AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-18, 22:06   Link #401
Blade_ Runner
Banned

Who are you talking to. What are you talking about?
Old 2009-03-18, 22:07   Link #402
Scarlett_Rain55

You, quoting people takes too long.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:08   Link #403
StrawRabbi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post

Spoiler for 350:

hmm maybe you get extra powers when you die a couple times over O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_ Runner View Post
Even if Kubo doesn’t see it, I do. That is why I am a rabid UlquiHime Shipper.
Lol i love that couple! To bad Ulquiorra is trying to kill her. what a shame
i'm not being saracastic. i really like the couple.

Quote:
@ Fran could it be you are not thinking enough? You keep saying that yet it is full of it.
I think Fran is right. Bleach is just teasing you. Tite even said he wasn't trying to make it into a romantic manga. That's why it's shōnen. Sadly their are just hints of what could be.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:12   Link #404
Scarlett_Rain55

Anyways I like how Ichigo gets all the powerups whenever Orihime is around. Sure Ichigo got Bankai for Rukia but she was never around to see it, Orihime has seen everything Ichigo has went through. He just had a goal in his mind to rescue her. Oh wait nvm, Ichigo never thinks about Orihime in his head or says he wants to save her so I fail, even though people say actions speak louder than words, but w/e.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:17   Link #405
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
So it's a Shounen Fran? ^_^ It has romance right?. Game. Set Match Point (You negated your own "It's a Shounen it can't have romance argument")
>_< Come on... you are talking without knowing:

Shonen is a demographic definition: Shonen is a term using to gather the demographic male population from late-elementary to junior high-High School. It isnt a genre by itself. Now... there are:
Action Shonen Manga: Dragonball
Romance Shonen Manga: Ichigo 100%
Sports Shonen Manga: Slam Dunk

I always try to use Shounen plus its genre, sometimes i skipped and it's my fault. But Shonen has a lot of genres.

Besides Shounen there is its counterpart: Shoujo, there is
Action Shoujo Manga: Sailor Moon
Romance Shoujo Manga: Full Moon
Sports Shoujo Manga: Ace o Nerae

and there is also, Seinen (adult-men), Josei (adult-women) and Kodomo (children).

Before said something so childish like a game, set, match, try to read about how Manga is classified.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:18   Link #406
Blade_ Runner
Banned

Uh no I wanted to see it you'd shout "Shounen" it's plenty romantic. So you can't use that argument

@ Straw.

He never said it isn't romance. It means that swords will clash more than love scenes but it wasn't absent.

Ulquiorra has never tried to hurt Orihime. He just likes hurting her friends
Old 2009-03-18, 22:23   Link #407
Scarlett_Rain55

Yeah hurt her mentally...That's even worse.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:24   Link #408
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Uh no I wanted to see it you'd shout "Shounen" it's plenty romantic. So you can't use that argument
No, i can use it anytime because I DO KNOW how the mechanics works.
Look... even Dragonball teased us with an ending called "romantic ageruyo", with the epitome of Action Shounen Manga, the protagonist got married, they had children, but where was the love?... besides some blushing, some Bulma's moments... we had ZERO love.

Quote:
Ulquiorra has never tried to hurt Orihime. He just likes hurting her friends
By proxy he is hurting her...
Old 2009-03-18, 22:26   Link #409
Blade_ Runner
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
No, i can use it anytime because I DO KNOW how the mechanics works.
Look... even Dragonball teased us with an ending called "romantic ageruyo", with the epitome of Action Shounen Manga, the protagonist got married, they had children, but where was the love?... besides some blushing, some Bulma's moments... we had ZERO love..

Can Bleach ever be discussed without the Naruto/DBZ comparison. Is that the only manga/anime you know?!

Inuyasha was action right?

You can't say it is and then it isn't because it's a different type of shounen.

You said "Shounens" can't have romance...No you said" they don't have any"

Do they come with romance or don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
By proxy he is hurting her...
Spoiler for use tags it's a spoiler:
Old 2009-03-18, 22:30   Link #410
Scarlett_Rain55

Simple

Depends on the author. I don't see why people were all surprised at chapter 237 when Naruto has even more romance than that.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:31   Link #411
Blade_ Runner
Banned

Yeah between Sasuke and Naruto. They pwn all the other ships.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:31   Link #412
Sinta

Quote:
OOO somebody's getting all defensive up in here.

"What to do" was in Orihime's mind, yet Ichigo knows she's saying that? Unless new spoilers prove me wrong you can spank me!

And I didn't say IchigoXOrihime was like InuyashaXKagome, I was saying how corny both of them are and how the casuals recognize and remark that IchigoXOrihime are as corny and cheesy like a canon couple.

Oh I didn't make it...ehehehhehe. I stole it from some innocent soul! Not like she'll know.
Defensive? Uh?? i'm so confused.

Yes I believe that inoue did say "what to do." but I don't see any indication that Ichigo heard her thoughts or maybe I missed it.

Spoiler:

People were comparing uh inuyasha and bleach uh? I hope you set them right because if they think there is any resemblance between Ichigo/inoue and Kagome/inuyasha they must be reading different mangas than me.

Ahh...I see you just want to get SPANKED I guess I can't argue with that.

Shounen has plenty of romance. Look at Elementard Giald, Zega Pain, Buso Rekien, any or all of the gundams,. I have always wondered why people say there isn't any romance in Shounen; romance is a very common theme, probably the most common theme right after action.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:36   Link #413
Scarlett_Rain55

IDK, we should just wait for the actually chapter. But getting spanked by Sinta kun is no punishment at all. EHEHHEHEHE <3
Old 2009-03-18, 22:39   Link #414
blue skies
noch einmal?

What little romance there is in Bleach is overshadowed by the bloodshed, bulging biceps and abnormal hair growth. There are elements of romance in the story, but there will never be a full-blown makeout session featuring Ichigo/Orihime, Ichigo/Rukia, Ishida/Orihime, Ichigo/Renji's bankai or anything else. At this point, I really doubt any pairing will be canon by the end of the manga. Though it's no secret I'd like Orihime to wake up and smell the Ishida.

Quote:
Oh wait nvm, Ichigo never thinks about Orihime in his head or says he wants to save her so I fail, even though people say actions speak louder than words, but w/e.
You don't fail, babe. And I'm pretty sure he's said he wants to save her, too (or something to that effect idk, my memory gets a little hazy when it comes to Ichigo). My problem is that I think he would do all of this for any of his friends. He's already gone to hell and back for Rukia, now Orihime, and I'd bet ten bucks he'd do it for Chad or Ishida (or even Nel) too. If he suddenly takes Orihime in his arms and declares his love for her at the end of all this, it would feel forced and fake to me, same as it would with Rukia. I think Kubo's putting an emphasis on friendship and the whole "lol nakama" thing more than romance, which makes me doubt that he's going to take Ichigo's relationship with either girl any further, romantically speaking.

I'm probably the only person on this planet who's still hoping Orihime will grow a pair (metaphorically) and learn to take care of herself without Kurosaki-kun's help.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:40   Link #415
Fran~
floating away...

Ok... i surrender... that's why shipping is bad... the plot will judge this at last.

PS: I'm just like Orihime as a character, i'm not picking any side, but i respect your choices for Orihime... but there is a plot, you know?.

Peace
Old 2009-03-18, 22:40   Link #416
Sinta

Quote:
IDK, we should just wait for the actually chapter. But getting spanked by Sinta kun is no punishment at all. EHEHHEHEHE <3
Hhahahah, Nice:
Old 2009-03-18, 22:42   Link #417
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post

I'm probably the only person on this planet who's still hoping Orihime will grow a pair (metaphorically) and learn to take care of herself without Kurosaki-kun's help.
She can end up with him and grow a pair at the same time!
Old 2009-03-18, 22:44   Link #418
Blade_ Runner
Banned

Um Scarrlett? So what if she witnesses anything? What "Bonds" have they formed. Same room does not a pair make. Have you noticed they are never alone.

When Rukia is hurt or nearly killed. What does Ichigo do? Put everything on hold and try to save her. Bet it happens soon ^_^

@blue skies.No you are not I said the same in the manga thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiechan View Post
Actually I've done a count--Ishida and Orihime have had way more physical body contact than many couples in the manga--by accidental bumping (when Chad threw Ishida into Orihime after the spirit bomb thingie that was supposed to land in the Seireitei exploded), the time Ishida swooped her into his arms to save her, just recently when she was touching his arm as he Quincy-elevatored her up to the top of the dome (there was a cute Japanese cartoon about that I wish I could find but my Bleach art files are a mess) and a couple other times I'm not recalling.

Yes, IshiHime shippers are happy. Why not?

Ishida's been so cool lately. And saving Orihime from Ichigo is fulfilling the Valentine's Day chapter foreshadowing... and any body contact is cool...

and seriously, if he caught her one-handed, that is gonna rock so hard. ISHIDA IS TEH MAN.
I agree but if you look closely. Ishida's feelings are as one-sided as Orihime. And he is like Ichigo. He has a negative effect on her self esteem.

Ulquiorra did Orihime the biggest favor by abusing Ichigo.
Why Orihime really broke down In Chapter 349

Because she feared for Ichigo’s and Ishida’s safety,--she had a meltdown. Reason being: because Ichigo couldn’t defeat Ulquiorra. She thinks that she couldn’t possibly do it either. Then Ishida, her go-to-guy loses a part of his upper extremity.
Once again Ichigo and Ishida have a negative effect on personality. Never once does she tremble in fear of Ulquiorra. Instead she cries because of own failings, because Ichigo fell and Ishida has lost a forearm (Quincy you really do own)

She says this herself. This isn’t just interpretation.

Her statement in 349 can be used as evidence of this.

Not once did she cry about what Ulquiorra had done. She cried because Ichigo lost. She didn’t blame him not once; instead she berates herself for her own actions.
Her unwavering belief in Kurosaki-kun, is the greatest being in the world All while denying the reality and living in a fantasy. One where Ichigo would save her—her knight-in-shining-armor complex was the key factor. The realization of this very thing is what broke her down.

When I first read that chapter, I was unhappy with her. Now that I have analyzed the situation, I can truly say that Ulquiorra has actually done her favor. I am no longer upset with her at all. In fact I think it made me ...erm…a bit more sympathetic.
I don’t mind it either. I see her in whole new light. This is all due to her character development, while she was with Ulquiorra.

I hope in future chapters; she will realize that she is strong and capable girl. That no one is Superman or Superwoman. I hope to see her recognize her own value without Ichigo’s” Seal of Approval.” Something she could need to recognize on her own. Not have Ichigo do it for her.

If not for Ulquiorra and his inept way of expressing his emotions and feelings for her—if she had never met him-- I couldn’t, I wouldn’t have the hopes that I will see the things in her character that will make me go "YOU GO GIRL!"

Ishida doesn't do that. I think he was intended but KT also likes UquiHime. He doesn't like IchiHime.

Ishida..
Even now he can’t tell her the truth (Looks like Kurosaki-Kun is going to get his ass whipped)

Granted, it looks like Ishida was correct knowing she couldn’t handle the truth. Yet, I can’t help but think after seeing her thoughts. If she had been better prepared, she may not have had such a meltdown.

She convinced herself Ichigo couldn’t lose. *Escapism FTW!*

When that is illogical since there’s always a chance, there will be a winner and a loser in fight. Maybe if Ishida had been more honest. She wouldn’t have had a choice but to accept reality. Maybe she could deal with it better. Since he didn’t we will never know.
I just think in relationship, a healthy one you shouldn’t keep things like that from a person. Helping them with denial never bodes well for a “Real Romantic Pairing” (If you like it, I love it. It just doesn’t float my boat)
Old 2009-03-18, 22:48   Link #419
Kuroda

looks like everyones looking for a target. *sigh* how about we discuss my opinion.

I see no romance in bleach, in any way shape or form....... all i see in genuinely caring about each other and Inoue has been the only one who has really expressed any true feelings for anyone... other than that nothing has happened yet and i doubt it will.... until we see some real "Romance" it does not exist.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:50   Link #420
Blade_ Runner
Banned

No it's just shippers are hanging out and for once. 3 ships are battling over Orihime. It's not everyone for Ichigo.

I am fighting for Emo-car's team
Closed Thread