AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-15, 23:30   Link #921
Benio

Today I watched Simoun marathon. What a great anime!

Every episode is no-nonsense and very intriguing. I think the key to enjoying this series is to understand what Ri Maajon, Tempus Spatium, auriga, sagitta, etc. are and also the background about the war. Once one gets past that, everything just makes sense.

After hearing it so many times, I can't seem to get "Tempus Spatium" out of my head now. If Simoun gets licensed in America, I'll definitely buy it. Hope it WILL get licensed (but after we get to watch all episodes subbed first, of course. )

Thanks everyone on this board and everywhere else who helps bring this great series to fans like us. Your work is really appreciated.
Benio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 01:23   Link #922
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep15:

Last edited by Simon; 2006-07-16 at 12:13.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 09:04   Link #923
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 10:28   Link #924
ghost89475

I love this anime, it keeps getting better and better.
Spoiler:

Anyway, I thought "poor parietta" kinda summed up the ep. I think she has a higher chance of biting dust instead of yun though...
ghost89475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 12:19   Link #925
fignae
floofer. floof.

Spoiler for ep15:

Spoiler for ...not really. commenting on speculation:
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 15:04   Link #926
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
Spoiler for ep15:
Great comments. And so were some of ghost89475's.
Spoiler for ep15:
Aaeru's response to Paraietta was so strong. Amazing anime, that can put so much into such a simple thing. Not that other cultures don't do similar things, but I see the effects of the subtlety of Japanese communication, and an echo of the kinds of subtleties that you can read in the Tale of Genji, written a thousand years ago.

total off-topic tangent: I worship The Tale of Genji, especially the last ten chapters, which can be read separately. For those who don't know, The Tale of Genji is a big novel that is arguably the first real novel ever written in the world. It was written by a Heian court lady (Murasaki Shikibu) around 1000 AD. I like the Royall Tyler translation, but Arthur Waley's old and very slightly inaccurate one is great English prose.

I've suggested to Japanese who haven't read the Genji (or have read only what they were forced to in school) that even without reading it they get a lot of the Genji's essence in much Japanese literature written since, including some anime, movies and dorama.

You can visit Murasaki Shikibu's supposed grave in Kyoto (it's down a little alley just south of Kitaoji street on the west side of Horikawa-dori street). You can also see the one part of the Heian palace grounds that is supposedly still like what it was when she would have seen them, at Shinsen-in, a charming little park just south of Nijo Castle. And there is a very nice Genji museum at Uji, in the southern suburbs of Kyoto. Uji is where those last ten chapters are mainly set, and you can still get some of the feeling of the novel there. A Fujiwara family country seat there included the Byoodo-in, one of the world's great buildings, which you can also visit.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 19:05   Link #927
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Spoiler for ep 15 mostly little observations related to previous posts:

Last edited by warainagara; 2006-07-16 at 19:30.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 19:40   Link #928
m000m000

Spoiler for ep 15 mostly little observations related to previous posts:

All in all, I really liked Ep15. Probably one of my, if not the, favourite episode on the series for me. Favourite moment probably was when Dominura told Paraietta to go stuff it, it cracked me up. Needs more good sarcasm in the series!
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 22:10   Link #929
metronome
Mad Loli

behold! episode 16 of simoun is gonna out
cant wait anymore:P
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 00:15   Link #930
fignae
floofer. floof.

Spoiler for episode 15, not 16 yet!:
Old 2006-07-17, 14:01   Link #931
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Looks like ep16 must be pretty interesting. It hasn't appeared in cyberspace yet, but on 2channel, they have ripped through a thousand posts since it started airing about two and a half hours ago. The last hundred posts came in 12 minutes.

I have tried to avoid reading anything, but I did see the following, which appeared shortly after it started airing: "Really moe, really weeping. My heart is beating hard again. What a godly anime!"

Once again, my reaction is just subjective. I'm not sure what the normal numbers would be. But it does seem that Simoun, which is rushing through its 34th thread, is beginning to pull away from Ouran, which is on its 29th. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean much, since Higurashi is at 104, Utawarerumono is at 58, and even Tsuyokiss is already at 20, after only three weeks. 2channel is mainly an otaku board.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-17 at 14:23.
Old 2006-07-17, 14:38   Link #932
wowo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Looks like ep16 must be pretty interesting. It hasn't appeared in cyberspace yet, but on 2channel, they have ripped through a thousand posts since it started airing about two and a half hours ago. The last hundred posts came in 12 minutes.
Wow you can understand 2ch? Are you that fluent in Japanese?
Yeah, I have to avoid futaba as well, I don't want to accidently see a screenshot. >_<

Btw I was planning to sub ep16 as soon as I can get my hands on a raw.
Let me know if someone else was planning to do it so 2+ people aren't scrambling over the same episode.
Simoun RAWs are tricky, sometimes I see them by monday night, but other times it's tuesday morning or later... hopefully the booming popularity influences its up speed.
wowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 15:02   Link #933
fignae
floofer. floof.

I have taken to closing my eyes to avoid spoilers. This is scary.

Spoiler for one last ep 15 issue, feels like years ago:

The raw might be late this time, as the Chinese group can't be as fast. Let's hope some enthusiastic fan fishes one out of Japan.

As for the first radio show: the website is sometimes down.
Old 2006-07-17, 16:07   Link #934
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. radio show. www.onsen.ag, the internet radio site, had the wrong link posted yesterday, but it's okay today. The file is on tokyotosho and datorrents now.

2. raw. It has appeared in cyberspace, but not bt yet. If I'm allowed to say such things.

3. Please carry on, wowo. I for one have no plans to translate this one.

4. The song of the migrants.... I wouldn't mind seeing a new government in Kyuukoku, but their traditional way of dealing with gender seems as if it's better than in Shoukoku, at least. I'd certainly rather see an internal reform than an external conquest.

5. 2channel. I'm far from fluent in Japanese. I don't understand everything on 2channel, but I can get some basic idea from most posts. Not well enough to be confident of a translation, though. It's so colloquial, and has a number of odd ways of expressing things. But I like those odd ways, like using the counting character 乙 (it means "second" and is pronounced "otsu") for "otsukare-sama deshita" to thank the person who starts a thread for their work. I like the way Simoun posters will write instead 乙のリ・マージョン "Thanks-for-Your-Work Rimaajon", and how they have invented various kinds of rimaajon, humorous and otherwise. And they've posted ascii art of that 乙 kanji as if it were the shape of a rimaajon. The English Wikipedia article has some of the special words 2channel uses, and links to sites that explain more in Japanese. But I was slightly spoiled for this episode by seeing one rimaajon they posted.
Spoiler for ep16:
Old 2006-07-17, 16:10   Link #935
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Raw is coming soon.

^_^
Old 2006-07-17, 16:55   Link #936
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Raw is out...

Spoiler for episode 16:
Old 2006-07-17, 18:36   Link #937
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Wowo, go ahead for ep 16 trsl.
Thank you for getting on it early.

Downloading the raw from Tokyo Toshokan.
It seems Yun begins to appear in the opening.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 19:18   Link #938
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Raw is out...

Spoiler for episode 16:

oh no!

Spoiler:
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 19:33   Link #939
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Raw is out...

Spoiler for episode 16:
May I remind Stark about Mai-Otome. If you don't see the actual body there is no death.
Old 2006-07-17, 19:57   Link #940
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep16, Dominura, Rimone:

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri