Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-06-03, 22:17   Link #2761
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
why?

if your stuck in an alien world. away from your love ones.

against your will.

why?
If you use legality as your compass, no.
If you have any standard of morality as a compass, regardless of lack of legal consequences, you are responsible for your own choices.

True nature of man becomes evident when he is removed from the confinement of social pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
"What the heck is that guy doing running against that wall?"
why is that guy dancing naked in front of the bank for days, screaming something about thunderfury......?
Old 2014-06-04, 23:36   Link #2762
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
if you use legality as your compass, no.
If you have any standard of morality as a compass, regardless of lack of legal consequences, you are responsible for your own choices.

True nature of man becomes evident when he is removed from the confinement of social pressure.

Why is that guy dancing naked in front of the bank for days, screaming something about thunderfury......?
pov of adventure regarding landers:
1. Treat them as human.... As long as they are human they have right to live
2. Treat them as ant, cat or dogs... Who care if one or 100 die except we care them as animal
3. Treat them as vending talking machine..... Ignore them or else you are weird to interacting with vending talking machine...

Yet why shiroe and co chose no 1 is more about benefit and loss rather than morality...well at first i think..
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 23:56   Link #2763
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
Yet why shiroe and co chose no 1 is more about benefit and loss rather than morality...well at first i think..
No, morality was definitely involved. Both Shiroe and Maryelle's groups noticed that Landers were sentient, had memories and legacies, and had the same mental capacities as themselves. Shiroe first noticed this in his interaction with the Village Elder, when the Elder recounted those stories and described different things that hadn't existed prior to the Catastrophe. Maryelle noticed when they started coming for food since they liked the flavor.

If it was about benefit and loss, Shiroe would probably be more like the Knights of Odyssea, protecting them until things go downhill, then sacrificing them as necessary.
Old 2014-06-05, 00:26   Link #2764
yulinard

Quote:
I just watch GRarkada review and he say if you can respawn the plot can be more intresting than if you die, you die.

Since now you are immortal and have stronger ability you are some kind of superman now and you must be carefull to use your power. If you are planing to return to old world then its best if you keep your mental condition as well. if you kill the landers it might affect your mentality and when you return to old world you might suffer problems to re adjust your live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
If it was about benefit and loss, Shiroe would probably be more like the Knights of Odyssea, protecting them until things go downhill, then sacrificing them as necessary.
He will came with better solution. It just Knight of Odyssea have not accept their new reality.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 01:05   Link #2765
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

spoiler

Quote:
No, morality was definitely involved. Both Shiroe and Maryelle's groups noticed that Landers were sentient, had memories and legacies, and had the same mental capacities as themselves. Shiroe first noticed this in his interaction with the Village Elder, when the Elder recounted those stories and described different things that hadn't existed prior to the Catastrophe. Maryelle noticed when they started coming for food since they liked the flavor.

"You are right."

i guess maybe ireally have premature conclusion because of these

Spoiler for REMINDER &Log Horizon: Volume 3 PART 5:

---
THEN the cause of shiroe and RTC interacting with the landers that way is because:
1. priority no.1 is MORALITY
2. priority no.1 is BENEFIT AND LOSS (i mean shiroe and RTC will lose a lot of quest like "the quest of magic bag holding for beginner" if the landers that give the request is death, move out or dont want to give the adventurer the quest and that is a loss for them)

Last edited by mastermind3342; 2014-06-05 at 01:16.
Old 2014-06-05, 05:04   Link #2766
yulinard

Raw materials for food and other stuff. Did you have to mine/farm it yourself or buy them from landers. by buying them from landers, adventurer are free to do what they are best at. Killing goblins and stuff, even researching the way back home cant happen if they are too occupied with gathering resources for they daily needs.
Old 2014-06-05, 05:36   Link #2767
Gimmesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulinard View Post
Raw materials for food and other stuff. Did you have to mine/farm it yourself or buy them from landers. by buying them from landers, adventurer are free to do what they are best at. Killing goblins and stuff, even researching the way back home cant happen if they are too occupied with gathering resources for they daily needs.
you can buy some raw materials from landers I believe, given there were farmer/hunter people of the land, tho its probably low lvl materials.
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 07:57   Link #2768
yulinard

I dont think you came across roc pudding everyday either. The biggest concern is providing food for 20k adventurer and 10k lander in the city for now. Fail to do so and the city is doomed.
Old 2014-06-06, 15:49   Link #2769
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
why is that guy dancing naked in front of the bank for days, screaming something about thunderfury......?
lol so hard at the topic of what the lander think about adventurer when ET was stil a game... Thunderfury? come on, man! Demitrian would cursed you if you dance naked with the blessed blade.

Quote:

i believe there's still not enough info about KoO for us to judge them. When a person succumb to despair, they tend to act illogical. This happen with many Adventutrer at the start of Apocalypse. In fact, i have a bit of sympathy to them. Perhaps it also has something to do with the Geniuses Roe2 talking about.
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 04:08   Link #2770
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

So, final chapter for the volume got posted - unfortunately I don't have the time to do a full summary, got mountain of work to do right now, so I'll post a few hours later.

But we got a glimpse... no, an answer to what Roe2 is....
Spoiler:

There's more to the chapter of course, this is from just the first few paragraph.
Will have a summary up later
Old 2014-06-07, 04:54   Link #2771
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

indeed... wait..... if they are race of traveler then this race is out of elder tale's choice of race
then? race that exist in the alternate world but not in elder tale game setting, eh? interesting....
and the word "stand with"...its that mean they are almost the same? or they share common thing with each other? or are they ally to each other? or...???
Old 2014-06-07, 07:01   Link #2772
tsunade666

what they travel in between worlds? do they visit other worlds too? like diablo world
Old 2014-06-07, 08:41   Link #2773
DQueenie13

Quote:
and the word "stand with"...its that mean they are almost the same? or they share common thing with each other? or are they ally to each other? or...???
I took it to mean that she's the first one to be with Adventurers; i.e. members of this Race usually observe them from afar. A la the Observers in BlazBlue or the Juries in Pandora Hearts.
Old 2014-06-07, 08:47   Link #2774
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

There's so many things happening, gonna skim through them all
If I went into detail it'd take forever (and a wall-o-text)

Chapter 073 summary

first half
Spoiler:

second half
Spoiler:

Last edited by aohige; 2014-06-07 at 09:48.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 09:12   Link #2775
DQueenie13

By the way, where's Dariella during all this, again? (Aside from having Kazuhiko stop the battle.)

Edit: Oh, there she is. (Posted this before aohige posted the second part.)

Last edited by DQueenie13; 2014-06-07 at 09:57.
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 09:56   Link #2776
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Whew! That was chock full of info, fitting as a climax to the volume.

So, let's see what we have here.

Spoiler:

So. Many. Stuff.
The Overskill was a surprise!
Old 2014-06-07, 10:09   Link #2777
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It seems that Nureha still hasn't found her happiness.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 10:09   Link #2778
DQueenie13

Quote:
Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZaE7QkME38

That's the first thing I thought of. (Note the cars.)
Old 2014-06-07, 10:49   Link #2779
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the summary aohige, the story is going into weird direction.
Spoiler:
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 10:50   Link #2780
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
Spoiler:

So. Many. Stuff.
The Overskill was a surprise!
It also leave many question. In the 1rst place, how did Roe2 ended up using Shiro 2nd ID account? And i remember she said she want to change her subclass, that mean she has the same body as adventurer, with all the abilities and all. Also Kazuhiko remind me of Riddhe Marcenas form Gundam UC when he started using banshe. Lifeless, with empty gaze and super powerfull. I guess LH started to look a bit dark with more and more revelations of the plot.

Also did Mamare mention about the next chapter? or wil he wait for the Volume to be released as a book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It seems that Nureha still hasn't found her happiness.
I believe, she'll get her happiness only when Shiroe stand next to her, which most likely it'll only happen near the end. Or tragedy forbid it to happen. Still, I want her to have a happy end. As we can see in this chapter, she wasn't entirely bad.
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers