AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 05:48   Link #6321
haegar
mangaviking

Well I was phrasing that form the vantage point of the poor demons who thought the gas cloud solidified was the moon and nah, don't feel like rewatching that arc atm lyon was kinda annoying in it with his self-rightousness
Old 2011-10-04, 07:08   Link #6322
Knightwalker

Older Meredy will be the new guildmaster of Fairy Tail!
Knightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 07:15   Link #6323
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Erza for guildmaster.
Old 2011-10-04, 09:01   Link #6324
Knightwalker

I was referring more during the interim of the time skip. I serioulsy can't see anyone who is leftover in the guild to take up the mantle. Perfect opportunity for a strong mage from the outside to take over.

Besides Meredy, everyone else is locked up, already associated with a guild, or too f***ed up to join FT.
Knightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 09:41   Link #6325
herculan

I predict the young boy is romeo and that next chapter he is going to tell us the exact same thing natsu did. ''I haven't got any parents, I was raised by a dragon and this scarf is all I have left of him''.
They will have all lost there memory and the old characters won't be back for a long time, only when the mystery is resolved and they understand that they are living in a cycle created by the dragons to keep them in check, THEN and only THEN will the old characters come back (still at the same age, but living in the future)
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 10:15   Link #6326
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwalker View Post
Besides Meredy, everyone else is locked up, already associated with a guild, or too f***ed up to join FT.
Ultear is available and probably the most likely candidate.

Technically it's feasible Jelly was excused in the meantime and taken up the mantle as well; however unlikely.
Old 2011-10-04, 10:53   Link #6327
shibakun

Interesting chapter! Whatever happened to Fairy Tail, I know for sure that the Angel that appeared in 3 panels is the key to their survival.
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 11:49   Link #6328
immblueversion

I'm really hoping the missing characters won't stay the same age. Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy may be different cases if they're supposed to be older than they look (I wouldn't mind seeing Wendy match her Edolas counterpart's looks, though), but everyone else is fair game. I guess I'm just eager for redesigns.

Also, probably should have known something was afoot when Hiro Mashima started cranking out chapter covers showcasing a bunch of recurring characters and friends.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 11:51   Link #6329
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm sure at least the females will develop a bit.
Old 2011-10-04, 12:14   Link #6330
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Of course, Makarov would end up being pretty ancient. Then again, that would be possible, considering Hades would have to be unfathomably ancient-er.

Still, I'd give anything to see how everyone would look in their mid-twenties. We mustn't forget that the lot of them are (or were) still teenagers, save Laxus (who should be thirty now after the skip), and Gildarts (who should now be past fifty). That's assuming they all survived, of course.

Old 2011-10-04, 15:53   Link #6331
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
dunno, we already had some recent expansion, and lots of it. There is only that far to go...While I am all for the boobies, dunno how I would like Erza with a set like Matsumoto from Bleach
Old 2011-10-06, 10:36   Link #6332
immblueversion

I've been reading through the manga, and I noticed in chapter 214 that Makarov was praying to Mavis, if not telling him/her, to protect his guild. Now we have an even stronger hint that everyone will be protected by Mavis.

Old 2011-10-06, 12:46   Link #6333
shibakun

"Whatever happened to Fairy Tail, I know for sure that the Angel that appeared in 3 panels is the key to their survival. "

You heard it here first lol ;P I'll put my bet on this.
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 13:24   Link #6334
ellifeedn
Thinker

Link. Wait for the video to load (it's blip) and go to 47:40. What do you guys think?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 13:29   Link #6335
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Link. Wait for the video to load (it's blip) and go to 47:40. What do you guys think?
You want us to buffer 47minutes of video? Just give us the gist of it...
Old 2011-10-06, 13:38   Link #6336
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually, i'm beginning to wonder if this whole timeskip is something Mashima did not plan out before hand. I mean we have a number of unresolved plot threads that feel like they would be a whole lot less relevant after a 7 year time skip.

The Magic Council- When last we check, they were getting ready to disband fairy tail after just one more incident. If they did not disband fairy tail after what happened on their island would that threat really be relevant 7 years later? i mean that would mean that fairy tail went 7 years without doing anything serious and thus probably deserving of some lee way... though who knows, maybe they were disbanded and romeo is the LAST of fairy tail

Raven tail- Now this is a pretty big one. Last we checked on Ivan he was planning on stealing the power implanted into Laxus that gives him his lightning dragon slayer powers. This was never really pursued; Laxus is now gone and even he returns it doesn't feel as relevant; i mean you would think ivan would have came up with a new money making scheme.

Furthermore Ivan was planning on destroying fail tail. Would he really not have found his chance in the 7 years after ALL of fairy tail's strongest members disappeared? Again, he might not have a point to attack if fairy tail fell apart on its own during the 7 years, but again, it feels like a plot thread that loss relevance.

Also we had Gajeel spying on raven tail. How relevant is that spying after 7 years? there's no telling how much raven tail may have changed. And even if he were to return, would Ivan still retain trust in him after he's been hanging with fairy tail for 7 years. afterall ivan thought he hated fairy tail with a fiery passion and as such would never be able to stand "playing the good guy" for all those years.

Not to mention the number 7 has had a alot of significance but now its been 14 years since the dragons disappeared and Lucy's mom died

Hell i might even bring up charlie's premonition... like we were talking about last chapter, that premonition didn't amount to much. I mean she had a vision about a whole bunch of unimportant things but did not see the gigantic doom dragon?! makes me think mashima originally had a different idea for that premonition and what we got was a half-assed version of what he originally intended when he started this arc

All of that felt like stuff that would become a whole lot relevant after a 7 year time skip. Makes me wonder if maybe Mashima started getting the idea that fans were loosing interest, that the serious was essentially becoming repetitive and predicable. And thus he came up with this time skip to breathe new life into the series. Make a huge event which is big and eye catching and will fill readers with curiosity, and allow all the leading characters to disappear so that someone new (who has unlimited chances for development) to take over for awhile.

This wouldn't be the first time I felt this way... like in the case of Lisanna. I still believe that Mashima never originally planned to bring her back, but only did so because she gained a nice boost in popularity after her filler appearances in the anime.
It depends on what you mean by "did not plan this out beforehand." It's clear that this has been planned since chapter 234 at the least. Whether it was planned at the start of the arc or not is more up in the air. I don't think Mashima changed the idea for the premonitions though. The one with Cana and the one with Lucy were pretty much central to Cana's subplot this arc. The introduction of Zeref is important regardless, and if Natsu hadn't had that encounter with Gildarts, we likely would have seen Natsu charging off after Hades alone the moment he saw all the wounded, as opposed to the coordinated assault he helped put together which is what we got.

The Magic Council plot could have simply been used as set up for their interference in things, and the hardline approach they showed then could easily still be used even 7 years later. The Raven Tail plot is more questionable, but we'll see. They can easily be a much greater threat years later, one that gains renewed interest in Fairy Tail with the return of it's powerful members.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:31   Link #6337
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
You want us to buffer 47minutes of video? Just give us the gist of it...
Okay, I'll try and sum up what the guy says.
Spoiler:
It's also the way the guy says it.
Old 2011-10-06, 16:34   Link #6338
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Okay, I'll try and sum up what the guy says.
Spoiler:
It's also the way the guy says it.
Well to be honest what you said made absolutely no sense when I read it, but I apparently accidentally left the tab opened so it buffered anyway.

And it's 47:47 not 47:00.

I have to admit... that was pretty damn funny. And yeah, as sad as it is, it's all TRUE! (well the analysis part, synopsis is kind of wrong)

(skip to after the delimiter/image for the actual argument)
Spoiler for transcript:
Old 2011-10-06, 16:41   Link #6339
haegar
mangaviking

that transcript was quite the enjoyable read, thx and the guy has some points there
Old 2011-10-06, 17:24   Link #6340
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
And it's 47:47 not 47:00.
I said 47:40 in my first post, and that's Santa Christ. It's a gag on the website.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen