AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-03, 16:10   Link #61
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
Kaede said it herself, Rin only cares about people if they're suffering - If there's already one of his friends that's suffering and another one comes along Rin will naturally pick the first one.

Asa gets sick - Rin cares about her now.
Kaede becomes insane because Rin no longer pays attention to any of the things she does for him.
Rin still only cares about Asa and basically ignores Kaede still.

Poor point.

Asa was dying. Kaede just needed to be taken away by people in white coats. Besides there was no way to fix the problem Kaede had without causing any damage. Rin played it right.
Old 2007-08-03, 17:50   Link #62
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Kaede just needed to be taken away by people in white coats.
QFT! When you know something's wrong with the girl the first 5 minutes of her appearance in the show, things are bound to go downhill.
Old 2007-08-03, 17:56   Link #63
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Also Kaede seems ok when he date Sia, so why would he think she wasn't ok with him dating Asa. Kaede set him up with Sia in the first place.

Rin made the best of a bad situtation when he found just how crazy Kaede is. He did the responsible and smart thing, hightailing it out of there.
Old 2007-08-03, 19:59   Link #64
Atheuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Poor point.

Asa was dying. Kaede just needed to be taken away by people in white coats. Besides there was no way to fix the problem Kaede had without causing any damage. Rin played it right.
This is why I don't like unrealistic animes where girls are swarming over one guy for no apparent reason - Rin is completely personalityless and blind to his surroundings, he only cares about people who are in pain and ignores the people who have been in love with him for years, also completely forgetting why she is doing all those things for him - He never actually tried to seriously talk with Kaede, he just casually told her to stop treating him so well, he never sat down with her and tried to understand how she felt and how they could solve it without either of them getting seriously hurt or fucked up - He went through that lifestyle for years, ignored Kaede and ignored all the things she did for him and didn't realize his wrong doings until VERY late in the Anime.

Asa dying is no excuse for ignoring someone who really needs your help, he was completely blind to psychological suffering and only attended to physical and visible pain.

Quote:
Also Kaede seems ok when he date Sia, so why would he think she wasn't ok with him dating Asa. Kaede set him up with Sia in the first place.

Rin made the best of a bad situtation when he found just how crazy Kaede is. He did the responsible and smart thing, hightailing it out of there.
Kaede was fine with Sia because then he actually came home, ate and talked with her.

Yes, Rin is slow - I figured out something was wrong with Kaede, as someone said, 5 minutes into the Anime. Let's applaud him for being an idiot who needs someone with a giant sign spelling the problems out for him to come along.

Really, you people are forgetting he lived with Kaede for several years and didn't take notice in the way she spoke "I only live to serve Rin", "My only reason to get up is to make Rin happy!" - He should have noticed her problems a lot earlier and just have talked it out with her.

Bleh, I think I repeated myself enough times for one post. I hope my point got through.
Old 2007-08-03, 20:21   Link #65
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Oh your point got through, but I'm not buying it.

My favorite line is "Asa dying is no excuse for ignoring someone etc,"

That just made my day.

I've already explained myself multiple times, even in this very thread. My point still stands and I feel the reasons are valid (and to you KKK members who think no one here knows of your secret board, my reasons AREN'T playing off Rin and Kaede's past, they are off the point that anime-Rin never really saw Kaede as more than a sister, just as he did with Nerine, Primula, Kareha and at the end, Sia).

If you still believe that you are more than welcome to, this entire topic is open to suggestion and I respect your decision.

Don't mean I believe it tho.
Old 2007-08-04, 05:59   Link #66
Atheuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
Oh your point got through, but I'm not buying it.

My favorite line is "Asa dying is no excuse for ignoring someone etc,"

That just made my day.

I've already explained myself multiple times, even in this very thread. My point still stands and I feel the reasons are valid (and to you KKK members who think no one here knows of your secret board, my reasons AREN'T playing off Rin and Kaede's past, they are off the point that anime-Rin never really saw Kaede as more than a sister, just as he did with Nerine, Primula, Kareha and at the end, Sia).

If you still believe that you are more than welcome to, this entire topic is open to suggestion and I respect your decision.

Don't mean I believe it tho.
This is a matter of opinion then and I won't bother trying convince you <3, but I had to ask

"KKK members who think no one here knows of your secret board?" lol wut?
Old 2007-08-04, 07:29   Link #67
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

It's a secret thing between them and me. They've busted my balls for not loving Kaede as much as they do.

But shh! It's a secret!
Old 2007-08-11, 07:02   Link #68
awsome12

ppl ppl is that really abuse....i mean compared to wat happened in episode 19 dealing with rin being younger and abused by kaede with the knife...getting locked outside the house and ignored him pretty much. Also the abuse lasted pretty long to ......
Old 2007-08-28, 20:44   Link #69
CloroAsakura
I fear the JAM

Send a message via MSN to CloroAsakura
man this topic is a hot 1 but i will try to do my opinion without count my feelings about my deity Kaede.

if you think what you can do the same as he did all his life with kaede then dont read this post and i respect you for being inhuman

if not then why you support him you are goin versus your own values

i will divide this in 3 parts the psyco, relationship and the ignorant part.

The psyco

you know... you have to born psyco or get traumaticed in this case kaede got traumatised and became obseced with Rin even accepting he did well at the start he doesnt effort a little or think about what to do on the future he knew about the weakness of Kaede and he know what her can broke down again on a suicide mode but really he tried to fix her he just keep her doing all the shores and yeah he tried to stop her or take a brake of doing them but you can count them with 1 hand and you have some leftover fingers. he never figures the problem until at the very end and thaks god he reacted on time and not ignored Kaede again he is an a**

The relationship between them

yeah maybe he just didnt saw Kaede more than a sister (man that is being DENSE) but if we want to put it on the viewpoint of the sister/brother love since when a GOOD brother do what he did to her?? putting her asside ignoring her everytime you cant call him a brother well not a good one, now other problematic on the sister/brother relationship when Kaede offer herself to him why the hell he didnt conforted her, he just gave her the back and run ppl you cant run of your problems you have to face them on the moment or they become bigger example this series and man when Kaede does that she is exploding she is being ignored and now with Rin just looking for Asa she got MORE ignored so she can complain it Rin didnt ignored Nerine or Sia but why he can do it with Kaede? he is lame he just run away of the Kaede issue and if he see her as his sister and she is a good one why he dont help her as a priority and more when soo evident.

The ignorant

he cant be proclamed ignorant of anything he know what is with Kaede and a lot about her and her problem he is concient of ignore her action he is an stupid i dont care with who the hell he ended with but he didnt care really about kaede, let me take an example of other serie and i will take Kanon when my other Deity fell on depretion yuuichi take care of her try a lot to talk to her even called friend for help and after he fainted and found on the mountain he called for her when he could and waked up when he was searching for Ayu. the poin is he cared about her even he was going for other chick, Rin on the other side didnt do anything nearly nothing just at the beggining and at the end.

that is all now the personal part I HATE HIM and if i could kill him didnt do it because that can hurt Kaede. damn

well this is my first post just to write this i needed to it. i love kaede i have her PVC figure i want to get some posters of her and some of nerine too would be nice.

i forgot put this... KKK fanclub where? i want to join 1 a nerine fanclub too

Last edited by CloroAsakura; 2007-08-28 at 20:51. Reason: i forgot it
Old 2007-08-31, 21:47   Link #70
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

What the hell is with Rin. I mean you don't spend 7 years with a chick without knowing her properly. WTF man. Rin deserves to die in the most painful way possible. But I guess that he thinks of Kaede as a friend but when a friend is your your bad naked then you know something is there that you haven't seen yet.

Thanks Sephi
Old 2007-09-13, 00:49   Link #71
Kazemiya

Rin Must Die ^^,

But not The Seiyu, Cause if The Seiyu die, What will happen To

GINTOKI !! ^^,
Old 2007-09-14, 09:39   Link #72
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Umm what's up with sister thing? So do u mean Kaede and him are like sisters and brothers...then why didn't Rin knew her weaknesses for 7 years.... Brothers and sisters should be close knowing things????? Bleh Im not making sense.....Then all of the girls are only sisters to Rin???? and Asa is not^^^ then why is he almost made out with Sia in the middle part of series????????????? And so if he really treats her as a sister??? why would he let Kaede suffer that much????? Wah not making sense...
Yuiichi versus Rin ???? In every way, KYon pwned everyone??? Bleh... Yuiichi is almost perfect harem lead.......

what really really made Rin a bad guy is because he is:
1. Totally slow
2. Indecisive
3. Spoiled
4. Blind
5. The Kaede arc

Even kaede did in the past is bad.... Rin should have said... I forgive you to her.... Well did he really pardoned Kaede???? Well not making sense again...atashi!
Old 2007-09-16, 00:43   Link #73
CloroAsakura
I fear the JAM

Send a message via MSN to CloroAsakura
i think what you are talking about my post ... you know you can quote it...

i was talking in a hypothetical way...

juiichi is THE man, but it just was an example of how Rin needed to act...

WTF kyon?

in short Rin just have to die on the hands of the Death note as one of the replies on the image topic
Old 2007-11-12, 22:38   Link #74
jethroboni
Kaede Admirer

Send a message via Yahoo to jethroboni
Kaede is just like rin's babysitter,rin is evil, he didnt see kaede's care for him, and rin didn't gave time alone with kaede, thats why kaede became so very upset. poor kaede, she should find a better man than this worthless rin. when kaede feels very upset, rin doesnt comfort her, instead, he goes out all day, not even thinking about kaede's feelings, and rimu- chan too. Rin should have thinked over first before asa, he did not thought of the other's feelings, especially kaede, whom he's been living with for a very long time, whom he really needs to protect. I wish there is a continuation of Shuffle! where rin realizes all of kaede's doings and feelings, and breaks with asa to be with kaede.........

I wanna join K.K.K and K.K.R.
Old 2007-11-13, 00:31   Link #75
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

As vice president of the kitto kitto kaede club (or at least i was when i took a break from anime, maybe ive been stripped) welcome!
Old 2007-11-17, 13:36   Link #76
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
Lol KKR ftw...
I only kill the Rin in the anime though =p
Old 2007-11-18, 00:46   Link #77
Itsuki Midoriba
Yo.

Yeah. That Rin, he deserved to be... killed, killed! (pun not intended) Yeah, For those Kaede fans, my take is that it's a blessing in disguise as at least, she's NOT with a jerk like Rin. (just wonder if it'll lead to yaoi - yes, you know the kissing scene with Sia at the ending)

For Asa fans, what more can I say? Congrats to Asa and Rin on their happy relationship which I hope will lead into marriage. Then we can push Navel to make a comedy on Asa and Rin's after-marriage life...
Old 2007-12-10, 02:29   Link #78
Incubusknight

Greetings...
I'm new to this site and since I've recently watched "Shuffle!" I thought I'd put in my own opinions and thoughts on the idea of Rin abusing Kaede.

While it is planely obvious that Rin did hurt Kaede emotionally throughout the series, because of the growing neglect and then the dramatic/tragic outcome of Kaede's arc, I'd have to disagree with the hate and death wishes that are made towards Rin.

(Reasons)

From the beginning Rin is made out to be a selfless person whom is very gentle and caring towards girls/others. Kaede herself said this within the series (I think multiple times) and Rin has also shown this personality a few times between all of the girls. (Especially in his early childhood with Kaede which earned him alot of respect from me.)

His gental nature however ended up being the main problem throughout the series since he didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and remained indecisive between all of the girls in shuffle, which to me (and I'm sure many other shuffle fans would agree upon) became the main moral of the story. It was a shame he didn't learn that sooner though seeing as what did end up happening but then shuffle wouldn't of been as good as it ended up being.
(This series makes me think of Tenchi muyo but with Tenchi actully picking out the one he loves the most and seeing the reaction of each of the other girls.)

As far as Rin neglecting Kaede, part of the problem (in my opionion) was Kaede not coming forward with her own feelings and bottling up all that suffering inside. Being the shy type that she is and having that constant feeling of guilt on her shoulders from their childhood Kaede just couldn't bring herself to saying she was jealous of the other girls making advances on Rin. Kaede only kept reassuring herself that nothing would change and as long as Rin was happy she would be too. It wasn't until it was too late did Kaede silently ask for help from Rin the one bed room scene where she asked if she should suffer more. (I couldn't believe Rin didn't see what was happening at that point.)

The other part of the problem was Rin himself, having lived with her for so long Rin knew of her emotional problems, but being too worried about upsetting her again doesn't try anything. He's no psychologist after all and seeing his personality I doubt he would call the guys with white coats on his childhood friend. (unless she became suicidal, which I think was almost the case when Kaede ran away from home after finding out Rin was leaving only to bump into Asa as the bridge.)

Watching the series a second time after finding out about Kaede's past and emotional state, I picked up on all of Rins worried expressions when he was around Kaede and I believe Rin just didn't want to risk taking away her reason for living, she was socially functional again and hardly anyone including myself could see just how unstable she really was, so Rin just accepted that as her being normal for the time while still trying to keep her from overdoing it. (As we all know though that failed, but it was still funny to hear Kaede announce that she slept in like five min more then what she normally did.)

As Rin started to fall more in love with Asa he became blind to see the signs of Kaede's emotional condition deteriorating. Love is definitely blinding as people say, and for Rin it even made him go as far as to completely ignore Kaede while she was talking to him.
(A very sad scene)

It wasn't until the bed scene (in ep 20 I think) did he "finally" realize something was seriously wrong with her since his love for her was no more then just friends.

(off topic) (Him running away from her was sad but I don't blame him since Kaede wasn't in the right mind at the time. I think any guy with Rins personality would do the same, he was probably scared in that scene and couldn't think strait having just woken up, which is also why he ran off to think for awhile. I bet going back home to face Kaede again after that event and with the decision he made was hard as hell. Also I agree with Meiaminkbell that if he had stayed with her and did anything with her things would of became that much more worst.)

Anyway his decision to leave the house was the right choice since his heart was already set on Asa and staying would only hurt Kaede further. This of course as we know shattered Kaede's world, even I was surprised , but after watching the series further we find out he did it because he cared for her.

So back to the question at hand. Was Rin abusive to Kaede?
I'm going to have to say no, because of how much he actually did care for her.
He didn't inflict any physical harm on her nor wished for her to became as she did.
I'm sure he knew that Kaede cared for him maybe even loved him but after having gone through all the other girls and Kaede not saying anything, Rin must of thought Kaede was okay with ending up with Asa.

Overall Rins biggest fault was being indecisive and completely ignorant of Kaede's feelings and emotional condition but that's just my thoughts on Rin. He's not a bad guy and I don't think really deserve to die or be mangled by K.K.K fans.
Of course I can't blame K.K.K fans for hating him either, being a K.K.K person myself it was very depressing to see her break down like that and then not even end up with Rin.

I think I became a RinxKaede fan at the beginning when Asa said playfully that Rin was like Kaede's knight. (I'm a sucker for things like that and after that scene I was stuck on believing Rin and Kaede would end up together, especially once the two princesses appeared and made Kaede seem like the neglected underdog who would come up in the end.)

Well I could ramble on and on about my views of Shuffle and how much I enjoyed Kaede's character but since this topics not for that I'll take my thoughts else where.

Also congrats to all the Asa Rin fans, looks like you got your wish.
Closed Thread