AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-12-18, 16:02   Link #21
Asrialys

Hm, I think ADV will release the box with the Volume 2 of the DVD.

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/d...views/6061.php

I heard that some company was considering releasing boxes with second volumes instead of the first, so that people wouldn't have to spend so much on something they might end up not liking. But I couldn't remember what company that was. I guess it was ADV?

Last edited by Asrialys; 2006-12-19 at 12:19.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 16:14   Link #22
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Yes, ADV is starting to put boxes onto 2nd volume releases recently. It practically makes sense if you think about it.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 16:18   Link #23
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Hm, I think ADV will release the box with the Volume 2 of the DVD.

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/d...views/6061.php

I heard that some company was considering releasing boxes with second volumes instead of the first, so that people wouldn't have to spend so much on something they might end up not liking. But I couldn't remember what company that was. I guess it was ADV?
Yes, ADV Films are also releasing Vol 2 + Box for series such as Paniponi Dash and Nerima Daikon Brothers. And the AoD review also makes it clear this will happen with Utawarerumono as well. It's a good idea, gives you a chance to see if you like the series enough to purchase a box when Vol 2 is released.

Utawarerumono Vol. #2, release date 20th March 2007, 125 minutes (5 eps)
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 12:10   Link #24
Asrialys

ADV's Utawarerumono site is up and running.

LOL And right on the front page is a "proper" pronunciation of the title.

"OO-TAH-WAH-RAY(meh...)-ROO-MOE-NO"

http://www.advfilms.com/titles/utawarerumono/index.html

^Hm, what was up with that other link on their site last time? Oh well...

Oh, and look in their Extras section for three wallpapers. One's a Dori and Gura image...Oh, and on the Character Profiles section, they spelled Eruruu's name as "Eruru." This either means they changed it back or whoever coded the site was unaware of the name-change. Probably a typo since it's spelled "Eluluu" in the Story section.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2006-12-19 at 13:59.
Old 2006-12-20, 01:13   Link #25
Cardiac Glycoside

I didn't mind "Eluluu's" voice that much (I was originally worried she would sound too much like Osaka--same VA anyway) but Hakuoro sounded LAME. If they wanted him to sound like a washed-up failed Batman so much, they should have hired Adam West.
Old 2006-12-21, 20:45   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 04 appeared on Newtype's free DVD in January issue - seriously, why episode 04? Talk about your spoilers. Anyway, i thought i'd check out the dub for a laugh.. and - i hate dubs anyway, though this just sucks. Pronouncing the names fails hard..

As for the subs - Eluluu?

And.. this episode makes me cry.. so much. ;_;
Old 2007-01-16, 14:14   Link #27
Green²
It's bacon!

First DVD volume is out now. ...I got mine for around twenty dollars at the local Best Buy. Morning opening hour. Huge figgin line. Wasn't sure at first what that was all about. I mean, no way this line could be for the Utawarerumono release. But, I had to be sure, had to, plan the route. Follow through entry, a right at the computer hardware, straight down to the HD area, a left till enter the DVD media area, Aruruu DIVE!

Nobody around. Or, maybe they just couldn't find it yet. Or the Oboro barrier. But I got it! Only less than a hand full of copies there, but I got it. And, if you have perhaps ever wondered why the cover design is this big mask surrounded by what looks like my front yard,.. it's because of days just like this. Nothing small. Just something big that stands out, saying, "Here I am!". Plus, if handled at the correct angle, you can use the cover's bling to blind just about anyone nearby.

Of course at checkout, everyone there had their own green box, and the line from before made sense after that. World of Warcraft was put on the same release date. And then, it instantly dawned on me, ...that everything told in South Park is friggin true.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 17:39   Link #28
Pelki

Send a message via AIM to Pelki
Oh wow, this is actually probably one of the best dubs I've heard. I especially enjoy how fitting Teoro and Hakuoro's voices are. Tsukuru is AMAZING, pity her voice won't be featured much. >: Eruruu (Or well, Eluluu) sounds really good most of the time, sometimes it's a little forced-sounding but for the most part it's a great job. And HAHAH, the tail pull scene was done very well, actually. ^_^ The only thing I'm dissapointed in is Aruruu's voice - it fits her character, but I was so attached to the almost-monotone, curt voice of Japanese Aruruu. Nuwangi is pretty well-voiced, not quite as great as the Japanese Nuwangi, but suitably arrogant in his tone.

I'm just so happy my favourite series hasn't been butchered. <3 I'll definitely be buying this. ;0
Pelki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 17:44   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelki View Post
I'm just so happy my favourite series hasn't been butchered.
This shows that you haven't seen the cover art for the first volume - or how they've spelt ELULUU!
Old 2007-01-16, 17:48   Link #30
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This shows that you haven't seen the cover art for the first volume - or how they've spelt ELULUU!
The cover art is laughable!

As for the name, could it be that the Japanese people wanted them to that?
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 23:28   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
As for the name, could it be that the Japanese people wanted them to that?
Well, possibly... it's hard to say. I personally think it may have been to add a bit more distinction between the names, and seeing as the Japanese sound is half-L half-R to begin with, it doesn't really both me, I guess... but oh well.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 23:39   Link #32
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

It is possible the name is supposed to be Elulu. The Japanese language, if you look at katakana, doesn't have any "L" sounds. They accomadated "V" sounds with one of the katakana syllables, but "L" sounds are just used with Ra, Ri, Ru, Re, or Ro.
Old 2007-01-16, 23:54   Link #33
Senovit
Murk Loar
*Graphic Designer

Especially with Eruruu's voice, it seems less an issue of whether or not the voice fits and more that it sounds like she's reading from a script, the way the sentences are pronounced just don't sound like fluent english =/.

For that same reason, I'd have to say Tusukuru's voice was my favorite, followed by either Teoro, Nuwangi or Sopoku.

Edit: I just noticed something, they change Eruruu to Eluluu but it seems as if Aruruu's name kept the r's...
Senovit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 01:35   Link #34
Pelki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No no, I've noticed. But these things seem like very small faults on an otherwise decent dub. ;0
Old 2007-01-17, 23:16   Link #35
Asrialys

Haha, Dori and Gura's voices are correct. Still questionable genders. Well, anyone new to the series will start questioning after that certain episode. Unless they think "Female voice actors = female characters."
Old 2007-01-18, 06:21   Link #36
Pelki

Quote:
Haha, Dori and Gura's voices are correct. Still questionable genders. Well, anyone new to the series will start questioning after that certain episode. Unless they think "Female voice actors = female characters."
And what fools they would be to think that. x3;
Old 2007-01-18, 11:07   Link #37
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
I think their voices are done well, and that they are also like that of other young male characters found in other animes that have also been voiced by women.
Old 2007-01-18, 11:27   Link #38
Cardiac Glycoside

I've thought about it for a while. Since Eluluu is technically "correct" I think the reason they chose to use L's instead of R's for one sister but not the other is to minimize confusion. I mean, I'm sure some of you have referred to the wrong sister before am I right?
Old 2007-01-18, 11:33   Link #39
Asrialys

Does it matter? It's spelled in Katakana anyway, isn't it? So it's up to interpretation, as long as it isn't something completely different.
Old 2007-01-18, 11:58   Link #40
Pelki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside View Post
I've thought about it for a while. Since Eluluu is technically "correct" I think the reason they chose to use L's instead of R's for one sister but not the other is to minimize confusion. I mean, I'm sure some of you have referred to the wrong sister before am I right?
Yeah, that's how I took it, too. English/American kids are dumb. <3