AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-16, 17:52   Link #241
bakato

I predict meeting the creators will contribute to Souta's development. He's seems to have writer's block and getting advice from professional, established creators will help him get over it.
Old 2017-04-16, 18:40   Link #242
drawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
"I won't forgive him" is an angry statement, in my view.

Look, there's a lot to like about Re:Creators, and I get why people like it. And much of it I like myself. The core series concept is simply loaded with potential. And Celestia is outstanding so far.

...But Celestia's strength and appeal ties into why I'm disappointed with Mamika so far. Celestia appears to be a stand-in for fantasy (and maybe MMO!fantasy?) heroines. And Celestia already seems more compelling and likeable to me than most such characters in actual anime fantasy shows. She's a cut or two above what I'm use to seeing in these types of anime shows.

On the flip-side, Mamika comes across as a heedless simple-minded stupid fanatic, to be blunt about it. That's way below most mahou shoujo lead characters, including the PreCure ones from what I've seen of PreCure.

So already I'm seeing possible author bias red flags - possible biases in favor of some anime genres (fantasy, isekai, etc..) over others (mahou shoujo). And that sort of bias can seriously undermine a show like this one, in my opinion. And as a mahou shoujo fan, it just kinda sucks for the magical girl character to be so disappointing so far given how cool/likable the other fictional characters are so far.

Heck, even the video game last boss stand-in gets to come across as very cool and menacing, creating a great cliffhanger scene, and making me think some of Kefka and Sephiroth.
That may be because Celestia and Yuya are going to be on the same side that protects the creators while Mamika won't. The latest key visual depicts her Aliceteria, Blitz and Chikujoin vs Celestia, Meteora, Rui and Yuya. I don't think Mamika is going to get any better, but become more and more messed up, at least in this first half of the show. I guess they want a subversion of expectations where the character you think would be bad are good and vice versa, because Yuya protecting Celestia was never shown in the PVs.

I know in some magical girls shows for kids they heartbeam monsters of the week until they become good, but apparently in her world it's normal to beat up an innocent human female until they agree with you.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 18:53   Link #243
nicky.
animesuki

Yes, subversive is a good word to describe that.
Regardless, aren't most people watching this because of Celestia's breasts? lol
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 18:57   Link #244
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
in her world it's normal to beat up an innocent human female until they agree with you.
Not so. Mamiko was triked into thinking that Celestia was anything but innocent. There's also the fact that up untill now Mamiko's version of beating someone up was the real world equivalent of a slap upside the head while engulfed in birght lights: harmless.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 19:27   Link #245
nicky.
animesuki

Where are you guys getting these details from to fuel these elaborate conversations? Did you read the manga already, or I did just miss something in the episode?
Old 2017-04-16, 19:50   Link #246
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
Where are you guys getting these details from to fuel these elaborate conversations? Did you read the manga already, or I did just miss something in the episode?
There's no manga, just the power of pre-existant knowledge, different points of view and imagination at work.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 20:09   Link #247
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
This is anime-original, and this show deals a lot with anime staples and tropes, something that longtime anime-fans like most people here should know. So, many of us get the hints, jabs and other references of tropes they use without the characters needing to say it out loud like idiotic exposition-machines like in Heavy Object (even though Meteora really likes to "run her mouth", it was in her character). In other words, longtime anime-fans should be able to fill in some blanks and this kind of series is where their knowledge paid off, kinda like how tokusatsu fans did when watching Concrete Revolutio and to an extend Samurai Flamenco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Yōko Hikasa as Alisteria February, a noble's daughter who is in the employ of the protagonist of a fantasy epic manga and anime franchise titled "Alisteria of the Scarlet.""

Wait.. so she's not the protagonist, despite being the titular character?

That irritates me, a bit
Well, we also have Akame ga Kill where the main character is Tatsumi instead of Akame most of the time .
Old 2017-04-16, 20:30   Link #248
nicky.
animesuki

Ah ok. Yes, speculation/imagination is cool, I just wasn't sure.
I'm pretty new, but I think I have a bit of a grasp on some of the archetypes.
Old 2017-04-16, 20:36   Link #249
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Wait.. so she's not the protagonist, despite being the titular character?
You hardly have to look any further than the Legend of Zelda series for the most well-known example.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 20:55   Link #250
Key Board
Carbon

that's why it irritates me. It's somewhat of a staple.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 21:28   Link #251
bakato

Where the hell did these two girls sleep last night? alos, Can anyone explain how they contacted Celestia's creator?
Old 2017-04-16, 22:15   Link #252
Stro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Where the hell did these two girls sleep last night? alos, Can anyone explain how they contacted Celestia's creator?
They look the author of the light novel in the web and somehow they get his e-mail.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 22:15   Link #253
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
It looks like they just sent him an email.
Old 2017-04-16, 22:17   Link #254
nicky.
animesuki

Both good questions. I guess just plot conveniences? Lol. Hopefully we don't see that too much more going forward.
Old 2017-04-16, 22:23   Link #255
bakato

Also, Souta and Matsubara got out of the building pretty quickly.

Last edited by bakato; 2017-04-16 at 22:37.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 22:25   Link #256
Batknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
They look the author of the light novel in the web and somehow they get his e-mail.
I mean that's not too hard to do. Most authors have their emails up on their websites or personal blogs. Whether they actually see the email is another story but it's certainly not impossible.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 22:37   Link #257
bakato

Can anyone translate what the page with Selestia's picture said?
Old 2017-04-16, 22:40   Link #258
nicky.
animesuki

Being able to read Japanese writing would be useful at a time like this! lol
Old 2017-04-16, 22:51   Link #259
bakato

Damn Anime Strike. Damn Amazon.
Old 2017-04-16, 23:04   Link #260
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Where the hell did these two girls sleep last night?
You meant before Meteora & Celestia crashing on the Souta’s room? Well, they are magical people who can fly anywhere. If they aren’t picky, they can find a good outdoor (or maybe even indoor) spot to sleep that’s safe from curious people's eyes.

And others already touched on the email (or social media?) as a way to contact the author. Bonus point for Souta for attaching a photo of Celestia there to attract the author's attention even more.

Quote:
Also, Souta and Matsubara got out of the building pretty quickly.
I think they just skipped how they were going down & out of the building, especially since the show clearly has better and more urgent things to animate instead . Duration is money.

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning