AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 17:25   Link #101
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

doesnt take long

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:37   Link #102
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Oh goodness, that last one. My heart.....
Old 2012-12-02, 22:42   Link #103
desrtsku
Nympholept

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
If we get something like this every week, I'll die before the anime airs.
Old 2012-12-03, 07:42   Link #104
tsunade666

Tamako somehow reminds me of the princess in esui team from saki minus the big boobs.

She looks so darn cute
Old 2012-12-03, 12:39   Link #105
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mochi eh?

Possibly NSFW:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...omic-highres-h

and

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...ue_hair-closed

"Gonna get pregnant"
Old 2012-12-03, 18:40   Link #106
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
If this does end up being a second wind of K-ON! (or even something like a Tamayura), that would be great.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This seems like a sad joke.

I have no idea what this and whether or not it will be good, but KyoAni will not have adapted anymore Haruhi in nearly 3 years.

I don't want to see the full animated version of Haruhi when I'm well over 30 years old. This is getting ridiculous.

You grumpy old dwarf! Heck, I'm over FORTY already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
An original work from Kyoani... could be interesting. Waiting for more info.

In the meantime, all I can say is that the girl looks cute. She's kind of a mix of Mugi and Mio. What's that in her hand? And why is there a chicken on top of her head?
And what's wrong with having a chicken on your head? Hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Mochi is a very common sweet, a glutinous little dumpling made of pounded sweet rice, often with sweet bean paste in the centre. The most widely-sold commercial brand, which you see in Japanese and Chinese stores in North America, is called Daifuku. They are delicious:

(click to enlarge)

I am eager to see any show from KyoAni, but I have to say that K-On was one that I abandoned after a few episodes. Much as I enjoy moe, there just wasn't much there there, for me. And this show is another original from the director and writer that made K-On. Hyouka and Chuunibyou are the KyoAni shows I have liked best since Haruhi I.
Must admit that I really like mochi, and buy here in the US as well.

But am kinda surprised K-On didn't "click" with you. Hmm ... oh well. Diff folks have diff tastes and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
I don't think this could be a disaster, Reiko Yoshida is a good writer. She worked for Aria and Tamayura and is currently composing the very nice GuP. She and Yamada should also know each other pretty well after doing two seasons and a movie of K-On!, including a lot of original content.

All I'm waiting for now is some animation footage, it should come soon enough since they don't have much time until air.
Also agreed! GuP, Aria and Tamayura are all enjoyable for me - Aria is my fave anime series overall, and the Tamayura series is a big fave as well. GuP is a delightful series thus far too.... And yes - I also enjoyed all the K-On material too (cough cough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Story from Animax:

At a certain shopping district in a town, you'll find a rice cake shop owner's daughter, Tamako, a loveable first year student in high school pressing rice cakes. Tamako spends her time enjoying the badminton club with her friends Midori and Kanna at school and developing new rice cakes as well as helping the shop at home.

On the other side of the street is a rival rice cake shop owner and his son, Mochikura. Their fathers tend to fight like dogs and monkeys, but Mochikura and Tamako have been childhood friends. Mochikura has secretly given his heart to Tamako, but she hasn't recognized what he's doing. With both Mochikura and Midori in love with Tamako, there's often battles unfolding around her.

Tamako loves the other shopkeepers like they were her own family. She surrounds herself with a lot of people. Everyday is busy for the district, but the busiest time of the year is the end of the year. Oddly though, Tamako's birthday is New Years's Eve. Every year, the entire shopping district holds an event to congratulate her. The timing is awful for Mochikura, who wanted to give her a present up until now.

Mochikura is suddenly in high spirits. "This year I'll definitely do it!"
-At the same time that dazzling bird (cockatoo) suddenly appears in the shopping district. The shopping district is getting busier and busier for Tamako and pals. A different year than normal is about to begin.

Source (Thanks Ikari Gendo for pointing this out to me)

Edit: summary has been pulled from Animax's site. Yaraon and otaku.com have confirmation it was up.
I must say that I really like the description.

FINALLY I have come across a series next season that I am actively interested in!

Course, I tend to like a lot of things produced by KyoAni, so I'm biased too....
Old 2012-12-03, 20:05   Link #107
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
You grumpy old dwarf! Heck, I'm over FORTY already!
It's all relative!

That aside, seeing the initial synopsis gives me the impression that this could be potentially good. I don't think Kyoani has ever made a straight romance work. All their KEY works barely had any physical intimacy and were more centralized around other themes, and things like Haruhi that's definitely not the central topic. In a way this is different from anything they've done so far if I am reading it write, which makes it inherently interesting.

Of course there is still something else I'd rather them make, but alas I shall wait some more.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 20:41   Link #108
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
For some reason that first character art rrw linked reminds me more of family friendly ghibli more than kyoanis usual "exaggerated" moethestics. And IIRC ghibli has a fascination over young girls (unsexualised ofc). The second pic tho is glaringly obvious kyoani intended to cause people who fall for its cuteness to get a heart attack . Nope doesnt work on me. I quite like the first pic tho. Hoping the actual anime actually does take the more "natural" approach rather than the gag centric, slapstick/overmoe style that kyoani (minus hyouka and haruhi movie) have been doing.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 20:52   Link #109
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
For clarification purposes, the images that rrw is posting are from pixiv. They are not from KyoAni.

(sources 1/2/3)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 20:56   Link #110
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
For clarification purposes, the images that rrw is posting are from pixiv. They are not from KyoAni.

(sources 1/2/3)
Well that debunks everything I said regarding the pic.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 09:37   Link #111
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

As for Haruhi, I'm sure they'll make more but it's clearly not on their priority list.
I wish people would stop writing that, because it just gets hopes up. Hopes that inevitably get squashed season after season after season...

Between this show, and Chuunibyou, KyoAni's new direction is clear. They want to expand away from adaptation work and towards anime originals. They also clearly want to be constantly doing new IPs. This anime will be their third straight new IP, and their fourth straight new IP excluding movies. Little Busters! went to JC Staff after three consecutive KyoAni/Key successes, and there's every reason to think that occurred due to KyoAni wanting to end the partnership, not Key.

So KyoAni has shown a willingness to completely break away from the successes of its past, and wants to greatly expand its new IPs. It's not at all certain that KyoAni will one day do more Haruhi, and I really think it's for the best if people start accepting that.

Now, as for Tamako Market, the plot for this show certainly sounds promising, and it's a virtual guarantee that the visuals will be great. And like yourself, I'm intrigued at the prospect of actual yuri in a KyoAni title.

In what looks to me to be a decisively weak Winter 2012/2013 season, this show is a much-welcomed addition and will likely stand out in a big way.
Old 2012-12-04, 09:44   Link #112
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:

(sources 1/2/3)
Hmm, I thought that was a given but I'm glad thats clarified anyway.
Old 2012-12-04, 15:24   Link #113
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Between this show, and Chuunibyou, KyoAni's new direction is clear. They want to expand away from adaptation work and towards anime originals. They also clearly want to be constantly doing new IPs. This anime will be their third straight new IP, and their fourth straight new IP excluding movies. Little Busters! went to JC Staff after three consecutive KyoAni/Key successes, and there's every reason to think that occurred due to KyoAni wanting to end the partnership, not Key.

So KyoAni has shown a willingness to completely break away from the successes of its past, and wants to greatly expand its new IPs. It's not at all certain that KyoAni will one day do more Haruhi, and I really think it's for the best if people start accepting that.
Spoiler for Tangent topic:

Are we sure this will be 1cour? Also, if Animax is airing it the 30 of January, what would be an estimate for the first airing on MX? There's too little time until the show airs, I want some CMs already!
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 15:44   Link #114
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Tangent topic:

Are we sure this will be 1cour? Also, if Animax is airing it the 30 of January, what would be an estimate for the first airing on MX? There's too little time until the show airs, I want some CMs already!
Spoiler for Tangent discussion:

Like yourself, I really want to see a CM for this. It does sound promising.

And looking long-term, it's probably good that KyoAni is trying more anime originals. With anime originals, you get a complete story in one go, and there's less of a potential issue in finding time to adapt more of a story.
Old 2012-12-04, 16:09   Link #115
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
I imagine we'll see this air likely any time from 01/02-01/13. Animax is not listed on the group of channels on the website/article, so it's possible this would be similar to a "second running" of the show in my mind. I wouldn't read too much into it, tbh. I reported it since people would look into the article, see 1/30 and spread that as the starting date if I didn't clarify that aspect.

We could see another CM as early as tomorrow if there's one prepared. We saw the CM for Chuunibyou just under a month prior to airing. I imagine more airing details/show details will be out around the time of the Newtype interview with Yamada.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 18:40   Link #116
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Badminton again?

What an odd synopsis. Almost sounds like classic KyoAni moemoe mixed with a dash of PA Works and a side of Adachi. I'm almost interested.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 20:17   Link #117
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Badminton again?

What an odd synopsis. Almost sounds like classic KyoAni moemoe mixed with a dash of PA Works and a side of Adachi. I'm almost interested.
Why is everyone so down on KyoAni after Hyouka and Chuunibyou have been so successful?
Old 2012-12-04, 20:27   Link #118
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Why is everyone so down on KyoAni after Hyouka and Chuunibyou have been so successful?
I suspect part of it is that some people are annoyed that the company seems to be working in (what they see as) a niche that isn't where they personally would prefer their talent be used instead. The fact that they're successful at it only makes it less likely they'll move away from what they're doing and towards whatever else the person would prefer they work on, hence it increases the resentment. (Of course that's just one possible reason, and doesn't apply by any means to everyone.)
Old 2012-12-04, 21:09   Link #119
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
This is a bit of a tangental rant, I'll admit, so I'll put it in spoiler space...

Spoiler for Haruhi rant:

That aside, I'm not sure if Guardian_Enzo's comment was meant to be especially critical. It should be noted that Guardian Enzo had plenty of great things to say about Hyouka.
Old 2012-12-04, 21:51   Link #120
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
[mod edit: removed connection to removed post. The first paragraph below is talking about Hyouka.]

I didn't give it a fair try since none of the characters were appealing to me personally, the character designs even less; though the Kyoani brand name just hasn't been relevant for me for quite the while. Not really into their latest work, though they have done some nice stuff in the past and I think they can satisfy their own niches.

Intrestingly, I haven't even delved into Chuuni, though honestly I might like that. But yea, they're no longer the super buzz of the month that you'd flock to see the commotion these days. What is it these days? Shaft, A-1, and Sunrise?

Still anime original is anime original, and although Kyoani isn't famed for that (at all) I would still like to see if they'd create something more interesting than Munto.

Also, Haruhi is going the way of FMP, true story. Maybe JC staff can take them over as they did with Key, lest it be 2054 when Starcraft 4 comes out, Kadokawa finally develops some shred of human decency and the next Haruhi anime is announced. At least the rage there would be nice to see.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-04 at 23:45.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen