AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-06, 11:23   Link #1
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Ristorante Paradiso (replacement to Michiko to Hatchin)

Ristorante Paradiso リストランテ・パラディーゾ
Animation Production: david production (episodes 16 & 20 of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, DOGS OVA)
Timeslot: NOISE (replacing Michiko to Hatchin), Fuji TV's second anime-themed timeslot after noitaminA, from 8th April, 2009
Based upon: Ono Natsume's two-volume manga of the same name
Genre: Seinen
Cast: Orikasa Fumiko (Nicoletta), Terada Haruhi (Olga), Nomura Kenji (Lorenzo)
Staff: Director: Kase Mitsuko (Glass Maiden, SaiKano, Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Miller's Report), Inotsume Shin'ichi (Zettai Karen Children from episode 28 onwards, Hayate no Gotoku), Character Design: Takeda Itsuko (Blue Drop, Boys Be, Galaxy Railways), Art Director: Soejima Yasufumi (Gankutsuou, Last Exile), Music: ko-ko-ya (here's their official myspace)

Ristorante Paradiso is the second show in Fuji TV's NOISE anime timeslot, which first started with the amazing Michiko to Hatchin, and is based on Ono Natsume's two-volume seinen manga. It's set in Rome, Italy, and follows the story of Nicoletta, a 21-year old, as she becomes an apprentice at a very unique restaurant. It's going to be produced by david production, a new studio that has produced animation for episodes 16 and 20 of Code Geass R2 and will produce the upcoming DOGS/BULLETS&CARNAGE OVA.

Last edited by metamorphic; 2009-03-06 at 11:38.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 11:56   Link #2
Kazu-kun

Interesting. I'll be looking forward to this.

Just one correction... This is not a seinen manga. Erotics F, the magazine this runs in is an alternative magazine that targets both genders; iirc it even includes some BL (yaoi) titles.
Old 2009-03-06, 14:03   Link #3
miss-deep
mogu mogu

The Rispara manga is not two volumes in length, it is a single volume feature. The follow-up, Gente ~Ristorante no Hitobito~ is three volumes (the third comes out on March 12th).

Also of note for this adaptation:

OP: "Marigold" ("Marry Gold" ?) by orange pekoe (single out May 27th)
ED: "Suteki na Kajitsu" by Komine Lisa (single out April 22nd)

Cast members yet to be mentioned: Yamanoi Jin (Claudio), Tachikawa Mitsutaka (Luciano), Kiyama Shigeo (Gigi), Kuroda Takaya (Vito), Ueda Yuji (Teo), Soumi Yoko (Vanna), Watanabe Misa (Gabriella).

Rispara is one of my all-time favourite manga titles so I suppose I'm fairly excited by this adaptation.

The first CM aired with the Michiko to Hatchin double episode this week, BTW. Here it is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtR6gb8nDqE

Last edited by miss-deep; 2009-03-14 at 10:03. Reason: Additional material
miss-deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 14:50   Link #4
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Oh boy... Italian names. Can't wait to hear their pronunciation. That said, I'm looking forward to this, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 19:53   Link #5
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

They must have fair conifidence in this timeslot, because Aoi Hana has just been announced as having the same timeslot in July.

Yeah, RisPara sounds interesting, hopefully different from the norm. Looking forward to it.
Old 2009-03-06, 21:02   Link #6
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Ah, so it'll be about 12 episodes then. Should be fine for a series like this, since it's only one volume.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 21:19   Link #7
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
They must have fair conifidence in this timeslot, because Aoi Hana has just been announced as having the same timeslot in July.
Wa-wait, as in Takako Shimura's Aoi Hana?! Seriously?! Oh, god, where'd you hear this? *crosses fingers*

Edit: Ah, never mind, found the link.

Last edited by Fevvers; 2009-03-06 at 21:37.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 02:39   Link #8
miss-deep
mogu mogu

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Ah, so it'll be about 12 episodes then. Should be fine for a series like this, since it's only one volume.
It will be eleven broadcast episodes.

Aoi Hana getting an adaptation is fantastic news too. Two Erotics F titles getting anime series one after the other!
Old 2009-03-07, 04:44   Link #9
Same_Shark

Definately looks interesting. I'm really liking the music from the CM. This has to go on my to-watch list.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 07:07   Link #10
neshru

lol, it looks like they used google translator for the italian words on their website. But I guess that's not surprising, since even the english language gets raped by most anime series.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 11:05   Link #11
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
This really looks amazing... I'm excited for it.
Old 2009-03-08, 05:27   Link #12
Hamchan
The World Ends With Me!

Looks interesting. Will check out
Hamchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 05:32   Link #13
BanishingBook

Should there be a tad gayness in Ristorante? So far I've seen old guys on the poster, does that mean... *gasp* BL has expanded to GL (Granddad Love)?

Well what are your speculations about it's content* ish dumbfound*
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 06:07   Link #14
miss-deep
mogu mogu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
Should there be a tad gayness in Ristorante? So far I've seen old guys on the poster, does that mean... *gasp* BL has expanded to GL (Granddad Love)?

Well what are your speculations about it's content* ish dumbfound*
In terms of the relationships in the series, they are mainly complicated, adult and heterosexual. Some of the characters are married, some are separated, some are single.

It doesn't really have any hints at BL. Ono Natsume does however, publish BL works under another name ("basso") so you'd definitely be forgiven for thinking along those lines. More than anything, it panders to women who like "older gentlemen", particularly "butler-types" with glasses (this is noted in the series itself - the restaurant is popular because of the men with glasses who work there). Quite a few of Ono's other works also touch on these character types.

Last edited by miss-deep; 2009-03-08 at 12:49.
Old 2009-03-12, 16:34   Link #15
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

If NOISE can continue with the amazing production values exemplified in Michiko to Hatchin, I'm sold already. They've set the bar pretty high.
Old 2009-03-14, 06:40   Link #16
miss-deep
mogu mogu

The next issue of Erotics F (#57) will contain a commemorative feature on the Rispara anime adaptation. The Erotics F website is also running a Rispara/GENTE character poll at the moment. It closes on April 3rd (I'm betting on Gigi taking out top honours, knowing fans). A new anime image was recently released in the official Rispara anime blog too...

Spoiler for Ladies love Ristorante Casetta Dell'orso:

There's also meant to be some Rispara content in April 2009's Animage. There was a double page feature in the February issue too, though I've been hard pressed to find a decent scan of it (you can see a not-so-decent scan here).

For those wanting to see some close-up designs of the character's faces, Fuji TV's Rispara site gives us some decent mug-shots of the cast. Tsuntsun, Luciano XD~.

Last edited by miss-deep; 2009-03-17 at 07:12.
Old 2009-03-17, 09:14   Link #17
miss-deep
mogu mogu

There will be a Rispara presence at TAF this year. Dates, times, etc. can be found here. Is anyone going? There looks to be a good assortment of titles on display this year. I want some of those goodies lol.
Old 2009-03-19, 02:44   Link #18
miss-deep
mogu mogu

In an interesting bit of product placement, Morinaga Confectionary's "Carré de Chocolat" range will be featured in the Ristorante Paradiso anime. We get sweet (but small) wallpapers out of the deal. Also, chocolate.

Jin's Global Standard are producing a limited range of glasses ~as worn by the Casetta Dell'orso staff~. Each model is designed to exclusively reflect the character they belong to. Available designs will include: Claudio, Luciano, Furio, Theo, and Vito (wtf no Gigi?). You can learn more about the range here. Alternatively, there is a Jin's x Rispara display at this year's TAF - you can view the glasses in a display case at the Rispara stand.
Old 2009-03-20, 09:08   Link #19
miss-deep
mogu mogu

Extended Rispara trailer from TAF.

You can vaguely make out what seems to be the OP in the background (well, it certainly sounds like orange pekoe).

Last edited by miss-deep; 2009-03-20 at 09:38.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:52   Link #20
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

OP theme: Marigold by orange pekoe
ED theme: Suteki na Kajitsu by Lisa Komine

This certainly looks pretty promising.