AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-19, 00:21   Link #21
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Has 100 Stories(aka Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari) got any better?

I watched the first episode with that wierd ass ghost story and stuff,I remember that was a really wierd episode,and the animation was less than tolerable.Has it got any better?
Old 2003-11-19, 01:19   Link #22
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Really? Why was it less than tolerable animation? When you mean ghost story, it shows you havent understand the plot yet. The story is actually a detective kind where the crimes take place in the past then committer of those crime or the superstitious people makes up stories of ghost and ghouls being behind those incidents.. IMO, the horror setting behind the animation only portrays the evil of those horrible crime..

Several threads on KHM or Hundred Stories exist already that comments on the series and your question could have been a nice edition of comments to those threads..Alas! only if you did a search...
Old 2003-11-19, 03:29   Link #23
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Since I love weird ass gost stories that are really detective stories and I find the unusual art styple extremely compelling I have to say that it doesn't need to get any better than episode 1 since it utterly r0x0red!

Even so, yes. It has gotten better.

Please for another thread to post any further comments on since I'm closing this one.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-02, 21:09   Link #24
sesenke
Inactive Member

hmm

Kousetsu hyaku monotadari are also being fansubbed by 2 chinese fansubbing groups.
One is the Kaiki in traditional chiense.
Another is the a9&ktkj (in fact it's 2 groups.) in simplified Chinese.

So it just proves that, if one knows more languages, one has more anime to watch.
Peace
Old 2003-12-03, 00:19   Link #25
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

I first thought it was one of those weird Japanese shows but after the initial confusing episode, I like it!
Old 2003-12-03, 01:10   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Yes! yes!!...Don Eunuch is on the wagon of this great show...Did you see the third episode?...That was the best episode IMO of the three...Cant wait till the next one comes out...
Old 2003-12-03, 02:08   Link #27
FlyByNite

The series reminds me of BoogiePop except it has more continuity from episode to episode since it does feature the same cast. But it has a different self-contained story in each episode.

It's stylistic very nice looking animation, but then it's really slow-moving and lulls your brain into sleep only to throw some horrific image of a death onto the screen to wake you up.

That's the aspect that reminds me most of Boogiepop. I'd start to doze off then there'd be a scream and nasty murder
Old 2003-12-03, 08:35   Link #28
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Yes! yes!!...Don Eunuch is on the wagon of this great show...Did you see the third episode?...That was the best episode IMO of the three...Cant wait till the next one comes out...
I like the 2nd one better, especially the beginning part where a girl tried to make her baby sleep and then ........
Btw, this show is really slow in being fansubbed. We almost have a gap of at least 2-3 weeks between episodes.
Old 2003-12-03, 10:03   Link #29
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I really like this show as well. But on the episode subject, has there been a problem with the raws or something. Both A-keep and A-kraze have not put out an episode in weeks. Been wondering what happened is all. Be a shame if it wasn't being continued.
Old 2003-12-03, 16:04   Link #30
monir
cho~ kakkoii

No worries since AniKraze just released the 4th..Hope they have better raws to work with this time since the last one was a crappy one..It was this annoying constant background humming noise in episode 3..I thought I have some problem with my MP, but when I dl'ed the A-Keep version it was totally fine..

To Hao Asakura, I liked the 2nd one too but the 3rd one was more meaningful to me and it gave me a little idea about our writer-character...

Quote:
It's stylistic very nice looking animation, but then it's really slow-moving and lulls your brain into sleep only to throw some horrific image of a death onto the screen to wake you up.
I haven't seen the series Boogiepop, but did that series had heroes who were detectives, judges, juries, and executioner in one serving? After seeing each episode is done so well (story wise) to show the ugly-side of humanity
one has to wonder if there is a limit to the ugliness..No matter, our judges will serve the appropriate dish of justice to the villains..*off to dl*
Old 2003-12-03, 21:17   Link #31
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

ep4 i found really distrubing as i think most other ppl will after watching it. I know Akraze released ep5 havent seen it yet but it cant be as messed up as this episode. oh boy now i might have nightmares tonite
Old 2003-12-03, 21:42   Link #32
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
I haven't seen the series Boogiepop, but did that series had heroes who were detectives, judges, juries, and executioner in one serving? After seeing each episode is done so well (story wise) to show the ugly-side of humanity
one has to wonder if there is a limit to the ugliness..No matter, our judges will serve the appropriate dish of justice to the villains..*off to dl*
Err... actually, yes it does. They all just happen to be wrapped up in one character. ^_-

Well, two if you want to include Nagi.

I'm really digging this show as well. It and Planetes are by far my favorites of this season. I'm not seeing any links or references to episode 5 on A-Kraze's page yet, but no matter, I still have to watch episode 4.

In my opinion this show has been getting better with each episode.
Old 2003-12-03, 22:56   Link #33
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
ep4 i found really distrubing as i think most other ppl will after watching it. I know Akraze released ep5 havent seen it yet but it cant be as messed up as this episode. oh boy now i might have nightmares tonite
Keitarou-san, this is
Spoiler:
I'm gonna have nightmares too..But, damn, I love this show..This is one of my two most favorite show in this Fall..As for those who still doesn't want to see this series thinking it just some weird-ass ghost story, come on man/mam wake up and smell the murder..You can see each episode two/three times in one sitting and it still remains as good, if not better, as the first time you watched..

hmm..I am getting curious about Boogiepop..I will check to see if it is licensed..anymore info about this series will be helpful..
Old 2003-12-03, 23:25   Link #34
krusher

oh man ep 4 was awesome

cant wait for the rest
Old 2003-12-04, 00:42   Link #35
Xiandu

This series is f-ing sick!! But that is exactly why it is soo damn good. Every episode just leaves me in shock. Wow does this show go for the jugular. Ep4 really was the sickest imo.

The torrents for 5 were up for a bit, but then they got taken down. Something happened but I'm not sure what happened.
Old 2003-12-04, 01:11   Link #36
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
hmm..I am getting curious about Boogiepop..I will check to see if it is licensed..anymore info about this series will be helpful..
It is, TheRightStuf released it a while back. If you're in the U.S. you should check to see if your local Best Buy has any copies of the limited edition box set. It has the entire series, both soundtracks, and little anime knick knacky stuff, all for about $53.

Everyone seems shocked with Kousetsu episode 4. I think I'll go watch that now. ^_^
Old 2003-12-04, 04:39   Link #37
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
To the forum users here who don't know what's going on with episode 5, here's our channel topic:

* Topic is '[] www.anime-kraze.net [] !rules - !banme [] BT: !ArchiveBT! [] Bot Listing: http://xdcc.anime-kraze.net [] Released: Chrno Crusade 02 [E6DA2C20] Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi 7 [100A70A2] Hundred Stories 04 [[6BB44DB1] Hundred Stories 05 [PULLED V2 LATER] [] Soon: Christmas'

Its status is exactly as it says. Translation / consistency errors were spotted at release time, so it was pulled so we can do a version 2. The torrents were not immediately taken down as I was not around to do that. We apologize for any inconvenience, and I hope you're all still looking forward to watching it.
Old 2003-12-04, 06:32   Link #38
Xiandu

Hey thanks for the update. I was wondering what happened to that episode. I was one of the unfortunate to have gotten the torrent before it was taken down. Looking forward to Ver2.
Old 2003-12-04, 07:30   Link #39
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Downloading ep 4 from A-Kraze now. Can't wait my usual A-Keep version anymore. Couldn't resist the temptation due to all good comments about ep 4 here
Hope that ep 5 v2 of A-Kraze will be uploaded soon.
Old 2003-12-04, 09:41   Link #40
user6177
Account Closed By Request

I started with KHM yesterday. I downloaded the A-Kraze eps because they have released more. I've only watched episode 1 at this point. Now I have 3 questions...

1. What is the translation for the sentence that just pops up (the one with HICBC.com in it)?
2. Is this sentence also in the A-Keep version?

For the A-Kraze folks...

3. Why some of the translation notes? Can't you just put the translation in the sub? Example:
I see a note. I want to read it and the note is gone. I have to "rewind" and pause the episode to read the sub AND the note.
The note for "komatakuguri" is almost the same as the sub.
The next sentence: "... You Yamanekomawashi!!" and translators note "yamanekomawashi = puppeteer", why not just use "You puppeteer!!"? Or is there a difference?

Look, I am not criticizing your work. I still think it's great what you guys are doing. I don't even know how to produce a fansub. I'm no translator and I have no idea what they're saying. But I find it very annoying to pause a movie without a real reason for doing so. (Which I think I did after reading some of the notes.) If you are still putting notes in the eps that's fine by me, but let them stay on screen longer please.

That's all.

Oh yeah... Cool show
Closed Thread