Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-22, 01:21   Link #1981
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I wonder if Re:Creator Altair have similarity to the legend.
It is summer now at least....while July 7th has passed, actual Tanabata is late Aug by lunar calendar. Maybe it'll coincide with the climax?
Old 2017-07-22, 08:07   Link #1982
tuckersister

I hope Vega makes a damn awesome entrance. I think Vega will be similar to how Souta is. Altair is talented while Vega is hardworking, hence he is always chasing her. That's why "the ability to learn skills and power of other Creations" suits him.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 11:56   Link #1983
xizro345
King's Justice

So, the special was basically the voice actresses of Meteora, Selesia and Aliceteria playing a few quiz games. Aliceteria's VA kept shouting her attack name, among other things.

New wallpaper released:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Minimanga: https://imgur.com/a/DM5gj

This special will be included in the BD released at the end of November.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 14:08   Link #1984
magnuskn

Any idea if we'll get a regular episode next week or the second special?
Old 2017-07-22, 14:52   Link #1985
xizro345
King's Justice

Aoki posted on his Twitter that next week episode 16 will air:

https://twitter.com/ei_aoki/status/888787403065892864

IIRC the week after 16 there will be the final special and then airing will proceed as usual.
Old 2017-07-22, 16:06   Link #1986
magnuskn

Thanks for the info, xizro.
Old 2017-07-22, 17:22   Link #1987
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Sure, but that doesn't make her final boss. In the end party would have to deal with Altair plan, who push button is mirror thing. You also can't expect epic fight with Magane, especially if Yuuya manage regain it. At best they will stop evil plan and trash her bit in epilogue.

It also doesn't matter whether Altair want truly destroy world or want be saved. If she is that way good, we got sympathetic final boss. There is plenty of these. Well, there is also possibility someone completely different will take over her role, but Magane is not alternative.
Why can't we expect an epic fight with Magane? The way her power works and the fact that she can potentially steal anyone's power more than make her eligible to have a good and proper showdown with anyone.

The final villain doesn't necessarily need to be the most powerful foe that the protagonists must face, I don't know why it's always treated like it's a matter of fact. In some cases, the final villain may actually be the weakest in terms of power-scaling, but compensates by being immensely intelligent or having an equalizer (in this case, the ability to steal the power of others).

Leaving the realm of anime/manga for a sec (since I can't think of any clear cut examples there atm), lets take a look at comics. Take the Joker and Lex Luthor for example, they are considered Batman's and Superman's greatest foes respectively. Do they have OP powers or pose danger on a global scale? No, they don't, but that still doesn't take away from the threat they pose. Bats and Supes have more than enough superpowered and even godlike villains that can literally squash both Joker and Luthor like bugs. What makes them stand out above the others isn't something simple like what powers they may or may not have, but the resourcefulness and wit they have at their disposal.

Magane has these qualities and while she may seem totally crazy and carefree, she may in fact be the one character that looks at/think about things in the long term more than any other atm. (This isn't just conjecture either because Altair is solely fixated on having the world fall into chaos [short term] and the Protag side is preoccupied with minimizing damage and preparing for the corssover, while simultaneously working on PR for fan support [specific countermeasure to Altair's plan. Since it doesn't take into consideration the aftermath of the situation or anything like that, we can consider it short term as well])

Magane has the time to actually sit down and clearly think about the future. This was even hinted at in her conversation with Alice, since she was actually given an idea to play with.

The way Altair's being portrayed atm, it wouldn't be strange if she chickens out right as she's going to achieve her goal (via a change of heart). At that moment, it may be when Magane actually steps in and finishes things off, thus becoming the last boss in the process.

----------------
Sorry for replying so late, I didn't see your reply until I checked the thread today.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 18:56   Link #1988
DemonneoPT

@MK-95-

I totally agree with you. I'm a big Magane fan, so i really hope that will happen. And since i'm also a total masochist, the most entertaining ending would be Magane reckting and trolling everyone in the last episodes and then ending the show with her stabing our monitors/TV (the audience) while saying season 2 was canceled . Fans would go insane lol
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 19:15   Link #1989
magnuskn

To be honest, Magane's power depends on people being stupid and careless when dealing with her.

After Yuya already lost half of his power set to her and Alice has leveled up her intelligence stat, Magane is fastly running out of useful people who would be careless enough in dealing with her to power her up even more. Unless she can manage to get to Syo and Charon before they interact with the "real" world enough to stop being set in their ways.
Old 2017-07-22, 19:41   Link #1990
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Actually, considering how good her wordplay game is, I don't think it should be that difficult for someone to fall into a trap. Common sense dictates that one simply stay quiet when fighting against her, but we know that for the plot's sake, the characters won't do that.

Someone's bound to get caught up in her pace despite knowing how her power works. As as said in my very first post in this thread, if she can vilify the concept of justice and chivalry, then she has my praise. (I used vilify back then, but thinking about it now, I think demonize would've been a much more appropriate word.)

Besides, we still don't know the full extent of her power. So far, we know that denying she could do something or calling her a liar are two ways to trigger her power. One resulting in her summoning a creature and the other being that she can steal another character's power. She also has an additional power where she can completely neutralize an attack and make it ineffective for an unspecified amount of time.

Considering how sneaky she is, she just might have something more up her sleeve, so I won't count her out just yet.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 20:30   Link #1991
magnuskn

Again, Magane has pretty much exhausted the characters who she can easily manipulate. I'm not saying she can't do it, but it won't be the easy wins she got with Alice and Yuya.
Old 2017-07-23, 09:48   Link #1992
tuckersister

I would wonder how Vega fights and what weapons he would use that will parallel to Altair's fight style.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-25, 13:45   Link #1993
xizro345
King's Justice

Sawano's second album (which includes a special track from the series) will be released on Sept 20th.

https://twitter.com/sawano_nZk/statu...81819909603328

Also - fingers crossed - I may get the second BD tomorrow.
Old 2017-07-25, 14:54   Link #1994
magnuskn

Well, they are getting them out quite quickly. Too bad they have no subtitles.

Maybe Amazon will do subtitled BD's, since they got the rights to the series? One can dream...
Old 2017-07-25, 22:30   Link #1995
xizro345
King's Justice

Preview:

Old 2017-07-25, 23:18   Link #1996
magnuskn

Well, I hope that look on Sota's face is him realizing that he better go after Meteora.
Old 2017-07-26, 00:48   Link #1997
zztop

^Confirmed Yuuya's narrow waist and lower torso is improportional to the broadness of his upper body.

Newest ani-magazine scans of Re Creators:
Yukatas and brainfreeze:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEPZmz3XoAAjkay.jpg

Sexyora:
https://yande.re/post/show/400470

Last edited by zztop; 2017-07-26 at 01:01.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-26, 06:35   Link #1998
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Why can't we expect an epic fight with Magane? The way her power works and the fact that she can potentially steal anyone's power more than make her eligible to have a good and proper showdown with anyone.

The final villain doesn't necessarily need to be the most powerful foe that the protagonists must face, I don't know why it's always treated like it's a matter of fact. In some cases, the final villain may actually be the weakest in terms of power-scaling, but compensates by being immensely intelligent or having an equalizer (in this case, the ability to steal the power of others).

Leaving the realm of anime/manga for a sec (since I can't think of any clear cut examples there atm), lets take a look at comics. Take the Joker and Lex Luthor for example, they are considered Batman's and Superman's greatest foes respectively. Do they have OP powers or pose danger on a global scale? No, they don't, but that still doesn't take away from the threat they pose. Bats and Supes have more than enough superpowered and even godlike villains that can literally squash both Joker and Luthor like bugs. What makes them stand out above the others isn't something simple like what powers they may or may not have, but the resourcefulness and wit they have at their disposal.

Magane has these qualities and while she may seem totally crazy and carefree, she may in fact be the one character that looks at/think about things in the long term more than any other atm. (This isn't just conjecture either because Altair is solely fixated on having the world fall into chaos [short term] and the Protag side is preoccupied with minimizing damage and preparing for the corssover, while simultaneously working on PR for fan support [specific countermeasure to Altair's plan. Since it doesn't take into consideration the aftermath of the situation or anything like that, we can consider it short term as well])

Magane has the time to actually sit down and clearly think about the future. This was even hinted at in her conversation with Alice, since she was actually given an idea to play with.

The way Altair's being portrayed atm, it wouldn't be strange if she chickens out right as she's going to achieve her goal (via a change of heart). At that moment, it may be when Magane actually steps in and finishes things off, thus becoming the last boss in the process.

----------------
Sorry for replying so late, I didn't see your reply until I checked the thread today.
Honestly you are completely rewriting her character. She doesn't think long term. Never. She will not sit and will not think any master plan. She will take bath in money and go and screw with someone for fun. That's Magane.

Yes she does resemble Joker, but unlike him she has not his obsession. He can be main villain because he is on completely different scale. He came and leave with Bang. Magane simply doesn't have that. She is nuisance and spanner in the work, wild card that will screw both heroes and villains alike, but will not stick with anything for long.

As I said sure if Altair chicken out, Magane as well might push red button of doom, because... why not? But that doesn't make her main villain. That one is reserved for people who are actual threat. If she were she would already screwing with Altair or would actually succeed with manipulating Souta, but she didn't and there is no reason suddenly switch her role in middle of story with no foreshadowing or ability to do that.
Old 2017-07-26, 06:58   Link #1999
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
^Confirmed Yuuya's narrow waist and lower torso is improportional to the broadness of his upper body.

Newest ani-magazine scans of Re Creators:
Yukatas and brainfreeze:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEPZmz3XoAAjkay.jpg

Sexyora:
https://yande.re/post/show/400470
I'll take normal Meteora any day.

Thanks for the links!
Old 2017-07-26, 07:39   Link #2000
Tenzen12

I would take both, there is never enough of Meteora

Though I like Selessia better anyway

Tags