Notices

Old 2007-01-07, 10:26   Link #1181
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

You missed one NeoSam...
Quote:
Denno Coil Date
Tokuma Shoten, Madhouse and Director Mitsuo Iso's TV Animation Denno Coil anime will broadcast through NHK sometime in 2007.
Guess Madhouse recruited enough animators to finish it after-all
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 13:22   Link #1182
NeoSam

The official title of the anime thats a remake of Koutetsu Jeeg anime will be called Koutetsu Kami Jeeg.

鋼鉄神ジーグ
koutetsu Kami Jeeg

Broadcast: 2007
Old 2007-01-07, 20:38   Link #1183
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The official title of the anime thats a remake of Koutetsu Jeeg anime will be called Koutetsu Kami Jeeg.

鋼鉄神ジーグ
koutetsu Kami Jeeg
YES~!!! though I am sad to say that Jeeg was one of the few super robot series I never had the chance to complete.

2007 : Rise of the Mechas. :P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 23:20   Link #1184
Dernhelm
High on Jin

hey NeoSam, do you have a source somewhere where you can get first-hand seiyuu casting information? like i want to know who are the seiyuu assigned for mid-series new characters.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 00:22   Link #1185
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
From Anime News Service:

Gankutsuou Film And New Manga
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo produced in 2004 by GONZO and directed by Mahiro Maeda will see a theatrical film version released at some point in the future. Production is now progressing on it. A special extra manga chapter (being created by Maeda) will serialize this winter in the pages of Kodansha'a Afternoon.
This is a mistake. What Newtype had was a short blurb from each famous director on what they are doing in 2007. This was simply about Mahiro Maeda. He said that he will continue serializing the Gankutsuou manga in Afternoon in Spring (it stopped running towards the end of last year because he needed a break) and that his theatrical film project is also progressing. The theatrical film project has nothing to do with Gankutsuou, it's a seperate project.

It's very important to root out misinformation like this before it spreads!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 03:20   Link #1186
NeoSam

Dernhelm, you can use ANN for that.

As to new announced anime, the seiyuu of most of these shows haven't been announced yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
This is a mistake. What Newtype had was a short blurb from each famous director on what they are doing in 2007. This was simply about Mahiro Maeda. He said that he will continue serializing the Gankutsuou manga in Afternoon in Spring (it stopped running towards the end of last year because he needed a break) and that his theatrical film project is also progressing. The theatrical film project has nothing to do with Gankutsuou, it's a seperate project.

It's very important to root out misinformation like this before it spreads!
I see, thanks for the info
Old 2007-01-08, 04:13   Link #1187
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Dernhelm, you can use ANN for that.
i should have said "other than ANN" but thanks anyway. sometimes the info there isn't reliable, that's why i asked.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 05:19   Link #1188
NeoSam

The following have not yet been confirmed to get an anime adaptation.
If they get an anime I'll post about it.

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Indian Summer (Koharu Biyori) Anime?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
A substantial announcement (possibly anime conversion) regarding Mizuki Takehito's Indian Summer (Koharu Biyori) manga is expected in the April edition of Dengeki Teioh magazine. The issue streets on February 26th.
Indian Summer (Koharu Biyori) is a seinen moe~ manga, its serialized in the young men's moe~ magazine Dengeki Moeoh.

But this big announcement will be in the April 2007 edition of Dengeki Moeoh magazine and not Dengeki Teioh. The seinen magazine Dengeki Teioh got defunct recently.

Genre: Seinen, Comedy

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Mushiuta Anime?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
A big announcement (possibly regarding an anime or manga adaptation) surrounding Iwai Kyohei and Ruroo's light novel Mushiuta is due in the April, 2007 edition of Kadokawa Shoten's Sneaker.
Mushiuta is a male oriented light novel, its serialized in the male oriented light novel magazine The Sneaker (the magazine that serialized the male oriented light novels Trinity Blood and Suzumiya Haruhi).

Genre: Shounen/Seinen, Fantasy

I'll post the covers if they really get an anime but wow the covers of Mushiuta are so moe~ >.<

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-01-08 at 08:37.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 12:58   Link #1189
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellini 8.5 View Post
I, for one, have been anxiously awaiting word of it ever since I read that article. Imagine my surprise this morning upon finding out that it's now reality!

But then again, I'm weird that way.

Well, off to find every tiny scrap of information I can about it!
Hahaha!!! I know what you mean. Can't wait to see the character designs for it. Should be interesting. In all it's crazy, femme fatale glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Yes, another series with Kajiura Yuki! Let's see what she comes up with this time. I'll at least watch it for the music since I'm not a fan of Bee Train or this kind of story.
Hahahah!!! It's funny that you mention that because that was something that came to mind when I heard about the new project. And again according to the interview they talked about how 'Kajiura Yuki' has become a part of the 'Bee Train' family. So I was like,

"Well, I guess they'll be pulling 'Yuki Kajiura' into this."

If it's got that "Euro" feel to it she'll be perfect for this. But seeing how the show is slated for 'April' they're probably almost finished. I'm curious to see what she comes up with now. Don't be surprised folks will start complaining about her music. As far as I'm concerned I really don't care. To each his own. I like 'Kanno' and 'Kajiura'. So I'm not really picky. Whatever 'Kajiura-san' comes up with I'm sure I'll like it and buy it. More than likely if I like the show, and more than likely I will the album will be added to the rest of the soundtracks I have by her. 'Noir' being the first. Sorry, no '.hack' or whatever "hack" for me. Don't know enough to care.

So far college is back on, and lots of stuff to look forward to in 'April'. Overseas and here

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 11:07   Link #1190
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
ICE OVA Surfaces
--------------------------------------------------------
Yasushi Akimoto (6 Angels, Azuki-chan, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS) is heading up a new OVA project in Japan entitled ICE. Rather discretely and without much fanfare details were announced at Comiket 71. Akimoto has in the past written the One Missed Call screenplay for Takashi Miike, he's also a professor at Kyoto University Arts And Design. Ice is a science fiction story where men have been killed off the face of the Earth through a catastrophe and only women survived.
The 3 OAV series is being directed by Kobayashi Makoto who worked on 6 Angels in 2002 and in the past did mecha designs for Gundam Z, Gundam ZZ and 1992's Giant Robo. Covering the character designs post is Masaya Onishi who worked with Studio Pierrot on many productions including Gegege No Kitaro (1985-88), Bleach and Key the Metal Idol. Yasushi Hirano will write the script, he also worked on 6 Angels and in the past wrote the third season of Lupin III and Gundam Zeta. Korean Musician Won Ill will score the original soundtrack. Producer Hiroaki Inoue worked with Tezuka Productions before joining Gainax as a founding member in 1984, he later helped AIC develop the Tenchi Muyo! boom in the early-mid 1990's. P.P.M will produce the Animation on ICE. The first volume hits retail in Japan on May 25th and releases will follow a monthly schedule through July. Seiyuu include Junko Minagawa, Kurumi Mamiya, Otori Yoshino, Akira Ishida, Yuko Oshima, Tomomi Kasai, Natsuki Sato, Masaru Imai and Haruna Ikezawa. A limited anbimation flash trailer exists on the official website: www.project-ice.com. An extended trailer was shown at Comiket 71 and can be seen at You Tube.
Old 2007-01-10, 05:01   Link #1191
NeoSam

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
Full One Piece Movie 8 Trailer Released
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The official homepage for the eighth One Piece motion picture, "One Piece: Episode of Alabaster - Sabaku no Ojou to Kaizoku Tachi," not hosts a streaming, full length theatrical trailer. The film is scheduled to premier on March 3rd.
Old 2007-01-10, 06:09   Link #1192
cyth
Banned

I hope that's not the official English title of the movie, as One Piece fans will go ballistic.
Quote:
The name Alabasta is clearly printed on the Log Pose which Sanji takes from Mr. 13 at Little Garden.
He gets this item in the last pages of Chapter 127, the first chapter in Volume 15.
By contrast, the name is printed as Arabasta on the map of the whole country which appears at the end of Volume 19:
Let's just hope AnimeNation screwed up.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 16:34   Link #1193
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
I hope that's not the official English title of the movie, as One Piece fans will go ballistic.
My personal solution for my own application in spelling is that if the Japanese pronouncement of an english word has a "R" sound then I spell it with a "L", and if a word has the overriding pronouncement of a "L" then the word most likely needs to be replaced with a "R" when spelling. Of course, there are exception but it seems to work for me in most occasion when the subject is anime.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:17   Link #1194
NeoSam

More details of Chikyuu he... (Terra e...) anime: (Original Work and Animation Production)

==========

地球へ…
Chikyuu he... (Terra e...)

Broadcast: April 2007

Original Work: Takemiya Keiko
Director: Yamasaki Osamu
Mecha Design: Izubuchi Yutaka
Character Design: Yuki Nobuteru
Animation Production: Minami-Machi Bugyousho

==========
Old 2007-01-12, 02:21   Link #1195
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
\Interestigly enough, Terre e is going to replace Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi's time slot, which is going to be shortened from its original 50 episode run due to poor ratings.
Sorry, does someone have an official source or bulliten for this conclusion, I just need some closure.

Plus on it's ratings, maybe it cost too much to make to sustain with the ratings it's pulling or it doesn't measure up to what MBS wanted. Seed FMA and SEED desitiny pulled double what ayashi was pulling, UNJUSTLY (well in relation to the seed duopoly, sheesh).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 02:41   Link #1196
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Sorry, does someone have an official source or bulliten for this conclusion, I just need some closure.
It's on MoonPhase.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 07:43   Link #1197
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Trickster Anime Collaboration Coming
------------------------------------------------------------------
GC Crest's popular MMORPG Trickster has been revealed to be heading for some major undisclosed anime collaboration in the near future. Details remain unannounced although a silhouetted figure that bears a striking resemblence to the main character of Getsumen Usagi Heiki Mina has been released as a teaser.
For info about Trickster:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickster_(MMORPG)

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-01-12 at 08:13. Reason: Fixed link to wiki >.<
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 11:42   Link #1198
NeoSam

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
Tetsujin 28 Movie Site Opened
-------------------------------------------------------------
The official Japanese homepage for the upcoming Tetsujin 28 gou: Hakuchuu no Zangetsu motion picture is now open. The film is scheduled to open theatrically in Japan on March 31st.

Source: Moon Phase
Old 2007-01-12, 17:13   Link #1199
cyth
Banned

The ICE OVA site got updated and is now hosting the trailer as well with some key information. And oh my, this looks old-school.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 18:42   Link #1200
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Thanks NeoSam

The Sakura Taisen V OVA were just been announced. We can count 3. The First will be released on 4 April 2007
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers