AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 22 27.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 25.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-08, 11:53   Link #21
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Ah a very good episode. This episode seems to have more comedy than the previous ones. Some bit of explainations and forshadowing.
Old 2007-02-08, 13:51   Link #22
shakildwz

Lol who's getting tired of Light's "kind voice"?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-08, 14:41   Link #23
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakildwz View Post

Spoiler:
I think it is kind of refreshing to hear Light in a more kind hearted tone for a while.. of course I am betting that we will eventually get his old calculating voice back and that ickty laughter as well...
Old 2007-02-08, 15:27   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
LOL quite the dramatic start *bang!*
i could just imagine light soiling himself there at that situation XD

well the animation quality was a bit lower than normal but still i love the new refershing jokes together with misa

and L is truly confused...the preview makes things look quite dramatic O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-08, 20:03   Link #25
Theowne
耳をすませば

Have no idea what to say about this episode. Although I noticed a lot of comedy compared to other episodes, a lot more use of the traditional anime comedy routines (mostly from Misa). In a way this episode seemed very different than a traditional Death Note episode for that reason and more. I don't know what to expect from the whole corporation angle, as someone else said the best part of the show is the mind games between L and Light.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2007-02-08, 20:40   Link #26
Pakxenon
popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakildwz View Post

Spoiler:
I agree. DN hasn't been that exciting since Light lost possession of the Death Note. I would have been excited this episode if it weren't for some spoilers. -___-
Old 2007-02-08, 23:36   Link #27
djc89

OMG together 24 hrs/7 days a week? OMG...will they be taking craps together (OMG does L even...?)? They'll be taking showers together (OMG does L shower?)? I dunno, L is so weird already, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. XD OMGx3 T-r-r-riple Combo! <3 (sry, just a little hyper).

But, scaring the lights out of Light (bad pun/joke) was entertaining. Rarely do you see Light really panic like he does when his dad points the gun at his head.
Old 2007-02-09, 00:58   Link #28
tempest3991

Wow......can anyone say that this was the most dissapointing episode yet?

Up until Light gave up ownership of the death note this series was mind boggling and very interesting. Once he gave up ownership, this series started to wind down.

What the hell is up with this corperation thing?

And the kind Light isn't very interesting at all. Also, don't get me started on Misa.

Misa is probably the most annoying character i've ever seen in any anime since she lost her memory. I hate this stupid cling to light no matter what and comedy is not what i want to see in this series.

Sorry, this series is great without comic relief....and where is the other death god? I like him.

Sorry, i give this episode a 1/10 because it looks like Death Note is going to be headed in a completely different direction and letting me down
Old 2007-02-09, 01:22   Link #29
QwertyAccess

ha ha that 1/10 rating is way too low of a mark, Painful? Your kidding right, if we could rate posts... But anyway, I still feel death note is quite amazing, i love following this series without ever having seen the manga. The car scene in particular is very well done. I've been able to understand everything in the series without having to read the forums, it takes quite some thinking, its definitely a series you need to be a good thinker to understand.

On a side note the building L has he claims it to be 23 stories? It looks A LOT MORE THEN 23 Stories! if you asked me! Anyone got anything on this.
Old 2007-02-09, 01:26   Link #30
FlashCE

Aya's work in this episode is her best in Death Note yet.

This is my favourite episode now. The car scene was intense as hell and the Misa scenes are <3able.
Old 2007-02-09, 01:37   Link #31
tempest3991

Yeah and how the hell did they build a building with 23 floors in it in such a short period of time?

Idk, for my personal liking, this series could take a turn for the worst.

But, however since I am posting my opinion of what i think of the show, a bunch of people will attack me and attack my post because i don't feel the way they do. Thats how a bunch of people on this forum seem to act.
Old 2007-02-09, 03:58   Link #32
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I completely agree with you... That episode didn't feel like Death Note at all. Too stupid, seriously. Everything was so unrealistic; from L's plan on having Yagami-san pretending to kill his son (full of holes), to the 24/7 'working together'... I mean, who would do that? Oh, and since when does L lose his smartness? Because he just agreed to be with Light and Misa, even though they can "get back" their powers anytime (because it was L's 'conclusion' that Kira is some kind of a spirit) and kill him. So simple. And the whole chains thing, meh... This episode got me back to reality. The comedy was just like your generic ecchi anime: Awful. The kind Light doesn't help the situation either; I don't think that he was soo good before he got the Death Note, really. It's just a stupid writing trick to make L realize more that Light changed, to me.
Old 2007-02-09, 07:37   Link #33
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

il give this episode a 9/10

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-09, 07:58   Link #34
igalsfy

funny how people have the same reaction which is *meh*, wether it is in the anime or the manga. everybody feels down when light turns back to a normal school student. but frankly all of this is just to set up one of the greatest moments in manga's, and i expect anime's, history.
Old 2007-02-09, 08:31   Link #35
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by igalsfy View Post
funny how people have the same reaction which is *meh*, wether it is in the anime or the manga. everybody feels down when light turns back to a normal school student. but frankly all of this is just to set up one of the greatest moments in manga's, and i expect anime's, history.
I sure hope you're right, as this episode (or at least the second half of it) was really disappointing. I mean are they trying to implement something like comic relief? This is Death Note ffs, cut it out already. Also Light is, as Quajafrie pointed out, very different from the beginning, completely out of character if you ask me.
Plus the let's-work-together-24/7-chain thing is not only stupid but annoying as well.
Old 2007-02-09, 15:21   Link #36
lycantivis

The chain thing isn't stupid, you guys just arn't thinking about it hard enough. From L's point of view even during the whole secret cameras part he didn't see any thing. Yet L still thinks light is kira. What better way to watch him that being there? L still thinks light is kira and its boggeling my mind to think how light is gona get the DN/memory back without L finding out about it.
Old 2007-02-09, 16:05   Link #37
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
We haven't really seen how Light behaved before getting DN, so we can't really say that he's now behaving unnaturally. There's no real sign that he really was ready to kill someone before getting DN or that he was megalomaniac. He was just bored and cursing world, that's not enough proof.
Old 2007-02-09, 16:25   Link #38
tempest3991

My question is where the hell did this organization come from? What is it?

They introduced it so fast, i hope they explain more about it.

No more comic relief either please. I prefer Misa to be locked up with that hannibal thing on her face and duct tape around her mouth. Her obsession is like the guy before me said, typical eicchi stuff.
Old 2007-02-09, 16:50   Link #39
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycantivis View Post
The chain thing isn't stupid, you guys just arn't thinking about it hard enough. From L's point of view even during the whole secret cameras part he didn't see any thing. Yet L still thinks light is kira. What better way to watch him that being there? L still thinks light is kira and its boggeling my mind to think how light is gona get the DN/memory back without L finding out about it.
Maybe you're the one who doesn't think about it hard enough... L's 'semi-conclusion' based on what he saw during the confinement is that Kira is some kind of a spirit that haunts different people for a period of time and then goes away. So, if Kira's spirit haunts Light once again, what would L do?
Old 2007-02-09, 19:05   Link #40

while this episode was cool i sure hope light will get the death note back. SOON! if he does not the rest of the series will become quite crappy
Closed Thread