Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-07-10, 10:03   Link #941
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
MGS4 exclusivity all but lost. Haha.. ha... ha..
I saw an article somewhere (kotaku I think) a week or so ago where Sony was saying that they don't pay to get exclusives (as opposed to Microsoft). Can that possibly be true? If so, it WOULD explain why they keep losing exclusives left and right.

I'm still of the opinion that Sony will win this generation, but if they lose MGS4 and FFXIII, I might have to rethink things. Didn't these guys learn anything with Assassin's Creed?
Old 2007-07-10, 15:00   Link #942
GhOsTeDgE

I don't think it's a matter of learning anything, it's a matter of upholding principles.
After they went public with the "they don't pay for exclusives," there's no way that they would turn around and start paying for exclusives. Don't worry though, a lot of the good exclusives are first-party titles.

PS. I like that Sixaxis on the 80GB pic. That red light looks sexe.

Damnit, too bad I'm going to Cali in a couple of days, or else I'd buy another one right now. For anyone interested, Circuit City website has a 60GB PS3 + Extra controller for $499. The controller appears in your cart when you checkout. PS3 + Sixaxis
GhOsTeDgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 17:24   Link #943
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
That's better than the 5 Blu-Ray discs offer.

There are many sites claiming sales of PS3 are skyrocketing after the price drop.

Gaming News
Just went and looked at the offer. It's official- I'm STARTING to feel like I should have waited for a deal like this to come along. Especially if these still have the emotion chip. Apparently, you get Memento when you order and then send for the other five (which are from the same list that's been floating around). With an extra sixaxis, that's a darn good deal. At this rate, there's going to be a 2-for-1 deal tomorrow.
Old 2007-07-11, 01:40   Link #944
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
Just went and looked at the offer. It's official- I'm STARTING to feel like I should have waited for a deal like this to come along. Especially if these still have the emotion chip. Apparently, you get Memento when you order and then send for the other five (which are from the same list that's been floating around). With an extra sixaxis, that's a darn good deal. At this rate, there's going to be a 2-for-1 deal tomorrow.
Memento? Seriously?

That's one of the best movies I've ever watched... and on Blu-Ray? I cry.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 18:33   Link #945
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
With an extra sixaxis, that's a darn good deal.
You get the remote, not the SIXAXIS.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 19:19   Link #946
GhOsTeDgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
You get the remote, not the SIXAXIS.
Amazon has the free remote and memento.
Circuit City has the free Sixaxis.
Old 2007-07-12, 11:22   Link #947
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
unless the tv is 47 inches i dont think its going to make that much of a difference to most people GHD must be nice using HDMI as your lowest standard

Even with the PS3's new lower price, and since it is not compatible with older JP software, and since almost no anime is out on blue ray here in the US, it looks like I won't be purchasing a PS3 till way into 2008 even though I had planned to get one.

I was really looking forward to owning Air on blueray also, even just as a showpiece.
I do not see why anime would look that much better on Blue Ray than a regular DVD. It would only look SLIGHTLY better if it looks better at all. The only things on Blue-Ray that would have any significant difference are live action movies or shows since there are a lot of ways to enhance them, but not so much with something two-dimensional.

In short, it would be like using top-grade digital coloring and improving image resolution on the pictures of "Go Dog Go".
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 11:33   Link #948
Arakawa
Mugiwara
*Graphic Designer

Or maybe since the blue ray has more data space on it, they'll be able to put like a couple seasons on one disk? o_o
Arakawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 12:52   Link #949
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakawa View Post
Or maybe since the blue ray has more data space on it, they'll be able to put like a couple seasons on one disk? o_o
On Blu-ray? They won't just put anime from a original DVD to Blu-ray, look at Air - costs over 200 alone with every episode including Air in Summer(Not the movie though) and it looks beautiful unlike the ordinary DVD's. But uh... well an entire season on a BD collection might be more pricie than original season # on DVD.
Old 2007-07-12, 19:00   Link #950
mishka

will PS2 Gameshark work on PS3?! If not, then is there a ps3 gameshark?
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 20:54   Link #951
mishka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
No PS2 Gameshark doesn't work for the PS3. As of now there is no way of cheating for the PS3... except downloading other people's saved files. Noted that some games are saved with system recognition so transferring someone else saved file won't work.
Will they ever come out with a cheat device for ps3 then?! How long did it take for the ps2 gameshark to come out after ps2's release?

I still don't have a ps3....but I'm not gonna buy one until I can cheat! I kindda like having infinite ammo.
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 05:39   Link #952
GhOsTeDgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Will they ever come out with a cheat device for ps3 then?! How long did it take for the ps2 gameshark to come out after ps2's release?

I still don't have a ps3....but I'm not gonna buy one until I can cheat! I kindda like having infinite ammo.
They might have a problem doing a gameshark or whatever for the PS3 since a lot of the games are going online now. It all comes down to ethics, they can't very well make a cheating device that works for online games since you're playing against real people; one option would be filter their catalog so they only make cheats for single player games, but that would make their list of games so small that people might find such a device insubstantial.
Old 2007-07-13, 11:33   Link #953
Slayerx

Not sure if it's been said but....
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26704
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=14685

PS3 $499 60 gb isn't a price drop, it's a god damn Sale while supplies last!
Apparently, Sony dropped the price of the PS3 because they are planning to kill th 60GB model and keep ONLY the 80GB model... after the current stock of 60GB is sold, PS3 will once again be a $600 only console...

*sigh*... and just when Sony was doing something right....
stupid, stupid move sony....
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 12:08   Link #954
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

He's from Europe, I don't believe a word until someone from SCEA says so.

Here ya go; http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=6427&Itemid=2 & http://www.gamespot.com/news/6174962.html & http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...clarification/

Last edited by Aka; 2007-07-13 at 14:42.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 16:06   Link #955
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
He's from Europe, I don't believe a word until someone from SCEA says so.
http://www.deeko.com/news/?p=2894
First Reeves lets the cat out of the back, and a PR guy back him up... SCEA then denies such things (as usual), but as it turns out at E3, Kaz Hirai said...

“Well again just from a hardware perspective, the 499 dollar price adjustment that we did for the 60 gig version for the American market–were no longer in production for that product. So when that product is gone from the retailers shelves, then were back to the 599 SKU. So it’s not like we have a 2 price strategy here in the US market. We learned very quickly customers respond better to having one SKU than two.”

So... yeah...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 16:36   Link #956
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Well that sounds like not any kind of improvement at all. Sure the 80 Gb model has 20 Gb more space, but it'll probably cost Sony next-to-nothing extra to go for the bigger disk. Adding in Motorstorm cost practically nothing production wise also (I got Motorstorm for free with my PS3 too, and that was weeks ago). Of course the 80 Gb model does lacks the Emotion Engine (PS2 hardware), so... end result: a win for Sony and the customer still loses.

I'd say, if you wanted a PS3... get the 60 Gb model before it's gone. You pay $100 less for more (if you care about PS2 backwards compatibility) and if you care about a big disk, just put your own in.

Then again, if you don't care about PS3 right now, the other option could be to wait for the real price cut (permanent for a model that IS still in production) and for more better games to be available, but that'll probably be at least a full year from now.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 17:08   Link #957
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Well that sounds like not any kind of improvement at all. Sure the 80 Gb model has 20 Gb more space, but it'll probably cost Sony next-to-nothing extra to go for the bigger disk. Adding in Motorstorm cost practically nothing production wise also (I got Motorstorm for free with my PS3 too, and that was weeks ago). Of course the 80 Gb model does lacks the Emotion Engine (PS2 hardware), so... end result: a win for Sony and the customer still loses.
It is probably a supply problem, 60GB 2.5" sata's HDD soon phasing out.
If they insist that 60GB have to be suppled and specially
manufactured for the PS3, that be financially a disadvantage for sony,
so go with the market is a good choice.
Reckon we will see similar moves by sony in the future as well.
No big deal, besides you can upgrade your seagate HDD anytime you want.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 20:39   Link #958
Lebron
I hear voices

Killzone 2 looked awesome. Some really awesome stuff from them, was really near to the E3 '05 trailer. Hopefully the story and controls are there to go along with the already awesome presentation. Maybe they will give a beta demo or something in the future before release.

Everything else was pretty much what I already expected. A lot of no-shows that I was looking forward to(FFXIII, WKS, Team ICO, Monster Hunter 3), but I guess they're saving it for TGS.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 21:00   Link #959
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

That so was the funniest thing of E3

After a decent preformance at E3 and MS admiting to problems...They have then announce this
Old 2007-07-13, 22:29   Link #960
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
That so was the funniest thing of E3

After a decent preformance at E3 and MS admiting to problems...They have then announce this
I'm not sure whether people are trying to be politically correct, or whether they're all rabid fanboys of other platforms. Because Sony most definitely had a DAMN GOOD showing at E3.

The pricing affair is unfortunate.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony