AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-16, 13:53   Link #1
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Question looking for mature anime...

i need advice on mature anime plz...the crazier and more fucked up the better..weird animation is a plus..something like mmm... tokyo tribes 2 , alexander senki,aeon flux,gungrave,death note,elfen lied,monster,akira,etc..................the trippier the better
thnx
Old 2007-04-16, 14:02   Link #2
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Try Welcome to the NHK. Its not as trippy as Elfen Lied but it made me not want to go to bed a few times.
Old 2007-04-16, 14:30   Link #3
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFox View Post
Try Welcome to the NHK. Its not as trippy as Elfen Lied but it made me not want to go to bed a few times.
ok ill try it ty
Old 2007-04-16, 17:09   Link #4
crall

Hmm... something crazy and fucked up, with weird animation? Sounds like you want to watch Dead Leaves to me.
Another possible one is Mind Game. And why not try Cat Soup as well. There's also a series based on the same source material as Cat Soup called Nekojiru Gekijou Jirujiru Original. I know of people that stopped watching it because they thought it was just too sick.
If you're more interested in series than movies, then Kemonozume might be a good bet.

Even though the level of maturity of these might vary some what. I definitely wouldn't show any of them to a kid (maybe cat soup, but that's only because the kid wouldn't have a clue as to what's going on).
Old 2007-04-16, 19:26   Link #5
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crall View Post
Hmm... something crazy and fucked up, with weird animation? Sounds like you want to watch Dead Leaves to me.
Another possible one is Mind Game. And why not try Cat Soup as well. There's also a series based on the same source material as Cat Soup called Nekojiru Gekijou Jirujiru Original. I know of people that stopped watching it because they thought it was just too sick.
If you're more interested in series than movies, then Kemonozume might be a good bet.

Even though the level of maturity of these might vary some what. I definitely wouldn't show any of them to a kid (maybe cat soup, but that's only because the kid wouldn't have a clue as to what's going on).
thnx i ll check em out..i like a good story..with fucked up deep characters....unique animation style....some gore but not just for the sake of it.....thnx
Old 2007-04-16, 20:50   Link #6
Forever_young
Zero

Try Code Geass. Definetley for mature audience
Old 2007-04-17, 07:13   Link #7
pink_alchemist

Ergo Proxy
Old 2007-04-17, 09:13   Link #8
miaka

licensed titles
mushishi - fantasy
kino no tabi - adventure
unlicesed
red garden - drama
touka gettan - currently ongoing
Old 2007-04-17, 10:19   Link #9
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
Tokko
The Maxx (not anime but you mentioned aeon flux)
Old 2007-04-17, 11:42   Link #10
andromeda0201

Try Gantz - mature, crazy, violent, insane....you name it
Old 2007-04-18, 01:59   Link #11
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I recommend Texhnolyze - Cyberpunk, Drama, Psychological, Science Fiction
http://www.texhnolyzedvd.com/main.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texhnolyze

The artstyle is unique and animation is topnotch. Combine it with a dark psychological story, it's probably one of the best "dark, weird, mature" anime in my book.
Old 2007-04-18, 07:12   Link #12
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

you definitely want to try out Tsukihime
Old 2007-04-19, 21:18   Link #13
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
Gankutsuou starts off kind of normal, but gets really messed up towards the middle and the end.

If you want really old, I'd take a look at Betterman. Betterman is the only anime that has truly scared me, and it takes a while to understand

However, my fav is still Lain, but I thinking most people have seen or heard about it lol.
Old 2007-04-20, 18:12   Link #14
sothis

as far as recommendations for gungrave, deeefinitely check out Berserk. not only is it definitely mature, but it's the top recommended for gungrave (and vice versa). both are fantastic. ^_^

and as far as violence factor, basically nothing beats Narutaru episode 12. GANTZ is a fantastic rec for Elfen Lied -- i looooved gantz.
Old 2007-04-20, 20:13   Link #15
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by crall View Post

Just listen to this guy and you'll be OK.
Closed Thread