AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-12-15, 13:47   Link #1261
Chaos2Frozen
Pillager of Twilight
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rivers In the Desert
Age: 29
Too many tweets going back and forth right now, gonna give it a night to sort itself out.

For now all that is confirmed from the Nikkei article is Kojima has officially left Konami, starting his own studio with ex-Konami personnel, definitely appearing on Playstation console.
__________________

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-15, 15:49   Link #1262
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
Age: 30
GO Sony GO! Sony has a pretty decent track record of supporting their studios lately and let's them get pretty out there creativity-wise so it's pretty nice to see Kojima linked to a posssible SCE deal.
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 20:29   Link #1263
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New England
Age: 34
So I hope to avoid spoilers...I haven't played through MGS V yet. I played it a bit, got pretty busy in day to day life and put the game down and would like to play through it some day...but I'd like to know, how did this game turn out? I've seen a lot of people complain about the game. Seems many were disappointed by it and some are pretty unhappy with the game. Is this true? Are many people either unhappy with the game or pretty mixed on how they feel about it?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic38963_5.gif
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 05:15   Link #1264
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indonesia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So I hope to avoid spoilers...I haven't played through MGS V yet. I played it a bit, got pretty busy in day to day life and put the game down and would like to play through it some day...but I'd like to know, how did this game turn out? I've seen a lot of people complain about the game. Seems many were disappointed by it and some are pretty unhappy with the game. Is this true? Are many people either unhappy with the game or pretty mixed on how they feel about it?
From what I see in general (and also what I personally feel after I finished the game), the gameplay is fantastic, but the story is disappointing.
__________________
Kotori Minami & Hanayo Koizumi [Love Live! School Idol Project]
<Click to go into my artwork thread>
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 06:59   Link #1265
Xero8420
Ashigara's master
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A disclosed area off coast Ryuku Islands
Age: 25
Please be a DLC in the future...
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 10:58   Link #1266
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So I hope to avoid spoilers...I haven't played through MGS V yet. I played it a bit, got pretty busy in day to day life and put the game down and would like to play through it some day...but I'd like to know, how did this game turn out? I've seen a lot of people complain about the game. Seems many were disappointed by it and some are pretty unhappy with the game. Is this true? Are many people either unhappy with the game or pretty mixed on how they feel about it?
It's pretty simple : did you like Peace Walker? If so, you'll love this game. If not and you're more of a fan of the previous games, you will be very disappointed.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 11:51   Link #1267
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New England
Age: 34
Thanks for the input, guys.

I actually never played Peace Walker. As for MGS V TPP, I read that the gameplay is very good but the story is bad/disappointing. But I wanted to know if that is how very many Metal Gear fans felt and apparently that is the case.

I'd like to play through the game some day because I've been a fan of the series since MGS back on PSX. But it isn't high on my 'gaming priorities', you could say.

Also, I know about one of the spoilers...

Spoiler for Spoiler:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic38963_5.gif
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-06, 12:34   Link #1268
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Thanks for the input, guys.

I actually never played Peace Walker. As for MGS V TPP, I read that the gameplay is very good but the story is bad/disappointing. But I wanted to know if that is how very many Metal Gear fans felt and apparently that is the case.

I'd like to play through the game some day because I've been a fan of the series since MGS back on PSX. But it isn't high on my 'gaming priorities', you could say.

Also, I know about one of the spoilers...

Spoiler for Spoiler:
If you haven't played Peace Walker, than it's harder to predict how you'll react to this game. Great gameplay, bad story just about sums it up, but even the gameplay has its problems compared to previous games IMO. The map is empty, no factions fighting each other like in MGS4 (even though the context was just perfect for it), there are almost no interiors, some options were removed (rolling, playing dead, and other little things. Not a big deal but why even remove them in the first place?), no classic MGS boss fights (that one REALLY hurt), secondary missions are all the same (150 missions with only like 8 variations), and some other stuff.

I find that MGS4 ultimately had better gameplay, the only problem is that you played very little

I would still say MGSV is a good game, I certainly enjoyed it or I wouldn't have spent 80+ hours on it, but it's also a bad MGS. To be honest, the trailers didn't help. It turned out they spoiled 90% of the story while hyping it like crazy with lies or misdirection (men become demons, my ass).

Regarding your spoiler, it's a mission, not a chapter. It's not in the game at all because they simply couldn't complete it in time for the release. The result is that a major subplot is never resolved in the game.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-06, 18:01   Link #1269
Freeter
wasa~
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
You know your story is bad when a codec subplot involving an old man taste testing hamburgers is more interesting than the main scenario
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: Gintama, JB!, Osake, Dia Horizon, Netojii, WUG!, Shobitch, Fate/A
Next: Aiseki
Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 21:46   Link #1270
Xero8420
Ashigara's master
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A disclosed area off coast Ryuku Islands
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If you haven't played Peace Walker, than it's harder to predict how you'll react to this game. Great gameplay, bad story just about sums it up, but even the gameplay has its problems compared to previous games IMO. The map is empty, no factions fighting each other like in MGS4 (even though the context was just perfect for it), there are almost no interiors, some options were removed (rolling, playing dead, and other little things. Not a big deal but why even remove them in the first place?), no classic MGS boss fights (that one REALLY hurt), secondary missions are all the same (150 missions with only like 8 variations), and some other stuff.

I find that MGS4 ultimately had better gameplay, the only problem is that you played very little

I would still say MGSV is a good game, I certainly enjoyed it or I wouldn't have spent 80+ hours on it, but it's also a bad MGS. To be honest, the trailers didn't help. It turned out they spoiled 90% of the story while hyping it like crazy with lies or misdirection (men become demons, my ass).

Regarding your spoiler, it's a mission, not a chapter. It's not in the game at all because they simply couldn't complete it in time for the release. The result is that a major subplot is never resolved in the game.
As it turns out...
Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 07:58   Link #1271
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 27
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.