AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-06, 12:58   Link #1101
Tailong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
But they've already shown
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Hard to believe there's anything worse out there that they couldn't get away with at the midnight slot...

But I don't know the source material, so maybe there is, I suppose.

Still, pretty disappointing. I now feel I should wait till June to watch this so I get the final and complete experience, but that'd be pretty hard to do after having already watched dat first episode.
Spoiler:
Tailong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 16:19   Link #1102
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
But that means I won't be able to see all of the official subs since I'll be going to basic training with no electronics sometime next year. /: And I put official subs before any other unless said subs are horrid. Hopefully they change their minds/the announcement was misread.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 16:25   Link #1103
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Split cour makes me angry... Want it all now .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 09:18   Link #1104
Auria

Haven't seen this link posted here so.. Episode 2 preview pics . Exact 2nd act coverage confirmed?
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 10:39   Link #1105
cyberbeing

Episode 2, went up a few minutes ago with the normal quality 1Mbps stream. Chances are it will get switched over to the low quality 220Kbps eco-mode stream later in the day as people swarm to watch it, so for anybody awake, now would be a good time to watch.
Old 2011-10-16, 00:07   Link #1106
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Need to see anime for the first 3 wars...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:35   Link #1107
wm4

I had already seen the first 3 episodes.
It is not too bad, so far. I scored it 65/100.
There was actually no innovations in the series, but it is not important.

I am very confident that many people didn't even comprehend what they were watching; we are just following a spinoff series
from the immensely popular original game; It is the brand effect that is driving us to watch it.
The actual content and quality of the show becomes irrelevant.
But it is something we should still follow, regardless of how stupid it is. I must admit that it is an achievement.

Unfortunately, it is also very anti-intellectual.
Many people will watch a New Kamen Rider anyway; it doesn't matter if the show is really that good, just because it is a Rider.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:51   Link #1108
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You do realize that it is a prequel and not a spin off?
How are you supposed to dwelves in other things, without touching the continuity anyway?

And considering how the responses are, it is arguably something else than brand name, unless you call that mood being also a brand name.
One would be a bit dishonest to claim that both SN and Z are carbon copy of each other, considering the very stark differences of context, characters and methology.
Old 2011-10-16, 07:40   Link #1109
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
I had already seen the first 3 episodes.
It is not too bad, so far. I scored it 65/100.
There was actually no innovations in the series, but it is not important.

I am very confident that many people didn't even comprehend what they were watching; we are just following a spinoff series
from the immensely popular original game; It is the brand effect that is driving us to watch it.
The actual content and quality of the show becomes irrelevant.
But it is something we should still follow, regardless of how stupid it is. I must admit that it is an achievement.

Unfortunately, it is also very anti-intellectual.
Many people will watch a New Kamen Rider anyway; it doesn't matter if the show is really that good, just because it is a Rider.
Sir, can you please clarify why this show is "stupid", "no innovation" and "anti-intellectual" ?
Because if you don't, I'll take that you're trolling.
Old 2011-10-16, 08:04   Link #1110
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
What did you see in the show ?
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 08:56   Link #1111
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
What did you see in the show ?
I see a show that doesn't need to delve into stupid anime cliches in order to be entertaining and to tell a good story.

Plus, this show is not a spinoff, it is a prequel to the events of Fate/Stay Night. Please learn the difference before you start trolling, it makes you look like an idiot when you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 2011-10-16, 10:15   Link #1112
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Well he said basically same thing in AGE thread. Don't feed the troll I guess?
Old 2011-10-16, 13:47   Link #1113
jtstellar

god i hate the voice of saber master's wife.. sounds like an old nagging mother
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 14:34   Link #1114
ProfileOF
Dame Ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
god i hate the voice of saber master's wife.. sounds like an old nagging mother
Oohara Sayaka?
Though she has played so many successful roles, i have to admit she is not my ideal Iri... her voice is too weak.
ProfileOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 17:54   Link #1115
jtstellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfileOF View Post
Oohara Sayaka?
Though she has played so many successful roles, i have to admit she is not my ideal Iri... her voice is too weak.
yes and it's amazing how one bad voice actress can bring ruination to a perfectly paced episode.. there's no definitive evidence certainly to say her performance was the sole factor that damaged the pacing as well as the mood, but since the first two episodes as well as the rest in this episode 3 were all perfectly captivating, the fact that her appearance gave a cliche' feeling to all segments she were in just speaks volumes. of course if people don't agree her parts were the most cliche' anime character presentations, and note that all the rest of the characters are pretty unorthodox, then there's not much i can say to them.

i am finding saber camp i have the least care for, mostly in thanks to master's wife who makes one appearance too many in every episode and gives a cliche' nonchalant speech each time that kills the tense mood. don't say this series needs 'comedic relief' (if you can even call it that).. i thought this series have been good so far precisely because of unconventional presentation, much like what the same director did for his other work Ga-Rei: zero
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 17:57   Link #1116
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Well he said basically same thing in AGE thread. Don't feed the troll I guess?
i prefer to add them to my ignore list.

for anyone who doesn't know where the ignore lost is. it is in the User Control Panel, Under the Settings and Options section.
Old 2011-10-16, 19:07   Link #1117
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Is previous knowledge of this series required to enjoy F/Z? I know this is a prequel, but would I be missing so much info I won't enjoy it? I'd really like to jump on this series but I don't have the time to knock out F/S Night's 24 eps. right now.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 19:18   Link #1118
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Is previous knowledge of this series required to enjoy F/Z?
To enjoy at all? No. To enjoy as much as possible? Yes.

But watching the F/SN anime wouldn't do all that much to increase the enjoyment anyway, since it's a fairly lacking adaptation of only one of the Visual Novel's routes. The VN itself is what you should experience beforehand for maximum enjoyment, but that'd take even longer than the anime, so yeah...

Honestly though, I don't get the need to rush into a show that's only 3 episodes in. You'll get through those in no time and you'll then have to wait 168 hours for the following episode every time. Surely you could use some of those to go through the VN, no? Ah well, just my two cents.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 20:03   Link #1119
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfileOF View Post
Oohara Sayaka?
I think she is excellent. I didn't read the novel so I don't have a "voice" inside my head but I have no problems with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
To enjoy at all? No. To enjoy as much as possible? Yes.

But watching the F/SN anime wouldn't do all that much to increase the enjoyment anyway, since it's a fairly lacking adaptation of only one of the Visual Novel's routes. The VN itself is what you should experience beforehand for maximum enjoyment, but that'd take even longer than the anime, so yeah...

Honestly though, I don't get the need to rush into a show that's only 3 episodes in. You'll get through those in no time and you'll then have to wait 168 hours for the following episode every time. Surely you could use some of those to go through the VN, no? Ah well, just my two cents.
You'll need like 30 hours of gameplay to finish the visual novel. You can do it this month and then catch up to the series then.

It'd be so much better to be up to date with everything Type-Moon for this too. Yes, that means playing the Tsukihime series and watching (Kara no Kyoukai) Garden of Sinners. Besides, they are all awesome stories and I will never regret playing/watching any of them as I do other stuff, lol.
Old 2011-10-16, 20:07   Link #1120
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
You'll need like 30 hours of gameplay to finish the visual novel. You can do it this month and then catch up to the series then.
I clocked over 3 days in the course of about 7-11 days (forget over how many actual days I played it), so I'd say 30 hours is a little low unless you're speed-running it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation