AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-29, 08:33   Link #1241
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
Pretty sure I know what you're referring to, but why does that necessarily mean it's gonna be one cour?
Why would they show 2nd season stuff on a PV for the first (and presumably only) season?

ARturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-07-29, 08:38   Link #1242
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Clannad showed Ushio in the first OP. Didn't see her until the middle-end of After Story,
Old 2012-07-29, 08:39   Link #1243
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Clannad showed Ushio in the first OP. Didn't see her until the middle-end of After Story,
Which many people who didn't play the VN (including me) thought it was just Nagisa when she was a child.
Old 2012-07-29, 08:45   Link #1244
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Touche!

Well here's hoping we get more than 1 season

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-07-29, 09:07   Link #1245
com_gwp

Well, for a JC Staff production it looks to be a reasonable effort. Their lack of artistic details does show, but at least the animation itself looks smooth.
Old 2012-07-29, 09:21   Link #1246
Kamiorika

Well, I am quite happy! Some of it looks a little... eh, but for the most part, I'm pretty satisfied. I also wish they didn't keep those saturated colors though.

And I'm really not worried about episode count because I do believe that the official Twitter account of Key said that the length of the series will be significantly long.

I've never heard Yui Horie voice a guy and I've never heard Sasami's seiyuu before so I can't really say anything about that.

Anyway, I'm freaking out right now!
Old 2012-07-29, 09:31   Link #1247
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So in 10 years Hocchan goes from being a main Key girl (Uguu~) to being a main Key guy (Riki)?
Old 2012-07-29, 10:50   Link #1248
OPN

PV looked great which was surprising given the past image we saw. The animation looked smoother then most JC staff anime and thats good. Art looks fine for the most part. And i am quite worried abut the episode count since they showed two refrain scenes....
edit: Actually i completely forgot but the scene with masato in the PV was in the VN op so i guess they really were just making it an animated version of the VN op. But i do hope they have 38 episodes 13 episodes for refrain and 26 for everyone else.

Last edited by OPN; 2012-07-29 at 11:54.
Old 2012-07-29, 12:28   Link #1249
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Well, for a JC Staff production it looks to be a reasonable effort. Their lack of artistic details does show, but at least the animation itself looks smooth.
^My exact thoughts. Although, this is basically the OP animated. Hardly a PV
Old 2012-07-29, 12:29   Link #1250
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
^My exact thoughts. Although, this is basically the OP animated. Hardly a PV
Doesn't make it bad infact its probably the best they could do given the reaction toward JC . Also does anyone know if anything is taking clannads old time slot this fall? I think LB might be taking it.
Old 2012-07-29, 12:31   Link #1251
Eater of All
NOM

Close-up shots and the parts where there's animation are decent. I've already lowered my expectations accordingly, and this PV met it handily.

One PV doesn't say much though. Since it's gonna be Fall 2012 (surprisingly early to be honest), at least more are gonna come out soon.
Old 2012-07-29, 12:51   Link #1252
Skane
Anime Snark

It must be pretty demoralising to be on the production team doing this.

"There, there. You did your best, I had low expectations any ways."

Old 2012-07-29, 12:59   Link #1253
relentlessflame

*Administrator

For myself, I thought the trailer was quite good. I think it shows that they are spending the time/money to animate in-line with expectations for a high-budget work; the animation is already more than what you'd normally expect from TV anime. As was said in the past, they know perfectly well what act they're following. If they can keep this sort of look and quality up for the duration of the show, I think most will be pleased. I think some of the complaints we are seeing are more about the art style than anything else, but I think people will get used to it. To me, it looks quite good in motion.

In the end, I feel that this anime will always end up competing with some people's imaginations of "what might have been", so for those people it doesn't really matter how good the show ends up being. For the rest of us, I think it's something to look forward to.
Old 2012-07-29, 13:09   Link #1254
tsunade666

wow......... just wow! I love it and I don't care for any insult on it but just loving it. Seeing it animated is all I wish for for this series and seeing it is believing. Great news for fall season and nice pv for JC staff. Still I have a mix feeling for this one with all those spoilerific scenes that was shown in the pv. But still Kudo's to JC for making this happen.

And please from now on with the pv shown can people tone down the comparison on other studios. Its getting irritating if you see that most of the time.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:01   Link #1255
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Great animation when it was actually animated.
Unfortunately the colors are still awful and for the most part the character designs are even worse than the original VN, which I think is something of an accomplishment.
That, and they spoiled most of the heroine routes pretty hard. The original OP did too, but with more... subtlety?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And please from now on with the pv shown can people tone down the comparison on other studios.
That is never going to happen. The actual content of the anime nonwithstanding, KyoAni or hell, even PA Works wouldn't have screwed up the visuals this badly.
It might actually end up being quite fantastic, but right now, it looks bad.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:08   Link #1256
tsunade666

I don't like the color palette used. Specially on Kud's hair.

I imagine a future hell when this show start airing. I imagine a hundreds of post for the first episode. Its more on comparing here and there. Not from the material but from other studios. Its just will be irritating to read hundreds of post about complaining part.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:09   Link #1257
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That is never going to happen. The actual content of the anime nonwithstanding, KyoAni or hell, even PA Works wouldn't have screwed up the visuals this badly.
It might actually end up being quite fantastic, but right now, it looks bad.
Opinions. I really don't think it looks "bad" at all, and I don't find the visuals to be "screwed up". The colour scheme is a bit over-saturated and in some cases simple, but the character designs look fine to me, particularly in motion. To me, it already looks much better than the average TV anime, even from this short PV. My opinion is that you're grossly overstating the problem, but as I said... opinions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I imagine a future hell when this show start airing. I imagine a hundreds of post for the first episode. Its more on comparing here and there. Not from the material but from other studios. Its just will be irritating to read hundreds of post about complaining part.
When that time comes, we'll expect people to actually discuss the anime that is in anime threads. If we need to, I guess we'll have to create a separate area if all people want to do is complain that the anime wasn't made by someone else because, as you say, it could be endless, and would certainly be redundant.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:37   Link #1258
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It must be pretty demoralising to be on the production team doing this.

"There, there. You did your best, I had low expectations any ways."

That's kind of what happens when you are more or less chasing the ghost of an alternative superior version of a series by another studio that doesn't actually exist so there's nothing to compare it too. Reality can never surpass the expectations of the imagination, it'll lose every time in a comparison.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:38   Link #1259
leokiko

Bigger spoiler-fest than SAO incoming.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:38   Link #1260
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
To me, it already looks much better than the average TV anime, even from this short PV.
But it doesn't really look that much like Little Busters. If I hadn't known this was a KEY work beforehand, I doubt I would be able to tell that it was.
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters