AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-01-06, 09:24   Link #1
jakkz

Anime Ringtones / Themes

Hi would anyone know some sites to get some anime polyphonic ringtones? (hopefully free)

Looking for gundam, fmp, kimi ga noz .. and ones you think r kewl
jakkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 11:06   Link #2
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

nah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkz
Hi would anyone know some sites to get some anime polyphonic ringtones? (hopefully free)

Looking for gundam, fmp, kimi ga noz .. and ones you think r kewl

sorry cant help but, i want some aswell. but i'll look for you ok?
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 11:15   Link #3
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

My ringtone is the theme from Evangelion ^^

There are better songs, of course, but I thought it would be fun if my phone rang and another anime fan recognized the tune.

It's easy to make ringtones, especially on a Nokia. Just press the buttons until you get the right sound, then proceed to the next note Also, polyphonic ringtones can be made from MIDIs, so search for anime MIDIs.

Conversion:
http://hk.geocities.com/ringtone2307/ (monotone)
http://www.convert-ringtones.com/ (polyphonic)
Old 2004-01-06, 11:31   Link #4
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
You don't have to do anything special if you have a SonyEricsson. Just send the midi directly to your phone.
If you do a search for 'Anime Midi' on Google you'll find plenty.
Old 2004-01-06, 17:25   Link #5
jakkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_layer
You don't have to do anything special if you have a SonyEricsson. Just send the midi directly to your phone.
HeHe i just realised that last night for my Motorola a920 ^^!! I also put some of my fav mp3s as ringtone... love technology these days
Old 2004-01-07, 09:24   Link #6
shinobu4ever
The original echhi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkz
HeHe i just realised that last night for my Motorola a920 ^^!! I also put some of my fav mp3s as ringtone... love technology these days
damn i have motorola c350 i can only use midis unless i find a rare anime polyphonic tone
shinobu4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 15:40   Link #7
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

In Japan, all we do is stick our whatever flash-memory card into the memory card slot in our phones and use mp3s as ring melodies.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 15:45   Link #8
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
bah, i saw something about cell phones in japan and the US, and they seem so much better in Japan. Supposedly there either aren't as many carriers in Japan, or they cooperate a lot better, but here it get's kinda dumb, and not so people have them... like me...
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 16:03   Link #9
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxial
bah, i saw something about cell phones in japan and the US, and they seem so much better in Japan. Supposedly there either aren't as many carriers in Japan, or they cooperate a lot better, but here it get's kinda dumb, and not so people have them... like me...
Actually, I did some perusing and found some official English homepage of our cellular carriers:

NTT DoCoMo: http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/p...cts/index.html
KDDI au: http://www.au.kddi.com/english/product/index.html
J-Phone (Vodaphone): http://www.vodafone.jp/english/products/index.html

unfortunately, the English sites have less tech info on the enormous features that these cell phones carry in comparison to the Japanese counterpart.

For example, the newest NTT DoCoMo phone, the F505i, the Japanese site explains that this phone has a built in GPS navigation system, a built in TV-tuner, and a barcode reader (so if you scan the barcode of a manga in shop, the cell phone reads the barcode and automatically redirects you to a internet site that gives a broad review of that manga). On the other hand, the English site only gives an explanation that this can take pictures at a high resolution and can take movies as well. I guess the webpage designers have a biased judgment that English speaking users of this cell phone will never truly understand all the bells and whistles like the Japanese users do.

On the J-Phone (Vodaphone) side, it seems to be that the English webpage has much more outdated cell phones when compared to the page that shows the more recent product lineups in Japanese.

In Japan, about more than half of the Japanese population carries cell phones. The latest fad right now is cell phones that have built-in TV tuners with wireless access to cable guides (GPS navigation is so six months old ^^) Sometime in the spring of this year, cell phones that carry "teiki" info (bi-annual train pass) will start to show up...meaning that people will just scan their cell phone on top a train ticket reading scanner. With NTT DoCoMo looking towards 4G FOMA, we will probably be seeing cell phone with wireless capabilities as fast as Wireless-G...or even bluetooth.
Old 2004-01-12, 18:43   Link #10
spaz05

Send a message via AIM to spaz05
http://www.anime-ringtones.150m.com/
http://www.anime-rt.net.tf/

Have fun.
spaz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 09:57   Link #11
Raxial
CG / Color

man, that sux. please take over the US, so i can get those awesome phones without having to move. That sounds so cool... Damn it, life here is so boring.
Old 2004-01-13, 10:00   Link #12
jakkz

Quote:
man, that sux. please take over the US, so i can get those awesome phones without having to move. That sounds so cool... Damn it, life here is so boring.
Yea do that the same for Australia.
Old 2004-01-14, 16:31   Link #13
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Unfortunately, our cell phones happen to be the most advanced in the world, but at the same time that's because (most of) our cell phones don't work outside of Japan. We are not restricted by the technological restrictions confided by globalized GSM networks...we use our own system not compatible with other nations (NTT DoCoMo), or a variant of CDMA technology (KDDI au & J-Phone) running on a different frequency than other countries.

Therefore, it maybe good that our cell phones are far advanced. On the other hand, it sucks that our cell phones can't be used anywhere else. Double-edged sword.
Old 2004-01-14, 18:30   Link #14
Raxial
CG / Color

so you couldn't call other countries with them? Or could you. Either way, it's still cool.

There are many services here that barely cover 1/4 or less of the country (ehem... T-Mobile i think, or maybe its sprint). That's not too good. I'll be getting a phone in about a week with a pretty good service (Verizon).

By the way, about how much does service/ the phone itself cost in Japan? That's pretending you get "the best" phone available.
Old 2004-01-15, 05:59   Link #15
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Unfortunately, our cell phones happen to be the most advanced in the world, but at the same time that's because (most of) our cell phones don't work outside of Japan. We are not restricted by the technological restrictions confided by globalized GSM networks...we use our own system not compatible with other nations (NTT DoCoMo), or a variant of CDMA technology (KDDI au & J-Phone) running on a different frequency than other countries.
For the non technical I'm pretty sure that Japanese Mobile Phones (or Cellular's - whatever the Americans call them) operate their signal carrying frequency in the FM radio range (kj1980 you can correct me if I'm wrong). Whereas most Western countries use the Microwave frequency range (very high frequency/short wavelength) these "microwaves" are very similar in frequency (but not power) to what cooks your meal in a Microwave oven (therefore the concerns about human health).
Unfortunately what this means is that not only is the system that Japanese "Keitai Denwa's" (Mobile Phones) operate on different to the Western countries systems, so is the transmitting frequency for making and receiving calls!
Therefore a Japanese mobile phone is pretty much useless (as a phone) outside of Japan (I think Korea and parts of China might use the same system though).

Placing International calls from Japan using a Japanese mobile phone is pretty simple (provided you have not blocked this facility from your handset). Whereas using your Japanese mobile in any country rather than Japan is nigh on impossible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Therefore, it maybe good that our cell phones are far advanced. On the other hand, it sucks that our cell phones can't be used anywhere else. Double-edged sword.
/Bows to the power of Keitai's

Man I'm sure one day those things are gonna achieve self awareness

As a final point there is an upnote to all this, and that is the so called "3G" phones.
These "3rd Generation" mobiles are slowly being phased in in countries such as Japan and the UK with other countries to follow. NTT Docomo and (to a lesser extent J-Phone) have a huge advantage over "ordinary" handset providers with their technology and applications and as such have made many international commitments to introducing their technology (if not handsets) to the world market. For example NTT Docomo have a fairly substancial investment in the Hutchison-Telecom "3" 3G network over here in the UK (check out the website for handsets, http://www.three.co.uk/) which is still in its infancy, but as a result there are already videophone capable handsets on the UK highstreets.

Therefore with NTT Docomo being one of Japans most sucessful performers in recent years hopefully you too can look forward to seeing implementations of their cutting edge technology in your own country someday soon......

/waits for i-mode............
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 11:06   Link #16
Raxial
CG / Color

very thorough report there, you should go into writing for newspapers or something
Old 2004-01-15, 12:40   Link #17
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
very thorough report there, you should go into writing for newspapers or something
Thanks

When I was in Japan I had a Panasonic J-Phone (which I still have) even now (nearly 4 years later) some of the things about it still impress (such as battery life, voice activation, weight etc)..........

I read up a bit about NTT Docomo's current situation it appears that initailly they lost a lot of the investment they made abroad (through development etc) however now they have i-mode up and running in 6 European countries (with the UK hopefully to follow soon). Apparently they also had a rather interesting problem in Japan when they launched their 3G handsets. Hackers were able to use a limited no of the models of handsets to launch DOS attacks! Apart from a couple of other hiccups things seem to be going a lot better now. With the launch of any new technology there is always bound to be a couple of slip ups!
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 20:23   Link #18
Bortix
l33t One

Having a ringtone for Tank, Logos Naki World, or Ao no Requiem would make me oh so very happy.
Bortix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 00:24   Link #19
Vejita

I suggest you either compose your own as it will take less time than hunting a good one down. Or get a phone that has mp3 capabilities via a multimedia card or such. I'm currently using an N-Gage and have Little by Little - Tasuku (Naruto) for my ringtone. Also nice is having anime wallpaper backgrounds. There's alot more this thing can do, but you'll need a provider that uses SIM card technology.
Vejita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 14:07   Link #20
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

Send a message via AIM to JoeStoppable
Anime Ringtones anyone?

Ummm I have been looking around for a while. I just wanted to know, hopefully this thing doesnt get deleted by the Admins and I get Yelled at

But I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any good anime sites that have ringtones for an LG VX-6000 I'd be really thankful.
JoeStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote