AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-16, 06:41   Link #1981
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, it so happens that gaming content hasn't reached the "Youtube" stage, where gamers can generate their own content. Until that day comes, some companies will choose to treat their customers as suckers. Apart from not buying their games, your course of action is pretty limited.
Old 2009-04-16, 06:41   Link #1982
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh, I get it. What I don't understand is how you apparently have far less problems with gamers having to wait a full year, and treat that more as an 'oh well, too bad for you' incident. The gamer comes first. PS3 gamers had to wait a full year before being able to play the game, and so get a little extra as a reward for their long wait.

You got to play it first, they get a little bit extra. Both of you have had your own perks. What is the problem with that?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:45   Link #1983
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

I think the two of you are technically both right about it being fair/unfair. The new content does feel like a reward, but it's also there to tie into the upcoming movie. Xbox360 owners who bought the game got to play it at least a year before ps3 users, but will miss out on the movie tie ins having an incomplete Vesperia experience. Although I think they'll probably release that extra stuff as dlc on Xboxlive, but they'll have to pay for it. As a gamer I guess it makes you hesitant to buy a game when you can't tell which console will give you more for money.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:47   Link #1984
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, for PC gamers, console-only games are already a pain to deal with. I'm actually kicking myself over the urge to get a PS2 just to play Sengoku Basara when I can play Samurai Warriors 2 on my PC.
Old 2009-04-16, 06:48   Link #1985
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's a traditional choice between time and patience.

Will you wait for the port with juicy extras? Or do you want to play it as soon as possible?
Old 2009-04-16, 06:50   Link #1986
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's a traditional choice between time and patience.

Will you wait for the port with juicy extras? Or do you want to play it as soon as possible?
EXCEPT as the consumer the only way I can choose is by dropping 500 dollars on a console... and even then if I already payed for a console I HAVE NO choice. Don't imply false choice as choice because it isn't.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:51   Link #1987
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I MIGHT consider having both the 360 and PS3 once I start bringing home my bacon. Now, to find those 2 HDTVs, and time to play the stuff...

@ Nosauz: Yes, to have any real choice, the consumer must have both consoles in question.
Old 2009-04-16, 06:59   Link #1988
5cm.per.second

Well I chose ps3 for it's multimedia capabilities in addition to the fact that most anime related games come out on playstation consoles. I figured if there was ever a new Ghost.in.the.Shell game, it would come out for Sony. Also the exclusives ps3 does/will have, MGS4, Killzone2, Shadow of the Colossus2, are games I really wanted to play. So I have to hope games like Vesperia, Ninja Gaiden2, Dead.or.Alive, come out for ps3. Still waiting on a Dead.or.Alive game lol.
Old 2009-04-16, 07:11   Link #1989
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

When the game is exclusive on 360, PS3 owners scream "unfair". And now when it come to the PS3, the 360 owners repeat what the other side used to scream.

I don't see any unfair in this.
Old 2009-04-16, 07:16   Link #1990
Nosauz

Duo Maxwell... No when a game exclusive goes to a console you don't own thats not unfair, thats a design choice that the developer chooses, time exclusive on the other hand IS unfair, don't mix the two, or else we could bitch that mario isn't on 360 or ps3, or that sonic was only on the genesis, if barrier to entrance to both consoles wasn't so high I would be fine, but man does it drive me nuts. Any way nice attempt to strawman timed exclusives and first party developers.
Old 2009-04-16, 07:19   Link #1991
5cm.per.second

It's Nintendo secretly pitting us all against each other so we say, "Forget it! I'm gonna go buy WiiFit and pretend to exercise!"

But no cerealy, I want a Dead.or.Alive, game bad.
Old 2009-04-16, 07:20   Link #1992
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
When the game is exclusive on 360, PS3 owners scream "unfair". And now when it come to the PS3, the 360 owners repeat what the other side used to scream.

I don't see any unfair in this.
It's always agony when one side suddenly realizes what the pain of the other side feels like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
EXCEPT as the consumer the only way I can choose is by dropping 500 dollars on a console... and even then if I already payed for a console I HAVE NO choice. Don't imply false choice as choice because it isn't.
If you don't have the other half of the console war, then there really is nothing to complain is there? A console is a one time purchase for a whole legion of games, choosing only one means accepting the risk of neglecting any exclusives the other might get, it's a risk that exists far beyond the gaming industry. You have already made your choice. You chose fast play over extra content.
Old 2009-04-16, 07:26   Link #1993
Nosauz

No your a moron because I chose the wait, but when I purchased the console I didn't know, again I'm a gamer not a fanboy, and when the developer screws over the legion of fans they've made is pretty fucking low. I just think its an unfair decision that the CONSUMER does not get a chance to choose.
Old 2009-04-16, 07:50   Link #1994
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cm.per.second View Post
Well I chose ps3 for it's multimedia capabilities in addition to the fact that most anime related games come out on playstation consoles.
Which Sony is failing me with the PS3. Most of the anime games are still coming for the PS2...

Well, at least we've got Dinasty Warriors Gundam.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 08:07   Link #1995
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The thing about the PS3 is that they removed the Emotion Engine Chip, and did away with software emulation. Sony, has some balls. Put the chip into the next PS3 model. With the enhanced graphics on HDTV (which makes playing on the PS2 unbearable, it seems), people will thank you.

Xbox 360 has a limited ability to play Xbox games, through software emulation.
Old 2009-04-16, 09:02   Link #1996
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Instead of price dropping, they should bring BC back. Not like I care, but seeing how people keep on complaining about the lacking of BC, I guess it's a good choice.
Old 2009-04-16, 09:05   Link #1997
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Oh, trust me. For someone who didn't jump on board the PS2 bandwagon, I'm rather pissed at this lack of BC. In fact, I was thinking of how to get my hands on the older models who have BC.
Old 2009-04-16, 09:14   Link #1998
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
No your a moron because I chose the wait, but when I purchased the console I didn't know, again I'm a gamer not a fanboy, and when the developer screws over the legion of fans they've made is pretty fucking low. I just think its an unfair decision that the CONSUMER does not get a chance to choose.
Then blame Microsoft for bringing out a game that wasn't fully finished yet, but don't start pointing fingers at Sony (and by extension Namco) for giving their players something for softening the blow. This is hardly alienating 'the fanbase', this is rewarding a fanbase for waiting this long on a game. Had they released Vesperia without any extras, they'd have been 'screwing over' their PS3 fanbase.

And in case you forgot, putting in this extra content also cost Namco money, so it's hardly as big a money grab as you're making it out to be.
Old 2009-04-16, 09:22   Link #1999
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Oh, trust me. For someone who didn't jump on board the PS2 bandwagon, I'm rather pissed at this lack of BC. In fact, I was thinking of how to get my hands on the older models who have BC.
But there's some issues in the BC. I played MGS3 in slowmotion, for example. Is not as great as it seems. Mostly games work fine, but if you want all PS2 library 100%, better get a PS2.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 09:24   Link #2000
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
No your a moron because I chose the wait, but when I purchased the console I didn't know
Now this isn't directed to me, but it looks like you've made a choice based on ignorance. The 360 has been getting timed exclusives long before Vesperia (Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms to name two RPGs). Really, if you bought your 360 in the past few years, you only have yourself to blame since you didn't do your homework. And if you bought your 360 at launch, or near launch, well, that's the risk you take for buying a new system.

Really now... 360 gets it early. PS3 gets more content, IF they even get the game at all. If you want both worlds, well you just gotta suck it up and pay for it, no?

Your complaint would be like the movie goer complaining that the dvd renter gets bonus scenes that wasn't shown in the original movie. Well, guess what? That's how business works my friend. If something is released one way, of course they're going to add something extra, to give an extra incentive to get more people to buy their product when it's going to be released another way after X amount of time.

I mean... look at ANY port of a game that's been released a significant amount of time after its original release. You'd be hardpressed to find any where they didn't add content. Mass Effect? GTA4? The Last Remnant? All recent games where their port to the PC has exclusives not available for the 360.

And look on the bright side... at least you have access to more DLC for your games than PS3 users are. I mean, how fair is it that even thoguh Fallout 3 has been released at the same time for all three systems (360, PS3, and PC), the PS3 users gets the shaft by having no DLC content at all? Tell me how's that fair.

Seriously, the 360 user has major advantages on the 'fair' system than the PS3 user does. As the owner of both systems, I can see this quite easily, and all your complaints pretty much boils down to the 'grass is greener on the other side', I'm afraid.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony