AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-15, 14:55   Link #1421
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
Or maybe a Bakleth from the Star Trek franchise. The Bakleth IS mentioned as being a "sword."
thats what i meant... lolol...

i want to see a unique sword and not the typical two handed dual wield.
Even star wars made an epic dual light saber... id much rather see that type of weapon, then two swords, one being black, and the other being white... cuz then we got kirito all over again from SAO, with his black Elucidator, and shinning Dark Repulser all over again.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 16:18   Link #1422
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
So kamito 2 goal are.
1 Get Restia back
2 Remove Est curse.
3. Survive from the other girls' tsun- mode.
Old 2012-05-15, 16:21   Link #1423
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
3. Survive from the other girls' tsun- mode.
Its not so much of a wish as it is a necessity for him
Old 2012-05-15, 16:23   Link #1424
Soji

aigomorla@ Just to be fair here. No everyone read SAO so no everyone know about kirito. Also the author just show to many hint to not end with Kamito that use 2 sword.

KiRa08o2@ Ops i forgot about the number 3
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 16:54   Link #1425
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
aigomorla@ Just to be fair here. No everyone read SAO so no everyone know about kirito. Also the author just show to many hint to not end with Kamito that use 2 sword.
but u see thats just the thing...

once they do read SAO, they realize how much better kirito is then kamito should he have dual sabers.
Old 2012-05-15, 16:57   Link #1426
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I never read SAO so I have no idea what his dual wielding is about. Just to be fair Soji is correct, the author foreshadowed a lot for Kamito to dual wield swords, though I wouldn't mind him have Est and Restia fuse into one sword. Like think of a Katana, since Est is a Holy Sword Spirit (I think) and Restia is a Dark Sword Spirit (I think again) so the colors of the blade would be black and white. One side of a Katana is black while the other is while. Richocet, you are correct, haven't read the other half of vol 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 yet since the translations are slow and summaries are vague at best. I am sure he receive much more abuse at the hands of the harem. Usually you think they would be only one Tsundere in a Harem, yet this one has all of them. When Kamito does something in their mind bad, let the S&M play begin except the M person isn't enjoying it, but when Kamito say something sweet or just say something nice they purr like kittens.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 17:00   Link #1427
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I never read SAO so I have no idea what his dual wielding is about. Just to be fair Soji is correct, the author foreshadowed a lot for Kamito to dual wield swords,
i thought everyone got speculation because he's ambidextrous?
Basically meaning he can use his left hand as well as his right hand.

Also, you really should read SAO reaper... lets just say Kirito has written the book for dual wielding, as he can dual wield just about anything down to a sword + Pistol.
Old 2012-05-15, 17:01   Link #1428
Soji

Reaper@ The girls can be tsundere or do like this but they can't really win again kamitoXD Kamito can play them pretty well and he is a *S*

aigomorla@ But kirito is hax. it's like the ophis of that world.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 17:02   Link #1429
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Reaper@ The girls can be tsundere or do like this but they can't really win again kamitoXD Kamito can play them pretty well and he is a *S*
yeah but kamito quickly panics the moment he realizes how easy it is, and how far its gone...

he basically dig's his own grave each time, and then regrets picking up the shovel.

Quote:
aigomorla@ But kirito is hax.
thats just the point... there should only be 1 hax'd dual sword wielder..
Otherwise the Hax'd version makes the non hax'd version seem small....
Old 2012-05-15, 17:12   Link #1430
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well that takes out the excitement and character progression if a Character is too Hax. I prefer they start out weak gradually become Stronger. Kamito at the beginning 3 years ago was too Hax considering he overwhelmed everyone in the Tournament, he just lost he power and skill since then. Now he is trying to get it back, all the while he is getting Stronger in the back in our heads we are thinking how strong was before even though he is strong now.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-05-15 at 17:25.
Old 2012-05-15, 17:16   Link #1431
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Well that takes out the excitement and character progression if a Character is too Hax. I prefer they start out weak gradually become Stronger. Kamito at the beginning 3 years ago was too Hax considering he overwhelmed everyone in the Tournament, he just lost he power and skill since then. Now he is trying to get it back, all the while he is getting Stronger in the back in our heads we are thinking how strong was he if he before even though he is strong now.
you see i prefer the reverse progress over the forward progress.

Basically your hax'd but your trying really hard to hide your HAX, and end up doing things which are HAX'd but you believe they are normal, so people begin to think your HAX'd yet you yourself think your normal.

Its much more fun when you see a hero go SPAAAAAAAAAAAAN~ and then go "tehehe... oops i over did it.." while the crowd is jaw gapping going WTF happened?
vs
The hero goes SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN~ and nothing happens but his sword breaks, and the crowd is laughing there asses off at the hero.
Old 2012-05-15, 17:34   Link #1432
whsie

Quote:
Well that takes out the excitement and character progression if a Character is too Hax. I prefer they start out weak gradually become Stronger. Kamito at the beginning 3 years ago was too Hax considering he overwhelmed everyone in the Tournament, he just lost he power and skill since then. Now he is trying to get it back, all the while he is getting Stronger in the back in our heads we are thinking how strong was before even though he is strong now.
To be frank though, the weak->strong progression is so overused that it almost feels like a cliche. The only way a weak->strong progression can interest me is if A) It's really, really well done in a unique way and B) it has other interesting elements to the story e.g. romance, comedy, plot.

On the contrary, we don't see as much strong characters from the get-go. It's something fresh.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 17:54   Link #1433
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I will say that is true that it is overused, but when the Main Character gets too hax then where is the excitement when the Main Character fight the antagonist? Just like you said whsie it is only interesting when it is very unique. Greatest example is Ise from High School DXD, I cannot find any match. Though Kamito is very close to it considering he is a very likable Main Character.
Old 2012-05-15, 18:03   Link #1434
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I disagree hax makes things uninteresting. Have you read Chrome Shelled Regios (I think thats the title).

The mc starts off as a heaven's blade receiver. One of small group of the strongest fighters on earth. The tension comes from wondering whether or not Leyton will have finally met his match and actually get hit as opposed to owning his opponent every time. It works pretty good. Look at how big their thread is.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 18:21   Link #1435
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Sylphic, I read the Novel and dropped it after vol 14. The main character isn't too hax considering he was toyed with when facing his teacher for a long time, then after that the girl he loved abandoned him and even calling him pathetic, he then confess his love to her and she rejected him coldly, the next two volumes consist a year after that and he lost his will to fight since then, and allowed a girl who was closest to him to be wounded. That isn't hax to me and I felt so bad for the Main Character it was the closest non hentai NTR feeling I had ever felt. Anyway back to topic, Kamito isn't overly hax, but has the right balance. I love this Novel and wish Baka-tsuki translators would hurry up, but they got a life of their own to foucus on than my entertainment.
Old 2012-05-15, 18:26   Link #1436
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I guess the point I was trying to make was that you can make novel with something. Resides weakling-> strong dude progression.

Leyton is invincible on the battlefield, but he is still a victim of circumstance and destiny and to put it harshly luck as well. That's how an interesting story can be told rather than the typical amnesia or whatever excuse to start weak.

Kamito is alright. He tells us he is Ren Ashbell Wwwwaaaayy too often though.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 18:36   Link #1437
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I heard that Layfon gotten over it in vol 18 where he fought a major boss and clues stating that he was more than the Child of Oblivion which is the Ignasis. A Major figure in the Novel and many of the fans of the Novel hope that he is so Leerin (Layfon's love interest and female that broke his heart and sent him into a depression) can be trolled so badly and for layfon and Felli to be in a relationship since the last 3 main volumes are pertaining to her. Anyway back to Dance Blade, the fact that he showed many times he was Ren Ashbell and the harem seeing the resemblance then forgets it afterwards makes great comedy. Unlike many harem series where the Main Character is dense, it is the harem who is dense. That is original of changing the formula of many harem Novels.
Old 2012-05-15, 20:08   Link #1438
Athena
The Power of One

Dang, I haven't been reading CSR since the last chapter by blewin...

BOT, Kamito could dual-wield, but would that be really good? Because, when the MC becomes too strong, there's difficulty to make him progress, and boring becomes the story.
Old 2012-05-16, 00:25   Link #1439
ZeKeR
Superbad

still... if Kamito could dual wield both Restia and Est by transforming them both to identical short blades and if his dominating skill returns.... oh god....
Old 2012-05-16, 00:31   Link #1440
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
still... if Kamito could dual wield both Restia and Est by transforming them both to identical short blades and if his dominating skill returns.... oh god....
Duel wielding returns and the girls become even more useless............

Wow I just realized that Blade Dance is one of the few series with a useless harem. Est doesn't count.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap