AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-09-06, 04:55   Link #961
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Well looks like Miya says something on page 9 of chp. 71 about 01 and 00. Just going to have to wait for a translation.
I've already provided you with a spoiler on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Spoiler for A word from the landlord:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 05:27   Link #962
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
going by the theory that there can only be 108 sekireis in total, akitsu might turn out to be a numbered one (the recent chapters i read refer to her as a discarded/disused sekirei, not really an unnumbered one)
This has caused some confusion indeed. The exact words are, "abandoned number" according to one fansub. So does that mean she's no longer part of the 108? Or does including her actually mean 109 sekirei all in all?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 05:29   Link #963
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
i suppose this chapter explains why kazehana wasn't as inquisitive of the sekirei plan as the others and had no speaking role on chapter 69

edit:
there can't be 109 sekireis as both minaka and matsu hints on it. minaka mentions only 1 pillar and 107 baby birds while matsu accdg to spoilers mention 1 fully grown, 8 fetus and 99 embryos. i think akitsu has a number and i highly think she's number 7.

plus the vol7 release of kmts has kagari theorising that akitsu was discarded because of her strength that was uncontrollable to have a master or something like that
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 07:16   Link #964
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Consensual winging Vs Forced Winging.

Okay in normal cicumstances a sekirei chooses their ashikabi because of some unkown factor, joins with them and then thats them partnered for life. They are absolutely obedient, loyal, in love with their master and their strength increases along with the depth of their realtionship of their ashikabi.

Now what happens with forcefully winged Sekirei? I'm assuming they are still obedient and loyal but do they feel love for their ashikabi? if not aren't they stuck basically as is? Their power won't increase because they won't feel anything for thier ashikabi romantically and so its impossible for them to grow.

I'm not sure if Kurasaba is an example of a union but she obviously doesn't care about her ashikabi judging by her disdain when she talks to him. Rather than being a forced winging it could simply be a matter of convenience it stablised power and allowed her to use a prayer but she will never grow stronger because she does not fell any love.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 10:00   Link #965
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
To put it simply, Sekirei's who are forced winged won't be getting any powerups through the deux mach thing called "the power of love"

As they say, miracles only happen with love. Even facing defeat, a "loved" Sekirei will always find a way whereas a forced Sekirei would just give up.

I don't think Kurasuba has any love for her ashikabi but she is insanely story as it is.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-09-06 at 10:03. Reason: becasue I have an angry tsukiumi on my ass
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 10:02   Link #966
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Karasuba.. KA RA SU BA!

>_<!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 10:59   Link #967
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
going by the theory that there can only be 108 sekireis in total, akitsu might turn out to be a numbered one (the recent chapters i read refer to her as a discarded/disused sekirei, not really an unnumbered one)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
This has caused some confusion indeed. The exact words are, "abandoned number" according to one fansub. So does that mean she's no longer part of the 108? Or does including her actually mean 109 sekirei all in all?
Going by this, what if Akitsu is the missing #7? It would match with the "abandoned number" line and she had the power to stand up to Homura easily...

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 14:48   Link #968
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
I'm not sure if Kurasaba is an example of a union but she obviously doesn't care about her ashikabi judging by her disdain when she talks to him. Rather than being a forced winging it could simply be a matter of convenience it stablised power and allowed her to use a prayer but she will never grow stronger because she does not fell any love.
That just seems to be Karasuba's personality at work to me. I mean, the manga still hasn't revealed the circumstances of how Karasuba was winged, so for all we know maybe she too chose her ashikabi based on some genuine feeling.

You also have to remember that the ashikabi of the MBI squad is gay, which makes their situation a bit different than your typical ashikabi/sekirei partnership.
Old 2008-09-06, 15:17   Link #969
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Going by this, what if Akitsu is the missing #7? It would match with the "abandoned number" line and she had the power to stand up to Homura easily...

Now thats something I hadnt thought of. Of course out of 108 totall Sekirei how many have we actually seen? Maybe 20-25 total? So she could have been any number but Im willing to bet #7 has been shown so Akitsu is a good guess.

I agree about Karasuba-sama, I think her being winged was more on her terms then her Ashikabi's Wonder if whats his name tried to wing Mutsu before Mikogami so he could have a male Sekirei XD Of course Mikogami seems to swing both ways. But I have a feeling that since all members of the Discip Squad are under the same Sekirei, either Karasuba-sama was winged first by him and the rest added to the Squad or the others or all 3 were winged to become the "new" Discp Squad. Remember when Mitsubi and Karasuba-sama talk about fighting neither had been winged yet so her winging is fairly new.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 15:53   Link #970
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Remember when Mitsubi and Karasuba-sama talk about fighting neither had been winged yet so her winging is fairly new.
But isn't she already MBI by that time? Musubi of course hasn't been winged yet, but I assume that Karasuba has an ashikabi already. I can't remember exactly how their conversation goes, but I don't seem to recall anything that indicates whether Karasuba has been already winged or not at that time.
Old 2008-09-06, 16:01   Link #971
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
But isn't she already MBI by that time? Musubi of course hasn't been winged yet, but I assume that Karasuba has an ashikabi already. I can't remember exactly how their conversation goes, but I don't seem to recall anything that indicates whether Karasuba has been already winged or not at that time.
She might have been with the MBI but that doesnt mean she was winged yet since 1-5 all hadnt been winged when the org Squad was formed. I thought I remember Musubi and her talking about finding there Ashikabi but what I remember more is when Karasuba-sama has to change at the Inn, Musubi notices her mark on her back.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-09-06, 16:28   Link #972
kujoe
from head to heel

I don't know... I think I'm guessing that the sekirei of the MBI squad have to be winged, since they carry orders and stuff. But then, I suppose that wouldn't explain Kazehana who actually was rejected by the first man she fell in love with.

Actually, I also have a feeling that Miya's departure from the MBI has something to do with Takehito's death.

Questions, questions... I think a flashback arc is in order.
Old 2008-09-06, 16:31   Link #973
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

And also Matsu.. since she just winged recently.
Why do I lol everytime I saw my own avvy?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-06, 17:20   Link #974
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
And also Matsu.. since she just winged recently.
Why do I lol everytime I saw my own avvy?
cause ur a real simpleton?

but then I lol whenever I see it too

guess its the power of Tsukiumi holds over us!
Old 2008-09-06, 17:24   Link #975
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Actually, I also have a feeling that Miya's departure from the MBI has something to do with Takehito's death.
I was thinking that, though that would mean she was living with Takehito together at the inn while both being apart of MBI. For it to more sense, they must have both left MBI (along with Matsu) and started the inn.

Still that means his death is even more of a mystery, though i guess it would at least involve the MBI coming after them.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:12   Link #976
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Dont forget Miya willing to kill Minaka too.. so there's more to his death probably. As to why MBI still let her live if she is that dangerous, it probably because she is the 00. Thus, no other sekirei actually can match her, nor do MBI have the resource to take her out.

O_o

<- so moe, I'm gonna die
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-06, 18:18   Link #977
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
I don't know... I think I'm guessing that the sekirei of the MBI squad have to be winged, since they carry orders and stuff. But then, I suppose that wouldn't explain Kazehana who actually was rejected by the first man she fell in love with.
Yeah but Matsu and Kazehana were both winged recently by Minato so being part of the MBI doesnt mean you needed to be winged right away.

Ill have to watch the epi with Karasuba-sama in it again but Im nearly positive she wasnt winged when she and Musubi have the conv on the building.

I agree that Miya leaving the MBI was either cuz of Takehito's death or his death was soon after they left.

Yes flashback is in order!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-09-06, 18:23   Link #978
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Erm, the anime portion is something exclusive for it IMO, and there's no other instances in the manga that Karasuba bare her back.. so no, I dont think you find any supportive argument anywhere..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-06, 19:08   Link #979
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Erm, the anime portion is something exclusive for it IMO, and there's no other instances in the manga that Karasuba bare her back.. so no, I dont think you find any supportive argument anywhere..
Ah well crud. I need to learn to stop combining the anime with the manga Im still sticking with that Karasuba-sama was winged when the 2nd coming of the Discp Squad was formed.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-09-06, 20:05   Link #980
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Don't know if these are reposts...but who cares!

was rereading some past chapters and I totally forgot about Takami saying Tsukiumi should address her as "Mother" aah man I was ROFLing for ages

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei