AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-03-12, 18:18   Link #201
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Alisha armatization is an anime only thing, as far as the game is concerned she was only meant to use "Echo artes". The reason why Alisha can only use Edna and Rose only uses Dezel is because Dezel is associated with Rose by people who've played the games, and Lailah and Mikleo are considered Soreys main armatization partners (aka the one that Sorey is frequently advertised as using), but they don't want two wind armatizations so that leaves Edna. Sorey can use all 4, he's not held back by any sort of restrictions.
Quote:
Well Dezel has always been around Rose so it make sense, for the game.

For the anime I don't think has ever had a conversation with Edna, and her play style is really different. It's another pairing that only makes sense if you think of their game counterparts, and even then.
Which was the reason I stated about things being rewritten in the game (although there will be a lot of things being rewritten or changed) in my first (or something) post. Also, when stating about each person being tied to a specific element, I was also thinking about using the 'trails' (or something that some of the people was talking about) for each of those people (unless I'm misremembering what the purpose of those elemental temples were for...).
Old 2017-03-12, 18:29   Link #202
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Which was the reason I stated about things being rewritten in the game (although there will be a lot of things being rewritten or changed) in my first (or something) post. Also, when stating about each person being tied to a specific element, I was also thinking about using the 'trails' (or something that some of the people was talking about) for each of those people (unless I'm misremembering what the purpose of those elemental temples were for...).
Even then it doesn't work, Edna's trials have nothing to do with Alisha at all. Edna and Alisha's interactions were just about Edna bullying her and nothing else.
Old 2017-03-12, 18:34   Link #203
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Even then it doesn't work, Edna's trials have nothing to do with Alisha at all. Edna and Alisha's interactions were just about Edna bullying her and nothing else.
Which was the reason I stated about some things being rewritten or changed.
Old 2017-03-12, 18:38   Link #204
wisteria233

Quote:
Which was the reason I stated about some things being rewritten or changed.
In the anime Edna doesn't interact with Alisha at all, there are no trials in the anime either. The reason she's paired up with Edna has solely to do with the game.
Old 2017-03-12, 18:45   Link #205
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
In the anime Edna doesn't interact with Alisha at all, there are no trials in the anime either. The reason she's paired up with Edna has solely to do with the game.
Wait, are you trying to suggest that a person's percentage link to a particular element is tied to how much interaction (or something similar) to a particular elemental seraphim?
Old 2017-03-12, 19:07   Link #206
wisteria233

Quote:
Wait, are you trying to suggest that a person's percentage link to a particular element is tied to how much interaction (or something similar) to a particular elemental seraphim?
I'm saying that "percentage link" theory doesn't exist for the anime, at all. They chose Edna for Alisha solely because the she was the only one available.
Old 2017-03-12, 20:09   Link #207
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Armatization for everyone! I felt weird seeing those dragons fall so easily...
Old 2017-03-13, 11:18   Link #208
shadow1296

Quote:
I'm saying that "percentage link" theory doesn't exist for the anime, at all. They chose Edna for Alisha solely because the she was the only one available.
Look I was only using Edna as an example, she could have been partnered mikleo which does make more sense (similar styles of fighting staves/ spears, her home being ladylake a town surrounded by water and the fact she does have some involvement to the water trial even if it is only through another character,) any way we should probably drop the subject for now or pick it up in the game thread it definitely seems like
We are getting a little to off topic
Old 2017-03-13, 14:17   Link #209
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Look I was only using Edna as an example, she could have been partnered mikleo which does make more sense (similar styles of fighting staves/ spears, her home being ladylake a town surrounded by water and the fact she does have some involvement to the water trial even if it is only through another character,) any way we should probably drop the subject for now or pick it up in the game thread it definitely seems like
We are getting a little to off topic
And I was saying that they wouldn't or couldn't use Mikleo or Lailah because they are considered Sorey's main armatization partners. Basically the reason why Edna is Alisha's partner has nothing to do with either character in the anime, it's all about the meta. In universe Alisha can partner with anyone even Lailah so long as they've made a contract with Lailah. But they're never to allow her to, and why? Because metawise Lailah and Mikleo are Sorey's main partners that you see Bamco uses for Sorey in every one of his meta appearances. The anime Ufotable may be trying to appease to Alisha fanboys who were upset about her being a guest character but they're not that stupid. There's no deep meaning behind it, the other characters simply aren't available.
Old 2017-03-14, 20:04   Link #210
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

For those who have played Tales of Berseria... about the location where the party is at the moment.

Spoiler:
Old 2017-03-14, 20:18   Link #211
RDNexus

Not a bad theory, if you're guessing right the location.
Old 2017-03-15, 06:06   Link #212
Jaden

None of this northern wasteland stuff makes any sense to begin with, why isn't Heldalf at Artorius' Throne, where he was in the game, and where Maotelus is?

But given that they did go there, what Harbringer said is probably correct.

Anime keeps getting weirder. I think at this point I've gotten what I wanted from it, which is some nice visual world-building, more depth to some characters, and some fan service.

I'm not really into the story revisionism that they're trying to pull. There's a lot of structural problems with how they're telling the anime story and there doesn't seem to be any point to the retcons that have been made.

Like why does Symonne die and Dezel survive? Why have Symonne at all when she never did anything and didn't offer any story exposition? Why introduce the storyteller, the second celestial record, and then not tell the story of past events? Why introduce Edna's brother and then ignore him? Why have Lunarre?

Since they didn't have the time to explore everything in the anime, it would've made more sense to cut some things instead of keeping them in as a shallow tease. After all, they don't seem to have qualms about making retcons.

Last edited by Jaden; 2017-03-15 at 06:21.
Old 2017-03-15, 06:15   Link #213
RDNexus

Unless they intend to pull a Cour3, the story is really heading to a very incomplete ending point, taking into account the few things from the game that were vital to make this Anime adaptation a truly complete ToZ experience. Especially when they are, at this point, throwing a nice bunch of things related to ToB.

I don't know, the fact they spent so much time on Rose and Alisha's arcs could mean that they are taking their sweet time with this story and have more to tell us. And, with the possibility of Dezel kicking the bucket next week (given the episode title), this late into Cour2, could also be an indicator of that.

After all, this series is called Zestiria the X
Old 2017-03-15, 08:14   Link #214
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I'm not really into the story revisionism that they're trying to pull. There's a lot of structural problems with how they're telling the anime story and there doesn't seem to be any point to the retcons that have been made.
At this point considering how Bamco isn't treating the anime as NuCanon for Zestiria or Berseria (even Berseria's website tells people to only watch episodes 5&6 of the first season and nothing else), I wouldn't call it a retcon, because the anime would have to be considered canon first, but it's canon to nothing but itself.

I think that the anime's structural problems can be summed in one phrase, pandering. Ufotable is so busy pandering that they forgot to actually make a coherent narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Unless they intend to pull a Cour3, the story is really heading to a very incomplete ending point, taking into account the few things from the game that were vital to make this Anime adaptation a truly complete ToZ experience. Especially when they are, at this point, throwing a nice bunch of things related to ToB.

I don't know, the fact they spent so much time on Rose and Alisha's arcs could mean that they are taking their sweet time with this story and have more to tell us. And, with the possibility of Dezel kicking the bucket next week (given the episode title), this late into Cour2, could also be an indicator of that.

After all, this series is called Zestiria the X
The first season flopped badly and the second season's viewership is even lower than the first's. I think that they're just going to have an unsatisfying and confusing ending.
Old 2017-03-15, 16:53   Link #215
Ekard

Don't put it past namco to have some hidden remaster of the game in the works and all these changes are the new cannon..
Old 2017-03-15, 18:02   Link #216
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekard View Post
Don't put it past namco to have some hidden remaster of the game in the works and all these changes are the new cannon..
Which would be case if the anime was a financial and/or critical success but this anime has failed in both areas. The only thing that sells for the anime is the Sorey, Mikleo, and Edna merchandise aka the stuff that was already selling. Not only that but the fans who actually buy the merchandise aren't fond of the anime. The people who were crying about Alisha and like the anime are also the people who don't support Bamco or Zestiria, they already re-released the game half a year ago in Japan on the PS4, and it outsold season 1 despite the bad press surrounding it. There's no incentive for them to care about it, and they haven't.
Old 2017-03-16, 11:15   Link #217
Ekard

It would take them much less work to churn out a mediocre remake then to start a new title at any rate.Namco is known for doing this crap. Incentive doesn't matter much to them I just don't think they have any brains and would do it out of sheer stupidity. In any case I will laugh if a ported remake is announced for nintendo switch at E3 later this year.
Old 2017-03-16, 20:08   Link #218
wisteria233

So you think that Bamco would want to waste money completely remaking a game to be in line with its anime, that'sounds even less successful than its game? An anime that actually isn't in line with Berseria despite its blatant references? Nevermind that from a gameplay perspective it would be pointless to have 3 characters who could armatizate since you only have 4 seraphim at a time? And are limited to 4 characters in battlefield anyway, so it would actually make the gameplay worse, when using seraphim characters? So it would pointless to add Alisha in anyway?

The thing is Bamco has only ever really re-released things that sold decently, and when they do they only add things in, they don't change the story or remove things, they only add in things in that make sense.
Old 2017-03-17, 15:58   Link #219
Ekard

Well I consider them utterly stupid to begin with so yes I could see them sit around the board room and say "Lets port the game to nintendo switch and get in on the action of all the first adopters". I suspect the anime might end on a cliffhanger promoting it. We will see maybe with how the anime ends.
Old 2017-03-17, 17:28   Link #220
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekard View Post
Well I consider them utterly stupid to begin with so yes I could see them sit around the board room and say "Lets port the game to nintendo switch and get in on the action of all the first adopters". I suspect the anime might end on a cliffhanger promoting it. We will see maybe with how the anime ends.
Actually I'd say that money is pretty much the only thing that Bamco is logical with. Even ToZX only happened because it was planned from the start and even it's direction to focusing on Alisha is solely because Bamco wouldn't figure out that Alisha merchandise just doesn't make a profit, until after the first season of the anime was already airing. The Alisha manga just ended right before the anime started and the sales for volume wouldn't come in until after the first season aired. And the first season's BD wasn't released until right before the second season started airing. So Bamco didn't find out that both of them flopped until it was too late to change anything. However it was at a time when it would effect any plans after the second season. Considering the next episode's title I suspect that the anime will just end on a cliffhanger but because of it's low sales last season won't get a continuation.

As for any announcements at the end of the anime, Tales Fes is actually the event where Bamco makes announcements for new games, they don't do it at the end of an anime. Considering the fact that Sorey and Mikleo's VAs so if they wanted to do that then it would likely happen there.

That being said I've spoken to people who have the Berseria guidebook and they say that it's more likely that there Zestiria/Berseria will have a sequel using their most popular characters, while also using the in universe ready excuse to drop the characters who've been causing trouble.
Closed Thread