AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 38 Rating
Perfect 10 15 40.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 40.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 13.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-12-25, 07:28   Link #21
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

welp, that berserk Barbatos brutally murdering the Hashmal, now imagine all 72 of them like that at the same time,

wouldn't Tekkadan afford a wheelchair for Mika? instead of Hush carrying him around like a sack of potatoes.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 07:28   Link #22
Raxnom
気疲れ

That talk between Mika and Orga. It was a very powerful moment and sad one at the same time. I actually almost cried because of intense feels. And Mika's speech about how he can live on only fighthing makes me think he could actually die at the end of show.

Say what you want about Gundam:IBO, but you definitely can not deny that it delivers a very big array of feelings. Be it either hype of sadness.
Old 2016-12-25, 07:29   Link #23
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wonder if it's her way of giving Mika a reason to care about his life. But I think he is far too broken for that anymore.

Psychologically.
Yes, probably. She seems to think that Mika is in love with Kudelia and hopes that having a baby with her will be a chain powerful enough to have him stay in this world. It's a very simple, very naive and very "Atra" way of thinking, as she values the family-like bonds with Kudelia, Mika, bakery owner and the others the most, they are her goal and her greatest treasure, and also the terms she thinks in. With Kudelia and especially Mika it's different. It was sad to see that when Kudelia tried to insert herself as part of Atra and Mika's world, part of Mika's farm dream, Mika himself was the one to remind her that that's not her job, not her world, not her goal, not her path.

This felt like the point of no return for all of our mains, for Mika, for Orga, for Kudelia and even for Atra. Mika, in particular, is on a one-way express train bound to self-destruction, he's resigned to it (that's why he says there's no need to think about the world outside of Barbatos' cockpit and fighting anymore), and nothing, no waifus, no babies and not even Orga, can make him want to live anymore. It's a tragedy, through and through, one of Okada's most powerful ones to date, imo.

As to babies, somehow I'm now sure he will leave one, to live in the world free of fighting, but as to its mother, somehow I'm inclined to think it will be Atra herself rather than Kudelia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Kudelia can be on top, what's the problem? Even people without limbs have kids (of their own)

Also - Atra should know how it is does better than anyone, no?
Considering her reaction to the kiss in S1 and subsequent talk with Fumitan, good luck having Kudelia get used to the very thought without fainting from horror, especially with her having to do all the work when she's an innocent totally inexperienced shy virgin with a very vague idea of what sex is.

Last edited by tdx; 2016-12-25 at 07:40.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 07:37   Link #24
Tormenk

And hence Atra begins one of the greatest sub-plot in the Gundam franchise: getting Mika laid with Kudelia.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 07:40   Link #25
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxnom View Post
That talk between Mika and Orga. It was a very powerful moment and sad one at the same time. I actually almost cried because of intense feels. And Mika's speech about how he can live on only fighthing makes me think he could actually die at the end of show.

Say what you want about Gundam:IBO, but you definitely can not deny that it delivers a very big array of feelings. Be it either hype of sadness.
This I agree with it was really powerful moment.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 08:00   Link #26
ReddyRedWolf

You are sly Atra... Women are scary! It is either she and Kudelia have Mika's babies before he kills himself so they have something of him left behind or tie him down by the fact they have his children so he wont kill himself. It may very well backfire he'll do anything to protect his family.

Speaking of "Family" McMurdo is proud of Tekkadan but warns Orga of where his loyalty lies. Recognizing perhaps McGillis s a manipulative bastard. Meanwhile Naze warns Orga he is rushing too fast that he may not like where he ends up.

Orga feels guilty about Mika. He wants to say sorry but Mika wont let him. In this unhealthy relationship it is clear Mika is the dominant one.

McGillis finally called on Iok being a dumbass that caused trouble that even Rustal has to acknowledge it. McGillis was partly telling the truth that he didn't come to Mars to win a medal. He actually forgot that part as he knows from history how dangerous Mobile Armors was. And That Stupid Idiot awoke it as well as getting n the way causing casualties. Unfortunately the Stupid Idiot is teaming up with another one. I can see lots of dead people in Teiwaz and Gjallarhorn already.

McGills fanboying on Barbatos action wants to pilot Bael even more. He also knows Gali is out gunning for him.

Jullieta is herself rushing test piloting a new unit.

Heh~ Mika being paralyzed on his right side Hush has really become his man servant.

Ride has a better taste in paint jobs. Now please paint Flauros something some other color please?

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2016-12-25 at 08:18.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 08:07   Link #27
MgMaster

Mika & Orga should earn the most unhealthy bromance of the year,or of 2 years or more even,award already. Neither Kudelia nor Atra have a chance at NTR'ing that ~ Not that there'll be anything left of him to NTR soon.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 08:07   Link #28
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Ride has a better taste in pant jobs. Now please paint Flauros something some other color please?
This, so much true, now we just for flauros to get the colour it deserve

Strongest moment aside, I found it really interesting that Kudelia actually going to the farm to help in Mika's place while Mika said she has her own job, a very good moment that depicted their relationship and coupled with the time when Mika agree to let Kudelia and Atra staying in town in the last ep, they own both care about each other their own ways, Mika, Atra and Kudelia

And Bael hype so much, I want Bael
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 08:09   Link #29
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So after watching both Episodes 37 and 38, I felt speechless that Mikazuki Augus would sacrifice his right half of his body to destroy the Hashmal Mobile Armor. Still, it's sad that he can't walk unless Mika is being hooked to Barbatos, which I feel it'll have another upgrade in the future.

Meanwhile, Iok Kujan asking Jasley Donomikols for help is the stupidest idea that Iok might get killed after the Teiwaz executive is done with him! Would it be better if Rustal Elion used Jasley Donomikols to stage a proxy war with Tekkadan just to discredit McGills Fareed? Then again, Gjallarhorn is conducting it already between Teiwaz factions.

One last thing, Atra telling Kudelia to make babies with Mikazuki is the most hilarious thing that she said on this episode!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 08:10   Link #30
dragon1412

Idiok + Jastupid = ...
anyone predict how this awesome combination is going to unfold
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 08:11   Link #31
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

This show has elevated the gundam franchise to a next level for me, the last one kind of brought it down. anyway Grate episode it brought me out of my watching the forum only.

Anyone else think that Julieta may be related to McGillis by blood?
the last words of Rustal to Julieta " you are strong enough but what i expect from you is something different." that just seem fishy to me.

anyway grate episode 10/10
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 08:15   Link #32
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Heh~ Mika being paralyzed on his right side Hush has really become his man servant.
Maybe his doesn't like that fact McGillis has his own so he wanted one
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 08:28   Link #33
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
So after watching both Episodes 37 and 38, I felt speechless that Mikazuki Augus would sacrifice his right half of his body to destroy the Hashmal Mobile Armor. Still, it's sad that he can't walk unless Mika is being hooked to Barbatos, which I feel it'll have another upgrade in the future.

Meanwhile, Iok Kujan asking Jasley Donomikols for help is the stupidest idea that Iok might get killed after the Teiwaz executive is done with him! Would it be better if Rustal Elion used Jasley Donomikols to stage a proxy war with Tekkadan just to discredit McGills Fareed? Then again, Gjallarhorn is conducting it already between Teiwaz factions.

One last thing, Atra telling Kudelia to make babies with Mikazuki is the most hilarious thing that she said on this episode!
Rustal is basically unable to pull off any more acts of espionage with his bastard brother dead and all. The Bearded Man basically acted as his colonial hand in previous affairs like Dort and the SAU conflict. Iok still has his family links to Teiwaz.

As it shows it was because of Atra and Kudelia he gave his ability to walk on his own. He did the same in Edmonton to stop the demented Ein from going to Parliment and killing everybody inside just for Kudelia. He would give his life if Kudelia ever is in danger. Orga may have given him the reason to find a place where they can make a difference but it was Kudelia who gave him a reason to make a difference as we have seen in 13 of s1. He outright said that Kudal was good to die of all people he killed, even Carta was seen as another target despite being the one who killed Biscuit.

Mika knows the war has just begun and with him showing the full ability of Barbatos he accepted that this fight isnt over until its actuallt over and the dead cant exactly know what will happen next.
Old 2016-12-25, 08:29   Link #34
akumaten

Mika and Barbatos truly unleashed the beast
I love you Atra, but why can't you do it? You two have history. Give Mika a baby.
Riden is pretty awesome. You deserve it, Ride.
Hush is starting to finally grow on me. It was cute seeing him carry Mika.
No matter how disheartining it gets, Mika knows what he's getting himself into, so I will respect his decision.

Finally, the Idiok may unintentionally cause a mafia war once he outs the Jarsly guy that unintentionally instigated the Mobile Armor attack
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 08:47   Link #35
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

I activated my account again here just to say that Mikazuki is the three eyed raven now and that hush should just say hodor from now on. Sorry for the worthless post. I just can't help it.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 09:06   Link #36
Ernietheracefan

Mika has been Sange'd for the second time. I wonder if Okada was inspired from YuYuYu..?

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 09:09   Link #37
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

please don't tell me they are going have an implied scene of (Paraplegic) Mika having threesome with his two girls that might put the Kira & Flay scene to shame.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 09:15   Link #38
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

That was awesome. Perfect episode as we go on the short break. Some thoughts -

(1) it seems like we are heading towards a Gjallhorn and Teiwaz civil wars. Also, I have this feeling that by the end of the series, Naze would be the big boss of Teiwaz (or whatever it is called by that time), and thus he makes Tekkadan a partner instead of a subordinate. As of now, that's the only way I can see Tekkadan being independent without completely destroying the ties with Teiwaz.

(2) Bael! I guess it's even more likely that Bael is going to be piloted by McGillis, right? So we'd probably get a Bael vs Barbatos fight near the end. Speaking of Barbatos, we'd probably see a new version after the break, right? Probably one that uses parts from the MA.

(3) Lots of emotional moments this episode. I felt the baby remark kinda killed the emotions of that particular scene. That or Kudelia's reaction.

(4) Iok and Jasley huh? I bet they both get used by Rustal in the end. Rustal might be thinking that he wants to use Iok as much as possible before severing ties with the Kujan family.

(5) Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been a month since the fight with the MA, right? And they still hasn't sent Barbatos for repairs? Something tells me that they'd get into a fight soon and Barbatos (in his new form) will once again make an epic (late) entrance.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 09:37   Link #39
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Mika knows the war has just begun and with him showing the full ability of Barbatos he accepted that this fight isnt over until its actuallt over and the dead cant exactly know what will happen next.
Speaking of Mikazuki, will he have the Order of the Seven Stars now that he destroyed the Hashmal Mobile Armor?

Then again, I'm worried that he might become Ein Dalton after sacrificing his left half just to bring Barbatos' full potential! Would it be better if Teiwaz made an exoskeleton for disabled people with Alaya-Vijanna?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-25, 10:19   Link #40
Key Board
Carbon

Good episode.

The Atra thing was creepy, but I think it was intentional.
I sensed her desperation.

Orga and Mika interaction further emphasize that they're being swept by a seemingly unstoppable yakuza movie momentum.
Things can only end bloodily, but that's the kind of ending the genre demands

in other words, It has to be this way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyqa_h7slx4

The show will end with Cyborg Mika vs Modified Chocoloate Man
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote