to DIE. As quickly as possible. Irritating SOB -_-.

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Closed Thread