AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-16, 06:38   Link #1
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Guerrilla Games announced Horizon Zero Dawn, its brand new IP, for PlayStation 4 during Sony’s E3 2015 press conference this evening. The 2016-due action RPG puts players in the role of Aloy, a skilled hunter, as they explore a “vibrant and lush” world inhibited by mysterious mechanized creatures.

Horizon Zero Dawn is set in a lush, beautiful open world where nature has reclaimed the ruins of a forgotten civilization. It is a world where mankind is not the dominant species, and highly advanced machines sit at the top of the food chain. You play as Aloy, a young outcast from a tribal society, who has learned to hunt the machines. Intent on unraveling the many mysteries that surround her, Aloy embarks on a quest that will lead her to discover her own destiny.

• A Lush Post-Apocalyptic World – How have machines come to dominate this world, and what is their purpose? What happened to the civilization here before? Scour every corner of a realm filled with ancient relics and mysterious buildings in order to uncover your past and unearth the many secrets of a forgotten land.
  • Nature and Machines Collide – Horizon Zero Dawn juxtaposes two contrasting elements, taking a vibrant world rich with beautiful nature and filling it with awe-inspiring highly advanced technology. This marriage creates a dynamic combination for both exploration and gameplay.
  • Defy Overwhelming Odds – The foundation of combat in Horizon Zero Dawn is built upon the speed and cunning of Aloy versus the raw strength and size of the machines. In order to overcome a much larger and technologically superior enemy, Aloy must use every ounce of her knowledge, intelligence, and agility to survive each encounter.
  • Cutting Edge Open World Tech: Stunningly detailed forests, imposing mountains, and atmospheric ruins of a bygone civilization meld together in a landscape that is alive with changing weather and a day/night cycle.

Gameplay Trailer:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...zon-zero-dawn/
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/guerrilla...es-horizon-ps4
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 06:48   Link #2
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Guess the meeting at the studio offices went like.
"So we have a post-apocalyptic world."
"You mean like in Mad Max?"
"No, we gonna take Life After People as inspiration!"
"Much better..."
"The humans will be close to Emmerich's 10 000BC but with schyzotech."
"Sure why not...."
"The protag gonna be a woman..."
"Yes, maybe the radfems and the SJW will stop whining...."
"Guess what gonna be the antagonists?"
"*sigh* Zombies again????"
"No. Dinosaurs!"
"No way...."
"Better! Dinosaurs robots!!!!"
"OMFG @WE$OME!!!!!"
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 06:51   Link #3
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Probably the most interesting and spectacular new IP to appear from e3 thus far. I'm not one to harp on about female mcs in games but I feel it was a great choice by the developers. This is a great ps4-exclusive to look forward to. Don't screw it up Guerilla Games
Old 2015-06-16, 07:19   Link #4
Galaxian

Best new IP in the show for me so far.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 09:52   Link #5
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Wow interesting, gameplay looks like a combination of Assassins creed and the woefully under-rated Enslaved.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 10:25   Link #6
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I just love the concept of this game.

A post-apocalyptic earth, but to the point where humanity doesn't even realize they are the descendants of the people who came before. Plus the enemy isn't wildlife or zombies, but freaking dinobots ! Now we're talking!

Easily the most exciting of the new IP shown so far at E3. This just looks fun. This is just something after seeing it that I just want to play.
Old 2015-06-16, 10:30   Link #7
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I really hope this is just a timed exclusive. It looks freaking awesome.
Old 2015-06-16, 10:32   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I really hope this is just a timed exclusive. It looks freaking awesome.
Guerrilla Games is Sony's own first party developer.
Old 2015-06-16, 10:36   Link #9
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Le sigh, guess another game I won't ever get to play. I really despise exclusives.
Old 2015-06-16, 12:08   Link #10
Wandering Soul

The game looks pretty interesting and I like the concept behind it. The robot designs also look amazing.

So far it is the best new IP shown at E3 for me.
Old 2015-06-19, 22:36   Link #11
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2015-06-19, 22:55   Link #12
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I almost teared up when Sony showed the trailer for the first time. This is easily the best new IP of E2 2015 for me.

The designs of the robot dinosaurs are so fuckin cool; Guerrilla always delivers in that regard.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 23:31   Link #13
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

While the Stage Demo didn't reveal anything new gameplay-wise, it did confirm the large amount of thought and planning that went into the game. I really adore stories and games crafted with detail like that.
Old 2016-06-06, 15:40   Link #14
Chosen_Hero

Delayed until Feb 2017.

New trailer:

Game still looks great.
Old 2016-09-09, 22:22   Link #15
Chosen_Hero

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...zero-dawn.aspx

Live Gameplay:

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-09-17 at 23:40. Reason: Added new video
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 19:56   Link #16
Chosen_Hero

Old 2017-01-11, 13:45   Link #17
Chosen_Hero

Final story trailer: (Avoid if you are trying to keep away from any story spoilers)

Old 2017-01-12, 14:25   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This must be...the future of Monster Hunter! Literally

It looks fun. Gear, required grinding and resource availability will decide a lot for this game, but the enemies (and I mean the A.I., especially for bosses) will be the major point of consideration.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 13:28   Link #19
Chosen_Hero

Embargo is up, which means that reviews are now being released:

Quote:
Horizon: Zero Dawn is just brilliant. I speak as a critic who has played more “open sandbox” games than any one human should and has grown so very weary of them. I should have gotten sick of this thing in an hour, but I’ve been glued to it for days and days and I don’t want it to end. I love existing in this world – a world of desperate survival but of growing culture and a sense of hope. A world of giant metal animals that promise some breathtaking fights.

A world that’s basically Disney’s Brave meets The Last of Us, Enslaved: Journey to the West, Far Cry, Mass Effect, The Witcher, Monster Hunter, Toukiden, and loads of other really, really cool shit.

That’s basically Horizon in a nutshell – loads of really, really cool shit.
http://www.thejimquisition.com/horiz...o-dawn-review/

Quote:
Concept:
Try to unravel the mysteries of a massive open world teeming with deadly mechanical beasts

Graphics:
Horizon's diverse environments are gorgeous and detailed, but characters sometimes suffer from the uncanny-valley effect

Sound:
Solid voice acting and a poignant (if understated) soundtrack complement the sounds of screeching and exploding robot dinosaurs

Playability:
Aloy is quick on her feet and the controls are responsive – a necessity considering how demanding the combat is

Entertainment:
Horizon doesn't reinvent open-world gaming, but it delivers consistent fun, challenge, and intrigue from start to finish
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ho...-informer.aspx

Also, for those of you that care about this sort of thing, here you go:

Old 2017-02-20, 19:39   Link #20
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

okay. after a serious internal debate with myself, i've decided to pick this up over Nier. simply put, this looks more like $60 worth of game than Nier, which seems like something to be picked up at the $40 range. despite my love for the demo, the music, and my instant obsession with Toobie after seeing her, i think Horizon is the way to go for sheer bang to buck. plus it's my first open world RPG (i skipped the witcher, oblivion, etc) so it has that new toy appeal for me, whereas i've been playing DMC-esque games since DMC..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote