Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Still better than incest.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-18, 12:52   Link #702
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He may talking about the fact Sarina/Ruby was in love with Goro/Aqua in her past life. I'm curious how she's going to deal with those feelings when she finally finds out who Aqua is.
I doubt either of them are going to bring up their past lives, and no one else aside from the crow girl knows anyway.

I think at most she'll get whatever message Ai left and figure out that Aqua didn't betray her after all and they'll make up.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-29, 12:14   Link #703
Twi

New chapter is out.

Spoiler:
Old 2023-03-29, 18:06   Link #704
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The producer seems pretty dumb, how can he not see how good it would be for publicity if Ruby got to play her late mother? If she were a terrible actress, I'd understand, but she's apparently pretty good. Not to mention she actually has experience has an idol unlike Frill.

So Akane isn't out of the running and is given the perfect opportunity to come out on top. Aka must really want to kill her off, huh.
Old 2023-03-29, 21:56   Link #705
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The producer seems pretty dumb, how can he not see how good it would be for publicity if Ruby got to play her late mother? If she were a terrible actress, I'd understand, but she's apparently pretty good. Not to mention she actually has experience has an idol unlike Frill.
I mean... he already made it clear that the investors wanted Frill. It's not about the quality.

Investors also tend to value stability over high-risks. Frill is an established actor, while Ruby doesn't have any acting roles in her portfolio. MCing in a variety show doesn't count.

Quote:
So Akane isn't out of the running and is given the perfect opportunity to come out on top. Aka must really want to kill her off, huh.
She is out. Frill was saying they'll hold an improvised audition amongst themselves with the loser dropping out before the executives make their decision, and that she got the okay from Akane to do it without her.

That means Akane already decided ahead of time that she isn't competing.
Old 2023-03-30, 06:23   Link #706
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
She is out. Frill was saying they'll hold an improvised audition amongst themselves with the loser dropping out before the executives make their decision, and that she got the okay from Akane to do it without her.

No, Akane is definitely participating as well. The "okay" she got from her was the agreement to hold that interpersonal audition among the three of them.
Old 2023-03-31, 05:46   Link #707
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Ruby winning is the highest propability plotwise, but Aka may troll us again and get it back to Akane. Or maybe Aqua interfere with some plan so not to give the role to Ruby. We'll see.
Old 2023-04-05, 10:28   Link #708
Twi

New chapter is out. Competition with your brother's ex is always akward.
Old 2023-04-05, 17:51   Link #709
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Akane hasn't received the script so she's not actually aware the film is based on Ai's life, but knowing Aqua is set to co-star was enough to spark her interest. I think she'll get the role, since it's the only way for her to remain relevant. Now that she's broken up with Aqua she's too detached from the main cast compared to, say, Kana.
Old 2023-04-05, 21:04   Link #710
Shadow5YA

I think Ruby will get the role somehow, though I can't deny the possibility that it might be after Akane dies.

She was shown in the prologue to be acting in something together with Aqua, and it doesn't look like she's going to be cast as an extra otherwise.
Old 2023-04-07, 12:35   Link #711
Key Board
Carbon

If Ruby goes next, and Akane goes last, rules of drama says Akane will win this.

And she probably should

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-12, 11:50   Link #712
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Akane hasn't received the script so she's not actually aware the film is based on Ai's life, but knowing Aqua is set to co-star was enough to spark her interest. I think she'll get the role, since it's the only way for her to remain relevant. Now that she's broken up with Aqua she's too detached from the main cast compared to, say, Kana.
Apparently even without the script, Akane is still as sharp as always
Old 2023-04-12, 12:54   Link #713
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Huh, Ruby falling to the dark side more and more. And Akane delving into Ai persona again. No chapter next week. We'll see how it ends.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2023-04-12 at 17:12.
Old 2023-04-12, 13:46   Link #714
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Huh, Ruby falling to the dark side more and more. And Akane delbing into Ai persona again. No chapter next week. We'll see how it ends.
I wouldn't say "more", that's just how she's always felt.
Old 2023-04-12, 18:00   Link #715
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Apparently even without the script, Akane is still as sharp as always
If acting somehow doesn't work out she could always become a detective.

I haven't changed my mind. Akane is getting the role. Watching episode 1 of the anime and the short flashback to it in this chapter makes it obvious Ruby will eventually become a big actress though. But this isn't her time yet.
Old 2023-04-12, 21:01   Link #716
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Or she just realized it all was a pantomime.

Quote:

I haven't changed my mind. Akane is getting the role. Watching episode 1 of the anime and the short flashback to it in this chapter makes it obvious Ruby will eventually become a big actress though. But this isn't her time yet.
Still unfair how the others were biased to have Ruby get the role even Akane could cut through them with her eyes as if she had a sharp knife when she saw through them .
Old 2023-04-13, 00:19   Link #717
Key Board
Carbon

the star eye makes a return
this time Akane has it
never trust a word from someone with a star eye
it means they're playing a role

So I guess it means the serial killer was playing a role too.
Was he a method actor?

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-13, 12:28   Link #718
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Akane and Aqua are meant for each other. Both of them probably can solve most of the unsolved murder cases if they became a detective or police.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 10:14   Link #719
Twi

New chapter is out.
Spoiler:

If I had to guess, its' because his plan will condemn him as well.
Old 2023-04-26, 12:15   Link #720
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
New chapter is out.
Spoiler:

If I had to guess, its' because his plan will condemn him as well.
I think the movie can go two different directions:
either they portray Ai as an unfortunate victim who had everything taken away from her and died with regrets,
or someone who despite her unforunate background, lived with her own choices moving forward and little regrets.

If they go all in on demonizing Kamiki, then they risk pitying Ai as a victim who had no control over her own fate.
Not all victims want pity, and I don't know if Ai wants to be remembered or defined by her murder and unfortunate circumstances.

Some victims want to be respected for the effort they put into enduring the hardships they've had to go through, and I think Akane sees that as well. She doesn't want Aqua to keep living with his whole life defined by Ai's murder, and she doesn't want the movie to be about that either.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy