AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 03:07   Link #121
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Other than the references, it's funny to see the cast taking a jab at the live-action version of "a certain anime about collecting stuff".
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 03:24   Link #122
Pachael
原作通り

The switcheroo argument gag always gets me.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 04:37   Link #123
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

This show is... promising.

As long as it doesn't go for HEAVY DRAMA END I'll probably enjoy it.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 04:40   Link #124
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Don't know why some people don't really like this show but it was a great episode to me, they even sarcasmed Dragon ball evolution when Minatsu was talking about the seven balls.
The new seiyuu cast also impressed me greatly especially the pettanko part, hope that they will also keep this up in next eps.
Beruko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 05:32   Link #125
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Alright people, let's not argue. Repeat after me :

Pettanko.
Un-tan.
Pettanko.
Un-tan.
Pettanko.
Un-tan.
Pettanko.
Un-tan.
Pettanko.
Un-tan.

And continue until we are all calmed down.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 05:42   Link #126
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Reading a lot of the reactions here my expectations were not really high when stepping in to this, but i must say: this was one hell of an enjoyable episode. I guess it all boils down to what type of humor one enjoys, and while usually parodies and reference gags don't sit too well with me, this one somehow managed to tickle my fancy, and tickle it good. The sheer audacity of the references, the matter-of-course ease the characters integrate those within their interactions (You can tell they are used to it ) and the shamelessness of it all - for me personally, it made for a very entertaining episode.

I found all the characters quite likable as well, with their odd, if predictable, quirks. It was simply a lot of fun watching these characters interact; i don't know if they can keep it up for the course of a whole anime without going stale and getting too repetitive, but we shall see - if they can keep it up, here is one watcher sold on the show. While Nyan Koi was entertaining in a cute sort of way, this one actually make me laugh a couple of times, which is all i really ask froma comedy - to be entertaining, and entertain it did.
Old 2009-10-05, 07:17   Link #127
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , for all comedy anime in this season , this first episode is my fav too .
The sub said "Aka-chan" => "Little red"
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 09:21   Link #128
Wrath88
Kissing...

Reminds me greatly of the first time I watched Hayate no Gotoku, with all the ref-ing, except MUCH more blatant.

Was the part about 'posting encouraging comments on the blog', it sounds like Koko ni Iru Yo, anyone else thought that?
Old 2009-10-05, 09:37   Link #129
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Wow. The HATE. The UTTER HATE for this series is on a shocking level for me. Maybe they don't like such direct jabs at their favorite anime or something, but wow. Almost every anime blog and reviewers out there slam this show more than Queen's Blade and that's saying something.
Because it just isn't really that funny to most people and it really, really falls flat after the pre-opening. The show is at it's best when it isn't trying to take itself seriously and is absolutely horrible when it does. The girls are blatantly stereotypical and they don't even do a good job at exploiting that.

Quote:
Also, I always thought Studio Deen was primed for a comedy like this one. Especially after all the funny antics in some Higurashi episodes.
No. Studio Deen should not be doing a comedy, especially a mass reference one. I can't wait for the bitching about how cheap the animation is to begin. It's hilarious to think of how cheap the animation is already in episode 1 and how it's going to get even cheaper. You can already see them cutting corners on episode 1.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 09:50   Link #130
uis

Oh well Seitokai is a type an anime Love it or Hate it...
Some people really love it... comedy, gag and parody really good and all character is likeable...

But some people really hate it... Flat, boring and stereotype character...

But i agree that animation not that good... It is still watchable but i not expecting much from art...
That remind me 1st ep of Needless that some people love it and some people hate it...

Oh well the hater will avoid thread later and only fan remain here... ^^

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 09:54   Link #131
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Why the animations should be great to make a good anime ?
You can make a great anime without great animation .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 10:08   Link #132
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Why the animations should be great to make a good anime ?
You can make a great anime without great animation .
I'd like to think that a combination of great parts is what makes truly great anime, but I can agree that it's possible to make very enjoyable anime even if the animation is lacking.

In the case of Seitokai no Ichizon, the animation quality is yet another nail in the coffin, however.
Old 2009-10-05, 10:25   Link #133
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
The animation may lack its good but i don't really care since they made a good adaption anyways (in my opinion). Especially the part when Kei found something strange that the scene in anime didn't match to the novel's
Beruko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 10:27   Link #134
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
That remind me 1st ep of Needless that some people love it and some people hate it...
Seems like the case here as well.

I simply can't comprehend why people aren't jumping onto this right off the bat for being genius. As a parody series this was a better start than Lucky Star for me by a long shot and we all know why people are over hyped over that series *coughkyoani*.

That said, they can keep their mediocrity and I will keep my "truly funny" series

Great first episode I would say. Parodies were hilarious (gotta love the jab on Evolution being utter shit and toxic), lovable unique and cute characters...loli president and most of all, a male who is totally perverted but not in an offensive sort of way. Couldn't be better!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 10:29   Link #135
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Because it just isn't really that funny to most people and it really, really falls flat after the pre-opening. The show is at it's best when it isn't trying to take itself seriously and is absolutely horrible when it does. The girls are blatantly stereotypical and they don't even do a good job at exploiting that.
I can understand that the show won't hit the correct buttons for everyone, but the amount of hate on the series is kind of ridiculous considering their basing all of this on the first episode. I'm going to use Lucky Star as an example again... if I judged the series based off of them talking about chocolate cornets for the majority of the episode, then yeah I would have definitely been feel the same way as you do about Setokai right now. What I'm saying is that shows like these (all shows really) deserve more time to either click for those who don't like it, or begin to grow stale for those who do.

And personally, I think they did a decent enough job exploiting the characters' stereotypical personalities... some a little too much.

Quote:
No. Studio Deen should not be doing a comedy, especially a mass reference one. I can't wait for the bitching about how cheap the animation is to begin. It's hilarious to think of how cheap the animation is already in episode 1 and how it's going to get even cheaper. You can already see them cutting corners on episode 1.
Yeah the animation is cheap, but it's not like it's downright bad to the point where you vomit where you look at it.
Old 2009-10-05, 10:50   Link #136
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
I don't get you. They were exploiting the stereotypical aspects of the situation ALL episode.

Quote:
Studio Deen always has been a 'cheap' animation studio. That is nothing to gripe about especially now. Also, especially if it's a comedy anime. And what's wrong with Deen making comedies? I think they were spreading itself thin by trying to make epics and other serious stuff way too much.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 11:01   Link #137
HandofFate

i found the first episdoe hilarious.
I guess I take this as my 'otaku humor' series for the season.
Old 2009-10-05, 11:28   Link #138
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Studio Deen always has been a 'cheap' animation studio. That is nothing to gripe about especially now. Also, especially if it's a comedy anime. And what's wrong with Deen making comedies? I think they were spreading itself thin by trying to make epics and other serious stuff way too much.
DEEN have already done some decent comedy shows in the past. Most recent one (and it's still airing) that comes to mind would be Hetalia Axis Powers. That show pretty much shows that they can deliver with the genre.
Old 2009-10-05, 11:39   Link #139
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

True, though that show was the epitome of QUALITY.

And even shows like 07Ghost was probably best when it wasn't taking itself seriously.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 12:42   Link #140
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Eh, StudioDeen can be great if they put enough effort into it, but otherwise, not so much. It really all depends.

And I checked this series out because of the mixed talk about it. We already know all about the bad reviews but there are some good reviews as well. Just because of that, I gave it a chance.

I didn't like it so much. Thought it was rather boring but I did catch alot of the references. I just think they were poorly executed. The jokes were like tossing frisbees, expecting the audience to go and fetch every single one & laugh about it. I've seen way funnier anime/manga series than this. I feel like this anime is going to dig its own grave sooner or later

If I have time ( or even bother to) I might watch 2 more episodes to conclude what I think.
First impressions aren't everything in a show.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, parody, school life, shounen, student council