AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-10, 22:49   Link #61
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

People want this show to be a harem because the MC already has chosen.
And people want Infinite Stratos to not be a harem because all the girls literally want to jump on Ichika.

Yep, that's basically it.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 23:11   Link #62
Raviel

I have conflicted feelings about Kyou, on one hand she looks amazing, on the other hand she's a p2w player and isn't afraid to show it
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 23:43   Link #63
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I think people want it to be a harem because neither of the best girls are the designated love interest. You have the jaw-droppingly perfect onee-san in Guildmistress, and you have the perfect proto-tsundere in Schwein. Ako is beautiful and affectionate, sure, but she's also all kinds of broken.
that will be the focus of the show, like in chunybiou where rika was a "broken person" ako also is broken and will be the mc and the guild to help her to improve as a person that will be the focus of the serie if you liked chunibyou probably you will like that ortherwise no, the big difference is the focus chunybiou was more "drama" here is more comedy, the focus is the romance comedy and explore the hardcore mmo gamers life in a funny way.
Old 2016-04-11, 01:32   Link #64
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Prontera much?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

If not for the dead-obvious Ragnarok-inspired sprites.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 01:44   Link #65
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's definitely Prontera.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 02:52   Link #66
Random14

Hm, not too bad show yet, so far at least. Yeah, its pretty silly that he ends up in a guild full of players who are actually pretty girls and who all go to his school, but the humor is pretty good. Ako is... yeah, she's crazy, actually they're all crazy.

Not too sure about future material, but at least this guy leans more towards the snarky main character type rather than the bland dense idiot (or worse, being over-powered). Not to mention the common MMO complaints (pay to win sucks ). Curious to see where the show goes from here, even the fanservice hasn't gone too overboard yet.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 03:35   Link #67
tsunade666

After rewatching the episode again and against. I didn't ended up getting tired of it and I ended up picking the manga again. This one is a keeper. I can relate on things here but I'm more of a lazy type of person than social awkward one. I'm socially inept but I eisnt care much about others opinion so I just like to laze around in my room playing games/ watching TV or reading books. But then again. Reality is a b*tech. You need to work to ear or laze around.
Old 2016-04-12, 08:37   Link #68
Psyco Diver

The writers are MMO fans for sure, the fact the MC getting beat down while everyone chats is way to real for me and the jokes about wallet warriors made me chuckle
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 13:44   Link #69
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One thing struck me after rewatching, and I'm sorry if someone's already mentioned this, but isn't Miss Piggy (I think I'll call her that for a while) a little harsh on Rusian? I mean, she's so insistently condescending and insulting toward him, when he's no worse than her (and I might argue that her apparently complete disinterest in real life makes her worse than him). I hope we get some better reason for her harshness, either showing her to be that way toward guys in general or having a specific reason to treat him this way, because right now it just looks like she's decided to hate him personally without any real cause. Even if you said his willingness to admit his "embarrassing" hobbies was what made her dislike him, I find it hard to imagine this warranting her treating him as if his very existence was gross and embarrassing, at least not when alone with no reason to pose.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 15:14   Link #70
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
One thing struck me after rewatching, and I'm sorry if someone's already mentioned this, but isn't Miss Piggy (I think I'll call her that for a while) a little harsh on Rusian? I mean, she's so insistently condescending and insulting toward him, when he's no worse than her (and I might argue that her apparently complete disinterest in real life makes her worse than him). I hope we get some better reason for her harshness, either showing her to be that way toward guys in general or having a specific reason to treat him this way, because right now it just looks like she's decided to hate him personally without any real cause. Even if you said his willingness to admit his "embarrassing" hobbies was what made her dislike him, I find it hard to imagine this warranting her treating him as if his very existence was gross and embarrassing, at least not when alone with no reason to pose.
I guess that is her way of overcompensating when it comes to hiding her secret. She obviously doesn't want other people to know about her hobbies, so maybe she feels that if she goes as far as outright verbally attacking those that do share those hobbies shamelessly, people are much less likely to suspect the truth about her.
Old 2016-04-12, 15:24   Link #71
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

That and probably a not small bit of self-loathing.
Old 2016-04-12, 15:49   Link #72
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I guess that is her way of overcompensating when it comes to hiding her secret. She obviously doesn't want other people to know about her hobbies, so maybe she feels that if she goes as far as outright verbally attacking those that do share those hobbies shamelessly, people are much less likely to suspect the truth about her.
Yeah, but it didn't sound like she viewed Apricot and Ako like that. She never said anything particularly mean to Ako or the president, but she pretty much insisted on referring to anything Rusian said or did as disgusting or embarrassing (and even declared that his very existence was an embarrassment).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 15:56   Link #73
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Yeah, but it didn't sound like she viewed Apricot and Ako like that. She never said anything particularly mean to Ako or the president, but she pretty much insisted on referring to anything Rusian said or did as disgusting or embarrassing (and even declared that his very existence was an embarrassment).
His MCness gets her hot and bothered, but he reminds her of her secret and how disgusting she thinks she is because of it. Which only disgusts/embarrasses her more.
Old 2016-04-12, 16:00   Link #74
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Prior to their meeting in the cafe, she wasn't on close terms with either Ako or the Apricot. She didn't know Ako and only knew Apricot by her position. She sees Rusian every day though and at least knows him. She's also probably so used to insulting him that it has become a habit for her.
Old 2016-04-13, 20:14   Link #75
chaos_animagic

this ain't fair, most times I end up playing with old fat dudes.
(I want to be surrounded by cute girls too)

seriously tho, I play as Lolis all the time in games...

I haven't really see any "real girl" in games yet.

As an example... have you seen any eSport team with an actual girl in it?...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 20:23   Link #76
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
this ain't fair, most times I end up playing with old fat dudes.
(I want to be surrounded by cute girls too)

seriously tho, I play as Lolis all the time in games...

I haven't really see any "real girl" in games yet.

As an example... have you seen any eSport team with an actual girl in it?...
???
Ive played with a decent amount of girls in lol and csgo. And there are always some female streamers on twitch.TV playing.
Of course there are more guys than girls but they certainly do exist.

Anyways for some girls in esports that I remember, there was tossgirl who played StarCraft. There were a good amount of other girls that played StarCraft too but tossgirl is special in that she has played with males and actually won games against big players like Yellow at the time. Remila in renegades in LoL. Scarlet in SC2.
But yea, not too many cause professional gaming is pretty much a boys club.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 00:54   Link #77
Router25
World Connector. I think

The gender confusion in-game speaks the truth, especially on MMOs where set Characters are involved. (I play as a female character due to its playstyle that I end up being confused as one)
Old 2016-04-14, 02:54   Link #78
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
???
Ive played with a decent amount of girls in lol and csgo. And there are always some female streamers on twitch.TV playing.
Of course there are more guys than girls but they certainly do exist.

Anyways for some girls in esports that I remember, there was tossgirl who played StarCraft. There were a good amount of other girls that played StarCraft too but tossgirl is special in that she has played with males and actually won games against big players like Yellow at the time. Remila in renegades in LoL. Scarlet in SC2.
But yea, not too many cause professional gaming is pretty much a boys club.
Basically my point... out out all the eSport (pros that go to official company hosted tournments with cash prizes) groups.... are made up of 99% guys... less than 1% are of girls...

so... yea... girls don't really exist that much in games most of the times, it's a common thing to not think players you meet in games are real girls, because most times they aren't.

___ ___ ___

Heck, I actually experienced what this MC had back when I first started playing MMORPG... and that was World of Warcraft... I was a young teenager... and I thought ppls in game was their actual gender...
To my surprise, my Guild Master was a Female Paladin... in one of the raid chat revealed he was a dude... and to think I was fantasizing about the Female Paladins at night... my god... I was on the verge of /snip snip my thing off.
A while later, I got bored of WoW and quit, *a-a-and i-it's not just cause of the above incident* *goes to corner* *mumbles f*** 3D sh** 2D is best, hugs piece of paper, mai waifu never betrays me* (true story)

___ ___ ___

And to this day, in any game I play, I always play a Female loli Main... no female lolis, no game.

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2016-04-14 at 03:05.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 02:56   Link #79
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This isn't an esport oriented plot you know.
Even if there is a large majority of guys for MMO and stuff, it isn't like it is "99%" of them in such case.
Old 2016-04-14, 12:46   Link #80
Kakurin
大佐

https://gfycat.com/IndolentJampackedAtlasmoth

Tags
harem, not harem, romcom