AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-10-20, 16:00   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

My biggest question is that since it is half-handheld, are they still going to have a handheld console? I do hope so and I still wonder how long they will stick with the 3DS before moving on to the next one, if they are still going to have a handheld.

It looks like the trailer didn't have a price? I heard $300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Why would you put in effort to radically change something people generally like?
DS: Yeah
Wii: Why?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 17:52   Link #22
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

If they port all the AAA Wii U games to the Switch with new content and DLC, I'll definitely get one.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 18:41   Link #23
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
My biggest question is that since it is half-handheld, are they still going to have a handheld console? I do hope so and I still wonder how long they will stick with the 3DS before moving on to the next one, if they are still going to have a handheld.

It looks like the trailer didn't have a price? I heard $300.
I believe Nintendo mentioned to shareholders recently that eh would be focusing on a single console (the NX) going forward so I reckon that the 3DS is on the way out as well.
Old 2016-10-20, 20:22   Link #24
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I got the ds 2 years ago now they going to give it up...Bull.
Old 2016-10-20, 20:37   Link #25
Freeter
beyond

Rather curious about that Splatoon bit. Notice how they weren't using the Joy-Cons? Unless we're going back to Wii shovelware I doubt those things will see much individual usage.

The battery life better be at least four hours minimum. If it's like the Wii U Gamepad kiss the portable aspect goodbye.

No Mario Maker port? Might be a sign that the tablet doesn't sport a touchscreen. Come on Nintendo, find a way to get that game onto the system.
Old 2016-10-20, 20:39   Link #26
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
If that's the case, there's an extensive backlog of games that you can play. Literally a decade worth of games you can play on the thing. DS games aren't being made as much anymore, anyway, so I don't see the problem. Unless you meant 3DS...
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 21:10   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
1. No one knows if they are going to give it up
2. It was your decision to buy a console that wasn't released yesterday
3. You can still buy games for that console
4. The DS was released like, over a decade ago.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2016-10-20, 22:15   Link #28
Chosen_Hero

Developers Respond to Nintendo Switch http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/...ntendo-switch?

Well, history does repeats itself.
Old 2016-10-20, 22:27   Link #29
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm looking forward to Squeenix re-releasing every dragon quest game on the Switch and possibly adding things like the BD series.

And... the good news is that this should make Nintendo to have much less of an excuse to not create console pokemon games like coloseum and gale of darkness. The same should apply to other franchise spin-offs as well lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 23:31   Link #30
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That being said, they ought to be quick about revealing the battery life, specs and region-free/lock.
About that....

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/789289178684981248

Quote:
Nintendo: no more official announcement would come this year on 1) game titles 2) spec details, including region-lock status.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 23:39   Link #31
Psyco Diver

Here I thought they were going to go VR and try to revive the Wii craze
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 23:40   Link #32
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Here I thought they were going to go VR and try to revive the Wii craze
There is no reviving the "Wii craze", because those people were casuals who have moved over to smartphone and tablet gaming. They're not coming back.
Old 2016-10-21, 00:33   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I just don't get it...They held back so long that basically everything we found out today was already leaked months ago.

Unless they know they are overpricing it or have a major problem that will hurt interest (which kills them no matter what)...tell people! Create some darn interest! Give some basic information.

They seemingly haven't come that far from when they announced the Wii U...showed off some demo videos and never showed the darn machine! They've only slightly advanced in that this time we got to see what it looks like.
Old 2016-10-21, 00:44   Link #34
Shadow5YA

Nintendo being so stubborn about keeping quiet is also probably why all those third parties can't give specifics either.

I don't understand it either... why show it off just to say you're not going to talk about it?
Old 2016-10-21, 02:30   Link #35
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Nintendo being so stubborn about keeping quiet is also probably why all those third parties can't give specifics either.

I don't understand it either... why show it off just to say you're not going to talk about it?
Because of Christmas, and NDAs. It's not just Nintendo putting a gag order on its partners, but also those partners holding back secrets of their own. That's why the PR answers are so close in wording. Still, you see Bethesda and Rockstar games in the trailer....that's already a big shift from the Wii U. I'm honestly not worried about support.

For specifics we'll probably get a blowout in January, probably toward the end, with preorders opening up immediately after the announcements.

As someone incredibly curious about the details, I'll admit the teaser was a small letdown. But I've waited this long....a few more months aren't the end of the world. There's plenty of games this holiday season anyway.

And yes, I'm buying one at launch. Yay tax season!
Old 2016-10-21, 03:11   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Not much difference for me on when they announce whatever. It's not like knowing anything about it before launch day makes any importance. It'd be nice if they didn't region lock it though. No offense to the English VAs, but I'd prefer listening to Lucina and Palutena's JP voices when I fight them in Smash Bros. ...That's all.

Old 2016-10-21, 04:20   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

My biggest question is whether it's backwards compatible

Only because I didn't get a Wii u
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 04:34   Link #38
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

It's a completely different architecture, so no. But Nintendo will definitely port a good chunk of the library over, I'm sure.
Old 2016-10-21, 04:34   Link #39
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
My biggest question is whether it's backwards compatible

Only because I didn't get a Wii u
No, it uses carts. Wii U uses discs. It's also a single screen experience (Wii U is two screens) and we've yet see any confirmation of a touch screen.

The Mario Kart and Splatoon games on show in the first look appear to be enhanced versions of Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon Wii U, though. Switch Mario Kart has playable King Boo and 2-items (like in Double Dash) but is otherwise identical to 8, Switch Splatoon has a new map and new hairstyles for the squids (official Japanese Splatoon twitter account even brought attention to this).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 04:35   Link #40
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
SEGA and Nintendo have been great partners over the years, and we continue to with our support of the Nintendo Switch. We look forward to revealing specific game plans soon, but have nothing further to announce at this time.
Reading something like this still manages to confuse me, guess I'm old.