AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 56 47.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 27.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-28, 21:45   Link #361
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

A little compilation from episode 12 about... About... You'll like it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lefndDnsaNM
Old 2013-06-28, 21:49   Link #362
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
A little compilation from episode 12 about... About... You'll like it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lefndDnsaNM
At least Zone-Sama won't have to look far for sound effects
Old 2013-06-28, 23:47   Link #363
galdr

My mind is still recovering from shock lol.
When Cain goes Super Saiyan with aura and flying, I just lost my ****

Anyway, I think this episode really rushed. They should just get another episode or cut the opening and ending.
I meant Audrey was fighting in Ideal last episode and then he show up in the module suddenly.
Old 2013-06-29, 00:29   Link #364
cyberdemon

after watching the final episode i have a lot more questions then answers.

Cains said Haruto's group was the third generation. so which generation is him and the Dorssia and ARUS leaders? it may mean that even if they defeat those 3 there would be an entirely different generation of them to deal with.

I'm starting to think that maybe Cains did do the adjustments to his own group and he intended to have them become the pilots originally. based on this episode he invested a lot into L-Elf before his betrayal. and seeing as he sees L-Elf as his student it would make sense that eventualy L-Elf will steal VVVII away from him likely then completing the Golden Seven. The AI seems to hate Cains anyways. I could see it possibly taking a liking to someone else and rejecting Cains completely in the future.

Judging by the luxury that Saki seems to be living in, i don't think the Galactic Empire from the future came about from Dorssia winning but rather the Valvraves beat all the other sides and brought everyone together to form the empire. Possibly Saki fighting in the other flashforward was either because a group was rising against them.
Old 2013-06-29, 00:46   Link #365
Key Board
Carbon

I'm not sure if the third Galaxy Reich is the same as Saki's country
However, the future segments does seem to imply that the old world Magius influence have waned

Actually now that I think of it, the future segments confirmed that mankind has spread across the galaxy, and Earth is very far away.

In the present times they only have a few dyson sphere colonies. That's a far cry from being "galactic"

I think we don't even have a FIRST Galaxy Reich yet.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-29, 01:02   Link #366
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm not sure if the third Galaxy Reich is the same as Saki's country
However, the future segments does seem to imply that the old world Magius influence have waned

Actually now that I think of it, the future segments confirmed that mankind has spread across the galaxy, and Earth is very far away.

In the present times they only have a few dyson sphere colonies. That's a far cry from being "galactic"

I think we don't even have a FIRST Galaxy Reich yet.

//
Episode 1 said that the 3rd Galactic Reich started that year, so it has to be the 3rd. The first and second probably happened in the past in some other form, much like the 3rd Reich of history. Also, we can gather for what Saki said in the beginning of Ep. 12 that they don't use modules anymore. So, I'm wondering if they found another sort of space colony on which to live, or do they live on distant planets and moons?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-29, 01:04   Link #367
Key Board
Carbon

ok, you're right

still it seems weird to call yourself a galactic empire when I see no evidence of them having escaped the solar system yet

pompous space Illuminati bastards
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-29, 03:17   Link #368
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Three generations of vampires. Three Galactic Reiche. Looks like the humans weren't leading the first two.
Old 2013-06-29, 03:18   Link #369
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
Spoiler for Speculation and possible explanation:
Holy crap what if Haruto became a o.s. and the promise Saki made is to make him have a physical body again ?

Think about it the Blue o.s. said filthy humans before fighting implying he is a vampire. Being a older brother means he either belongs to the first or 2nd generation.Vivi could be the 2nd or 3rd generation which means she is weaker by vampire law...Well they are fudged.

Cain was talking in his vampire language more so to be nothing short of terrifying, and probably had nothing to do with triggering his powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
My point is, that wasn't at all the mindset of L-Elf that was being conveyed. He spent a lot of the episode being very annoyed and having no plan for dealing with Cain. In fact, he didn't seem to care at all that Cain attacked. One of the first times he even mentions it is when Haruto suggests a way to deal with it. That's what I'm referring to. I didn't get the impression that his character even belonged in this episode beyond getting his ass kicked by Cain. Edit: To put it into better words, he pretty much just reacted to what was happening this episode.

It had nothing to do with his poker face even being too strong. There was just no internal monologue supporting what he should have been feeling right now. L-Elf's character in this episode is as follows: "You want to do what? Good idea!" "Oh no, Cain is stronger than me! So mean!"

Edit: By the way, why does the voice for V-tan sound so familiar? I feel like I've heard that "onii-chan!" before somewhere...
L-elf was never that smart to me actually he is pretty freaking stupid and only smart because the plot calls for it and people accept it because he looks cool. L-elf is pretty much a excuse for Cain to temporarily loose and draw out the series. I have a counter plan to the guy who thought me everything and the guy who can completely out smart me and hand me my ass won't see me countering his plan till episode 11...a lot of P.I.S there.

No really what was stopping Cain exactly from stealing a valrave in episode one. Was I the only one going the whole series we get it you were not really one upped by L-efl, Cain you have a plan now go freaking steal a Valrave so we can get some even fights the one sided fights are boring us...No really Cain we get it your just toying with them now please steal a Valrave or 2 already.

Actually the fact that he knew how the valraves work is more insulting, at first I thought Cain could just pilot Valraves and was not that different from Haruto. Now we find out he is pretty much a ssj vampire. Why didn't they use the restraining gear or over heating trick before all the valraves activated. Unless the plot calls for Cain wanting to let them become vampires in the later episode all the earlier ep battles become a complete ass pull to draw things out, Or maybe it was due to ego he seemed pretty pissed to have to use his powers.

Why did they even ever pull back their units they had them completely out numbered by 100 to 1 and did not have to fight on a time limit. They figured out the plan guys ok I am completely incapable of coming up with a new plan and have no back up plan they are worn out and we still out number a 100-1 and can always call more units over but lets just retreat let them rest and learn from their battle experience.

Even if it is because Cain wants a small number of people to know about the valraves and capture them and only have his vampire org have access to them why is not a single soldier question his battle decisions.

Let me just play a soldier under Cain in the 3rd or 4th battle. Cain they destroyed the capture unit should we just send a few more out.Cain no we must retreat, But Cain we out number them by a 100-1 and can just call in back up. No I insist we must retreat...But Cain we are using like 5% of are total army they fight on a time limit and are running out of energy can't we just call over at least 20% of the main force and overwhelm them and stall for time till reinforcements get here.Cain I insist we must retreat trust me...Me ok boss.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-06-29 at 03:58.
Old 2013-06-29, 05:24   Link #370
galdr

I just noticed the resign from humanity deal doesn't show up in VVV 2 screen plus Cain doesn't get bitten.
I guess he already piloted VVV2 before. Kinda odd for the older brother to be VVV2 while the little sister is VVV1 though...

200 years timeskip give me some headache. There are obviously Valvrave raven symbol in the mansion yet Carmilla have different symbol in the previous timeskip.
Old 2013-06-29, 05:28   Link #371
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by galdr View Post
I just noticed the resign from humanity deal doesn't show up in VVV 2 screen plus Cain doesn't get bitten.
I guess he already piloted VVV2 before. Kinda odd for the older brother to be VVV2 while the little sister is VVV1 though..
L Elf said it's unoperational
Old 2013-06-29, 05:31   Link #372
~BC~

L-Elf was wrong remember. That's why he ended up pulling his hair.
Old 2013-06-29, 05:39   Link #373
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
L-Elf was wrong remember. That's why he ended up pulling his hair.
He wasn't cause from the very start it's incomplete and the valvrave was really unoperational. It only worked when it was manned by Cain and installed with an AI--Blue.
Old 2013-06-29, 05:51   Link #374
~BC~

It wasn't a matter of it being incomplete. It just needed it's key.

Also Takumi thought it should be able to move because it was numbered. It's easy to see how L-Elf would make a mistake when a guy closer to the project than he couldn't figure it out.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:00   Link #375
galdr

If it just need a key, I assume the Valvrave won't let Cain pilot it until it sign on the resigning humanity deal.
Though I guess its possible Plu/Blue can bypass it.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:06   Link #376
~BC~

Maybe. Or it could be like you suggested and he's already registered to that machine which is why he had Plu's crystal. They seem to have a history from the way Cain spoke to him.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-06-29 at 07:09.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:25   Link #377
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
He wasn't cause from the very start it's incomplete and the valvrave was really unoperational. It only worked when it was manned by Cain and installed with an AI--Blue.
This is indeed the clear case. Unit 02 was most certainly not operational under normal circumstances and this is likely a direct result of not having an AI installed. It seems likely that Unit 01 and Unit 02 are units built prior to making the technology not require AIs, evidenced by the latter units which have none.

Chances are this is the reason why it wasn't necessary for Cain to "give up his humanity," seeing as he's already done so and him and Blue are already acquainted.

The big question here is whether or not Unit 02 was actually incomplete or if it's the Zeong supposed to have no limbs and actually was intended to operate as shown.

So does this make V-tan Red?
Old 2013-06-29, 06:41   Link #378
~BC~

He thought Cain couldn't pilot it for whatever reason. Cain piloted it. Seems pretty clear to me.

Any speculation the characters have made so far, regarding the Valvraves, may not be completely reliable as this episode shows.
Old 2013-06-29, 07:14   Link #379
Fjoergyn

is the entity that chooses the pilot and compatibility is unnecessary. Only the sensei was wrong in their research
Old 2013-06-29, 10:36   Link #380
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

lol, so that shadow was his brother.

that onii-chan thing was the OS, although I'm confused. it was said that unit 01 is the only unit that has vvv-tan, but then how do the other units operate?

they presented more questions than answers this episode. Definitely looking forward to season 2!
Closed Thread