AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-01, 17:29   Link #1041
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyllrik View Post
I doubt he'd make the sacrifice if he finds out the truth. He'd probably go after Lelouch with a knife, or perhaps commit suicide - given he'd have no place to go and no one to turn to.
Well, if he goes after Lelouch with a knife, guess who gets divine retribution from C.C. when she gets her memories back?
The world would be pretty jacked then. But I think I'll lean toward the whole 'suicide' thing. Then again, he could also always just go be an assasin for someone else.
Either way, someone is going to end up dead.
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 17:51   Link #1042
Lyllrik
I type really slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
Well, if he goes after Lelouch with a knife, guess who gets divine retribution from C.C. when she gets her memories back?
The world would be pretty jacked then. But I think I'll lean toward the whole 'suicide' thing. Then again, he could also always just go be an assasin for someone else.
Either way, someone is going to end up dead.
Given how unstable and afraid he already is of losing his only "brother", finding out the truth of the deceit would be the last straw. If he ever finds out Lelouch has been toying with his feelings all along, I doubt he'd recover that easily and "go be an assasin for someone else".

Also, I don't think he trusts Lelouch 100% yet and still has some doubts - he repeatly asks Lelouch if he can trust him and his fake bro repeatly reassures him. It seems like he knows Lelouch might be lying or hiding something, yet trusts him because he wants to trust him.
Lyllrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 18:11   Link #1043
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyllrik View Post
Given how unstable and afraid he already is of losing his only "brother", finding out the truth of the deceit would be the last straw. If he ever finds out Lelouch has been toying with his feelings all along, I doubt he'd recover that easily and "go be an assasin for someone else".

Also, I don't think he trusts Lelouch 100% yet and still has some doubts - he repeatly asks Lelouch if he can trust him and his fake bro repeatly reassures him. It seems like he knows Lelouch might be lying or hiding something, yet trusts him because he wants to trust him.
See, I think that's the worst thing of the whole situation. Rolo didn't want to believe Lelouch had become Zero again in episode four because he knew he would lose the person he had 'opened himself up to', if only a little.

He's probably still psyched out because of it. I mean, he did say he would be tried as a traitor if they ever found out about it. I think he's more concerned about Lelouch being revealed as Zero in a situation where he can't show up and destroy the evidence, reguardless of if the cult has been destroyed or not, someone is going to charge both of them with something.

He's selfish for his own life in my eyes, and his mental unstability isn't helping much. So I think he's more freightened of Lelouch turning him in or something along the lines of betrayal that would most likely end his life. He wouldn't be able to fight back because he'd probably be too stunned to do anything.
Old 2008-08-01, 18:37   Link #1044
KrimzonStriker

Now I think that is bullocks, how would you explain this type of mentality if he saves Lelouch while sacrificing himself? As the lines goes from Turn 19 'Because I have been broken all my life' or something similar to that anyway. Rolo's existence has been about serving others, being used by them, until he finally found someone he thought actually treated his life as something worthwhile, and in that respect he is selfish because he has something to be selfish about for once in his life, much like what I think the locket and his attachment to it symbolizes. But in the end, his worth has always been decided by others, and more specifically and presently speaking by Lelouch. It is through that pretense that he finds his solace. He's not selfish in regards to his own life if that's what you're getting at, he's selfish and selfless at the same time in regards to the meaning of his life.
Old 2008-08-01, 19:40   Link #1045
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Now I think that is bullocks, how would you explain this type of mentality if he saves Lelouch while sacrificing himself? As the lines goes from Turn 19 'Because I have been broken all my life' or something similar to that anyway. Rolo's existence has been about serving others, being used by them, until he finally found someone he thought actually treated his life as something worthwhile, and in that respect he is selfish because he has something to be selfish about for once in his life, much like what I think the locket and his attachment to it symbolizes. But in the end, his worth has always been decided by others, and more specifically and presently speaking by Lelouch. It is through that pretense that he finds his solace. He's not selfish in regards to his own life if that's what you're getting at, he's selfish and selfless at the same time in regards to the meaning of his life.
Oh jeeze, I had the best response planned and it said I wasn't logged in.
Four paragraphs, gone,
Anyways, in summary (A really bad and less explained one, sorry, it made alot more sense before, but alas..), he's selfish for his own life because he would easily kill someone who threatened his existance because Lelouch is alive. If Lelouch was dead, he probably wouldn't put up much of a fight.
Like how he killed Shirley because;
A.) She regained her memories, and should she have been allowed to talk to Suzaku about it, he would assume Lelouch got his memories back aswell, then he would suspect Rolo was hiding it, or had a hand to play in it. So all three of them would probably end up dead in some way. So she was indirectly, to him, threatening his own life. He took offensive and decided she didn't need to be there because she posed as an accidental threat to him and Lelouch. And again, if Lelouch was killed he would lose anything he had to go back to, emotionally.
B.) She 'threatened' to take Lelouch away, but he took it waaay more radically than it should've been taken. His reason to keep living would've been pretty much taken away. However, this I still don't understand because he seems to think fondly of the idea of having a family and didn't have a negative reaction when Milly said Shirley might become Lelouch's wife.
He's selfish because he would have no problems throwing a knife in Marrianne, should she still be alive, if she threatened to kill Rolo, or take him away from Lelouch. He doesn't like people threatening Lelouch's existance, he takes it as an attack to his own existance.
So he is selfish for his life in the sense he would ruin Lelouch's, probably accidently, not intentionally, if Lelouch was threatened to be taken away from him.
Ouch, I guess your right about the meaning of his life thing.

Last edited by Worriors1; 2008-08-01 at 19:46. Reason: Messed up something, badly
Old 2008-08-01, 20:14   Link #1046
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
Oh jeeze, I had the best response planned and it said I wasn't logged in.
Four paragraphs, gone,
Anyways, in summary (A really bad and less explained one, sorry, it made alot more sense before, but alas..), he's selfish for his own life because he would easily kill someone who threatened his existance because Lelouch is alive. If Lelouch was dead, he probably wouldn't put up much of a fight.
Like how he killed Shirley because;
A.) She regained her memories, and should she have been allowed to talk to Suzaku about it, he would assume Lelouch got his memories back aswell, then he would suspect Rolo was hiding it, or had a hand to play in it. So all three of them would probably end up dead in some way. So she was indirectly, to him, threatening his own life. He took offensive and decided she didn't need to be there because she posed as an accidental threat to him and Lelouch. And again, if Lelouch was killed he would lose anything he had to go back to, emotionally.
B.) She 'threatened' to take Lelouch away, but he took it waaay more radically than it should've been taken. His reason to keep living would've been pretty much taken away. However, this I still don't understand because he seems to think fondly of the idea of having a family and didn't have a negative reaction when Milly said Shirley might become Lelouch's wife.
He's selfish because he would have no problems throwing a knife in Marrianne, should she still be alive, if she threatened to kill Rolo, or take him away from Lelouch. He doesn't like people threatening Lelouch's existance, he takes it as an attack to his own existance.
So he is selfish for his life in the sense he would ruin Lelouch's, probably accidently, not intentionally, if Lelouch was threatened to be taken away from him.
Ouch, I guess your right about the meaning of his life thing.
Basically... his own life does not really matter to Rolo in the end so long as he has meaning, which is why I point to that original assessment as being bullocks considering though that he more likely then not sacrifices himself later on for the person who did give his life meaning, thus a somewhat selfless action as well, because that would mean he puts that persons life above his own, in return for the worth that he granted Rolo. As for the whole Shirley thing, his reaction was quite the opposite since he did a pout at that banter by Milley, so I'd say he was just jealous in that regard, though not anywhere near the level it took to actually kill her until she threatened to take away the meaning of his existence as Lelouch's sibling. >_>
Old 2008-08-01, 21:21   Link #1047
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Basically... his own life does not really matter to Rolo in the end so long as he has meaning, which is why I point to that original assessment as being bullocks considering though that he more likely then not sacrifices himself later on for the person who did give his life meaning, thus a somewhat selfless action as well, because that would mean he puts that persons life above his own, in return for the worth that he granted Rolo. As for the whole Shirley thing, his reaction was quite the opposite since he did a pout at that banter by Milley, so I'd say he was just jealous in that regard, though not anywhere near the level it took to actually kill her until she threatened to take away the meaning of his existence as Lelouch's sibling. >_>
Go Shirley paid the price with trying to help Lelouch by a psychotic sociopath who's very existence is judge by an egoistic with a sister complex >_>
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:24   Link #1048
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Go Shirley paid the price with trying to help Lelouch by a psychotic sociopath who's very existence is judge by an egoistic with a sister complex >_>
Hey. nobody said life was a garden full of roses
Old 2008-08-02, 00:52   Link #1049
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Hey. nobody said life was a garden full of roses
Ha, true that. Still though, I feel like Shirley is getting gipped (sp?) I mean she's in the show for 3/4 of the whole mainly going through emotional trauma, and then when she dies there's one episode of grieving and then nothing (so far anyway) This is pretty much how I see the situation, comically exaggerated mind you.

[In this scene Lelouch is playing a video game (...you'll see)]

C.C.: I see you're taking to the grieving process quite well.

Lulu: Hmm?

C.C.: The death of your friend Shirley. You haven't even mentioned her in over a week.

Lulu: Oh c'mon. Look I proved a point all right. I wiped out the frickin' Geass Cult.

C.C.: And you think that makes it okay? You think that that will avenge her death, justice is served, and you can just forget about her?

Lulu: Well no, I mean I'm still gonna kill Rolo...once I get around to it. It's just uh...I'm playing Symphony of the Night right now and uh I really just need to beat Dracula. Then I'll take care of it.

C.C.: You're on level 3

Lulu: Yeah...yeah, this'll take a while.

All right, yes this scenario is assuming that C.C. still has her memories, but I needed a voice of reason and I think she fit the bill best. And of course I do not, nor should you, take this seriously.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 03:56   Link #1050
bran
h e a d s h o t

rolo was readly to die for lelouch when he fought agains vv why do some of you believe he won't sacrifice himself for lelouch later

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 04:17   Link #1051
Lyllrik
I type really slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
rolo was readly to die for lelouch when he fought agains vv why do some of you believe he won't sacrifice himself for lelouch later
I believe he'd make the sacrifice as long as he is oblivious to the deceit or that he realizes the hoax when it's too late to change his mind eg when he's already dying.
Lyllrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 08:02   Link #1052
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

that would be kinda hard don't you think? after all he can turn things around with his geass..
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 08:56   Link #1053
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Which is inevitably going to kill him because it stops his heart.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 08:18   Link #1054
KrimzonStriker

Well, that was interesting... I guess we'll see that NunnallyXRolo interaction after all. On the one hand I'm hopeful, on another I'm kind of apprehensive... ah well, we'll see what happens. From asking Suzaku to sending in Rolo, you have to figure Lelouch is pretty darn desperate
Old 2008-08-03, 10:36   Link #1055
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well, that was interesting... I guess we'll see that NunnallyXRolo interaction after all. On the one hand I'm hopeful, on another I'm kind of apprehensive... ah well, we'll see what happens. From asking Suzaku to sending in Rolo, you have to figure Lelouch is pretty darn desperate
Even if he gets along well with her...

Spoiler for spoil, if you don't to get spoiled, don't click here:
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 10:56   Link #1056
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

Because of that, he would have redeemed himself by rescuing Nunnally and got along well with her. Even though Lelouch treated him as a 'rag', Nunnally will treat him nicely as a human, as someone who exist. Nunnally will 'save him' before the time is up.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 10:58   Link #1057
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Because of that, he would have redeemed himself by rescuing Nunnally and got along well with her. Even though Lelouch treated him as a 'rag', Nunnally will treat him nicely as a human, as someone who exist. Nunnally will 'save him' before the time is up.
You're right, but it's so sad .

And

Spoiler for spoil:
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 11:08   Link #1058
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
what the hell is 'Rag' exactly mean? you mean like a Ragdoll or something?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 11:30   Link #1059
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
End of episode 4, Lelouch compared Rolo to a "ragged cloth" that he can throw away once he's done with the "wiping up".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 12:42   Link #1060
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
End of episode 4, Lelouch compared Rolo to a "ragged cloth" that he can throw away once he's done with the "wiping up".
Ah, I too wondered where that term came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

Hmm...
Spoiler for Rolo:
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote