AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 20:39   Link #1201
chikkychappy

i don't give a rat's ass about censorship, tbh. i just want something well-made and engaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
I've been following this thread for ages and I saw it was time to join and bring more activity here.

First things first, I'm mainly on the manga side. I've read the manga before the new series has started and now I'm up to the Chimera Ant arc, and no I don't read scanlations and I save it all to the official volumes.

Second, I'm on the side of the new series. If it wasn't for the remake, I would watch the original. But after reading negative views on it and how it contradicts the manga a lot, I decided to follow the more faithful adaptation.

More to come in the future.
1. the 2011 fans are blowing the changes the 1999 series made out-of-proportion. likewise, there are 1999 fans who are quite unfair to the new series.
2. yes, the 2011 series is more faithful in adapting the contents of the manga
3. but the 1999 series is better-made and more engaging and the director is much more competent than koujina
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 20:50   Link #1202
Funkatron
Highly irregular

So which came first: Kastro's Tiger fist of Yamcha's Wolf Fanf Fist?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 22:23   Link #1203
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

pretty good episode, the glitter actually looks like splatter when no in slow mo, very faithfull to the manga, but it kinda made the figth slower, and the explanation of hisokas power was done very good, specially since it didnt bore me who already knew about it, other good thing is the new Bgm, its very suitable with the now more serios feel of the series.
Old 2012-05-21, 15:28   Link #1204
bbsbwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
1. the 2011 fans are blowing the changes the 1999 series made out-of-proportion. likewise, there are 1999 fans who are quite unfair to the new series.
2. yes, the 2011 series is more faithful in adapting the contents of the manga
3. but the 1999 series is better-made and more engaging and the director is much more competent than koujina
1) You had it in reverse, don't make it like there's only a few unfair voices from the 1999 fans. It's other way around: it's the 1999 fans who first trashes the new series and over glorified the old series that started to get on people's nerve. They drown out even the boards where it's mainly newcomers to the series and the newbies started to complain why the 1999 fans always have to come in and rant about how much superior the old version is. People then re-examined the old series vs the new one vs the manga, and knocked the 1999 version off the pedestal. The 2011 version won fans slowly.

I remember haters even trashed Gon and Mito's hand sign at the 2011 ver, when in fact it's a nice endearing reference to a detail in the manga. The 1999 fans were so vicious that they called 2011 series worthless, shouldn't be made and should just get cancelled, and if the other person is right, there're people like you and others like to claim that 1999 series is better than the original source materials. I can never understand that.

3) I don't think the 1999 ver is better made nor more engaging. Too many fillers, too moralistic and melodramatic for my taste.

Last edited by bbsbwk; 2012-05-21 at 20:35.
bbsbwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 15:52   Link #1205
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsbwk View Post
I remember haters even trashed Gon and Mito's hand sign at the 2011 ver, when in fact it's a nice endearing reference to a detail in the manga.
And the detail in question is:

Spoiler for Minor Chimera Ants arc spioler:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 21:30   Link #1206
chikkychappy

Quote:
I remember haters even trashed Gon and Mito's hand sign at the 2011 ver, when in fact it's a nice endearing reference to a detail in the manga. The 1999 fans were so vicious that they called 2011 series worthless, shouldn't be made and should just get cancelled,
that's why i said there ARE people who are unfair to the new series and never gave it a chance (i myself do not understand some of their complaints, especially regarding censorship). but there are people who aren't. and let's not be saintly here: there ARE also extremes among the 2011 fanbase, fans who pretend that each change by the 1999 series is sacrilege and who get over-defensive at each sign of criticism against madhouse.

anyway, it seems like you automatically lumped me with the mindless bashers simply because i said i prefer the 1999 series. look at my posting history and see if i have unfairly criticized the new series. in fact, i even had posts defending it. it's just my honest opinion that the 1999 series is easily better, so it grates me that there are people here unfairly tearing it apart and in fact are as guilty of bias as the "rabid 1999 fans" they so despised.

i will continue to give my comments on recent episodes and will not stop reiterating how i find the 1999 series MUCH superior (so far). deal with it.

Quote:
and if the other person is right, there're people like you and others like to claim that 1999 series is better than the original source materials. I can never understand that.
and how is this unbelievable?

of course i'd hold the manga superior in terms of facts and cannonness. but there's nothing wrong with preferring the of EXECUTION of an adaptation over the original

Last edited by chikkychappy; 2012-05-22 at 06:27.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 05:22   Link #1207
SHINOBI-03

A little trivia. As you may have noticed, they don't address Wing as "Sensei" 先生, they address him as "Shihandai" 師範代. Shihandai translates to "assistant instructor", while "Sensei" is translated as "Teacher" or "Doctor".
Old 2012-05-22, 10:58   Link #1208
SHINOBI-03

Because it was praised a lot by the 1999 fans, I checked out Kurapika vs Hisoka fight.

Spoiler:

Last edited by SHINOBI-03; 2012-05-22 at 11:31.
Old 2012-05-22, 12:11   Link #1209
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Mreh, I thought the Kurapika/Hisoka fight in the 1999 version was one of the more boring fights, the only bright point being Hisoka being about to lose it (but then, I'm a fan of the batshit insane Hisoka).

But since accusations are being slung around here, I'll make my own opinion clear: I don't hate the 2011 version. Some changes I like, some changes I don't. Yes, as someone who grew up with the 1999 version I do tend prefer things from that version but the only thing I repeatedly find myself preferring the 1999 version is the sound department. Something few people here even mention.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 13:45   Link #1210
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

How much longer before this current arc ends? 3-5 more episodes?
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 13:49   Link #1211
NJZanDatsu

I think the arc will end at either episode 37 or 38.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 14:01   Link #1212
SHINOBI-03

If there's going to be a recap episode every 13 episodes, then episode 38 would be the last one.
Old 2012-05-22, 14:53   Link #1213
VnsFurs

This was a great episode and it's exactly what I wanted to see: the Kastro vs. Hisoka fight in its full glory.

I also liked that added bit with Killua talking to Gon at the end. It may have been filler but I thought it was a nice touch, same with Hisoka slapping his fake tattoo on the mirror as he passed it. That really helped to show how little he cares about being a part of the troupe.

It's going to be a long wait until next episode...
VnsFurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 14:55   Link #1214
SHINOBI-03

And just a heads up for 1999 HxH fans, No, Gon vs Hisoka is not the next episode.
Old 2012-05-22, 19:54   Link #1215
bbsbwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
And just a heads up for 1999 HxH fans, No, Gon vs Hisoka is not the next episode.
Lol i just read a fan complaining the new series toning down the 'adult' flirting scene into 'asking for dinner only'
bbsbwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 20:42   Link #1216
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsbwk View Post
Lol i just read a fan complaining the new series toning down the 'adult' flirting scene into 'asking for dinner only'
not that bad, theres a video on nico douga's chart of people complaining from the slow the figth with castro was to how uncute michi was, bashing too the cast os castro and the narrator of the figth, and what you mentioned.
Old 2012-05-22, 23:12   Link #1217
VnsFurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
not that bad, theres a video on nico douga's chart of people complaining from the slow the figth with castro was to how uncute michi was, bashing too the cast os castro and the narrator of the figth, and what you mentioned.
I guess it truly is impossible to please everyone.
VnsFurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 00:45   Link #1218
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

heres the video for those with a nico account.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17880714
it serves as a video comparison of the too.
Old 2012-05-23, 04:35   Link #1219
moncikoma

already read the manga...but somehow i forgot the whole story....haha

and watching this show...

and its FUN TO WATCH!

i love all Yoshihiro Togashi works! what a geniusss!
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 14:23   Link #1220
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hisoka doesn't give a damn! No damn whatsoever!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen