AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2004-10-05, 01:57   Link #1
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

http://www.nanoha.com/

Watching the raw right now, basing on episode 1 so far looks very interesting, it's mahou shoujo but somewhat darker with an RPG element in the begining. The character design kinda reminds me of Triangle Heart ~sweet song forever~, and I swear Nanoha's older brother and sister looks just like the main characters in Triangle Heart and they were practicing kendo. Maybe coincidence? ^^

The story so far introducting of the characters around Nanoha and how Nanoha become a mahou shoujo. Cannot tell yet where this series going. Somewhat serious and light hearted. Another interesting part is the animation. It's quite fluid. Specially the 2nd half of the episode. It was quite amazed when they were animating Nanoha family coversation during dinner.

Gona look forward for episode 2. ^^

Spoiler for screenshots ep 1:

Last edited by Secca; 2004-10-05 at 03:45.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 02:06   Link #2
Spuffy
オウカ~

These kinds of shows are not really my thing, but I kind of liked the animation. I wasn't that fond of the character designs in Triangle Heart, and the same goes for this one. But it's not going to hurt trying a few more eps of it.
I really liked the "BE QUIET" though, that one got me.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 02:30   Link #3
sarcasteak
WAHA~

The character designs for all the non-loli don't really appeal to me, but I kinda like the main character so I'll stick with it. Oh, and haven't seen you for a while, Secca. ^^
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 03:01   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
The character designs for all the non-loli don't really appeal to me, but I kinda like the main character so I'll stick with it. Oh, and haven't seen you for a while, Secca. ^^
Lol yeah just got back from vacation after finals, so been busy taking care of real life stuffs. Need alot of catching up in animes, alot of new series. ^^ And I just finished watching this one, it looks interesting for a mahou shoujo. I really tought that this series maybe has connection with Triangle Heart story, but maybe it just me. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 04:01   Link #5
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Lol yeah just got back from vacation after finals, so been busy taking care of real life stuffs. Need alot of catching up in animes, alot of new series. ^^ And I just finished watching this one, it looks interesting for a mahou shoujo. I really tought that this series maybe has connection with Triangle Heart story, but maybe it just me. ^^
You are right, it 'is' a spinoff of Triangle Heart.
Old 2004-10-05, 12:43   Link #6
^danshi^
running bear

I'm looking forward to seeing this fansubbed. *cough cough*
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 14:37   Link #7
JaXter
-=Anime Lover=-

damn this looks strangely alot like Shamanic Princess lolz
JaXter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 15:01   Link #8
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Triad will be subbing this, so we can expect a garde A job hopefully they do one of those extra-special endings for this aswell ^_^

I've been awaiting this series since I first heard news of it.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 20:14   Link #9
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

For some reason this reminds me a bit of Cloud Captor Sakura... probably just because of Nanoha's staff.

AnimeNFO says that this indeed is a spinoff of Triangle Hearts ~Sweet Songs Forever~.

Another interesting bit is that the main character and her family share the same family name as the two siblings in Triange Hearts.

EDIT: Nevermind, those two siblings, Kyoya and Miyuki ARE the same ones in this anime. I wonder how Triangle Hearts and this is connected, maybe the earlier years? Who knows.
Old 2004-10-18, 10:45   Link #10
KoopaTroopa

I was just wondering...did any group pick this one up??
KoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 14:04   Link #11
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaTroopa
I was just wondering...did any group pick this one up??
I'm pretty sure at least one group is working on it as we speak.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 18:13   Link #12
wigaboya
The Killer.

Location: Somewhere in the northern hemisphere of a planet called Earth.
Yaay! Finally a series with...

I've been waiting for this one for quite a while and was just wondereing if it was gonna be released here. Well, From what's posted here, I guess it is going to be released, so I am happy!

I am happy because Nanoha is...
Since I didn't like Pita-Ten that much...

Last edited by wigaboya; 2004-10-18 at 18:26.
wigaboya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 18:30   Link #13
wigaboya
The Killer.

Location: Somewhere in the northern hemisphere of a planet called Earth.
Nanoha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
AnimeNFO says that this indeed is a spinoff of Triangle Hearts ~Sweet Songs Forever~.

Another interesting bit is that the main character and her family share the same family name as the two siblings in Triange Hearts.

EDIT: Nevermind, those two siblings, Kyoya and Miyuki ARE the same ones in this anime. I wonder how Triangle Hearts and this is connected, maybe the earlier years? Who knows.
I looked it up on the internet really quick. Nanoha is originally a Triangle Hearts character. I'm not sure about the original games, but she's in the OVA series. Here's a screenshot from the OVA.

http://www.th-rstage.com/_gallery/_th3_ova3/122/122.htm

Last edited by wigaboya; 2004-10-18 at 18:47.
wigaboya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 08:56   Link #14
LK_LoA

Nanoha needs someone to be her 'Tomoyo'. XD
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 10:32   Link #15
Kensuke

First episode is out! Thank you Triad! Downloading...
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 11:43   Link #16
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Yep, Triad's finally finished episode 1~ Such pretty art, good OP song, etc. Don't be turned off by the name, it really is good ... The name makes it sound really bad, but it strangely has a good plot and stuff and yeah T_T! Expect episodes 2-3 soon~
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 18:07   Link #17
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I really like this show its VERY cute. I LOVE the character designs...there is nothing not wrong or not to like 0_o. Shamanic Princess was a really bad anime IMO 0_o. And as for Cardcaptor Sakura only thing that looks the same are the wings on her feet (the jump card).
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 18:56   Link #18
Caern

I had high hopes for this one, its got cute designs and great aninimation.That dinner scene, the way the characters hair moved as they talked was very cool.
But... , its got these weird panty flashes and total nude transformation sequence, of a nine year old girl. I havn't seen a lot of magic girl anime, but I have seen some of Cardcapter Sakura and it wasn't like this. This series fails the "can I take it home and show the folks" test.
Caern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 20:32   Link #19
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caern
I had high hopes for this one, its got cute designs and great aninimation.That dinner scene, the way the characters hair moved as they talked was very cool. But... , its got these weird panty flashes and total nude transformation sequence, of a nine year old girl. I havn't seen a lot of magic girl anime, but I have seen some of Cardcapter Sakura and it wasn't like this. This series fails the "can I take it home and show the folks" test.

I did find it odd that they used such a transformation scene. The body isn't detailed so its almost like sailor moon. (in the last episode she is a nude angel for almost the whole episode). I didn't notice any emense amounts of panty shots tho 0_O. Cardcaptor Sakura does not have transformation scenes of clothing. I see what you mean, like this is aimed for girls right? or is it 0_O. But its cute ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 20:40   Link #20
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
well this anime seems to be a mix of CCS (cardcaptors) and triangle hearts +loli
animated characters. If you liked CCS ..you can like this anime
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote