AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old Yesterday, 23:52   Link #3881
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

OMG that's horrible.

With how Super-1 can be said the only Showa Rider brimmed with optimism, I guess its not surprising he managed to commit it thrice.

Nowadays bad news related to Riders were cases like Odagiri Joe refusal to portray Godai again, Toei unable to get Tendo, Ryotaro and Hibiki again, with the worst so far, I think, Kobayashi Yutaka (Kaito in Gaim) caught shoplifting. So to learn even Rider franchise once a scam materials surprised me.
Old Today, 05:07   Link #3882
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It also hurt me considering I also grew up watching KR Super-1. The show was pretty fine and Super-1 costume is one of the coolest looking among the "pure" Showa Riders (excluding Black, RX, ZO, J, Shin). And his "Five Hands" powers are neat.

I guess this is the case of "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".
Old Today, 07:54   Link #3883
B214

It's most likely because Japan is still undermining the importance of mental care. And the Japanese somehow have this kind of huge expectation on their celebrities to keep or maintain their "image" as the audiences see fit.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:07   Link #3884
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

True there were case like that, such as Fumika Shimizu, Yuki in Fourze, joined suspicious cult resulting on every KRC members that's not Gentaro omitted from Fourze.

However I don't think Super-1 actor case belong to such case; once is coincidence, second time is suspect, third times confirmation.
He did it three times with more or less same method with same target (90's fans), so he fully aware that Super-1 image is strong to fund whatever he did; as maintaining image in industry for career applied to every workers (even staffs responsible to properties can be punished if they caught leaking upcoming Rider items), my guess he's addicted to something and can't stop.

Somehow this made me wish Mizushima Hiro can reprise Tendo (Kabuto). Man got blacklisted yet in his vlog he never missed opportunity to express how grateful he's to Kabuto whenever he visit Tokyo; even jealous when Yuki Sato (Kagami) visited him and hinted he will return in untitled future show (Zi-O). Definite 180 compare to this Super-1 case.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu