AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 52 Rating
Perfect 10 60 51.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 17.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-13, 01:44   Link #41
Liingo
Love Hina?

Many thanks to Eclipse-SS for the subs. Hopefully you'll be ready for the next season as well XD

And that brings the first season to a close. I quite liked it, although it was unbelievably cruel to have that scene with Hina and Ayumu in the ferris wheel together, when it hasn't been previously touched in the series.

The ending montage was a nice touch, going through the memorable sequences of the show. The mafia stole the show in this episode don't you think with their random words XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox79 View Post
I think that will be explained in season 2, as this episode kinda skipped ahead. There was a flashback on an event that hasn't happened yet, but I can guarantee you that it will happen in season 2
I'd hope so. Otherwise there might be a riot. There's still so much material to cover, especially regarding the Hina/Ayumu/Hayate side of things.
Old 2008-04-13, 03:38   Link #42
Doki
Tomyo Ponytail~~

its over... followed this show since 1st episode came out, so its kinda sad that its over. hng was imo somekind of random but i really enjoyed it alot.
didnt get all those preference but it was really funny.
anyway, cant wait for 2nd season~~

and ofc thank you very much to eclipse for subbing this hole show for so long time
Old 2008-04-13, 06:16   Link #43
bungoman

Did anyone else catch the Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross reference in the episode title?
Old 2008-04-13, 06:34   Link #44
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
Yeah, this 'great but not amazing' episode rated 10 by me, nothing more nothing less.

It's great episode, but it simply not an 'epic win'.
Old 2008-04-13, 11:09   Link #45
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

What a nice season ending that was, although it's obviously not the end of the series, since we've yet to see Nagi cry and apologize to Hayate.

The fake Italian was hilarious. Some fun chases by the Italian Mafia. Where are the Gunslinger Girls when you need them? With all the parodies going around I was certain one of them would show up.

Now let's all wait for season 2!
Old 2008-04-13, 12:55   Link #46
Dop
Mmmm....

The Hayate who leapt through time.
And he didn't need a DeLorean to do it!

Great episode and a lovely way to end the series

Thanks to SS-Eclipse on a stellar subbing job, hope they'll be back for the next series.
Old 2008-04-13, 13:32   Link #47
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It was a nice way to wrap everything up while still leaving space for season 2. ^__^

Although I didn't know Hina and Ayumu were friends. That confused me, and kind of threw off my pacing a little.

9/10 only because of the inconsistency with the Hina/Ayumu friendship thing [unless they randomly will flashback in the second season].
Old 2008-04-13, 15:58   Link #48
Hao

It was a sweet ending. Even after all those pointless episodes from before, this made up for it.
I'll be sure to watch season two of Hayate.
Old 2008-04-13, 18:08   Link #49
Eric10301

I'm glad the season ended on a high note because I was honestly starting to get tired of all the randomness and no real plot progression, kind of like school rumble. Oh and SS-Eclipse did an amazing job on this series.
Old 2008-04-13, 18:49   Link #50
klowny
OH NO

the Final episode it was okay but it could have been better, hayate going to the past is really going somewhere else lol
Old 2008-04-13, 20:24   Link #51
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
In my honest opinion this episode was a win win situation for me, because of how they kept it comedy but of course added a bit more drama into it, than they usually would.
Old 2008-04-13, 23:39   Link #52
Traece
:cool:

Hah I didn't think about it before but the Back to the Future scene was definitely a hint at the time skip. xD.
This episode wasn't higher on my list to be honest. I actually found this episode to be very anti-climactic. I felt like more should've happened, rather than several scenes of Hinagiku being adorable with her hatred of heights, resulting in lots of crawling; a few scenes involving the council trio, and Hina's sister; about three scenes involving Tama and Colonel Sanders the butler; and Hayate scaring the life out of pseudo-italians.
It was a good episode, they all are! But I just felt like it should've had a more romantic ending, oddly. Somehow, it just seems like Hayate should've ended romantically.
Old 2008-04-14, 00:54   Link #53
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ well, they can save that kind of ending for S2

For me it was pretty good. I loved how they made use of the ED song to set the mood and those flashbacks just gave me nostalgia all the way through. "It really has been a year hasn't it" kinda feeling, making me a bit sad to see this series go even if it wasn't the best.

Hina had her moments which did kinda overtook Nagi's spot
Chibi Nagi was cute until she opened her mouth unfortunatly

Well, I can't wait to see what they can do with S2 ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-14, 06:23   Link #54
KatsuKy
Trolls hater

Send a message via Yahoo to KatsuKy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungoman View Post
Did anyone else catch the Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross reference in the episode title?
Yeah I noticed that but the awesomeness of the episode totally took me.
The annnoucement of the Second Season made me feel extremely happy, even the ending of Rozen Maiden Overture didn't make me open my diary and wrote an entry for it.
Big thanks SS-Eclipse for the fantastic job they did, and EnergySP for the anime!
Old 2008-04-15, 02:10   Link #55
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

Eh, I loved it, this episode and the entire season. By the way, one thing I could quite get was Nagi's hat... that is, was that a reference to Kakyuusei 2 or is it just a coincidence that it was similar to a part of that series?
Old 2008-04-15, 03:16   Link #56
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I believe for the nature of the series, this ep was extremely well done. After watching through 52 of these eps I was actually quite touched near the end of the series. This ep had the perfect mix of comedy and drama.

Considering how completely random Hayate no Gotoku was before, this ep was a breath of fresh air and I really enjoyed it.. Can't wait for the second season.

In the context of the series I give this ep a 10/10
Old 2008-04-15, 08:50   Link #57
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
Yeah, The anime didn't show about Valentine Day, Therefore Ayumu and Hinagiku wouldn't be that close.
Old 2008-04-15, 14:03   Link #58
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Loved that feel good ending.

For all its flaws, damn I enjoyed this series thoroughly. Looking forward to season 2.
Old 2008-04-15, 15:07   Link #59
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Someone tell me if I just missed the following moments:

1) Hamster and Hina in the Ferris Wheel
2) Wataru sitting in the snow on >< whatever english name is and Sakuya walking to him smiling.

I can remember every other moment in the flash backs, but those two are completely new to me.
Old 2008-04-15, 15:47   Link #60
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Someone tell me if I just missed the following moments:

1) Hamster and Hina in the Ferris Wheel
2) Wataru sitting in the snow on >< whatever english name is and Sakuya walking to him smiling.

I can remember every other moment in the flash backs, but those two are completely new to me.
manga only (but hopefully incoorperated in S2)

Spoiler for manga:

S2 fighting, hope it comes this year ; <

ain´t happening^^
Closed Thread