AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-19, 22:11   Link #41
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Whoa! I just randomly picked this series up, and I must say its promising. It has a nice warm touchy feeling to it, since it deals alot with family emotions. The series also brings a par comedic feel, so I would expect to laugh my arse off in the following episodes.

I do hope this series won't become one of those "incest" animes that I wouldn't watch in a million years .
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 22:13   Link #42
Decel

Indeed, I hope it doesn't dwelve too deeply in that direction.

Not a bad first ep. So far so good.
Old 2006-07-20, 01:05   Link #43
EevilJ

Pretty funny series thus far.

Spoiler:
EevilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 04:06   Link #44
DrewGSR

What a sweet and cute series. Choco is so ctute too. From the first eps i was getting vibes and memories of Aishiteruze Baby.

Yea, i agree it would definately suck if it becamse one of those incest animes lol. I hope it goes the way of Aishiteruze Baby
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 08:40   Link #45
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think that it's pretty obvious from the first ep. and the preview for ep. 2 that this is no Ai Baby. Heck, even the ending animation should give people a clue. Choco's inapprpriate behaviour is going to be something to watch.

Spoiler:

So how old is Choco in the anime? 12 or 13?

Last edited by orion; 2006-07-20 at 08:53.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 10:26   Link #46
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
I don't think her age is ever given in either the manga or the anime. We'll just state she is 18, really
But your assumption is probably right, though they'll probably never tell, since they don't even give this info on the official site
Old 2006-07-20, 10:40   Link #47
Seiryuu

Indeed, this is definitely not Aishiteruze Baby. I've read the manga, and rest assured, there doesn't seem to be any real incestual direction. Just lots of pseudosexual tension on account of a college guy living with a completely uninhibited preteen, who seems to have quite the brother complex, as well as a book that tells her to do things like cook breakfast in an apron and nothing else. Imagine waking up to that!
It seems that they're adding some stuff, and they're definitely adjusting the timeline, so I sort of wonder how far this will get into the story. And how long they'll be able to keep Makoto's shirt and underwear on :P
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 22:59   Link #48
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-kun
I do hope this series won't become one of those "incest" animes that I wouldn't watch in a million years .
Oh, but it must. If it doesn't, I will set my computer on fire.

Seriously though, it doesn't look like it will. Just innuendo as far as the eye can see. It will be the old “sorry, didn’t catch your name, oops, no you’re my sister please put some clothes on, but we’re not related by blood, doesn’t matter, boy learns to love life and not hit on his sister falls in love and sister is jealous, but they make-up and all watch the fireworks together, but the boy defends his sister and becomes jealous, but learns to overcome his feelings because the sister learned how to become a better cook in the end” type shows.

Of course, this might be a problem:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-07-20 at 23:10.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 11:29   Link #49
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Technically, she was brought in and activated ( ) in the first episode. I say activated because, otherwise, she wouldn't have a manual to go through life. Considering the first episode aired in 7/12, Choco is now 9 days old as of today July 21. Now calculating the age for her physical appearance is tough.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 11:39   Link #50
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Well, I don't mind that kind of scenes, since it is possible for that to happen in real life. (Here in my country, its pretty normal to kiss a sibling on the cheek )

In any case, I don't mind Chokotto Sister to be in a cliche'd genre as long as it gives me that comedy plus warm, "awww" feelings inside. I'm not really used to family slice-of-life anime, so I'm kinda hoping for that in this one.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 18:45   Link #51
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
the ED has finally found its way into the place in my head from which it will be impossible for me to drive it away... neko nyan dansu!
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 09:53   Link #52
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screencap for episode 3: Warning: Hadaka no Apron

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 13:11   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is such a weird show for me.... the actual storyline is sweet, cute, a bit predictable, a wish dream for those of us who don't have sisters or daughters... but then the camera pans, angles, etc. make me wonder if its a good idea to have this on my hard drive when the feds seep in to see if I'm a "good citizen".

Agreed about the kiss... pretty sibling like (though siblings seem to spend more time trying to crush each others skulls with any available sports equipment).
Old 2006-07-27, 01:24   Link #54
DanielSong39

Dang, too bad they didn't take the kiss from the manga... now that was decidedly non-sibling like.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 10:26   Link #55
Seiryuu

Ep 3 sort of surprised me. I knew the nude apron was coming, there's just no way they would drop that. But I wasn't expecting the cheesy censor they used, putting police tapes across the screen with "caution: keep out". Especially since this is clearly an otaku/fanservice anime, not intended for audiences that can't handle, or even appreciate, such things. At first I couldn't figure out why they would censor a preteen's backside when half of their audience didn't care and the worse half kinda wanted to see it. Then I realized I was starting to wonder when the DVD would come out, because those things look so out of place
BTW, since this is now fansubbed(not saying who, find them yourselves), I thought I'd let a couple people know about the OP/ED if they haven't read the manga. The opening shows characters dancing a strange jig, and the ending theme might not seem to be related to the show. Here's where it came from:
Spoiler for What's the "Neko-nyan Dance?":
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 13:59   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah but "messed up" is one of the entertaining parts of jpop culture...

I found that surprising too.... and figure its purely the usual "often makes no sense" censor standards plus they didn't want to get capped with a "15+" rating for whatever bizarre marketing reason they have.

It'll be interesting to see if the DVD lightens up.
Old 2006-07-27, 15:51   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is a funny and touching anime, well done in every respect, in my opinion. But they do seem to start many scenes with shots of Choko's lower regions. The police tape, etc., may be part of a loli-fanservice-without-calling-down-censorship dance.

I really find the voice acting excellent. Saitou Momoko is just wonderful as Choko, and Mizuhashi Kaori (Sara in the Futakois, Ai in ARIA) as the new building manager is great. Add Ouhara Sayaka (Alicia in ARIA, Yuuko in xxxHolic) as Ayano, with Morinaga Rika (Mamina in Simoun) and Kobayashi Yumiko (Excel, Punipuni Poemi) to come, and I'm all ears.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-27 at 16:25.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 16:13   Link #58
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Agreed about the kiss... pretty sibling like (though siblings seem to spend more time trying to crush each others skulls with any available sports equipment).
Only when they're same-sex - I get along great with all three of my sisters (well, half-sisters, but whatever). But my wife and her sister fight like cats and dogs.

My mother has two sisters and two brothers, the two brothers fight, and the three sisters fight - but the sisters rarely bother to fight with the brothers unless someone is taking sides in an inter-sex war.
Old 2006-08-01, 22:11   Link #59
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

You run and you run
to catch up with the sun
but it's sinking...
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 06:28   Link #60
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Spoiler for Ep4:
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote