AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-05, 23:26   Link #981
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
That would be a pretty shocking level of unprofessionalism, and to be honest I don't think it's very likely. And it's not like there was a sharp decline in quality, the problems have been there since the first half of the show, they just got out of hand as the plot thickened.

Btw, this month's Spoon (I think it's this month's - anyway it has Tsuritama on its cover) apparently has a long interview with the director, Yamamoto Yuusuke. Maybe we'll get some insight from him...
Yeah, I agree with you on that. And it will be interesting to get some insight from Yamamoto.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:21   Link #982
mayumi

Looks like interivew iwth Okada is going to bereleased in this magazine. Can anyone confirm? Shushu to be next Apollo by that pic.

http://www.yosensha.co.jp/book/b102657.html
Old 2012-07-08, 06:29   Link #983
bastek66

Some 2ch:
ユノハ自身は恋愛に積極的にはなれないでしょうが、周りの男子がほおって
おかないでしょうね ゼシカとカグラは恋仲に進展するかもしれませんね(山本監督)

ゼシカとカグラは恋仲に進展するかもしれませんね
Old 2012-07-08, 07:23   Link #984
SABER60069

Kagura/Zessica end confirmed?
Old 2012-07-08, 08:03   Link #985
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABER60069 View Post
Kagura/Zessica end confirmed?
No, just the possibility that they may end up as a couple.

And yes, there's an interview with Okada in Otona Anime #25.
Old 2012-07-08, 08:44   Link #986
genjo sanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
No, just the possibility that they may end up as a couple.

And yes, there's an interview with Okada in Otona Anime #25.
I really wanted this development, but it's now late! They should release something more, not a director's cut. We'll see
Old 2012-07-15, 00:12   Link #987
Ruddfect

Surprised no one has linked this yet, but some anon on /a/ got scans of interviews from Okada, Kawamori, and Yamamoto. The Yamamoto one is further down.
https://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/68439891/
Old 2012-07-15, 00:58   Link #988
Destined_Fate

I see that they're smart enough to use Kagura's sexiness to help attract attention.
Old 2012-07-15, 03:42   Link #989
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddfect View Post
Surprised no one has linked this yet, but some anon on /a/ got scans of interviews from Okada, Kawamori, and Yamamoto. The Yamamoto one is further down.
https://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/68439891/
Spoiler for Okada on Zessica:
Is this some kind of joke?
Old 2012-07-15, 10:18   Link #990
Shikijin

I attempted a partial translation. Here is a summary of the interview with Okada.

Spoiler for long:
Old 2012-07-15, 10:30   Link #991
Destined_Fate

More realistic emotions? Is that the excuse for why Amata and Mikono were... Ugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Is this some kind of joke?
Well... It would have gotten in the way of them kicking Zessica which isn't something they would stand for.
Old 2012-07-15, 16:50   Link #992
Radik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I attempted a partial translation. Here is a summary of the interview with Okada.
Thanks for that, it's an interesting read.

Spoiler for long:
Old 2012-07-15, 17:14   Link #993
mayumi

seriously all this focus on making zessica the one who would fail regardless of what she does only made mikono more unbearable. if they really focused on mikono properly maybe she wouldn't turn out to be such a useless girl. zessica never had a chance because the other writers never wanted her to/ okada could only try to give zessica a heroic "ok i will give up finally" because it looks like okada liked her. okada atleast won that one battle and maybe that end pairing with kagura

also, some of the writers intentions are downright nasty like that whole "the housekeeper saw it!{a TV drama}". How lame they couldn't come up with anything better but cliche stuff?

andy not supposed to be there? okada included him? i am thankful that he was there.

amata is like goku? the guy who never changes? the genre shounen kind but really messed up in the head? atleast she admits he was batshit nuts with his obsession which explains why he disregards everyone else when mikono is around. he is supposed to be a flat character as i saw him as.
Old 2012-07-16, 00:22   Link #994
Destined_Fate

Well, it seems they changed the script a bit during development and not all the writers liked it. I'm sure Zessica was a hot topic for changes since she ended up being so popular which in turn made Mikoto so very unpopular in comparison since they're rivals... Only Zessica was made to fail no matter what she did.

I don't think Amata can really compared to Goku. At least Goku cared enough for his friends and willingly took the bullet for other characters. While Amata never really took a hit for anyone and let the world go to hell over reckless his pursuit of Mikoto. Everyone else didn't really seem to matter all that much to him when Mikoto is involved and she always came first even when she wasn't in danger.

Also... Amata learned nothing to change his behaviour. Such antics shouldn't be rewarded, Amata's obsession still stays the same from beginning to end. Zessica and Kagura at least got over their obessions and moved on but Amata? I wouldn't want to be in the same room as him, he might just flip out on me for looking at "his" prize.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-07-16 at 02:59.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:27   Link #995
ZetaAEUG

All in all, Okada's interview seems like she's making quite a few excuses for why EVOL was so bad. Kawamori's the one who's ultimately at fault though, for giving her and the other writers so much freedom in the first place.
Old 2012-07-16, 04:53   Link #996
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

That was an interesting interview to say the least.

First, I agree with ZetaAEUG. I've said that even though Okada was in charge of a large part of the writing process for the series Kawamori still deserved a good amount of the blame himself. He was the one in charge of the show altogether. People talk about the flaws with the story, writing and character development, but I'm pretty sure he gets final say on things.

Besides it sounds like the story wasn't even really planned out properly. Sounds like there were no definite ideas at times, which could mean there were some re-writes. The interview even says that Kawamori didn't like to do things as planned until the end. Seeing that revelation makes me sympathize with the writers a little bit and it also explains some of the flaws with the storytelling.

I pretty much had the same reaction as OMG Zerg Rush when I read her thoughts on Zessica. A lot of viewers sympathized with Zessica too, which is why fans of her character don't take too kindly to her being the punching bag of the show. Also didn't do any favors on Mikono's part as Zessica made Mikono look bad at times.

I'm glad she proposed the idea of Andy. Definitely a good move on her part.

An interesting read. I'm interested to see more of their thoughts. It seems like they had a lot of ideas but they also had to please Kawamori so a lot of those ideas may have fallen to the wayside. I'm really interested to see what the original plan was, because the show we ultimately got definitely felt it went through quite a few rewrites and changes.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:50   Link #997
Shikijin

Interview with Kawamori part 1:
Spoiler for long:
Old 2012-07-16, 12:03   Link #998
Destined_Fate

I see that no one brought up Zessica, guess they don't want to make the interview awkward.

Strange that Kawamori didn't see how popular Jin and Yunoha being a couple would be? The Japanese loves it when a "bad guy" falls for a good girl and joins their side not to mention Loli love with a pretty boy. They could have made a fortune off that.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:48   Link #999
mayumi

Did kawamori just compare aquarion to india? what a douche.

Him thinking watered down amata and mikono made other characters vexing is LOL worthy.

He has serious mommy complex. Fron silvia the mother of the twin founders to alicia and mikono resembling each other. Amata and kagura having mommy issues.

There is just so much wrong with his way of thinking. It is like he is disallusioned with what audience likes. I am so disappointed with this series that I probably won't be watching any of his shows again.

He clearly states that apollo and amata are reincarnations. No, if or buts. That whole fate shit was not necessary at all.
Old 2012-07-16, 16:43   Link #1000
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Did kawamori just compare aquarion to india? what a douche.

Him thinking watered down amata and mikono made other characters vexing is LOL worthy.

He has serious mommy complex. Fron silvia the mother of the twin founders to alicia and mikono resembling each other. Amata and kagura having mommy issues.

There is just so much wrong with his way of thinking. It is like he is disallusioned with what audience likes. I am so disappointed with this series that I probably won't be watching any of his shows again.

He clearly states that apollo and amata are reincarnations. No, if or buts. That whole fate shit was not necessary at all.
It sounds like he thinks his ideas are smarter/better than they actually are. He sounds like George Lucas now.
Closed Thread