AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-21, 11:40   Link #1041
magnuskn

Actually, she said in the first episode that she dislikes such clichés (but is willing to indulge in the to move the plot along). ^^
Old 2017-05-21, 12:20   Link #1042
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
It's a little more than that.

Spoiler for episode 7 internet drama:
It makes even less sense when the very thread itself calls World Etude (specifically, Altair herself) a 二次創作

After all, you don't rage at doujin, MAD makers and fanfic people for plagiarism/bootlegging do you? Makes it feel more like....her trying to submit work for professional creator review to join the industry or something and got heavily snubbed/ bullied by them instead. (like "how dare you approach us with THIS when you cannot make original stuff") Would explain why the thread replies are older than the actual video....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
That just means the thread is current as it is in the show November 2016.

Setsuna published World Etude on August 23, 2016. The same day she died and the meteorological agency detected the EM spike.

Images
Episode 1 and Episode 5 Timeline
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The threads are all commenting in June though..... before the vid was uploaded. That's interesting...
Old 2017-05-21, 12:54   Link #1043
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It makes even less sense when the very thread itself calls World Etude (specifically, Altair herself) a 二次創作

After all, you don't rage at doujin, MAD makers and fanfic people for plagiarism/bootlegging do you? Makes it feel more like....her trying to submit work for professional creator review to join the industry or something and got heavily snubbed/ bullied by them instead. (like "how dare you approach us with THIS when you cannot make original stuff") Would explain why the thread replies are older than the actual video....
Perhaps World Etude is a derivative work in that it uses Megalosphere as a base but is for all intents and purposes an original work, like a Log Horizon fanfic that uses the setting and story events but features almost entirely OCs. Altair is her Megalosphere OC but was discovered to be ripped off someone else's work, along with the music she used in her video(s).

The issue at hand is that Setsuna claimed both Altair and the music as her own creations, which they apparently weren't. She could be a repeat offender, enough that someone bothered to make a wiki to detail the whole mess.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 13:24   Link #1044
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Perhaps World Etude is a derivative work in that it uses Megalosphere as a base but is for all intents and purposes an original work, like a Log Horizon fanfic that uses the setting and story events but features almost entirely OCs. Altair is her Megalosphere OC but was discovered to be ripped off someone else's work, along with the music she used in her video(s).

The issue at hand is that Setsuna claimed both Altair and the music as her own creations, which they apparently weren't. She could be a repeat offender, enough that someone bothered to make a wiki to detail the whole mess.

However one of the comments on the wiki say it lacks citations.

Which is interesting as when the Creator team did a search there were no other matches to Altair.

Setsuna could be a victim of trolls making shit up.

It could be however as said Sota made her a sketch to work out on but some recognized Sota's style.

Sota didn't recognize Altair as she is so heavily modified from his original work. Sota probably closed all his artist accounts after Setsuna's death.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 19:28   Link #1045
SeaDoor

Well, I came out this episode feeling sorry for Mamika but at the same time was surprised that she is able to think on her own. Mamika's thinking is really in contrast to Alice's (so far) inability to control her head on charge into battle. I wonder if there might be some point being made by this show's writer regarding how well written a particular character was in their own story and how flexible their thought processes are under this show's circumstances. Well written characters have more depth to them and less well written characters are shallow and one dimensional.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 23:19   Link #1046
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Again internet trolls ruined everything, Altair should summoned Shishigami from Inuyashiki to hire him to slaughters those trolls behind black screen he is the best at this kind.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-21, 23:42   Link #1047
rantaid

i dunno, internet trolls is constant reminder that we still hasn't live in 1984 ..... or internet china-pdrk.

it is either internet trolls or sjw, the world we are living in.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 02:22   Link #1048
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Again internet trolls ruined everything, Altair should summoned Shishigami from Inuyashiki to hire him to slaughters those trolls behind black screen he is the best at this kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
i dunno, internet trolls is constant reminder that we still hasn't live in 1984 ..... or internet china-pdrk.

it is either internet trolls or sjw, the world we are living in.
yeah i really miss the 1990 to 2008 max 2010 where they where not so annoying or not existed as today, not only trolls but haters and the political correctness knights and feminazis(nothing against womans rights i complete support it but the "annoying type of that group is really bad) the 2010+ age started to bring many "hidden craps all over the world trhought internet, instead of help make peoples more close and friend is just being used to make more hate and anger between peoples.
Old 2017-05-22, 02:33   Link #1049
Key Board
Carbon

Setsuna is a victim of Japanese kiwifarm
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 21:24   Link #1050
Router25
World Connector. I think

So in short, cyberbullying?
Old 2017-05-22, 21:29   Link #1051
mickbis

Japanese anonymous internet society are very zealous... cyberbullying there is actually very extreme toward the victim I guess
Re:Creator overall theme is the jab toward the industry as a whole after all
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 21:52   Link #1052
Key Board
Carbon

it's a kind of intense cyber-bullying that is internally justified by the perpetrators because "she done something wrong, therefore she deserves it"

You see it in western fandom too.

Things would start start as a shipping war (a lot of things do!)
then someone would dig up the past of the of the parties involved and discovered that say...
OMG this person wrote an adult fiction about two fictional high school characters! they're minors!
now everyone would use this chance to jump on the hatewagon and destroy her, because she clearly deserves it, right?

In Setsuna's case , her crime seems to be that she was accused of tracing art
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-23, 03:17   Link #1053
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
Well, I came out this episode feeling sorry for Mamika but at the same time was surprised that she is able to think on her own. Mamika's thinking is really in contrast to Alice's (so far) inability to control her head on charge into battle. I wonder if there might be some point being made by this show's writer regarding how well written a particular character was in their own story and how flexible their thought processes are under this show's circumstances. Well written characters have more depth to them and less well written characters are shallow and one dimensional.
Your train of thought is correct. It is indeed a dark satire of the industry and other related underlying issues that are often neglected. You could go a step further and say its criticizing the fandom, only slightly. Such as fans sending death threats if their favorite ship sinks, or favorite character dies, story changes from expectation, etc.

Alice is very one dimensional, but authors are capable of changing their story as it goes on so that Alice's character becomes more in depth.
Old 2017-05-23, 06:04   Link #1054
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Alice is very one dimensional, but authors are capable of changing their story as it goes on so that Alice's character becomes more in depth.
That might be the point.
Note how Alice has already mentioned her world several times, such as the state it is in. Or even any other thing she speaks of.

In a series where many characters are showing different sides of themselves, Alice is still one dimensional...it might be on purpose.

So I'd say we can expect some character development for her in the nearby future...I hope
Old 2017-05-23, 15:47   Link #1055
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
That might be the point.
Note how Alice has already mentioned her world several times, such as the state it is in. Or even any other thing she speaks of.

In a series where many characters are showing different sides of themselves, Alice is still one dimensional...it might be on purpose.

So I'd say we can expect some character development for her in the nearby future...I hope
Note that Alice emphasized what she experienced was real. She couldn't accept that all the things she went through wasn't real to the Creators or gods.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-23, 16:13   Link #1056
RDNexus

To her, yes, of course it was all too real, and way too painful.
And given what she might have gone through, it may be too hard for her to accept that her reality was made up for the entertainment of others...

...Because, let us be honest, if such a thing were to be proved true in our reality, wouldn't it sound revolting?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-24, 06:29   Link #1057
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Some stories touch on this matter to some degree. iirc, there's one where halfway through, the characters discover they were forcefully summoned from their world to entertain a twisted god that was bored

Still, Re:Creators might be the first to make it its "core theme" and add a bit of a twist to it.
Old 2017-05-24, 12:13   Link #1058
xizro345
King's Justice

New episode PV:

xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-24, 18:16   Link #1059
Applehell

Now this pacing is more like it!

I really wish that Sota would just come clean about Altair already. There isn't much reason to hide this information especially when lives depend on it.

And looks like killing a Creator has no immediate adverse effects on the Creation. Well beyond the obivious fact that this effectively ends their story...
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-25, 09:59   Link #1060
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
New episode PV:

Title is "Everything I Can Do - I Chose This Way of Life".
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning