AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-08, 18:24   Link #1781
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 35
I could live with a 3rd season of Geass if they introduce someone much more evil. With Charles dead, I'm feeling the anti climax.

2nd season of Frontier is also welcomed as long as they resolve SherylxAlto in first season. Oo, how about SxA chibi-chans saving Galaxy? Wishful thinking, haha.

Last edited by MaiHikari; 2008-09-08 at 18:35.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-09-08, 18:33   Link #1782
Tak
DIN = DAS IST NORM!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Fürstentum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
I could live with a 3rd season of Geass if they introduce someone much more evil. With Charles dead, I'm feeling the anti climax.
I don't know if that is even necessary at this point. Season II became a train wreck by 19, a major catastrophe by 20, a disaster by 21, and by 22, a serious epidemic.

It flunked, and I thought that would be impossible, but apparently, I was surprised.

- Tak
__________________
JOIN ME, AND TOGETHER, WE WILL CONQUER THE UNIVERSE!!

"Gemeinsam erfolgreich in Europa", Angela Merkel
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-09-08, 18:51   Link #1783
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't know if that is even necessary at this point. Season II became a train wreck by 19, a major catastrophe by 20, a disaster by 21, and by 22, a serious epidemic.

It flunked, and I thought that would be impossible, but apparently, I was surprised.

- Tak
Haha, I know what you mean.... it's a pity because Season I was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
2nd season of Frontier is also welcomed as long as they resolve SherylxAlto in first season. Oo, how about SxA chibi-chans saving Galaxy? Wishful thinking, haha.
Yes, as long as they resolve the LT in the first season I'm fine with everything.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline  
Old 2008-09-08, 20:26   Link #1784
LordPhat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Definitely a second season coming. Heck, none of the spoilers involved the shodown with the Galaxy fleet afterall.
I was wondering...has anyone ever though that really big purple looking Macross bot in the OP could be from the Galaxy??
LordPhat is offline  
Old 2008-09-08, 23:42   Link #1785
Darial
Otaku in disguise
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Fun project for folks. A kind soul on 2ch posted a summary of the MacrossF articles and interviews from the various October anime magazines. I'm too busy to translate them today, so I figure I'd post them here and let someone else take a stab at it for fun. Enjoy!

Spoiler:


Have fun!

Last edited by Darial; 2008-09-09 at 01:24. Reason: Added a few translations.
Darial is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 00:28   Link #1786
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Fun project for folks. A kind soul on 2ch posted a summary of the MacrossF articles and interviews from the various October anime magazines. I'm too busy to translate them today, so I figure I'd post them here and let someone else take a stab at it for fun. Enjoy!

Spoiler:


Have fun!


Hmmmm...about the animage interview....

Spoiler:




Oh well...back to being busy LOL.


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 00:31   Link #1787
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
There will be no 2nd season of Macross Frontier and no 3rd season of Geass

period
You are true on Geass, but employ wishful thinking on Macross.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 00:54   Link #1788
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Yes, as long as they resolve the LT in the first season I'm fine with everything.
what are you guys talking about? Are there people that still believe the love triangle is not resolved? Like someone said before, this is Macross and there are not direct love confessions from the main romantic couple.Staying with someone is another way of saying that you love someone and alto said that. We saw two people confessing their love directly and you saw what happened to them, one died and the other left. Even Ozmo has not told Cathy that he loves her directly, just implied .
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 01:02   Link #1789
glyph
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
what are you guys talking about? Are there people that still believe the love triangle is not resolved?
Well, Sheryl for one.

She is likely to think Alto only stayed with her out of pity, whether her doubt is justified or not. Especially when Alto will be called to protect Ranka for plot reasons in the near future.
glyph is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 01:41   Link #1790
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Fun project for folks. A kind soul on 2ch posted a summary of the MacrossF articles and interviews from the various October anime magazines. I'm too busy to translate them today, so I figure I'd post them here and let someone else take a stab at it for fun. Enjoy!

Spoiler:


Have fun!
besides what we already know, NT indicates:

Spoiler for NT:


This does not bode well for our queen.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 02:11   Link #1791
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
besides what we already know, NT indicates:

Spoiler for NT:


This does not bode well for our queen.
Oh, please. That is only her pushing him away, like we all expected. He´s gonna stay with her in the end.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 02:20   Link #1792
Tak
DIN = DAS IST NORM!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Fürstentum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
besides what we already know, NT indicates:

Spoiler for NT:


This does not bode well for our queen.
Look from the other perspective, if Alto is so weak-willed that he cannot keep his words, and failed to stay by Sheryl's side, maybe its best for him not to be with Sheryl at all. Maybe its best for him to just end up lonely and die.

He gave his word, and we have not been shown moments where he broke his promise. He is going to keep his word, and that is all there is to it. Sheryl might let him go, but he will not go. He will face that challenge and triumph.

- Tak
__________________
JOIN ME, AND TOGETHER, WE WILL CONQUER THE UNIVERSE!!

"Gemeinsam erfolgreich in Europa", Angela Merkel
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 02:28   Link #1793
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Look from the other perspective, if Alto is so weak-willed that he cannot keep his words, and failed to stay by Sheryl's side, maybe its best for him not to be with Sheryl at all. Maybe its best for him to just end up lonely and die.

He gave his word, and we have not been shown moments where he broke his promise. He is going to keep his word, and that is all there is to it. Sheryl might let him go, but he will not go. He will face that challenge and triumph.

- Tak
Indeed. Or he will face the wrath of Klan-sama!
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 03:19   Link #1794
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Look from the other perspective, if Alto is so weak-willed that he cannot keep his words, and failed to stay by Sheryl's side, maybe its best for him not to be with Sheryl at all. Maybe its best for him to just end up lonely and die.
I agree Tak, I agree. Then while Sheryl will be great in our books, Alto will be a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
besides what we already know, NT indicates:

Spoiler for NT:


This does not bode well for our queen.
Spoiler for wild out there speculation:

Spoiler for real thoughts:
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...

Last edited by TwilightHack; 2008-09-09 at 03:42.
TwilightHack is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 03:45   Link #1795
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 42
Someone Babelfished the text over on Macrossworld. Out of all of it, I found the following line to be hilarious:
Spoiler for Bad translation:


__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 04:13   Link #1796
grss1982
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Someone Babelfished the text over on Macrossworld. Out of all of it, I found the following line to be hilarious:
Spoiler for Bad translation:


Is that "yoda speak?"

__________________
ARX-7 Arbalest
grss1982 is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 05:13   Link #1797
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Look from the other perspective, if Alto is so weak-willed that he cannot keep his words, and failed to stay by Sheryl's side, maybe its best for him not to be with Sheryl at all. Maybe its best for him to just end up lonely and die.

He gave his word, and we have not been shown moments where he broke his promise. He is going to keep his word, and that is all there is to it. Sheryl might let him go, but he will not go. He will face that challenge and triumph.

- Tak

Agreed, Sheryl is too good for him. Frankly speaking, I feel that Sheryl's fans do not really care so much about the pairing. Afterall, we juz wanna the best for our Queen Sheryl and her well- being. I will support whatever decision she will make - bah, should i say, supporting whatever decision that the director will be making for her (as long as this is not totally out of her character).


and again, there is always something called the fan-fic. Just like fan arts are always quick to react to dramatic stuff....

anyhow, all these spoilers are not mentioning about:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ja-Y-Ce; 2008-09-09 at 05:22. Reason: adding some lines of tots.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 05:18   Link #1798
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
Agreed, Sheryl is too good for him. Frankly speaking, I feel that Sheryl's fans do not really care so much about the pairing. Afterall, we juz wanna the best for our Queen Sheryl and her well- being. I will support whatever decision she will make - bah, should i say, supporting whatever decision that the director will be making for her (as long as this is not totally out of her character).


and again, there is always something called the fan-fic. Just like fan arts are always quick to react to dramatic stuff....
Where do people get the idea that Alto isn´t good enough for Sheryl? Geeze.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 05:19   Link #1799
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 30
Actually I think Alto is not good enough for both girls and that's what they're showing us now. He will probably end with do something worth the love of both of them though.

I like both girls but actually more on Ranka. I find that one sided Sheryl fans are really offensive towards the Ranka fans, but Ranka fans are like silent always.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline  
Old 2008-09-09, 05:26   Link #1800
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Where do people get the idea that Alto isn´t good enough for Sheryl? Geeze.
let's juz say that Alto is like some typical anime guy... maybe the good point is that he is a bishonen. But one stuff, i do not really like about him is that he seems to be faltering from one side to another. I can understand that, uncertainty itself towards many stuff, can cause you to be that.. but somehow, it juz irk me a bit. Apparently, this is all my personal opinion, so Alto's fans should not be too offended.

But again, all this "faltering" will then evolve into the dramatic effect of macross... so yea... Do not ask me why, but i fancy Macross ladies more than the guys.

Last edited by Ja-Y-Ce; 2008-09-09 at 05:30. Reason: adding a few more lines
Ja-Y-Ce is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.