AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-17, 07:29   Link #21
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Meh, Decent chapt--OH WAIT WAT--
Spoiler for THEHELL:

Btw, interesting to see Luffy had a brief moment looking at Burgess victims while the survivors were all calling him a monster and himself actually stated that he must be strong.

From my experience, scenes like this are protagonist's way of expressing "Im clearly nowhere near this guy's level and I just cant beat this guy no matter how hard I try. But one day I will kick his ass hard anyway." idea.

Last edited by Rawrz; 2013-04-17 at 09:16.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:34   Link #22
shalala

I'm suprised that Bellamy has grown so much compard to the last time we saw him.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:36   Link #23
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I just watched Battle Royale yesterday and this Bartolomeo guy, or however his name is written, looks a bit like that crazy student in that movie. Well, not much actually happened in this chapter. One thing that kind of threw me off however, was the size of the stadium. There's room for 108 fighters in the arena. And obviously there're audience seats in a circle around that. That thing is huge. I initially thought it was just going to be a couple of guys at a time in that arena, but the fighting place alone is probably right about the scale I had pictured the entire stadium to be at first.
Old 2013-04-17, 08:09   Link #24
mrShady

Shoooooooooort
Awesome nonetheless. I wonder though what happened to the Skypiea folk, considering how Bellamy treated diamond head there should be some casualties. Then again none of them died during the Skypiea arc so why kill them off now?.

btw there sure are a lot of unique fodder characters running around, it's even more extreme then during the marineford war.
Old 2013-04-17, 08:16   Link #25
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I have a feeling Bellamy cheated his way through Skypiea to get the gold pillar - probably told everyone he's a friend of Luffy's.

No way he could've beaten the warriors - they were strong enough to take out Enel (who only survived by using his DF to restart his heart), and Bellamy got OHKO'd by pre-Gears Luffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Shoooooooooort
Awesome nonetheless. I wonder though what happened to the Skypiea folk, considering how Bellamy treated diamond head there should be some casualties. Then again none of them died during the Skypiea arc so why kill them off now?.

btw there sure are a lot of unique fodder characters running around, it's even more extreme then during the marineford war.
Old 2013-04-17, 10:07   Link #26
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I just watched Battle Royale yesterday and this Bartolomeo guy, or however his name is written, looks a bit like that crazy student in that movie.
which crazy student? most of them were all pretty crazy to me, most especially the teacher.

bellamy recognizing luffy is a nice touch. it's good that oda didn't go the comedic route with that one. this chapter is pretty short though.
Old 2013-04-17, 10:15   Link #27
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I'm suprised that Bellamy has grown so much compard to the last time we saw him.
yeah... he has gotten quite big...

that makes me wonder if Luffy will ever become bigger?
Old 2013-04-17, 10:15   Link #28
james0246

Binami for crewmate!!! If Caribou saves the old woman: Caribou for crewmate!!! If Barty is just a misunderstood monster: Barty for crewmate!!!

Barty just looks silly, but Binami is just plain ugly. Bleh.

Can't say I'm really interested in anything from this chapter. It's nice to know some of the line-up of characters (Oda's splurging on wacky designs once again), but none of them are going to mean anything unless Tora-chan attacks before their match.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-04-17 at 11:05.
Old 2013-04-17, 10:19   Link #29
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Can't say I'm really interested in anything from this chapter. It's nice to know some of the line-up of characters (Oda's splurging on wacky designs once again), but none of them are going to mean anything unless Tora-chan attacks before their match.
i guess oda has to balance things out a bit after cramming all that information in the last chapter. he had to go slow on this one.
Old 2013-04-17, 10:28   Link #30
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
I have a feeling Bellamy cheated his way through Skypiea to get the gold pillar - probably told everyone he's a friend of Luffy's.

No way he could've beaten the warriors - they were strong enough to take out Enel (who only survived by using his DF to restart his heart), and Bellamy got OHKO'd by pre-Gears Luffy.
That's true but it's never said when he went there. The warriors might have lost some strength after peace was established. Or he might just be a giant troll and fished one up. I wonder if we'll ever know.
Old 2013-04-17, 10:37   Link #31
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
That's true but it's never said when he went there. The warriors might have lost some strength after peace was established. Or he might just be a giant troll and fished one up. I wonder if we'll ever know.
Considering that he admitted Skypiea exist I'm pretty sure he actually went there.

I also was one of those who thought he will get OHKO but now I'm starting to think he might be of some use in this arc.
Old 2013-04-17, 11:38   Link #32
Slayerx

Y'know what i'm loving... how hard Oda is making it to predict how these fights will end. Based on what characters stand out and what kind of personalities they have you can sometimes see who's gonna come out on top, as they just follow the meta-rules of drama... but not so much here. Like Rebecca and Cavendish being in the same Division; very difficult to call who will win there... Cavendish is picking a fight with Luffy, but Rebecca made a connection with Luffy. i'm pulling for Rebecca, but i could easily see cavendish winning. Similar goes for division B as we got Bartolomeo and Bellamy; originally i thought Bellamy was gonna be a push over and we see a repeat of what happened to him in Jaya, but now he sounds like he's gonna be a contender; and Bartolomeo really stands out from both this chapter and the last. It can go either way... who knows maybe bartolomeo is just here to show how much Bellamy has grown.

Though speaking of Bellamy, I can't help but think bellamy's metamorphosis was actually a change for the better. Its mostly from his demeanor and how he treated Luffy. Makes me think he's just trolling Lucy by being vague about what he did in skypeia, but in truth he really didn't do anything all that bad
Old 2013-04-17, 11:58   Link #33
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
which crazy student? most of them were all pretty crazy to me, most especially the teacher.
The guy in black, who ran around with an UZI mostly. I wouldn't say the other student's were crazy though, they just tried to survive in their own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Though speaking of Bellamy, I can't help but think bellamy's metamorphosis was actually a change for the better. Its mostly from his demeanor and how he treated Luffy. Makes me think he's just trolling Lucy by being vague about what he did in skypeia, but in truth he really didn't do anything all that bad
I have to say, I tend to agree. But I'm not sure if that's really a change in character or just a change of attitude towards Luffy, since he now knows that he can't mess around with him. I think you can really read a lot of respect for Luffy's strength out of those panels that Bellamy's in. That being said, he appeared to have become stronger himself and in the process probably had to endure all kinds of crap in the new world, that shaped his identity.
Old 2013-04-17, 14:05   Link #34
noktown

This arc may also provide us with more or less how strong Strawhats are.

For example if Luffy were to face Bartolomeo(who easily defeated a Vice-Admiral)and win,this should probably tell us something about his growth.Depends on how smooth it goes for him.

I'm not too sure,Bartolomeo could be a show-off just to get defeated by Bellamy,but if Luffy defeats Bellamy after that,it's even better,because i believe the winners will be arranged in 1 v 1 battles.
Old 2013-04-17, 15:48   Link #35
marvelB

Huh, I wasn't expecting such a short chapter. Cool to see some more crazy character designs, though (I especially like how we even have animals as participants! ). Really interested in seeing who will come out on top in block D since both Rebecca and Cavendish will compete in that block....

Anyway, something occurred to me as far as Bartolomeo is concerned..... I think it's possible that he may be one of the next pirates to ally with Luffy. Now while it's true that he has a terrible reputation (scaring the audience with a fake bomb sure didn't help any, heh ), that could be exactly the reason why Luffy would befriend him. After all, he is the type of person to become with all sorts of weirdos and outcasts, is he not?

Or to put it in another way: If there's anyone here who's caught up with the current Toriko chapters, I can sorta see Bartolomeo basically being like the tengu chef from the current storyline (who's also crazy strong and world-infamous, yet quickly became friends with the wimpy chef protagonist due to sharing similar ideals).
Old 2013-04-17, 16:01   Link #36
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
This arc may also provide us with more or less how strong Strawhats are.

For example if Luffy were to face Bartolomeo(who easily defeated a Vice-Admiral)and win,this should probably tell us something about his growth.Depends on how smooth it goes for him.
The new film (Z) helps a lot with this actually (since it's semi-canon).
Old 2013-04-17, 16:16   Link #37
janipani

Too bad One Piece anime is so crappy, tournaments are usually awesome when animated.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-04-17, 16:25   Link #38
marvelB

Oh, and since we have confirmation that Binami's been to Skypiea, I wonder if he also took some dials with him, as well? Because somehow, I can actually see him being capable of handling a Reject dial if he combines his DF ability with CoA haki to weaken the dial's impact on his own body.....
Old 2013-04-17, 17:30   Link #39
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I just noticed that they put Lucy as a Swordsman............does he even know how to use one? xD
Old 2013-04-17, 17:34   Link #40
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and since we have confirmation that Binami's been to Skypiea, I wonder if he also took some dials with him, as well? Because somehow, I can actually see him being capable of handling a Reject dial if he combines his DF ability with CoA haki to weaken the dial's impact on his own body.....
I wonder if there will be any new dials showing up. Jet dial would also go well with his DF. I would take it him having CoA would be after the time skip as I don't remeber hiom having it before?
Closed Thread