AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2006-08-11, 03:22   Link #41
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
*shrugs* Bell's like light brown..maybe dark blonde..so dumb light brunettes? But she didnt seem any smarter with grey hair to me anywayz.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 01:49   Link #42
kagato3

Thing is Bell isn't dumb or do I think she is all that naive, in fact she seems to be the one that moves the relationship along. She is just uber nice
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 19:54   Link #43
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Question: did the manga ever address the fact that Keiichi is going to
eventually age with Bel'/Urd/Skuld/etc staying essentially ageless?

That was an interesting thing they brought up in Karin, the vampire girl
series that the romantic relationship between a human and a non-human
raises the fact that the human will not live as long as the other partner.

I suppose Bel' could do something about it, theoretically.
Old 2006-10-14, 02:15   Link #44
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

There's this piece of music played in first season AMG episode 25, minute 17:00~19:00. Does anyone know which track is it, from which OST if it's even available? I really love it; it's so touching.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind Keiichi_chan. I got it! It's 'For the Person I Love' from OST1. Scene where Urd and Shohei were watching the sunset at the top. ♥

Last edited by nixie; 2006-10-15 at 07:28.
nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 00:55   Link #45
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
@ALien,
the manga mentioned it, fairly recently, but never really dealt with it. Basically it's just said that Bell is immortal and because of it, things won't last this way forever(aka eventually K1 will die).

@rixie, plz tell me the scene where they play it, instead of the number. Then I'll tell you the track name.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 13:28   Link #46
Darkmatter

Ok I have no idea if this is a good place to ask this question but its such a specific question it really won't fit into any preset catagory.

A long time ago I got a copy of a tape with some anime on it, all fansub stuff as this is before companies started scooping up shows to licences them in north america. At the end it had a bunch of fan made video's of various anime series to various songs. One of them was clips of the original 5 AMG set to the song "The Promise" by When in Rome. It was really well done but it had obviously been copied 10 times to many as my copy was in really sad shape. I was wondering if anyone knows if theres a decent version of this on the internet that I could download? It may not even exist on the internet as it was obviously originally made long before we had divx and mp3s and such but I figured it was worth a shot to ask.

Thanks!
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:36   Link #47
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Here is an Ah My Goddess OVA video made in 2001, set to The Promise:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/memb...nfo.php?v=4193

Download it and please let me know if it is the video you were looking for.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 05:36   Link #48
Darkmatter

Thankyou for looking but Im afraid that wasn't it. I used the search function (as Im sure you did) and found that it was the only AMG video to that song on the site. Still a cool site though!

I remember how the video started. As the song starts the video starts right at the beginning of ep 1 (after the title sequence) and doesn't cut till the flash of light before Keiichi wakes up. From there it starts cutting to other clips.

Im guessing if that site doesn't have it, nobody does but if you have any other ideas that'd be great. If not, I appriciate you taking the time to look.

Thanks!
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 17:39   Link #49
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Question regarding the soundtrack for this - I have the 2-cd set but
want to know if full length versions of the OP and ED themes were
ever released?

I particularly like the track that closes most of the episodes,
"Kagayaki Desu" I think it is but the disc is at home and I'm
not.... But it's the TV length one. Was a full length ever put
out?

Thanks.
Old 2006-12-06, 03:23   Link #50
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

According to this site there is Sorezore no Tsubasa Second ED single "Koibito Doushi" by Jyukai (did you mean this one?) and singles for other openings and endings. I'm not sure about their format though.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 15:59   Link #51
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Does anyone know if any of the second season's OST's have come out?
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 16:25   Link #52
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

There is one, but it's not complete. I hope they will produce the second one.
Old 2006-12-10, 16:05   Link #53
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
D'you know what it's called?
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 22:48   Link #54
JasonSolaris

Hi. Just caught up with the final few episodes of the series.. Looking forward to a good R1 release (though it seem uncertain who licensed it so far).. Is a movie based on the TV series confirmed? Or just rumoured?

Thought the last episode was OK, but what triggered Keiichi's idea that Hild was just playing with him at the end that he didn't realize at the beginning? Seeing Hild getting Belldandy all fired up made him realize he was just being used as a tool?
Thanks
JasonSolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 03:46   Link #55
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

kikko_s
Title: Ah My Goddess Sorezore no Tsubasa Original Soundrack
Street Release Date: July 28, 2006

JasonSolaris
The rumors about the second movie are just rumors. There was no official confirmation if it will be filmed or not.

As for your second question, it's quite difficult to answer. This story is anime-only and has no manga base. And, imho, it's absolutely illogical. Probably Hild just allowed him to realize that, because she didn't really want to separate him from Bell forever.
Old 2006-12-11, 17:16   Link #56
Senovit
Murk Loar
*Graphic Designer

It may just be that Keiichi realized not that he was being used as a tool, but that Hild just didn't love him, perhaps through the way she acted to him, things she said, etc. What struck me as odd was that he would confess his love to Belldandy who he, as far as I remember, had only transferred to the school a few days ago and had never talked to him.
Senovit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 08:05   Link #57
Ninjamasta

AMG seasson 2 license

Hello everyone, I just bought the premium box set for Seasson 1 and all I have to say is WOw! I think I'm addicted to the series now, I want more!

However, I heard that Media Blaster lost the lincense to some other company, I hope they keep the same voice actors from seasson 1 cause they really did a good job playing the characters. It sucks to see a great series goes down the drain with poor voice actors that has happened to many other great animei series.

Another question is, the manga has 2 title, Oh! My Goddess and AMG, why is that? Are they both the same? I have been thinking about buy the entire series

Since seasson 2 has already been done in Japan, when are we gonna get it here? Are they gonna continue pumping out all the other episode?

Finally I hope that they don't sway too for from the original manga.
Ninjamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 09:06   Link #58
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjamasta View Post
Hello everyone, I just bought the premium box set for Seasson 1 and all I have to say is WOw! I think I'm addicted to the series now, I want more!

However, I heard that Media Blaster lost the lincense to some other company, I hope they keep the same voice actors from seasson 1 cause they really did a good job playing the characters. It sucks to see a great series goes down the drain with poor voice actors that has happened to many other great animei series.

Another question is, the manga has 2 title, Oh! My Goddess and AMG, why is that? Are they both the same? I have been thinking about buy the entire series

Since seasson 2 has already been done in Japan, when are we gonna get it here? Are they gonna continue pumping out all the other episode?

Finally I hope that they don't sway too for from the original manga.
It's true, although Media Blasters didn't lose it as much as they decided not to license the second series. ADV picked it up after MB announced that they were not going to be releasing season 2. As for whether or not ADV will use the same voice actors, it has not been announced whether they will or not, although they stated that their preference would be to have the same cast. Don't expect ADV's release for awhile since they only announced this week that they picked it up.

Oh My Goddess! and AMG are the same. The reason is when Animeigo first licensed the original OAV series, they changed the name to OMG because of the word play on the english phrase, "Oh my God!". Dark Horse comics, which releases the manga in North America, also followed suit and used the name O!MG. Media Blasters decided to use the original Japanese title of Ah! My Goddess for the TV series release here.

To tie up any other loose ends, the manga (in Japan) is not finished yet. Also, the North American releases are still only at volume 25, so they are still a ways behind (roughly 7 volumes). As for the anime, until there is an announcement regarding new shows being produced, you can consider it finished and done for, for now.
Old 2006-12-17, 17:17   Link #59
Ninjamasta

Thx Js2756. Cool now I have to get the manga series since its only up to vol.25. I'm going to cross my fingers for those voice actors from seasson 1, unless ADV could come up with a better crew to play these characters hehehe...
Old 2006-12-23, 08:06   Link #60
Ninjamasta

AMG movie

Does the movie follows the manga series or its just a side show?

As for the manga, anyone know a good site that I can go check it out?