AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-03-10, 20:49   Link #4041
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
All non-Britannians are numbers, which at the start of the series (or rather a few episodes in) is eighteen colonies. That's a lot of people.
I feel so embarassed for not being able to put it so succinctly.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 20:52   Link #4042
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
All non-Britannians are numbers, which at the start of the series (or rather a few episodes in) is eighteen colonies. That's a lot of people.
Ok, so are ALL of the Numbers discriminated against? Or is Japan singled out because of her sakuradite deposits?
Old 2009-03-10, 21:03   Link #4043
azul120

It's safe to say that all Numbers are looked down on. The only ones the show ever focuses on are the Japanese, for storyline purposes.
Old 2009-03-10, 21:05   Link #4044
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, from what I see, it's the classic "divide and conquer" strategy.
Old 2009-03-10, 21:20   Link #4045
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, from what I see, it's the classic "divide and conquer" strategy.
With the power Britannia has, there's no need for "divide and conquer".

Focusing on other occupied colonies would pad out a series that already had a ton to focus on, and little sense of where to direct that focus at times.
Old 2009-03-11, 00:40   Link #4046
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Even the mightiest of empires cannot rule by fear alone. Within Japan (Area 11), there is a system to pit those who support the new order against those who want the old. The "honourary Britannian" system is one such case.
Old 2009-03-11, 02:18   Link #4047
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Even the mightiest of empires cannot rule by fear alone. Within Japan (Area 11), there is a system to pit those who support the new order against those who want the old. The "honourary Britannian" system is one such case.
I wasn't talking about that. But that still adds fuel to the argument that Britannia under Charles used propaganda.
Old 2009-03-12, 04:18   Link #4048
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Funny, I always thought Lelouch's Geass was very overpowered, compared to the others anyway. I mean, the ability to have a person do anything you want them to? All you need to do is say "obey all my commands" and then you're set.

Mao's and Rolo's are pretty up there too. Mao's ability to read people's minds was a real obstacle for Lelouch and he proved to be a formidable opponent. Rolo's "time freeze" was pretty useful too, though it loses points for stopping his heart. Still, in terms of applicability and variability, I think Lelouch's wins out in usefulness.

And Charles' and Marianne's Geass's were a joke. They weren't Geass's so much as they were plot devices, only useful when the situation demanded it. Oh, and Bismarck's Geass; dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Charles at least had some use since he used it on multiple people, Marianne's was just a lousy plot device.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 04:40   Link #4049
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Lelouch did accurately point out that Mao uses his Geass as a crutch. Or even better, the You Know I Know You know trope. Besides, Lelouch is an expert at predicting people's actions. His faceoff before geassing Schneizel was a good example.

Also, Lelouch do know the full implications of the powers of his Geass. He just chooses not to wield. If he had used it to its full power, he's really not much better than Sauron himself.
Old 2009-03-12, 14:12   Link #4050
azul120

Didn't Charles' Geass make him impervious to that of Lelouch?
Old 2009-03-12, 14:34   Link #4051
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Didn't Charles' Geass make him impervious to that of Lelouch?
Nothing of the sort. He was immortal by the time Lelouch tried it, and if anything Lelouch would have the advantage of a Geass which takes effect much quicker.
Old 2009-03-12, 15:17   Link #4052
azul120

Quote:
Nothing of the sort. He was immortal by the time Lelouch tried it, and if anything Lelouch would have the advantage of a Geass which takes effect much quicker.
So basically Lelouch missed his chance by a hair, huh?
Old 2009-03-12, 17:46   Link #4053
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
So basically Lelouch missed his chance by a hair, huh?
Well, not really, the Emperor initiated their conversation, so he never really had the chance to begin with. Suzaku had him pinned the other time.
Old 2009-03-12, 18:41   Link #4054
azul120

Quote:
Well, not really, the Emperor initiated their conversation, so he never really had the chance to begin with.
Even though Lelouch flanked him with the mirror cluster?

Quote:
Suzaku had him pinned the other time.
Yeah. I was so angry at Suzaku for that.
Old 2009-03-12, 19:58   Link #4055
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Even though Lelouch flanked him with the mirror cluster?
The Emperor was already immortal at the time. The mirror cluster was doomed from the start. Charlie simply has a sense of humor and played along.
Old 2009-03-12, 21:42   Link #4056
azul120

Quote:
The Emperor was already immortal at the time. The mirror cluster was doomed from the start. Charlie simply has a sense of humor and played along.
I was referring to the possible scenario that Charles had not taken V. V.'s immortality code, which was what happened right before Lelouch had been sucked into the Sword of Akasha.
Old 2009-03-12, 21:52   Link #4057
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I was referring to the possible scenario that Charles had not taken V. V.'s immortality code, which was what happened right before Lelouch had been sucked into the Sword of Akasha.
Ah, then in that case it probably would have worked. Of course, Charles probably wouldn't be so foolish as to even risk it if he weren't immune.
Old 2009-03-12, 22:01   Link #4058
azul120

Quote:
Ah, then in that case it probably would have worked. Of course, Charles probably wouldn't be so foolish as to even risk it if he weren't immune.
Would Charles keep himself out of eye contact?

And it's still a little annoying that had Suzaku not restrained Lelouch, Lelouch could have Geassed Charles. But of course Suzaku saw Lelouch as the one who needed to be neutralized instead.
Old 2009-03-29, 16:12   Link #4059
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

This thread been dead for awhile.

Been going to other websites recently. Many people believe Lelouch is alive. Even though, we know Lelouch is gone given the facts/sources/staff comments(He died on screen and there's no evidence he received any code. This is gasping at straws). I was wondering that if Lelouch was alive, how would the members here take it. Given the state Nunnally, Kallen and Suzaku are in right now?
Old 2009-03-29, 16:15   Link #4060
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I was wondering that if Lelouch was alive, how would the members here take it. Given the state Nunnally, Kallen and Suzaku are in right now?
Hypothetically speaking, as long as it seriously bothered him that he couldn't speak to any of them, and he had a decent excuse for being alive, then I'd find it acceptable.