AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-16, 16:29   Link #1941
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
One thing I really didn't understand about Suzaku is how he became so strong going through the seris...he started out as being a normal soldier, then just became this insane pilot, all the way to the very last episode where he is out running bullets. Unless I missed something (only seen it one time through) It really makes no sense on he he became this unbeatable character
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 16:34   Link #1942
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Suzaku was more than normal since the start. He was selected for Lancelot because he's the only one who has the reflexes for it.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 16:38   Link #1943
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Suzaku was more than normal since the start. He was selected for Lancelot because he's the only one who has the reflexes for it.
he wasnt selected
he was the only one there at the time to try it out (and as per normal mecha anime law, turned out to be the best match)
but he does have superhuman capabilities
and had them from the start (he spinzaku'd lulu in ep 1 from half the room away)
Old 2008-10-16, 23:42   Link #1944
Charred Knight

From my understanding, one plotline from the second season would explain that Suzaku has a link to Geass, which was mentioned just before Euphemia shot up the stadium. This would have explained his super human abilities but the plot line was abandoned.

So no reason was ever given for Suzaku's abilities
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 00:24   Link #1945
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
From my understanding, one plotline from the second season would explain that Suzaku has a link to Geass, which was mentioned just before Euphemia shot up the stadium. This would have explained his super human abilities but the plot line was abandoned.

So no reason was ever given for Suzaku's abilities
Remember when Lelouch geassed Suzaku with the "Live On" command to prevent him from dying on that island in the R1? Under the geass influence, he could bend the command to get him out of dangerous spot. The only person who could remove it is Jerimariah.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 00:34   Link #1946
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Remember when Lelouch geassed Suzaku with the "Live On" command to prevent him from dying on that island in the R1? Under the geass influence, he could bend the command to get him out of dangerous spot. The only person who could remove it is Jerimariah.
He was running up walls before that, also Live On does not work like that, it doesn't give you super human abilities.

If Suzaku was all of a sudden falling off a cliff he wouldn't be able to fly, he would die.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:43   Link #1947
killbethy

I posted this somewhere else, but I think it's more fitting here...

Did "Code Geass" really end?
No.
Did "Lelouch of the Rebellion" end?
Yes.

There are so many unanswered questions... most of the big ones I find have nothing to do with the characters (other than C.C., because of her affiliation with Geass)

1. According to Newtype, the power of Geass has something to do with the very existence of humankind...

This was never explained throughout the series. By the end of the series, I think most viewers took the power of "Geass" for granted in the series and competely forgot to question why the power exists in the first place and how it came to be.

2. The existence of Thought Elevators and the Sword of Akasha... why are they there? Where are they from? They seem to be relics, and are referred to as such, but why were they formed in the first place?

3. Who are those people on the Jupiter-like planet with Geass sigils on their foreheads like C.C.?

4. Why include shots of this Jupiter planet if you aren't going to explain it?

5. What is C.C.'s real name and why hype it up so much to never give an answer? Does knowing a Geass givers real name have some kind of importance, since we never know V.V.'s name either. Could it be necessary to know the Geass givers name to get their code? Who knows. Never explained.

6. How does the Code work? How is it transferred? Does it automatically kill the owner of the Code once it is taken. All we can do from the series is speculate on how the Code is taken and if death is necessary afterwards or just desired.

7. Who are the "gods"? We are told by V.V. that they are not "how we think of gods to be", but still, how are they responsible for the wars of humankind? What kind of role do they play? If these "gods" are really in control, then no plan, not even the Zero Requiem can fix the current situation and bring peace to the Code Geass world. So do they exist or not?

I really do think they need to figure out a way to wrap this up with the viewers to really end Code Geass, or people will always wonder if there will be more of the show since so many questions went unanswered about the Code Geass universe itself. I'm completely fine with Lelouch's role in Code Geass being over... his journey was a great one to watch. But after creating such a complex world with complex systems, some explanations should be made. Otherwise, why bring them up at all?

Personally, if they did anything more with it... I think showing the time setting should be Charles and V.V.'s youth, the formation of Marianne and Charles' relationship and the childhood of Nunnally and Lelouch in Britannia, how V.V. became entwined with Geass, how they met C.C., their discoveries of the gods and why they want to kill them. Since we know every day was like a battle for Charles and it is mentioned that Lelouch resembled his father many times, they could definitely weave an interesting story and wrap up the Code Geass world that way without messing with the ending of Lelouch's story.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 06:35   Link #1948
Solidus1321

Well they prob shouldn't mess with the ending of lelouch unless somehow they where going bring him back and have this whole new awsome plot with big explosions and lots of mecha fights for another 25 episodes (I wish ). But to me it feels like they did leave the door open on lelouchs death. Maybe that could be a little better explained some how. But yeah what you just said would be really nice to have wraped up. I say it a lot, but a movie would be great, I know thats not going happen but would help end this whole WTF?! feeling I been haveing sense the end of r2.
Old 2008-10-17, 10:51   Link #1949
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I watched Turn 7 earlier, does anyone else also wonder why the guy with purple hair and glasses from the OOTBK is blushing after Nunnally's speech? Meh, this is something trivial but I'm curious if someone else noticed that too.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 10:53   Link #1950
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
I watched Turn 7 earlier, does anyone else also wonder why the guy with purple hair and glasses from the OOTBK is blushing after Nunnally's speech? Meh, this is something trivial but I'm curious if someone else noticed that too.
Lolicon, of course.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 11:04   Link #1951
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Lolicon, of course.
My first thought was moe
Old 2008-10-17, 11:09   Link #1952
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
My first thought was moe
Well, in Ougi/Viletta's wedding picture, he's standing w/ Tian Zi and Kaguya. And the picture of Gino and Tian Zi on Kallen's wall has him in the background looking defensive, so I'm saying lolicon is more likely (and he had the nerve to think Lelouch was a horrible person).
Old 2008-10-17, 11:19   Link #1953
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
So this is coming in October....
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4778311515/
Spoiler for 説明:
Just wondering, is there any new information from the above magazine?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 11:27   Link #1954
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, in Ougi/Viletta's wedding picture, he's standing w/ Tian Zi and Kaguya. And the picture of Gino and Tian Zi on Kallen's wall has him in the background looking defensive, so I'm saying lolicon is more likely (and he had the nerve to think Lelouch was a horrible person).
Should the two be necessarily mutually exclusive?

edit: wait, I'll post the screenshot of the guy i'm talking about. It's not guilford.

here you go:

Spoiler for screenshot:
Old 2008-10-17, 11:27   Link #1955
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Can you honestly blame the guy? Those lolis are irresistibly cute.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 12:46   Link #1956
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for the translation. I'm not able to +rep you now. Shall do that when I'm able to.

As expected from the title of a Taste of Dirt, Lelouch had 'a taste of it'. Referring to Suzaku stepping on his head scene . He is really doing well despite being the former prince of Britannia. This is really a fun section to tease Lelouch . What?! they called him an obasan. How cute Rolo-rag has to be one of his most classic quote to render them the release of a rag with the first press of the DVD vol. 2.

Well, Suzaku's cat is indeed loyal but making a grave for him is too much. We never know since this is Code Geass . Who knows, Arthur could be a human whose Geass allows him to transfer soul to a cat (Darker than Black reference ).

Posting up the rest of the wordy scans.

Spoiler for length:
Adding on Talking Rebellion pages. I missed that out. That piece of 'poem' can be found in there.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 16:38   Link #1957
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus1321 View Post
Well they prob shouldn't mess with the ending of lelouch unless somehow they where going bring him back and have this whole new awsome plot with big explosions and lots of mecha fights for another 25 episodes (I wish ). But to me it feels like they did leave the door open on lelouchs death. Maybe that could be a little better explained some how. But yeah what you just said would be really nice to have wraped up. I say it a lot, but a movie would be great, I know thats not going happen but would help end this whole WTF?! feeling I been haveing sense the end of r2.
They could just do a movie like Macross Do you remember love. That was an alternate of the first 36 episodes of the original Macross/Robotech. Just keep all the main development for the main characters and show it in a different way.
Old 2008-10-17, 16:59   Link #1958
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

So many people think CC's real name is so important ^^; CC's storyline is finished imo. Her name real name is not important because that's not the point of her story. Her story is about trying to die from desperation of finding love, and she already got that from Lelouch. Her story is not about her name; the name could've been anything (Henrietta, Lisa, Tom, Jerry, Palin, or whatever) and the story would still be the same. The real name have no significance.

I agree that the nature of geass and the jupiter / suzaku / people with geass sigils is unfinished, though. Geass' story is not finished, but CC's is.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 18:32   Link #1959
Solidus1321

Watch the ending to the last episode. Thought something was funny, Lelouch while he in that parady thing, had all those guy protecting him. And when zero showed up they started to fire on him till he got to lelouch and killed him...then everyone rushed in to free everyone else and the nightmares just stoped, umm what stoped all those Nightmares from just blowing them all away when he dies. I would have thought, I know this is anime, but if something like that happen that there would be a stright up battle right then and there...
Old 2008-10-17, 18:40   Link #1960
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, all those masked soldiers were ordered to serve him. When he died, they probably thought "What the hell are we doing?".
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote