Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-05, 21:53   Link #1441
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And of course there's absolutely no way a high profile Anime like this would start in December- That's the final leg of the Fall season.
Indeed. If you want my speculation, I would say that the anime will probably happen in April 2013 (a key launch season for high-profile titles), and the last novel could be delayed until during the anime airing simply to avoid spoiling the anime's ending too early and to help build some hype/anticipation. As always, time will tell...

(It's also possible with this franchise that the anime could have multiple endings, as they did in the first season. (For example, show an original ending on TV, and the novel ending as BD/DVD-only?) You never know...)
Old 2012-10-05, 23:17   Link #1442
leorodri100

if its 1-cour it will cover volume 6-8 (maybe 10, skipping 9) if its a 2-cour and it does start late on 2013 than it will end the series...personally even thou i would have to wait even more time i would preffer that they work on one perfect 1-cour instead of a half-assed 2-cour
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 23:25   Link #1443
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
if its 1-cour it will cover volume 6-8 (maybe 10, skipping 9) if its a 2-cour and it does start late on 2013 than it will end the series...personally even thou i would have to wait even more time i would preffer that they work on one perfect 1-cour instead of a half-assed 2-cour
Well, given that the novels are ending at vol. 12, I think it's basically guaranteed that this season will cover all the way to the end. Leaving a few novels uncovered for a third season after the novels have "gone cold" isn't good marketing. Whether they get two cours to do that... I'm not counting on it, but who knows...
Old 2012-10-06, 01:57   Link #1444
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, given that the novels are ending at vol. 12, I think it's basically guaranteed that this season will cover all the way to the end. Leaving a few novels uncovered for a third season after the novels have "gone cold" isn't good marketing. Whether they get two cours to do that... I'm not counting on it, but who knows...
Dengeki Bunko is one of the few companies that are still very generous when it comes to giving shows 2 cours, couple that with the story most likely finished by early 2013, a 24 episode OreImo is quite possible.

Quote:
Indeed. If you want my speculation, I would say that the anime will probably happen in April 2013 (a key launch season for high-profile titles), and the last novel could be delayed until during the anime airing simply to avoid spoiling the anime's ending too early and to help build some hype/anticipation. As always, time will tell...
Personally, I'm betting on Fall 2013.

I have a gut feeling that we'll be getting Index SIII for next year, and given the close (marketing) relationship the two series shared in 2010, Dengeki might want to put them together again.

(Okay, so maybe this is partly a speculation and partly a wishlist )
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 02:18   Link #1445
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Dengeki Bunko is one of the few companies that are still very generous when it comes to giving shows 2 cours, couple that with the story most likely finished by early 2013, a 24 episode OreImo is quite possible.
It's possible, but the amount of shows that have a one-cour first season and a two-cour second season are very few. They do exist, of course... but it's quite rare. The fact that the story is ending soon does help... but I also believe it's quite possible for them to squeeze 7 novels into 13+bonus episodes. But hey, I'm not opposed by any means...

As for Fall... I think they would have waited longer to announce it in that case.
Old 2012-10-06, 03:54   Link #1446
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
As for Fall... I think they would have waited longer to announce it in that case.
*Shrugged*

Not the first time a show has been announced way way ahead of it's time.

Seitokai no Ichizon season 2 was announced back in June 2011 and we're only getting it now 1 1/4 years later.
Old 2012-10-06, 11:26   Link #1447
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Huh, I thought somebody specifically said earlier that volume 12 was slated for a December release, hence why I thought hans_87 got the season 2 airing date mixed up with the novel volume 12 release date.
Old 2012-10-06, 16:00   Link #1448
type-R!

I initially understood the announcement on the website as saying that the 2nd season would start after the rerun of the 1st ends, but given that 3 channels are airing the rerun (two already started and the other starts the 13th) then 2nd season probably won't start until past january.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 18:17   Link #1449
icecreamsnow

Thanks for all the translations. One quick question

Spoiler:
icecreamsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 18:27   Link #1450
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamsnow View Post
Thanks for all the translations. One quick question

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Volume 11:
Old 2012-10-06, 18:47   Link #1451
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Huh, I thought somebody specifically said earlier that volume 12 was slated for a December release, hence why I thought hans_87 got the season 2 airing date mixed up with the novel volume 12 release date.
Well I can assure you- The list is out and OreImo is definitely not on it.
Old 2012-10-07, 08:03   Link #1452
icecreamsnow

Quote:
Good guess on April 2013. Crunchyroll report from the Dengeki Bunko Autumn Festival 2012 confirms it.

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-n...-in-april-2013

No news on season lengths, but since it sounds like a fairly solid franchise, I can't see them trying to do it in 12.
Old 2012-10-07, 14:19   Link #1453
sleepingleo

Spoiler for Comparison to Sword Art Online:

But yea, it would be fairly weird for a series to have 1st season 1 cour, 2nd 2 cours, so most likely it will be 1 cour for OreImo, but 2 would be best.
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 14:34   Link #1454
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to Sword Art Online:

But yea, it would be fairly weird for a series to have 1st season 1 cour, 2nd 2 cours, so most likely it will be 1 cour for OreImo, but 2 would be best.
Well, it depends quite a bit on your source material. The requirements of a sci-fi/fantasy novel with lots of lore are a little bit different than a romantic comedy. Not that I want them to cut things short artificially, of course, but the key is that they have the amount of time they need to tell the story that needs to be told.

I should also say that, even if the show were to get one-cour, there is always the bonus episode concept like happened for the first season. So even if they don't get two-cour, the could still get "one-cour plus".
Old 2012-10-07, 17:17   Link #1455
leorodri100

april 2013...i shall look foward to it...for now, i have darkness, magi and gintama to do the trick untill then
Old 2012-10-09, 11:31   Link #1456
icecreamsnow

Promo is up for the second season, but nothing new.

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-n...promo-unveiled
Old 2012-10-09, 12:59   Link #1457
leorodri100

that...dos not look good i mean...it seems they willl have orignal kanako plot...i'm all for it!! but the rest....does not please my eyes
Old 2012-10-09, 15:01   Link #1458
iCK

Yes, my Kirino crave will be satisfied this coming April..
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 16:51   Link #1459
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
that...dos not look good i mean...it seems they willl have orignal kanako plot...i'm all for it!! but the rest....does not please my eyes
In what sense? I'm not sure how much you can really tell about the plot from the few tiny clips shown, and visually it looks pretty much exactly like the first season...? (At first I wasn't really sure that there were new clips in there, but I guess I don't remember the scenes in that much detail. Everything shown seems pretty generic to me...)
Old 2012-10-09, 17:03   Link #1460
Sumeragi
Banned

Kirino/Ayase/Kanako scenes
Blushing Ruri
Sena rushing into clubroom
Kyousuke hugging pillow

Those are the new scenes. Not sure of the rest.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings