Closed Thread

Old 2017-03-16, 00:42   Link #201
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Also this:
People are never gonna stop using this comparison are they, despite the fact that the Scott Ryder image used is outdated, i.e. it's not the one they're using for the Character Kit anymore.

Also I've seen some people do at least nice looking characters with the CC, such as in the thumbnail of this video:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2017-03-16, 00:59   Link #202
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Spoiler for timeline:
Old 2017-03-16, 02:06   Link #203
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Pretty sure they chose to have them leave for Andromeda before the events of ME3 because that way the ending of ME3 doesn't have to matter in any way.
Old 2017-03-16, 02:09   Link #204
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Pretty sure they chose to have them leave for Andromeda before the events of ME3 because that way the ending of ME3 doesn't have to matter in any way.
Yeah, but it seems like they have already made continuity errors because of that, or things that make little sense considering the state of the galaxy and politics when they left. At least from what I can remember of ME2 and 3.
Old 2017-03-16, 04:37   Link #205
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Currently downloading the Origin Access 10 hour trial right now, so I'll try to give some impression of the game when it finishes.
Old 2017-03-16, 05:33   Link #206
Sacredus

YouTube
They deliberately make them look bad.

Last edited by Sacredus; 2017-03-16 at 06:33.
Old 2017-03-16, 05:48   Link #207
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well, that is 8 minutes of my life I will never get back.
Old 2017-03-16, 06:42   Link #208
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Currently downloading the Origin Access 10 hour trial right now, so I'll try to give some impression of the game when it finishes.
FYI can play when it gets to 42% on the DL with no issues.

I'm running it on ultra, and other than a grainy filter over everything (what is the obsession with that filter these days?), the character creation looks fine when in motion. Even the presets don't look as bad as they do in screenshots (that filter is really fucking stupid). There is no option for eye brows though, for some reason, you just have to go with a preset that has one you like and roll with it.

I found an option that changes texture compression or something, I forget now, from 32bit to 64bit, which by default was set to 32bit. It wasn't in the graphic settings, but the other option, where you select resolution and so on.

Spoiler for less than five minutes with cusomisation:
Old 2017-03-16, 06:58   Link #209
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Spoiler for less than five minutes with cusomisation:
And this supposed to look good?
Old 2017-03-16, 07:18   Link #210
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
And this supposed to look good?
It's not as bad people are crying over when you see it in game (and not compounding that filter and screenshot compression) and I spent less than 5 minutes looking at options, but whatever I don't care anymore. I'm more annoyed about the filter I mentioned, since it appears somewhat inconsistently in cut scenes.
Old 2017-03-16, 08:49   Link #211
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Having done about 30min with the game...

The character creator is very different once you're in game. True enough there's a bit of weird anatomical disproportions in the creator but once in the game it looks proper. Don't know why. I fiddled a bit with the creator, which has more options than with the first 3, but I ended up settling with default male Ryder since he looked good enough in game.

On the technical side, Frostbite looks great for its age. It's not UE4 but it's very consistent and stable. My only minor quibble is some screen tearing during cutscenes like VSync was off, however as was mentioned above that option to change frame buffers to 64 bit from 32 bit (32 seems to be default) eliminated the graphical issues altogether. All in all ME has never looked this good.

Gonna post more later and after work. I'm playing on High @ 1080 so I wanna test Ultra @ 1080 later.
Old 2017-03-16, 11:02   Link #212
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well 3 hours in and probably about to hit the wall of the single player before official release day.

Combat is very fluid and the AI isn't as dumb as what some initial impressions say. That said, the bullets and the skills lack some of the oomph impact their counterparts had in the previous games. I assume it's more of being at the start so as the game goes along I guess we'll start having the more heavy hitting combat.

My only real complaint is probably the lack of snap on cover. The cover system is more like in the first game where here Ryder and the crew just hide behind cover as opposed to how Shepard literally has his back to them. It feels less organic in firefights compared to the first 3.

Control wise it's very fluid with the movement and the increased verticality with being able to jump, which adds a very distinct sense of altitude differences in combat without making the need to take height into consideration all the time.

Also... yeah you kinda need to scan everything in the field now like DA:I, which is slightly annoying.
Old 2017-03-16, 17:14   Link #213
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's been lots of signs of them half-assing it. Movement animations look awful, facial expressions are awful, there's literally one point where a human walks behind a krogan and flat out disappears; you even see the visible leg suddenly not there anymore.

Hope the story balances it out for all of you still eager for this.
Old 2017-03-16, 18:30   Link #214
Sacredus

YouTube
Comparisons to Witcher 3 were just overkill
Old 2017-03-18, 07:28   Link #215
videoman190

Last edited by videoman190; 2017-03-18 at 14:26.
Old 2017-03-18, 19:44   Link #216
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Meh, I'll let this backdoor drama sort itself out, it has no bearing on how I'll be playing anyway.

Hence, I'm more interested in watching what people actually do with the game, like this.

Damnit, 5 more days for me ;-;

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2017-03-19, 05:49   Link #217
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Can we please not talk about SJW's and feminists and gamergate in this thread?

Also, for more on topic things:

YouTube

If the game can look that nice at Low settings, I think I can afford to set it to that if my rig proves to not be powerful enough, though hopefully that won't be the case.

Old 2017-03-19, 09:53   Link #218
LKK

Thread closed.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Closed Thread

Tags
rpg, sci-fi