4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-02-18, 01:17   Link #61
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Sei and Reiji have the Build Gundam Mk.2 for just the reason you describe, and they did in fact use it in the preliminaries while they repaired the Star Build Strike from the damage it received against Luang Dallara in the baseball match. And the Renato Brothers have been shown to use multiple Gunpla in the tournament, from the Hygogg to the BuCUE Tank to the GM K9.

As to why people stick to just one armament and gunpla for the most part, it comes down to two things: cost and sentimentality. Maintaining multiple Gunpla in a sport where they can be destroyed should be expensive, let alone maintaining custom Gunpla with custom parts. Two, most people stick to one model rather than spreading out due to familiarity.

The closest analogue Gunpla Battle has in real life is something like Robot Wars, where competitors scratchbuild motorized robots for battle, and most of the time they also stick to just their single model of robots and its weapons set, rather than fashioning a lot of weapons and lots of robots.
Can't be that expensive to add a bazooka or a 90mm machine gun or even a heat axe right?

I just found this battle to be kinda "meh" compared to the other battles. They could've used some tactics and such rather than "punch" this and "punch" that.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 03:05   Link #62
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Man, it's not even a good martial art contest. Just 2 units punching each other's fist and seeing who can transfer more damage internally.

This Sengoku Astray match paled in comparison to the one that fought Tallgeese. The sheer terrain-transforming power of the previous fight makes it seem as if Nils was holding back in this round. You would have thought that someone nicknamed Early Genius and Samurai Boy would be able to demonstrate a battle of both wits and skills.

Speaking of wits, the way he negotiated with Baker made his motivation too obvious, I won't even call it an intellectual contest.

And then we have Mr Star Build Strike, who despite all the matches he has been in and witnessed, have nothing new to show us. Sei/Reiji is the perfect rival for Meijin, straightforward no-tactic, all-skill brawl.

At least Sei didn't need to repair his shield this round, that'll come in handy against Aila.

If I can change something in this episode, I'll make it such that Sengoku Astray swings its katana at Star Build Strike and Star Build manage to catch the blade using 2 fingers, before breaking the blade...
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 08:07   Link #63
abc0716

Quite agree with others that Nils vs. Sei & Reiji is not intense as previous Gunpla matches. Even the very first match between Sasaki & Sei is better than this (Gyan vs. Wing Gundam).

Also, can't wait for next week's episode, OreImoGunpla match between KyousukeFellini and AyaseAila!!
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 09:12   Link #64
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
OreImoGunpla match between KyousukeFellini and AyaseAila!!
Ayase will get her revenge all right.
Spoiler for Revenge!:
Old 2014-02-18, 10:04   Link #65
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Also, can't wait for next week's episode, OreImoGunpla match between KyousukeFellini and AyaseAila!!
Oh, sh**, they have the same voice actors! That totally blew over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoiler for Revenge!:
The image link is broken.
Old 2014-02-18, 10:17   Link #66
Galaxian

This episode's fight in a nutshell...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 12:34   Link #67
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post

Spoiler for Oreimo:
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 13:19   Link #68
Dark Wing

The main reason Nils lost is fairly simple he finally realized what fun was like. Before the time-out he was going from planning to more "I'm going to rip you a new one" after his beloved Astray was getting damaged.

So when the match resumed, Nils was more concerned with taking them out which is something he's never really felt before.
Old 2014-02-18, 18:27   Link #69
Frontier

A good episode of Build Fighters!

I thought the fight between the Star Build Strike and Sengoku Astray was decent. It's certainly not on the level of some of the best fights in Build Fighters, but I was entertained nonetheless. Sunrise is probably saving as much budget as they can so pivotal fights, such as the eventual fights with Aila and Kawaguchi, don't disappoint, so I can understand why not every fight on the show can be on the same, epic and awesome level. That said, I did quite enjoy the final fistfight between the two Gundams .

While I agree with the RG system being overused, at least it made the most sense for it to be used here since the SBS' other weapons would be completely useless against the Astray. I think the RG System, as a whole, is nifty, but I do wish the Star Build Strike's other features could get some more attention. I really miss seeing the wings, and the cannon's only ever been used once. At least the shield didn't get destroyed this time .

I just love how Caroline, by her logic, somehow believes she and Nils are dating because her father is sponsoring him. As for Nils, on the one hand he's managed to snag a girlfriend with barely any effort, but at the same time is stuck with her whether he likes it or not .

It was really cute seeing Fellini and Mihoshi together. I'm hoping for some more romantic moments between these two in the next episode .

Nice to see Aila watching the match to see how Reiji's doing, though I can only assume her slump at the end was because of the realization that she's going to have to fight him .

Enjoy the hug Ral, enjoy the hug .

All these awesome pairings/couples on this show does wonders for the romance fan in me .

While I feel Sei and Reiji still could've pulled off a win with or without the break, it definitely helped the pair even the odds against Nils. Poor Baker though. She's a competent villain, but she's stuck in the wrong type of Gundam show .

Can't wait to see the fight between Wing Gundam Fenice and the Quebeley Papillion. Fellini and his Gunpla have yet to disappoint, so I doubt this will be any exception, even if he does end up losing .
Old 2014-02-18, 18:33   Link #70
monster

You know, considering Caroline considers Nils to be hers, he's lucky that she at least considers the relationship to be that of girlfriend-to-boyfriend instead of just simply boss/master-to-worker/servant.

Then again, in practice, it might not be all that different.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 19:02   Link #71
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoiler for Revenge!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Oh, sh**, they have the same voice actors! That totally blew over my head.

The image link is broken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Spoiler for Oreimo:

Out of curiosity, what are u guys referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
This episode's fight in a nutshell...

OMFG I LOVE THAT GAME XD
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 19:39   Link #72
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Out of curiosity, what are u guys referring to?
Fellini is voiced by Nakamura Yuichi, who also voiced Kousaka Kyousuke from Oreimo series, while Aila is voiced by Hayami Saori, who voiced Aragaki Ayase from Oreimo. So basically saying, this is just a seiyuu connection.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 20:51   Link #73
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Fellini is voiced by Nakamura Yuichi, who also voiced Kousaka Kyousuke from Oreimo series, while Aila is voiced by Hayami Saori, who voiced Aragaki Ayase from Oreimo. So basically saying, this is just a seiyuu connection.
Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 21:39   Link #74
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Good episode, thought the battle was a bit underwhelming, too many glowy punches. The black Tieria was hilarious though, and the look on the blonde's face when Nils lost was priceless.

Plus it had Caroline and her overly melodramatic villain laugh. It's still a win episode.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 22:55   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do feel for Aila a bit at the end there. Probably isn't looking forward to having to obliterate the Star Build Strike and knock Reiji out of the tournament (since she doesn't have the script for the series at hand ).

But also kind of worry about the reaction she'll get when her identity is revealed since there's no way that won't happen. Nils got pretty ripped into for just having a different goal at this tournament than the majority of the fighters. While she's gotten more into gunpla in the end she's not here because she cares about being the champion. Rather she needs to become the champion in order to maintain her current situation. Having gone through who knows what in order for her talents to be developed and having the possibility of going back to her terrible situation if she loses. Don't think Nemesis or the Flana Institute cares that much about her to keep her on if she can't win.

Should be interesting though to see how well Fellini does even if his loss is guaranteed.
Old 2014-02-18, 23:35   Link #76
Frontier

Speaking of getting more into Gunpla, I got a kick out of seeing Reiji help rebuild the Star Build Strike .

In the preview we have Nils and Sei together, so I wonder if all the main Gunpla Fighters, Fellini, Mao, and Nils, will contribute to the Star Build Strike before the fights with Aila and Yuuki/Meijin? Or alternatively, with Yuuki in tow, before the final boss?
Old 2014-02-19, 04:24   Link #77
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Speaking of getting more into Gunpla, I got a kick out of seeing Reiji help rebuild the Star Build Strike .

In the preview we have Nils and Sei together, so I wonder if all the main Gunpla Fighters, Fellini, Mao, and Nils, will contribute to the Star Build Strike before the fights with Aila and Yuuki/Meijin? Or alternatively, with Yuuki in tow, before the final boss?
Man, that's like a whole new competition team assembled. Aila and Reiji will fight together like the twins, Mao and Sei would spearhead the building process, Nils as the team's strategist and Fellini would act as fight trainer.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 08:02   Link #78
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

7/10

Too easy for my taste, but guess that the can't do another Build Strike vs. Wing every time. But they do have a G Gundam reference this time - The Punches.

Oh well, at least it's still fun to watch Nils! But wait, that blonde name is Caroline, but her father's company is Yajima, so does that means she is half-Japanese?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 09:55   Link #79
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
7/10

Too easy for my taste, but guess that the can't do another Build Strike vs. Wing every time. But they do have a G Gundam reference this time - The Punches.

Oh well, at least it's still fun to watch Nils! But wait, that blonde name is Caroline, but her father's company is Yajima, so does that means she is half-Japanese?
Regarding the Fenice vs SBS, if you think about it, they really do push the animation teams for the " Big " fights, like the one mentioned above and the Kawaguchi vs twins battle, the animation was superb, then they slack off?/save the budget? with Mao, Nils, if you noticed, there was quite a bit of still-shots in the Nils episode.

Overall regarding the actual battle in the episode, it was decent, they nailed the background music which actually made the fight more enjoyable. I really liked the fact that Sei brainstormed the superglue onto the arms to prevent them from getting blown up from the inside. While Nils had the superior technology and tactical advantage in the Sengoku, Sei's knowledge/love about Gunpla saved them in the end.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 00:32   Link #80
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well, I definitely liked this episode. Got to see Gundam Virtue, which just happens to be one of my faves. As a matter of fact, all Tieria Erde's gundams happen to be my faves. Too bad I didn't get to see Trans-Am or Nadleeh. I was looking forward to either one. T_T

Sengoku Astray vs SBS was an interesting brawl, but I felt that it could've incorporated a little more fighting than just a fist vs a palm. It was especially interesting to see the match get interrupted & seeing Sei's compromise for the "Particle Fa Jin," which happens to be instant glue...lol

Now for the real gem of the episode. Nils being the genius that he is, tried to play the PPSE, but Baker's cunning bought them the necessary time to keep the Plavsky Particle information to themselves. Nils deduction that either Reiji or Sei would know the secret, lead him to seeking them out.

He then offered to withdraw from the tournament if they cooperate with him. As a result, he angers the gunpla loving duo & doesn't understand why they'd get upset over "toys" doing battle. Upon angering them, he got Sei to show his angry side, something that's hardly ever seen.

On the day of their battle, he was already convinced that the match was his win, only to come to the realization that the RG system was similar to his secret weapon. During the first part of their fight, both sides fought to a stalemate, which in turn ignited Nils gunpla spirit (finally, he's acting his age) & he forgets his purpose for entering the tournament.

The battle had to be stopped due to both sides losing both arms, Sei, just barely finishing the repairs at literally the last second, cut it very close. The battle resumed where both sides were again evenly matched, the factor that decided the match was instant glue. You did not read wrong, I did indeed say instant glue. Sei used instant glue on the right arm of the SBS & the Particle Fa Jin had no effect on it since it doesn't incorporate Plavsky particles of any sort.

Nils then suffered a crushing defeat & the match ended. As Reiji & Sei are getting ready to leave, they are approached by Nils who has now completely forgotten why he came to battle. He challenges them to a rematch one day, which Reiji's happily accepts, while commenting that he likes gunpla. Sei then apologizes & offers Nils their cooperation anyway. The episode basically ends with Nils finally realizing that he likes gunpla. (ie. Finally realizing that he's a kid too)

The character development in this episode was excellent. We've seen that Sei can get very angry & Nils is finally developing a personality.

I had no qualms with this episode. It was enjoyable & the plot progression is noted. I did find the action a bit lacking though. 8/10
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote